Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #921
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
And what was the big deal not to tell that to the media when it actually happened??
Exactly. It would have avoided these "a few weeks away" every other week nonsense.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #922
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
And what was the big deal not to tell that to the media when it actually happened??
Nobody wants to look stupid. but we all sort of knew there was a F-up somewhere.

I also think their eagerness to blow off the initial injury as not being a hurdle to Roddy opening the season as the starter ("will the injury change your starting lineup on opening day, rick??") bit them in the butt so they went from one extreme of "its not so serious!" to the other of "there's no rush!".

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 01-25-2011 at 10:15 AM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #923
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
i really don't understand how the trade deadline affects when roddy comes back.
It is no secret the Mavs need to win NOW. If you need to win NOW, knowing what productive assets you have before the deadline is kind of a big deal.

That said, I don't think they'd know what they have by the deadline if he started playing tonight.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #924
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post
It is no secret the Mavs need to win NOW. If you need to win NOW, knowing what productive assets you have before the deadline is kind of a big deal.

That said, I don't think they'd know what they have by the deadline if he started playing tonight.
That's probably it. It will be close to impossible to get an idea on how good (or bad) this team is until mid-February. Peja will perhaps have played a dozen games before that, which is not a lot considering that he's been out for two months, and it's difficult to find the necessary chemistry in a few games. Roddy has been out for almost half a year now and a maximum of nine games isn't nearly enough to tell how good he'll be eventually.

It's possible that our FO will have to make educated guesses on our needs instead of having a clear understanding of it.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #925
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
That's probably it. It will be close to impossible to get an idea on how good (or bad) this team is until mid-February. Peja will perhaps have played a dozen games before that, which is not a lot considering that he's been out for two months, and it's difficult to find the necessary chemistry in a few games. Roddy has been out for almost half a year now and a maximum of nine games isn't nearly enough to tell how good he'll be eventually.

It's possible that our FO will have to make educated guesses on our needs instead of having a clear understanding of it.
Possible? Definitely!

They are and have been on the phones.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #926
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylstar View Post

I understand it would be nice for him to come back in the next week so they'd have some idea on how the team looks when healthy. I get THAT. I just don't get how that desire to evaluate the team at full strength gets him on the court any earlier.

To me it's pretty simple -- as soon as the doctors and roddy feel confident in his health then he should play. There shouldn't be any other factors that go into it. I think it's scary to think the trade deadline will play a factor as Fish reported. If that's true (which i highly doubt), then that's extremely irresponsible of the Mavs.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #927
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
He actually (and finally) admitted that he re broke his foot the 2nd time he got injured.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/1/...er-we-talked-a

I so f'ing called it on December 19th.

Anyways, I'm excited for some Roddy B!!
1. So I wasn't that far off when I said Roddy injury probably occurred during the summer league.

2. Roddy was out of the boot at 6 weeks. Less than 2 weeks after the boot was removed Roddy was running and cutting at 75%. Roddy was back in his boot days before the 2 month mark, yet the team Doctor initially told him that he should take 2-3 months off. It sound like his initial break wasn't 100% heal and it gave way from too much too soon.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #928
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

When roddy comes back, maybe DJ goes to d league?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #929
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

BG you're throwing out some very positive Roddy tweets.... making me probably too excited.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #930
Alykhan04

Alykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to allAlykhan04 is a name known to all

From Fish's Donuts today:

DONUT 8: I had the following 1-on-1 exchange with Roddy B last night.

Me: Can you run?

Roddy B: "Yes, I can run.''
Me: Can you jump?

Roddy B: "Yes, I can jump.''

Me: Can you cut?

Roddy B: "Yes, I can cut.''

Me: Maybe next week?

Roddy B: "Yes, maybe next week.''

Hey, folks, I know it's not "Frost/Nixon.'' But it's the best I've got.
Alykhan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #931
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

BGs tweets - Fishes Donuts are all making my sports pants tingle! Can't wait for this kid to be back.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #932
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

He is going to see the doctor for his usual checkup early next week.

A green-light from the doctor might be like releasing the hounds. He's doing the preliminary contact stuff and then still needs the major stuff. Roddy was doing some pick and pop/pick and roll drills today. He received very mild contact as he went to the rim, just mainly to make sure he's focused and finishes the play.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #933
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

I'm excited.

!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #934
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban was just on PTI, he mentioned Roddy and the possible return date, "hopefully within the next couple of weeks."

Mentioned Peja could be playing within a week or so...
tweets up @Ballinwithbryan
Old 01-28-2011, 10:59 PM   #935
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Every time I think we're a week away, it always seems to turn into a "couple" of weeks.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:32 AM   #936
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I think Stojacovich will be in uniform on Wednesday, just an educated guess
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #937
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...to-untradeable

Quote:

Roddy Beaubois is close to untradeable.

DALLAS -- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has a message for the Charlotte Bobcats or any other team with designs on prying Roddy Beaubois from Dallas in a deadline trade: The kid isn't available.

"With a few exceptions," Cuban said prior to Saturday night's game against the Atlanta Hawks.

Without naming names (insert Carmelo Anthony here), Cuban made it clear it would take a superstar-type player in return for Cuban to relinquish the one young, up-and-comer on the Mavs' roster (no offense to first-round pick Dominique Jones, but he's not in that category yet).

Cuban reiterated his stance from about this time a year ago with the trade deadline just under a month away.

The Mavs have several trade assets in the form of expiring contracts starting with Caron Butler, who will rehab his surgurically repaired knee for the remainder of the final year on his $10.8 million contract. DeShawn Stevenson ($4.15 million), J.J. Barea ($1.8 million) and Brian Cardinal ($854,389) are also on expiring deals and can be used in a trade to make the money work.

Tyson Chandler is the final year of a contract that pays him $12.6 million. But, dealing Chandler is the last thing on the Mavs' mind. They'll desperately want to re-sign him this summer.

The Mavs have at least had internal discussions regarding several players such as Charlotte's Stephen Jackson, Detroit's Tayshuan Prince and Milwaukee's Cory Maggettee, among others.

But, if those clubs have Beaubois at the top of their wish, Cuban says he will tell them to try again.

As for the chances the Mavs make a move before the deadline, Cuban said, "that's up to other teams."

As for the type of player becoming available that might make Cuban think about trading Beaubois?

"Basically, there's a month to go all over the map," Cuban said. "You can fall in and out of love with multiple players in a month."

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #938
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
BGs tweets - Fishes Donuts are all making my sports pants tingle! Can't wait for this kid to be back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz5ThAHuk2w

His movement looks pretty good to me

btw:

Is "dallasmavs2006" some kind of Mavericks insider channel? Those videos are all freaking awsome.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 01-30-2011 at 10:41 AM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #939
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder who touches the court first - Roddy or Peja?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-30-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typo
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #940
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I wonder who touches the court first - Roddy or Peja?
I would put my money on Peja. I don't think Roddy will be that far behind though.

I'm a little surprised that Peja isn't playing on the road trip, all indications seemed like that would be the case.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #941
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post

btw:

Is "dallasmavs2006" some kind of Mavericks insider channel? Those videos are all freaking awsome.

Quoted for truth.

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #942
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I would put my money on Peja. I don't think Roddy will be that far behind though.

I'm a little surprised that Peja isn't playing on the road trip, all indications seemed like that would be the case.
And it would make the decision to let Sasha go make a whole lot more sense.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #943
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It's actually the Mavs official channel. 2006 being the year the account was made.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 01-30-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #944
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post

btw:

Yes they do, but I'll be the first to tell you that taking precautions to be sure he's fully healthy is the way to go. I sprained my knee two weeks ago, rushed back, and then resprained it two days later. Now I'm probably done for the season. I've learned my lesson, and I'm sure the Mavericks have too after Roddy had his own reinjury.

Last edited by tcat075; 01-30-2011 at 10:16 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 PM   #945
BGMaverick9
Guru

just tweeted that Roddy will NOT travel with the team on the road trip. Over the course of the season he has usually traveled with the team. Carlisle mentioned that he continues to improve daily and that an increased workload could come soon.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:37 PM   #946
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
just tweeted that Roddy will NOT travel with the team on the road trip. Over the course of the season he has usually traveled with the team. Carlisle mentioned that he continues to improve daily and that an increased workload could come soon.
this is probably the last test before he gets his uniform. Run him through a mini training camp. See if he passes the test and get him back into the active roster.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:43 PM   #947
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
this is probably the last test before he gets his uniform. Run him through a mini training camp. See if he passes the test and get him back into the active roster.
If it's over the weekend, it would correlate with a Legends homestand...so he could get time there.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:16 PM   #948
BGMaverick9
Guru

Here was the quote from Carlisle:

"He's progressing, for sure. The hope is when we get back from the trip that he'll be in a position maybe to get into some heightened activity. We'll have to see what's what when we get to that point."
Old 01-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #949
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here was the quote from Carlisle:

"He's progressing, for sure. The hope is when we get back from the trip that he'll be in a position maybe to get into some heightened activity. We'll have to see what's what when we get to that point."
For sure, for sure!
Old 01-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #950
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
For sure, for sure!
He did NOT do it in his Roddy voice...unfortunately haha.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #951
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty sure you predicted he'd be back by the Cleveland game that follows this road trip, so hopefully you're still right about that one...

Old 01-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #952
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Pretty sure you predicted he'd be back by the Cleveland game that follows this road trip, so hopefully you're still right about that one...
Right, key word: predicted
No inside info there, just a hunch. I mean it'd still work (the chain of events actually works now), Saturday and Sunday games IN Frisco are an option. He can work out and practice in Dallas Weds, Thurs and Friday. He can get that all going and then try against a VERY soft team, the Cavs are essentially a D-league team at this rate.

You get a day off and then travel on the road again. After that week it's very light...it's got to happen soon.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #953
Underdog

Quote:
Right, key word: predicted
No inside info there, just a hunch. I mean it'd still work (the chain of events actually works now), Saturday and Sunday games IN Frisco are an option. He can work out and practice in Dallas Weds, Thurs and Friday. He can get that all going and then try against a VERY soft team, the Cavs are essentially a D-league team at this rate.

You get a day off and then travel on the road again. After that week it's very light...it's got to happen soon.
Yeah, that's why I think your hunch could turn out to be correct - seems like all the conditions are perfect to come back during that game (assuming he's healthy and all...)

Last edited by Underdog; 01-31-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #954
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I think your hunch could turn out to be right - seems like all the conditions are perfect to come back during that game (assuming he's healthy and all...)
Like anyone could even know that..

Old 01-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #955
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I think your hunch could turn out to be correct - seems like all the conditions are perfect to come back during that game (assuming he's healthy and all...)
I was in the minority amongst people that he'd actually go to Frisco at this stage of the game. Most people thought the energy of just seeing the kid back on the floor would boost the morale even more, that would definitely be true.

I just wanted to see if something worked out with the Legends having a home-stand to where it would work no matter if the Mavs were on the road or not. Now that they're actually taking him off of the road...it'd work.

I know if it happens, I'll be there.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:35 PM   #956
JHT

JHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to allJHT is a name known to all

What in the world does "heightened activity" mean? Really wish Carlisle would just be honest about things and quit with the stonewalling and doublespeak.
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #957
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
What in the world does "heightened activity" mean? Really wish Carlisle would just be honest about things and quit with the stonewalling and doublespeak.
Training camp double days.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #958
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

If we could somehow find out ahead of time if Roddy will be playing some Legends games... I will definitely try to make it up there to see them. All of us that can should.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #959
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
If we could somehow find out ahead of time if Roddy will be playing some Legends games... I will definitely try to make it up there to see them. All of us that can should.
good idea

Old 02-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #960
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
good idea
If it happens...I just had a spitballing idea that could work out. No signs have been made to indicate that it would actually happen.

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid