Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-25-2008, 03:40 PM   #921
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I <3 Risk.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #922
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

What if Ben were on the Mavs?
Old 04-25-2008, 04:15 PM   #923
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

What if Jacob was one of us?
Old 04-26-2008, 12:55 AM   #924
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

can't wait to watch this newest episode and come chat about it...can't wait to watch game 3!!

I am so behind....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:56 AM   #925
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

sike....you fail as a human
Old 04-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #926
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
can't wait to watch this newest episode and come chat about it...can't wait to watch game 3!!

I am so behind....
They all die. Oh and in Lost Ben has Locke's baby.

Maybe I should have spoilered that?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #927
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I think you got it wrong there buddy, Locke's baby is Ben.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #928
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
They all die. Oh and in Lost Ben has Locke's baby.

Maybe I should have spoilered that?
dang it!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #929
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
sike....you fail as a human
i bet I could beat you up...I'm really tough...and sexy!

Old 04-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #930
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
I am just kidding around. anyway, you don't have to get HBO, just buy the series. I don't have HBO either. Plus, the series is done. So I am sure I won't get a lot of discussion from this board. but thanks for the suggestion
The Wire is the best show on television and its a shame that show didn't get any Emmy recognition. Not even nominations for the acting. Just great television.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #931
sike
The Preacha

How in the World is there some sort of "gentleman's agreement" about not killing family or what they call "the rules"...why would such committed and ruthless men (Ben/Widmore) not be willing to cross that line when they willingly kill others?

"we both know I CAN'T do that"....why can't Ben kill Widmore? Why is that out of bounds? Also remember that Widmore doesn't want Ben dead either...he wants him captured and brought back....

"I know what you are, boy....everything you have, you took from me".....?????????

Why does Widmore feel entitled to the Island? Ben in no way denies Widmore's claim...

Old 04-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #932
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sike, I personally don't think it was an agreement about family..since Ben thought disowning her would save her life.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-26-2008 at 03:56 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #933
sike
The Preacha

Sawyer is going to kill that murderous ex-military scum next week....

Old 04-26-2008, 03:59 PM   #934
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Sike, I personally don't think it was an agreement about family..since Ben thought disowning her would save her life.
he thought disowning her would spare her life...it was a weak and disparate attempt to appeal to the humanity of the killer.

These men don't care about killing other people...they (especially Widmore) has shown no distaste for murder...."the rules" HAVE to be something about killing family...after all....ben tells Widmore...."you're the one who changed the rules"

Old 04-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #935
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How in the World is there some sort of "gentleman's agreement" about not killing family or what they call "the rules"...why would such committed and ruthless men (Ben/Widmore) not be willing to cross that line when they willingly kill others?

"we both know I CAN'T do that"....why can't Ben kill Widmore? Why is that out of bounds? Also remember that Widmore doesn't want Ben dead either...he wants him captured and brought back....

"I know what you are, boy....everything you have, you took from me".....?????????

Why does Widmore feel entitled to the Island? Ben in no way denies Widmore's claim...
If Widmore's claim to the island is legit, maybe Ben can't kill him, the same way Michael couldn't kill himself.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #936
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
If Widmore's claim to the island is legit, maybe Ben can't kill him, the same way Michael couldn't kill himself.
its a thought...but I think the reason Mike couldnt kill himself was bc the island willed him to live....and wouldn't allow him to die...it would seem the island doesn't want Widmore to find it...I buy into the "rules" as the reason he can't kill him. If he wasnt allowed to Kill Widmore...why would he be allowed to kill Penny?

Old 04-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #937
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he thought disowning her would spare her life...it was a weak and disparate attempt to appeal to the humanity of the killer.

These men don't care about killing other people...they (especially Widmore) has shown no distaste for murder...."the rules" HAVE to be something about killing family...after all....ben tells Widmore...."you're the one who changed the rules"
Maybe.

But maybe the rules are something else altogether.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-26-2008 at 04:39 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #938
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

it seems like an external agent is making the rules -- it's not just agreement between widmore and linus;

the external agent is not all powerful, or widmore would not be able to break the rules;

the breaking of the rules may have played a part in sicking the smoke monster on widmore's dude....Ben says, "they broke the rules" (or did he say, "they changed the rules"?) .... and immediately he went and unchained ole smokey. perhaps it was the breaking of the rules that made it possible to sick smoke monster on the new bad guys????
Old 04-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #939
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
it seems like an external agent is making the rules -- it's not just agreement between widmore and linus;

the external agent is not all powerful, or widmore would not be able to break the rules;

the breaking of the rules may have played a part in sicking the smoke monster on widmore's dude....Ben says, "they broke the rules" (or did he say, "they changed the rules"?) .... and immediately he went and unchained ole smokey. perhaps it was the breaking of the rules that made it possible to sick smoke monster on the new bad guys????
I believe he said, "He changed the rules"...as in his actions have just changed "the rules"

Old 04-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #940
sike
The Preacha

so are we to think there are no "set" rules for how time is affected by the island?

the rocked payload arrived much later than it should have...and the doctor arrived much earlier than he should have...evidently.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:03 AM   #941
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

They've already planted the idea that the exact heading you take on your way to and from the island is important...perhaps there are different ways to manipulate time by entering at different headings and speeds through whatever this electromagnetic disturbance is that surrounds the island.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #942
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
They've already planted the idea that the exact heading you take on your way to and from the island is important...perhaps there are different ways to manipulate time by entering at different headings and speeds through whatever this electromagnetic disturbance is that surrounds the island.
good thought.

but I was of the mind that the certain heading was the ONLY WAY one could even approach the island...interesting.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #943
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, does this have something to do with that electric fence?

Sorry, I'm not very good at dissecting Lost. I just watch the episodes.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #944
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Wait, does this have something to do with that electric fence?
i don't think it has anything to do with the fence...from what we know, the fence is just a defensive/protective system to keep unwanted "things" out.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #945
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think the entire series hinge's on kates breasts.

I think they are they key to saving the LOSTies, and the island.

You can quote me on that in 2010.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #946
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ok, now we're making sense.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #947
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
I believe he said, "He changed the rules"...as in his actions have just changed "the rules"
ok nevermind, i was still kinda hungup on kate's cleavage.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #948
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I love breasts.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #949
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
I love breasts.
I do too!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #950
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

go LOST.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #951
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got around to watching it last night. I do find it quite nice that the first image we're treated to after 5 weeks of no lost is of Kate taking the strap of her shirt down off her shoulder.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #952
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Quote:
I do too!!!!
I like the one in the middle. Not too big, not too small. Just right.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:20 PM   #953
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I do too!!!!
I wish I had 3 hands...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #954
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Having three legs is better.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #955
sike
The Preacha

if one were to compliment any physical attribute of Kate....I think one might needs travel down on the list at least 3 spots until he/she would think of her...slightly better than fried egg breasts.

Last edited by sike; 04-28-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #956
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Alex is dead guys. =/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:37 AM   #957
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Alex is dead guys. =/
OR IS SHE???!!!!!!

(uh....yes...yes she is very much dead.)

Old 04-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #958
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(uh....yes...yes she is very much dead.)
...it sucks =/ She didn't make the playoffs, but she was definitely a legit contender. Call her Golden State?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 04-29-2008 at 12:04 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #959
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

read something on another board... what if ben's arm injury was a direct result of the teleportation? Maybe something happens in the orchid that would cause that, thus halliwax/wickmund/candle having no arm in one of the videos...
Old 04-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #960
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
read something on another board... what if ben's arm injury was a direct result of the teleportation? Maybe something happens in the orchid that would cause that, thus halliwax/wickmund/candle having no arm in one of the videos...
excellent thought...