Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #921
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

too bad the season is almost over
Old 05-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #922
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

It was a good.

I thought Libby was going to make it for a little bit there... but I thought Michael would figure out a way to off her before she could talk.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #923
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

obey
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #924
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...umID=700000049

Lost Producers Reveal Why Libby Died

It's confession time again: I've known for weeks that Lost was going to send Libby (Cynthia Watros) off to the big island in the sky at the end of last night's episode, and, just like with Ana Lucia, I kept my big, spoiler-obsessed trap closed. And once again, my restraint has yielded a pretty nifty reward — an exclusive postmortem courtesy of exec producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse!

Ausiello: Why did you kill off Libby?

Carlton Cuse: We felt like we had run out of story for her. It happens. While we did develop the romance with her and Hurley, we didn't see enough in the way of avenues for where to go with that character. And we were starting to think about what sort of stories we were going to be telling for the characters in Season 3, and we just didn't have enough for Libby that we were excited about. That was on one side. On the other side, we thought, well, shooting Ana Lucia is going to be dramatic, but what will really make it incredible for the audience is that it'll be completely surprising if we shoot Libby, too. And it would be enhanced by the fact that Ana Lucia is not a particularly sympathetic character. But if we added Michael shooting Libby also, who is a very sympathetic character, that would really ratchet up the emotional stakes of the rest of the season.

Damon Lindelof: And all of this was obviously, first and foremost, the idea that Libby's got this mysterious backstory, of which we've only given you the tip of the iceberg. We know she's spent some time in the mental institution with Hurley, and the idea of killing her before she had an opportunity to explain how she got there, and letting the audience... we have a master plan for how we're going to tell that story, but it's all posthumous. You'll start to learn Libby's moves through flashbacks over the course of the next season. So we're not done with Cynthia, but Libby is dead.

Ausiello: So we'll see Cynthia next season?

Damon: You'll see her in the [May 24] finale, in fact.

Ausiello: But will we see her next season?

Damon: That's our plan.

Ausiello: Were you pissed off that news of her CBS pilot leaked? It seemed like a repeat of what went on last summer when the trades speculated that Maggie Grace might do X-Men 3, and then she was killed off a couple of months later.

Carlton: We were trying to be helpful to Cynthia as an actress, because she is a wonderful person and we wanted her to have a chance at a job on another show. And an unfortunate side effect of that was that people [interpreted that as], "Well, obviously that means something is up about her time on Lost." It's unfortunate, but I guess at the end of the day, hopefully it didn't get too spoiled in the press, and, more importantly, we gave the actress a fighting chance to get a role on a show for next year. It was important to us that, if we were going to kill her off, we also try to support her, just as her friends and [out of respect] for her desire to get another job.

Damon: It's the price you pay as a producer 'cause you have a choice, and the choice is, essentially, you can force an actor to sit out an entire season...

Carlton: ... by exercising our exclusivity.

Damon: Yeah, by saying, "You're not allowed to go out for other stuff until we formally tell you that we're not picking you up," or you can be a human being about it. And although we anticipated the possibility of this getting out, it seemed like a no-brainer. At the end of the day, a story running in The Hollywood Reporter is one thing, but once they start talking about it on Entertainment Tonight and in TV Guide, which have much [broader audiences], then it's officially spoiled. Like, if my mom calls me and says, "I heard Cynthia is leaving the show," then I know that it's been spoiled. You have a readership that reads Ask Ausiello on the Web that is vastly different — those are people who are seeking spoilers. As opposed to someone who picks up USA Today and reads, "Cynthia Watros got a CBS pilot! What does that mean for Lost?" Then it's like, now suddenly 10 million people know.

Ausiello: How did Cynthia take the news?

Carlton: She was sad. I think it's really hard. When we make those calls they're incredibly hard calls to make. I think, obviously, people like working on the show. It's not a bad job to be living in Hawaii and working on a successful television series. Truthfully, she did take it kind of hard, which motivated us to help her get another job.

Damon: And also, it happened at a time when we were really writing to her. She was stepping up her game. We had just put the script out for "Dave," in which she was heavily featured and that relationship with Hurley was starting to develop, and in response to the awesome work she was doing, that sort of made us feel even more emboldened to go ahead and execute the double murder because we thought her death would really resonate with the audience.

Last edited by MFFL; 05-10-2006 at 10:56 PM.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:21 AM   #925
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

as usual...when the producers speak...we gain little to no insight on the show....

what a very interesting episode tonight. So how CAN Eko's brother contact all these people from beyond the grave????

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #926
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
as usual...when the producers speak...we gain little to no insight on the show....

what a very interesting episode tonight. So how CAN Eko's brother contact all these people from beyond the grave????
Dude, it's the island.

But yeah, great episode last night. I think it explained alot. I hope everyone got that one thing, the girl that Echo was going to interview, her dad was the psychic that talked to whats her name, the pregnant woman who had the baby. Everything is intertwined. I love it.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #927
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

I was messing around on the internet and found that they have a few sections dedicated on Wikipedia to the Hanso Foundation where they give an overview of the company and also the members of the board. Pretty infomative. And also they have a section on the Dharma Intiative where they explain alot about all of the hatches out there. They had this one little trivia piece I thought was really interesting that I am not sure every one knows about. here is the trivia.

Marvin Candle's (the chinese dude in the films) left arm does not move throughout the orientation film (the first orientation film we saw a few episodes back). In the show's official podcast, creator/executive producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Carlton Cuse confirmed that Candle's hand is a prosthetic. In the episode "?," Dr. Candle appears as "Dr. Mark Wickmund" in a second Orientation film, this time with both hands intact. This may suggest the "original" Orientation film was actually produced after the one appearing in "?".
Old 05-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #928
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

other sites

www.oceanicairlines.com
http://thedharmainitiative.org

interesting stuff.

I also hear Desmond is to make a return either this week or next in the finale.

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 05-11-2006 at 10:42 AM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #929
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

here is a little more of the Tirvia I found. pretty cool stuff.

Claire's psychic from Raised by Another is the father of the girl Eko visited.
The man who is "Dr. Marvin Candle" in the Swan's orientation movie reveals himself to be "Dr. Mark Wickman" in the Pearl's orientation movie
Dr. Marvin aka. Mark's arm is no longer a prosthetic arm.
When the medical examiner plays the tape for Mr. Eko, there is a zoom in on the tape, along with the words, "Tape Direction
--> (right)" and the tape is spinning to the left...

and also if you go to Wikipedia and read the Lost season 2 episode breakdown, they have trivia under pretty much all of the episodes and it tells how everything is correlated. Such as how Kates dad was the Army guy who did the interrogation with Sayid in a previous episode, and when Kate goes to see her father at the recruiters office, on the TV in background, Sayid is on CNN. Pretty cool.

Last edited by sixeightmkw; 05-11-2006 at 10:59 AM.
sixeightmkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #930
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
I was messing around on the internet and found that they have a few sections dedicated on Wikipedia to the Hanso Foundation where they give an overview of the company and also the members of the board. Pretty infomative. And also they have a section on the Dharma Intiative where they explain alot about all of the hatches out there. They had this one little trivia piece I thought was really interesting that I am not sure every one knows about. here is the trivia.

Marvin Candle's (the chinese dude in the films) left arm does not move throughout the orientation film (the first orientation film we saw a few episodes back). In the show's official podcast, creator/executive producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Carlton Cuse confirmed that Candle's hand is a prosthetic. In the episode "?," Dr. Candle appears as "Dr. Mark Wickmund" in a second Orientation film, this time with both hands intact. This may suggest the "original" Orientation film was actually produced after the one appearing in "?".
If I remember right, the one that was shown last night in the new hatch was produced in 1980 where the one that Locke played on the projector was produced in 1989. That would explain the "incident" that Mr. Candle speaks of in the latter film dealing with his arm. Sort of strange that the older one is on VHS and the newer one is on a projector roll.

Anyone else think that they fed us a LOT of information in this past episode, (trust me, I am NOT complaining)... It took QUITE A FEW episodes from the time Locke and Boone found the original hatch to when they had it opened and explored it vs. this episode having them search for the new hatch, find it, open it, explore it, and come back all in one episode. That was just one plot in the show, as other developments took place also.

Also, I bet Mary is one happy woman!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:26 PM   #931
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

ok, this is crazy. I hadn't heard of this until just now. There is a alternate reality game going on. This is in conjunction with the thehansofoundation.org website. If you go to www.thelostexperience.com you can catch up with the game. There are all of these clues and different codes to crack on the hanso website. My computer at work sucks so I will have to wait till I get home to actually do alot of the stuff but it is really cool if you are a die hard Lost fan.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #932
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
I hope everyone got that one thing, the girl that Echo was going to interview, her dad was the psychic that talked to whats her name, the pregnant woman who had the baby. Everything is intertwined. I love it.
I caught it. But what confused me was the fact that he INSISTED that Claire take the flight to LA. But with Eko he INSISTED that he was a fake - that he used inside information to make himself look like a pyschic.

So why would a fake pyschic want Claire and her baby on the island? Who was really behind the scenes?
Old 05-13-2006, 02:16 PM   #933
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i think the fake psychic was getting paid on the side from the couple in LA that wanted claire's baby. thus he insisted that she go. he probably got some kind of cut.

but of course, we could find out something totally different. there could be no couple. who knows.

As for eko's brother, and the response that the island is what's doing everything, the australian girl who "came back to life" and saw yemi was not on the island.

i thought they were setting up the plot with the observation station so that locke and eko would see michael attempting to smother libby or something (assuming everyone else had left the hatch, but that probably wouldn't have happened). or maybe even see a recording of michael shooting AL and libby.

it'll be interesting to see where everything goes with this. And yeah, i agree it was weird that it took like 8 episodes or more to get into the first hatch, then 5 minutes to get into this one.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-13-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:14 AM   #934
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so, no one watched it yet???

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-18-2006, 11:03 AM   #935
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I did. Man, that was some crazy stuff. I understand what Michael did now, and i figured something like that was what caused it. I don't think the Others have ANY intention on giving up Walt. Either that, or the "tests" were to see if he met what they needed in terms of "specialness"? That's purely speculation. I am wondering if the "special" child they need is actually Aaron and not Walt.

That embrace of father and son really hit home. I can't imagine being to a point where you would kill someone else to get your child back. It's "understandable".... because that is just heart wrenching really to think about (Michael's situation).

Everything worked out for Michael in the end (getting Hurley to commit to going), but I hope the Sayid thing is not going to F it all up.

What do they want with Hugo, Jack, Sawyer (of all people), and Kate? We know Sawyer isn't "good"... unless his "bad"ness is due to the circumstances in his life (what happened to him) and the Others are looking past that.

That was another really good scene with Jack and Sawyer. Where Sawyer told Jack he was the closest thing he had to a friend.

This show is just really good.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #936
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I didn't understand it all. Why wouldn't he just tell Kate, Jack, Hurley and Sawyer what happened? Wouldn't there be a good chance they would follow him back to the camp without being tricked? Killing them seems really unecessary to me. And if he was going to go that route, why not just knock Ana Lucia in the head ala Locke/Jack in Season 1?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:54 PM   #937
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Well, I didn't understand it all. Why wouldn't he just tell Kate, Jack, Hurley and Sawyer what happened? Wouldn't there be a good chance they would follow him back to the camp without being tricked? Killing them seems really unecessary to me. And if he was going to go that route, why not just knock Ana Lucia in the head ala Locke/Jack in Season 1?
Yeah, but what if they didn't buy into it? If they were on a revenge mission it's more likely they would follow.

And on the Ana Lucia thing, so she wakes up before they leave and the gig is up.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #938
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
If I am fighting with the hero atop a moving platform, have disarmed him, and am about to finish him off and he glances behind me and drops flat, I too will drop flat instead of quizzically turning around to find out what he saw.
haha
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #939
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Sawyer (of all people)
And HOW did they know Sawyer's real name?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #940
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

maybe they have a copy of the flight manifest as well. they knew the names of the tailies.

good episode. nice to see Alex and pretty much confirm it's rousseau's daughter. nice scene with jack and sawyer.

so who's in the boat? desmond?
Old 05-19-2006, 03:10 AM   #941
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Good episode. I was shocked they let us finally see how the Others and how many there actually are. Maybe its just me but where's the explanation on killing Ana Lucia? I sort of assumed that the Others told Michael to kill all of the people who have killed the other's which is why I thought Ana Lucia and Eko would be gone.

I also have a hard time thinking they will just give up Walt just like that. Unless like U2 said, they took the tests and Walt didn't meant the requirements. But i've noticed no one is talking about what Walt had to say. About they're not who they say they are. I'm sure htat ties in with Zeke having on a glued beard.

Props to Sayid for smelling something fishy.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:14 AM   #942
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Props to Sayid for smelling something fishy
That was a great moment in the show. That stare down looked like he was piercing into Michael's soul. And then he just shook his hand. Excellent.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #943
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i was expecting something about them wanting to kill AL as well. but i guess michael realized that was what he had to do to free henry.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:47 PM   #944
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

anyone else chosing to watch lost instead of the mavs? (granted, I don't have tivo where as most of you prolly do). so far, I don't regret it at all. This is the best episode of the season. and that's saying a lot.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #945
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

at the halftime I am, even though I stopped watching halfway through season 1. Im getting things out of order but it looks good
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:19 PM   #946
sike
The Preacha

and?

Old 05-24-2006, 11:46 PM   #947
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

apparently your mom is a scientologist

BTW, there was an add for http://www.hansocareers.com/2.asp on there. Show related, but after missing so many episodes, I have no clue what is happening

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-24-2006 at 11:54 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 AM   #948
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

What a great episode. Just got finished watching it (I turned it on when Daniels threw the ball out of bounds with .4 seconds left).

So, man.... the button IS real. So many damn new questions. Too tired now to talk about it, but what a freaking wierd show.

I hope that when the endgame is played out on this show it's alot better than Alias's ending.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:50 AM   #949
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't even begin to list the questions. We have a long time to hash through them, but I'm tired right now.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:34 AM   #950
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

ok ok ok here I am (you can all exhale).

I watched the mavs game live and tivo'd the season finale of lost- so I started it after the game. lost was incredible. i think season 3 will center around pen's search for desmond, the rescuing of jack, sawyer, and kate...by michael nonetheless (which will atone for his sins) and a growing haterd between lock and eko - who i believe both survived.

(please prepare yourselves for the nerdiest thing i've ever written at d-m...all the coolness i've worked so hard for is about to fly out the window and is likely to never return again...)

the end of the scene with michael, jack, sawyer, and kate...where they all exchanged ever-so-slight knowing nods (before the sacks were placed over their heads) reminded me of the scene in Return of the Jedi where our Star Wars heroes exchange the same look s before they defy death when Jabba the Hutt is trying to execute Luke et al.

Am I the only one that thought that? Is was like they copied that scene.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #951
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

So, if Eko and Locke survived, Desmond probably survived too, right? Seems like if it was an explosion they'd all be gone, and probably Charlie as well.

An explosion big enough to throw that hatch door that far would have been heard. So I dont' think it was an explosion. It must have been some sort of magnetic reversal, that made the electromagnet repel everything. In that case I think Desmond is probably alive as well.

I'm torn on Michael. I honestly think we may have simply seen the last of him and Walt. Maybe he feels guilty and goes back, but jeez, he's gone this far, is he really going to pass up the chance to wash his hands of all of this?

And why was Charlie acting so freaking weird. He asked if Locke and Echo were back yet. Is he assuming they're dead, and HAPPY about it? That just seemed weird to me.

And are we to assume that Pen's dad somehow forced Desmond onto that island? Was he one of the guys mentioned as a partner in the Hanso foundation? I think I need to go back and watch the orientation episode.

So much stuff....

Edit to add:

Also, why would they have Desmond still be so worried about giving himself that vaccine if he went outside on his own, and saw that his partner was just faking him with the Hazmat Uniform? I mean Desmond went so far as to grab a bunch of them before he ran off.

I think they may have messed up there.....Unless there's still something left unexplained.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-25-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:20 PM   #952
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES

the end of the scene with michael, jack, sawyer, and kate...where they all exchanged ever-so-slight knowing nods (before the sacks were placed over their heads) reminded me of the scene in Return of the Jedi where our Star Wars heroes exchange the same look s before they defy death when Jabba the Hutt is trying to execute Luke et al.

Am I the only one that thought that? Is was like they copied that scene.
#1. you nerd.

#2. I'm right there with ya.

#3. I'm not a nerd.

#4. You still are.

#5. Dang, this episode took me by total surprise...I loved it how Gale was actually the boss of the others. It just makes me wonder if he is the BIG BOSS, or just maybe the boss of the island. I also liked the fact that if you remember back when Gale was telling Locke (i think) about the boss of the others he said that he was not a forgiving man...was he speaking about himself? I love that guy who plays Gale, he is a wonderful actor. I'm not sure if I'm really all that hot for the direction season 3 may be taking us. Heck, I still wanna know what the "monster" really is!!!! as long as the show is about Jack, Kate, and Sawyer, I'll be happy.

and I totally agree with sexy thought about Michael (though I don't really like Mike) coming back to save the day...great idea.

"We're the good guys." what the freakin heck are they up to on this island?

as always, they raise more questions than they answer...and each answer feels like a half truth...but man I love this show.

Old 05-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #953
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

What's up with the 4-toed broken huge statue?

And so they knew Michael was coming and that was all a ruse.....????

I thought Hurley was going to go postal on Michael....

I think FakeHenry's "HIM" is Mr. Widmore.

I also wonder if whatever the button was being pressed for, the device behind the wall... somehow messes up navigational equipment so that's why you can't leave... because you always get redirected to the Island with your navigational equipment.

If so, next season should be pretty interesting.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:20 PM   #954
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Crazy episode. Just caught it right now. I'm speechless. Damn good 2 hours of television. And I did sort of get the vibe that Michael plans on rescuing Jack, Sawyer and Kate. Sort of seemed like they had a plan and wasn't sure if Michael would still abide by it. BTW, what happened to Sayid? It seems they showed him exploring where the Others reside at and they never showed him again unless I missed it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 03:22 PM   #955
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Crazy episode. Just caught it right now. I'm speechless. Damn good 2 hours of television. And I did sort of get the vibe that Michael plans on rescuing Jack, Sawyer and Kate. Sort of seemed like they had a plan and wasn't sure if Michael would still abide by it. BTW, what happened to Sayid? It seems they showed him exploring where the Others reside at and they never showed him again unless I missed it.
He went to where Michael said the Others were... but remember that was a setup location not their actual location.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:23 PM   #956
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
He was back in the boat with Jin and Sun when that crazy noise happened because of Desmond turning the key.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-25-2006, 05:40 PM   #957
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
He was back in the boat with Jin and Sun when that crazy noise happened because of Desmond turning the key.
^^^^What he said....
Old 05-26-2006, 10:49 AM   #958
sike
The Preacha

"we're the good guys"

that can be a pretty subjective satement....but I wonder in what way are they "good" and other people "bad"?

Old 05-28-2006, 08:28 AM   #959
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

great episode. i definitely think michael will be back, with walt. should be another sweet season with season 3.

the "tube graveyard" was pretty cool. so the experiement was always on the guys in the pearl station. interesting.

no one mentioned it yet, maybe because it was too obvious, but kelvin was the US Army guy that tought Sayid how to torture.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #960
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

oh, and xerxes... to continue your star wars reference. will michael be lando? betrays his friends, then redeems himeself in the end?