Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2021, 09:09 AM   #881
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
SO the Mavs get to hire Nash? Look at the Bucks minutes chief. It's the playoffs.
Yeah the rotations are shorter in the playoffs. Nets have a terrible defense and injuries….had nothing to do with rotations.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #882
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I agree, but can't we also be smart enough to understand that there are no sure things, and recognize that teams have to get lucky on good gambles? All these teams have smart people trying to fight over the same resources. I'm just happy that Mark Cuban's retarded ass somehow ended up with Luks Doncic right when Dirk was retiring.
While true….it seems like the Mavs kill any chance of having luck go there way.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:30 AM   #883
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Spencer Dinwiddie is now a UFA
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:14 AM   #884
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
After the way it ended with Nash in Dallas as a player, I don't see him being the coach.
Nash gave Cuban the option to match, and Cuban has acknowledged that he fucked up, so I don’t think there is bad blood.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:16 AM   #885
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
While true….it seems like the Mavs kill any chance of having luck go there way.
That’s Cuban thinking he is the world’s best salesman. It seems to me that since the Howard thing he’s figured out he’s not and that agents are liars.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #886
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
That’s Cuban thinking he is the world’s best salesman. It seems to me that since the Howard thing he’s figured out he’s not and that agents are liars.
Yeah I mean hopefully he understands that you can’t persuade guys to come to Dallas when they already have their mind made up.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:41 AM   #887
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Nash gave Cuban the option to match, and Cuban has acknowledged that he fucked up, so I don’t think there is bad blood.
Yeah if I’m not mistaken I think was scared of his back or knees long term?
Old 06-20-2021, 11:02 AM   #888
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah if I’m not mistaken I think was scared of his back or knees long term?
He was just a douche who had a personal issue with the agent. He used the back as an excuse.
Old 06-20-2021, 12:22 PM   #889
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Holy spaceballs....

Quote:
With Donnie Nelson out, Carlisle lost one of his guys in the front office, leaving him to consider a future where he may have to work hand in hand with “shadow GM” Bob Voulgaris. It sounds like the relationship between Voulgaris and Carlisle had already gotten a little ridiculous by NBA standards. Amick reports that Voulgaris was behind the decision to start Boban Marjanovic in the Playoffs, in what sounds like a ‘you better start Boban or else’ type of situation. Rick Carlisle is not the type of coach who is going to put up with that shit.
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/6...-bob-voulgaris

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:42 PM   #890
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I can't imagine a situation where RC would allow someone to dictate his lineups even under threat like this article stipulates. I can see what Tmac said and that lineups are suggested to him but it is ultimately RC who chooses what to play and that literally all of the league does things like that... Whether this is true or not doesn't matter though Bob has to go, and God I am sick of Dallas ownership in sports.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:48 PM   #891
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
SO the Mavs get to hire Nash? Look at the Bucks minutes chief. It's the playoffs.
No, I don't want Nash as our head coach either. And I did see their minutes. That doesn't make his coaching decisions any better.
Old 06-20-2021, 12:51 PM   #892
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Even though it won't happen, I wish Cuban would sell the team.

I wanted a new coach actually, but I did not want this type of dysfunction with the staff that still remains.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-20-2021 at 12:53 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 01:04 PM   #893
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

In a statement to ESPN, Carlisle said that the decision was his alone and that he is looking forward to continuing his career as a coach.

Tells you everything you need to know right there. He didn't leave to retire, he wants to be somewhere else because of the way this organization is being run. Why is some professional gambler taking control of this organization? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I'm getting to where I have to seperate the Mavs players vs the organization. I still love the players never forget 2011 love Luka, but the organization is becoming hard to root for.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-20-2021 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-20-2021, 01:10 PM   #894
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I can't imagine a situation where RC would allow someone to dictate his lineups even under threat like this article stipulates. I can see what Tmac said and that lineups are suggested to him but it is ultimately RC who chooses what to play and that literally all of the league does things like that... Whether this is true or not doesn't matter though Bob has to go, and God I am sick of Dallas ownership in sports.
But it makes sense if you think about it. Boban is everyone's wet dream around here and he does produce when he is on the court so we know the advanced stats love him.

Old 06-20-2021, 01:23 PM   #895
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But it makes sense if you think about it. Boban is everyone's wet dream around here and he does produce when he is on the court so we know the advanced stats love him.
Yeah it does make sense. I just can't see RC's personality being one to go along with it. He did end up leaving so you could say he did it knowing he was done with us anyway. I wouldn't be shocked if it was true but I would be surprised.
Old 06-20-2021, 01:55 PM   #896
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I call BS on this too. No way control freak Rick let’s someone dictate his playoff lineup. I can see him bending to Luka’s will but this is something else entirely.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:06 PM   #897
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Yeah it does make sense. I just can't see RC's personality being one to go along with it. He did end up leaving so you could say he did it knowing he was done with us anyway. I wouldn't be shocked if it was true but I would be surprised.
How many times has Rick done an out of left field move like that though? Barea starting in the finals is the last time I can think of such a bold move. But Barea was still a useful part of that team whereas Boban was a bench warmer.

The reality is two extremes collided. Rick and Donnie are of a different era and unwavering in their ways. It was just a matter of time that some hot shot, douchey know it all would crack the big three.

Question is: Should we be thanking Bob or hating him? Seems like most people wanted a FO shakeup. If it took him to do it, then fine by me.

Old 06-20-2021, 02:17 PM   #898
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yeah I call BS on this too. No way control freak Rick let’s someone dictate his playoff lineup. I can see him bending to Luka’s will but this is something else entirely.
But see, the reported implication is they were losing control. Report of Bobby V. holding meetings without Donnie? What kind of control is that?

And why would Luka yell at Rick asking him who was in charge him or Bob?

And does Rick still have control if Mark tells him that Bob is part of the braintrust?

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-20-2021 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-20-2021, 02:46 PM   #899
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
I remember that Iztok Franko guy saying that that lineup had the worst defensive numbers of any Mavs starting lineup for the regular season or something like that, even though the sample size was small. I’m sure it had something to do with Zubac being bad on defense, and Ibaka being hurt. Lue somehow knew it was going to happen though before any media did.
Old 06-20-2021, 02:50 PM   #900
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
And why would Luka yell at Rick asking him who was in charge him or Bob?
Yeah, I always thought this was pretty telling, also, that there was something to the Bob dictating lineups rumors.
Old 06-20-2021, 03:31 PM   #901
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't paint a rosy picture. Who would want to come into a situation where the last coach was one of-- if not THE-- most respected coaches in the NBA who had to leave because he was constantly undermined.

Same with Donnie. Donnie makes a decision like on Giannis. Cuban overrides him.

Professional coaches and GMs would be smart to stay miles away from that.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 04:56 PM   #902
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
He was just a douche who had a personal issue with the agent. He used the back as an excuse.
Maybe….but Nash did have back issues….
Old 06-20-2021, 06:50 PM   #903
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Maybe….but Nash did have back issues….
Yeah. I remember how he used to lay down instead of sitting during breathers, but it couldn’t have been that bad, if Phoenix was willing to give him that contract, and Cuban did not get along with that agent. I also think (my conspiracy theory, but I think it may have come up in that trial) it had something to do with Nellie. I’ll admit that it was the beginning of my bias against Cuban, and I could be downplaying the back issue (always thought the Bibby and defense stuff was overblown Cuban apologist stuff.)

Last edited by FreshJive; 06-20-2021 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-20-2021, 09:02 PM   #904
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah. I remember how he used to lay down instead of sitting during breathers, but it couldn’t have been that bad, if Phoenix was willing to give him that contract, and Cuban did not get along with that agent. I also think (my conspiracy theory, but I think it may have come up in that trial) it had something to do with Nellie. I’ll admit that it was the beginning of my bias against Cuban, and I could be downplaying the back issue (always thought the Bibby and defense stuff was overblown Cuban apologist stuff.)
I guess Parsons knees weren’t bad either since Memphis gave a max contract, and Dallas didn’t?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:11 PM   #905
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
In a statement to ESPN, Carlisle said that the decision was his alone and that he is looking forward to continuing his career as a coach.

Tells you everything you need to know right there. He didn't leave to retire, he wants to be somewhere else because of the way this organization is being run. Why is some professional gambler taking control of this organization? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I'm getting to where I have to seperate the Mavs players vs the organization. I still love the players never forget 2011 love Luka, but the organization is becoming hard to root for.
His daughter is about to go to University. I wonder if that also impacted his decision. Maybe he wants to move the family closer to where she wants to go to school. Just a thought.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:13 AM   #906
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I guess Parsons knees weren’t bad either since Memphis gave a max contract, and Dallas didn’t?
How did Nash’s career go? Cuban has already owned it. He was willing to offer a long term contract for a little less money, so he wasn’t concerned with the back. It was the agent.
Old 06-21-2021, 07:15 AM   #907
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
His daughter is about to go to University. I wonder if that also impacted his decision. Maybe he wants to move the family closer to where she wants to go to school. Just a thought.
Zero chance
Old 06-21-2021, 10:38 AM   #908
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I hope so. Wait, you are going to tell me how wonderful Trae is, right?
I ain't gotta tell ya, you can see for yourownself: TY. Very much.

TY actually had a very subpar shooting game yesterday, but did not back down, kept involving his teammates, kept feeding Capela on lobs, threw a dagger in clutch time, and made his FTs down the stretch.

What's more, TY (and Ayton too) is still playin'-- NBA Playoffs too, not off in some Euro-rec league between helpings of goulash.

Things I like about Trae Young:
1) Involves his teammates instead of freezing them out
2) Shows great balance between distributing and looking for his own shot
3) Makes his FTs
4) Doesn't undermine his coach or teammates

TY's still too emotional at times with referees, but not every play up and down the court non-stop.

A few nights ago, one of the analysts made the point that Young plays with an edge, with a chip on his shoulder, like he's still got something to prove, after having heard all his basketball life that he's too small to succeed at the next level, that he'll be a fatal liability on defense, blah, blah, etc. etc.

Without naming names, the analyst also contrasted Young with players who have been told how great they are all their lives, and play NOT with a chip on their shoulder, but with a sense of entitlement--that they should get every call every time; that they should take every shot; that the entire offense should run through them; that they know more than coaches who've been in the pro game for 40 years.

Edge v. Entitlement.

@Zeus: Was this what you were looking for? If not, there's more.
"Here's a guy that thinks that he can win every possession of every game. ... I think part of his maturity is again knowing how to balance all those kill shots with involving teammates at the right time....That's just part of the maturity process. I think as we move forward you'll see more of an inclusive effort overall on those fronts. I do know that their supposed rift, tiff, whatever you want to call it, is way overblown." - Donnie Nelson, ex-Mavs GM
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 11:24 AM   #909
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

It truly puzzles me that someone who doesn't watch the Mavs, doesn't like the Mavs, and hates Luka would post here. Like it's just such a silly waste of time to try and prove something that literally nobody on here cares about.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-21-2021 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-21-2021, 11:59 AM   #910
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Dallas-Mavs.com... the only place on the internet where a Saddiq Bey stan will argue with a Trae Young stan.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:00 PM   #911
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
I ain't gotta tell ya, you can see for yourownself: TY. Very much.

Last edited by tap2390; 06-21-2021 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:10 PM   #912
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Demar Derozan is the guy. The Mavs have to do all they can to get him. It's that simple.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:36 PM   #913
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Demar Derozan is the guy. The Mavs have to do all they can to get him. It's that simple.
DeRozan over Norman Powell. I am curious as to why. Not disagreeing, just wondering.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:48 PM   #914
JustJay

If Luka had Trae's teammates, we'd be raising the trophy next month.
Old 06-21-2021, 12:55 PM   #915
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
DeRozan over Norman Powell. I am curious as to why. Not disagreeing, just wondering.
He's closer to being on a PG type level as your 2nd option opposed to Powell

Plus I like DeRozan because he offers more size on the wing and brings that elite mid range game similar to KL or C.Paul

Mavs need a guy who doesn't live and die on 3's and he'll get to the FT Line

Last edited by Dallas41; 06-21-2021 at 12:57 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #916
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Norman would be a good back up plan. I was torn on both of them. Reasons why I like Demar better:

It takes away a good amount of the reliance on the 3 ball by having you're 2nd best player not specializing in that skill.

He's way better at penetration. He can get anywhere he wants on the floor vs anyone. He does this while being able to find open guys too. Mid range killer who can score in crunch time which we desperately need instead of guys who rely on 3 ball. I'd rather have the ball in Derozans hands than THJ or Norm Powell any day.

He finishes really well, Even in traffic. Hes an and1 machine at times. He has a similar patient pace as Luka, but he has a high gear and can blow by and jam on guys which is always a momentum builder and a crowd pleaser.

7 or more FTs a game at almost a 90% clip last season.

6 or 7 assist per game and can rebound.

He's been playing at a high level for longer than Norman and you can actually give him the ball, fvck off and let him work....unlike THJ and Norman. They both need facilitators and have low assist rates.

He's flat out the better player and will be more expensive but I think it would be a great fit. You have another guy who can facilitate and score. Multi tool guys at his level are worth the difference in price than Norman even if it means we can't keep THJ. He actually makes a huge difference. Norman is a nice addition but he and THJ aren't making much difference.

I feel as strongly about Derozan as I did with C. Wood. He is the guy we need.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 06-21-2021 at 01:08 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 02:27 PM   #917
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Quoting just to have the gif posted again.

Because it's warranted.
Old 06-21-2021, 02:34 PM   #918
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Norman would be a good back up plan. I was torn on both of them. Reasons why I like Demar better:

It takes away a good amount of the reliance on the 3 ball by having you're 2nd best player not specializing in that skill.

He's way better at penetration. He can get anywhere he wants on the floor vs anyone. He does this while being able to find open guys too. Mid range killer who can score in crunch time which we desperately need instead of guys who rely on 3 ball. I'd rather have the ball in Derozans hands than THJ or Norm Powell any day.

He finishes really well, Even in traffic. Hes an and1 machine at times. He has a similar patient pace as Luka, but he has a high gear and can blow by and jam on guys which is always a momentum builder and a crowd pleaser.

7 or more FTs a game at almost a 90% clip last season.

6 or 7 assist per game and can rebound.

He's been playing at a high level for longer than Norman and you can actually give him the ball, fvck off and let him work....unlike THJ and Norman. They both need facilitators and have low assist rates.

He's flat out the better player and will be more expensive but I think it would be a great fit. You have another guy who can facilitate and score. Multi tool guys at his level are worth the difference in price than Norman even if it means we can't keep THJ. He actually makes a huge difference. Norman is a nice addition but he and THJ aren't making much difference.

I feel as strongly about Derozan as I did with C. Wood. He is the guy we need.
Derozan is bpa for me as well. Just go get the best players we can and worry about moves for fit on the margins later.
Old 06-21-2021, 03:51 PM   #919
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
That may be so, but it still doesn't really matter that much. The flood gates opened when Donnie said Luka needs to pass more. Give a writer an inch...
Luka DOES need to pass more. The ball is in his hands 2 minutes more per game than anyone else in the NBA (over 11 minutes per game...next highest are in the low 9's). There isn't any flow (and Rick has a flow offense). This is why its hard for others to get in a rhythm, and also why the team then struggles when he's not in the game. I don't think Donnie said anything that wasn't true, or that Luka wouldn't agree with. Luka wants to win and I think he knows that the team isn't going to win with him being a one man show.

So, I don't think that was it. What happened after that, though, probably was...which were discussions on why Luka should pass more, who he has to pass to, how Rick could manage that, etc etc etc.

The events that unfolded, to me, indicate that the Athletic piece was very true, and became even truer as Rick and Donnie discussed with Cuban.

The question, then, is how will that impact things going forward. Will Ujuri want to join an organization with that structure in place, and even more cemented? What about the next coach?
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:08 PM   #920
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Luka DOES need to pass more. The ball is in his hands 2 minutes more per game than anyone else in the NBA (over 11 minutes per game...next highest are in the low 9's). There isn't any flow (and Rick has a flow offense). This is why its hard for others to get in a rhythm, and also why the team then struggles when he's not in the game. I don't think Donnie said anything that wasn't true, or that Luka wouldn't agree with. Luka wants to win and I think he knows that the team isn't going to win with him being a one man show.

So, I don't think that was it. What happened after that, though, probably was...which were discussions on why Luka should pass more, who he has to pass to, how Rick could manage that, etc etc etc.

The events that unfolded, to me, indicate that the Athletic piece was very true, and became even truer as Rick and Donnie discussed with Cuban.

The question, then, is how will that impact things going forward. Will Ujuri want to join an organization with that structure in place, and even more cemented? What about the next coach?

Can you share where you saw that Luka stat? From what I see on NBA.com player > tracking > touches Luka, Dame, Trae, Harden, and Shai are all very close in touches/ time of possession.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks