Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-26-2005, 11:43 PM   #921
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE: Lost

wow- what a great episode. and wow- what great commentary on the episode! i wish there had been this much feedback on all the episodes...the pace of this one was even slower than usual (which is really saying something...) but I really loved it and was biting my nails the whole way through.

Some thoughts:

-The"others" were a rough looking lot. Except I think we will find out that the blonde chick is pretty hot. I see her and Sawyer hooking up in the not too distant future.

-Of course Charlie took the heroin. Another, subplot to add to the drama...

-I want to know what the monster is: An underground machine? If so, who built it? And why?

-WHy did the island demand a sacrifice in the form of Boone? The theistic nature of the island is a little odd.

-We still don't know where the polar bears came from...

-It makes sense that they wanted Walt. He is the "special" one out of the group. I wonder how they know this about him.

-If the others have gas and a good boat- why don't they leave island?

-Why don't those scruffy looking others try to hook up with the french chick? I know she is crazy (and proabbly real hairy)...but, dude, you're on a deserted island- lower your standards...you killed all of her friends- there is nothing standing in your way...

-Also, on a serious note...I used to live in Abilene...my friends and I were always bored -so we would go climb around these old missile silos. That is EXACTLY what that ladder down the hatch reminded me of. if you've ever seen an underground missile silo - you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Just some thoughts...
Old 05-26-2005, 11:51 PM   #922
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE:Lost

missile silo

Being 18 and climbing around 10 stories underground in an abandoned missile silo...Whew- those were some good times.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:07 AM   #923
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i just think the writers want you to THINK he took the heroin, but it never shows it. it just shows the virgin mary statuette. perhaps he is just returning to religion?

and did the island demand a sacrifice, or is all that crap simply in locke's delusional mind?

forgot to mention it, but i LOVED the scene where locke talks about playing operation.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #924
XERXES
Diamond Member

That operation scene was pretty cool.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:21 AM   #925
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"I always got stuck on the funny bone"....I agree, Classic.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:24 AM   #926
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
missile silo

Being 18 and climbing around 10 stories underground in an abandoned missile silo...Whew- those were some good times.
dang sexy, that one pic really does look like the hatch. Good call there. Though for I very seriously doubt that is what it will turn out to be....because missile silo means that people used to know about this island....and I get the feeling they have not.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #927
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

thought this was neat:

Old 05-27-2005, 11:16 AM   #928
XERXES
Diamond Member

That's awesome...
Old 05-27-2005, 01:06 PM   #929
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

This just in: Hurley payed 16 hundred for his scooter from that old handi capped guy. I don't believe this is significant, but it's another one of his numbers.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:41 PM   #930
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

23! All the other girls are facing away from us. Why is that? 23 seems to be significant in this scene. Also, when Hurley and Kate were talking the number 23 came to the forefront. I'm now convinced that 23 has some sort of significance aside from the huge number.

Michael Jordan will be the mastermind behind The Others. Bank it.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:12 PM   #931
XERXES
Diamond Member

Nice basketball tie-in...
Old 05-27-2005, 04:02 PM   #932
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i think this was posted before (didn't want to wade through page after page). I saw it some time ago, but it actually begins to make sense now, since we've seen a glimpse of the "monster"

the .gif file checks out, as one person pulled it right from his episodes he burned to dvd. now, he could be lying. who knows. they'll replay the pilot, and i'll be watching for it.

rumors on another board I post on is that of nanotechnology, like in crichton's book "Prey". clouds of very small machines, acting as one.

in that book, they even formed together to take on other forms, even human shape.

in interviews with Terry O'Quinn, he asked the directors what he is looking at (regarding the moster), in his first meeting way back when. They told him to imagine the "most beautiful thing you've ever seen". So if it is nanotechnology, we could assume that they formed the shape of something that locke considered beautiful. could that be how jack saw his dad as well?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:51 PM   #933
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I have the first episode on DVD... and it indeed has that sequence BBL. CGI mistake my behind. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

You said we "saw" the monster, but did we? I saw pictures on another site of the cloud of "smoke" when the dynamite was thrown down the hatch. In still photos you can see what looks like human faces in the clouds. I haven't paused it yet to see if that is true or not.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:00 PM   #934
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

huh... the part where the group was walking back with the dynamite and you hear this clicking noise, jack and kate look in the direction of the noise and the camera cuts to a scene of the woods, and it appears that a puff of smoke flies by. Then jack looks at kate and she says "Yeah..... I saw it".

Huh. Is that the monster we saw that you are claiming BBL?

This is getting better by the minute. I can't wait until September.... this sucks.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:03 PM   #935
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i'm going to watch the finale again tonight. i swear there was a quick cut to a black cloud looking thing when locke was running away (before it grabbed him).

here's the smoke after the dynamite was thrown through the hole.

Old 05-27-2005, 05:04 PM   #936
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

u2, that is exactly what i'm thinking of. that's when it happened.

can't find a screen cap online...
Old 05-27-2005, 07:21 PM   #937
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
u2, that is exactly what i'm thinking of. that's when it happened.

can't find a screen cap online...
I need to download the final episode anyway, so I'll post a few screen caps of the mysterious smoke cloud once the thing is done a little later. I'll also go back to my copy of episode one, and see if I can find and screenshot that shadow that's flying over the exploding engine in the .gif you just posted (just to see if it's not BS)...
Old 05-27-2005, 11:10 PM   #938
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

just watched this again on tivo. does it sound like the huge bird sqawks "Hurkey"?

anyway, saw the smoke cloud that Kate and Jack see.

Locke is being dragged by something black (the cloud again?). the smoke cloud that appears after the dynamite is thrown down the hole (as I posted above) is VERY weird. It is there for a second, then gathers, and flies off AWAY from the camera. I believe you are made to think it's just smoke from the dynamite, but it is in actuality the same cloud that is seen before.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:04 AM   #939
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

gotta say that smoke is beautiful
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:04 AM   #940
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Here's the cloud reforming and flying away:

Old 05-28-2005, 01:07 PM   #941
sike
The Preacha

me confused bout smoke...

I have no clue what the monster is...except that it can't be a biological animal...

Old 05-28-2005, 01:25 PM   #942
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Hey in that book "prey," the nano-bots could influence the thoughts of a person. This could explain why the "other's" are doing what they are doing. The nano theory is the best theory to date. genius!
Old 05-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #943
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Go here and on the numbers below the seating chart click the numbers in order from lowest to highest.... 4 - 8- 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

You get a "preview" for next season. Then the page that comes up after the "preview" is pretty creepy.

edit: And check this out. Mapinguari?
Old 05-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #944
sike
The Preacha

in reference to the "others"...did not someone point out earlier that Ethan Rom can spell "Other Man"?

Old 05-28-2005, 08:51 PM   #945
XERXES
Diamond Member

I think EL may have noted that
Old 05-28-2005, 10:50 PM   #946
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, weird site, U2. if you click around on certain pages, you'll find hidden messages, ones that survivors wrote and put in the bottle.

For the seating chart, the passengers we know (Jake, Kate, etc.) have their seats light up. When you click on one, something will come up. like a map or picture or something like that.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:20 AM   #947
sike
The Preacha

the site is interesting

Old 05-29-2005, 07:14 AM   #948
XERXES
Diamond Member

I went back and watched the season finale again last night. I wanted to pay specific attention to the monster and to the others. Let me go on record and tell you that the monster is (at least in one of its incarnations) this black ghost-like vapor. Jack and Kate don't see a bird rustle- that's the black vapor...when the dynamite goes off- that is NOT smoke- that is again the black vapor.

In regards to the others, i couldn't find out much more- other than the fact that their leader is one burley looking dude.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:27 AM   #949
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
I went back and watched the season finale again last night. I wanted to pay specific attention to the monster and to the others. Let me go on record and tell you that the monster is (at least in one of its incarnations) this black ghost-like vapor. Jack and Kate don't see a bird rustle- that's the black vapor...when the dynamite goes off- that is NOT smoke- that is again the black vapor.

In regards to the others, i couldn't find out much more- other than the fact that their leader is one burley looking dude.
Welcome to the conversation we have been having for the past couple of days already. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2005, 08:35 AM   #950
sike
The Preacha

I still don't like to think of those pirates as the "others"...they don't seem able of anything supernatural...and the "others" have always seemed to have knowledge and ability that could only be explained as supernatural.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #951
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

if they're not the others, it's a huge coincidence that they wanted "the boy" just as danielle heard them whisper that they wanted "the boy".

if those people are not the others, then they are more than likely manipulated by the others.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #952
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:

Welcome to the conversation we have been having for the past couple of days already. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I'm a little slow this week...sorry...
Old 05-29-2005, 05:18 PM   #953
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
if those people are not the others, then they are more than likely manipulated by the others.
I greatly prefer this idea.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:51 AM   #954
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
i think this was posted before (didn't want to wade through page after page). I saw it some time ago, but it actually begins to make sense now, since we've seen a glimpse of the "monster"

the .gif file checks out, as one person pulled it right from his episodes he burned to dvd. now, he could be lying. who knows. they'll replay the pilot, and i'll be watching for it.

I went through that sequence frame-by-frame (I took the above screenshot from my copy of episode I, and not from the .gif BBL posted), and I found that the destructive smoke clowd definitely exists. That's a pretty sharp move by the Lost writers...
Old 05-31-2005, 02:26 PM   #955
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

the more I think about it, and the more I look at all the pics of the black smoke, the more Im convinced that the producers actually did a lot more than just open questions for next season. Between the guys on the boat and the security system, I think we now have a much better understanding of the island than we did before this last episode.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:22 PM   #956
XERXES
Diamond Member

I read an interview with Hurley in a magazine (on an airplane earlier this week) he said another castmember will die next season...do we want to start taking bets now?
Old 06-18-2005, 06:54 PM   #957
sike
The Preacha

I bet we do want to take bets

Old 06-19-2005, 01:08 PM   #958
XERXES
Diamond Member

Print it up: I say JIN!
Old 06-20-2005, 09:51 AM   #959
sike
The Preacha

sexy just wants Mike and Sun to "hook up" island style....you dirty old man!

Old 06-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #960
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, after I had a friend demend that I watch the reruns of lost, my wife and I watched the first three episodes on tv, and I was completely hooked. I couldn't stand the waiting, so I downloaded the entire season and we just finished watchign it in about a week's time, stpping in between episodes to read your guys' comments on them.

All I can saw is wow, what a lot to take in!!

I don't really have a whole lot to add to what's been said right now. I think I'm going to go back and re-watch a lot of them. You see lots of things when you rewatch them.

I think next season will explain why someone replised back to Boone on the radio that "WE are the survivors of Flight 815" I think that's where the story is headed. They will discover other survivors in some way, probably including that ladies' husband.

Also, I don't think those guys were the "others" either. Perhaps human representations of them, or they just work for them, but they can't be the others. At least I don't think so.

Oh, and if Michael, Jin and Sawyer just miraculously wash ashore after being 15 miles out, I lose a lot of respect for the show. They better die, or they better have a better explanation for how they made it back.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote