Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-18-2006, 11:43 PM   #921
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

ESPN.COM headline: "Heat Treat."

ESPN!!! I hope Stu Scott's eye pops out tonight.

Avery has been spanked by Riley the past 3 games.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-18-2006 at 11:51 PM.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2006, 11:44 PM   #922
MavsGirl4142

MavsGirl4142 will become famous soon enough

I'm disgusted. God, I just wanna climb under a rock. Well the hopes of winning the NBA finals was fun for awhile.

Hopefully, they can protect their home court.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #923
mattyd
Banned

Listening to Ben and Skin right now...apparently the Heat had almost twice as many foul shots. Disgusting.

Oh..and in the 3rd Quarter: 18 FTs for Heat, 0 for the Mavs.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #924
g30hd3

g30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the rough

Another painful loss.. Game 6 will be vengence...
g30hd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #925
mattyd
Banned

I'm sick to my stomach...never been so sick...touch fouls all night long on Wade, they call a ghost foul and let Wade win the game. But the Mavs also blew a pretty nice 4th quarter lead...again.

Let's get ready for the offseason - we're gonna be hearing Mavs choked, Mavs are soft, etc.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #926
Syracuse Mavs Fan

Syracuse Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

Dirk needs to call his german guru guy to come comune with him. Howard was tired, no rest from Stackhouse. We almost beat them without stackhouse. Hello, are you listening we almost beat the heat on their court without our 6 man of the year. We will win in 7.
Syracuse Mavs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #927
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

The Mavs have had so many opportunties.. that they can't blame anyone but themselves.

Game 3 might very well end up the darkest day in Mavs history...

And then the Mavs missing such crucial free throws here to go up 3-2 back to home, and we make 1 out of 4.

This folks, hurts so bad. Because the Mavs are the better team, but they... they're one game from losing a chmpionship they had their finger tips on.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:49 PM   #928
mattyd
Banned

The parade is still Tuesday, right?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #929
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Josh has got to be one sad puppy right about now.

Crap!(*&(*&*(&()*&(*&(*&(*&&^&^&^&&&*&)&*(
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:51 PM   #930
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

man, i would fucking slit salvatore and joey fucking troll crawfords throat right now...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:52 PM   #931
maver1ck

maver1ck is on a distinguished road

I'm going to cry. This is mindblowingly painful. I have no words to express the combination of rage and sadness.

Watching Dirk kick the equipment and the machine makes me feel better.
maver1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:54 PM   #932
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

What could of been.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:55 PM   #933
mattyd
Banned

The parade is still Tuesday, right?

Sorry about the double post - things are slow right now - must be a lot of us that are venting abou this ridiculous star treatment on Wade.

Last edited by mattyd; 06-19-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:56 PM   #934
mattyd
Banned

Spurs wouldn't let this happen. I'm not even sure PHX would let the pressure get to them like this.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:58 PM   #935
Syracuse Mavs Fan

I'm feeling pretty confident about the next two. We could have been blown out tonight. It could have been worse. Take away a few of the mental mistakes, have the crowds behind our free throws have stack back. Oh yeah Baby, we gunna kick the crap out of em
Old 06-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #936
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit I am in aw of how easily Wade scores. Nightmares of Kobenight62.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:00 AM   #937
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone have info on what time the team will be landing tonight?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:00 AM   #938
samuraichkn

samuraichkn is on a distinguished road

WHYYY??????????? theres still hope tho, come on guys, BELIEVE!!!!!!!
samuraichkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:01 AM   #939
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

The turning point in the game. Book this. Why in the fuck did Howard decide to double team Wade at the top of the key? Payton hits the three. Game. You can blame the refs all you want but Howard is not a smart guy. He has shown that repeatedly.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:02 AM   #940
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

The turning point in the game. Book this. Why in the fuck did Howard decide to double team Wade at the top of the key? Payton hits the three. Game. You can blame the refs all you want but Howard is not a smart guy. He has shown that repeatedly.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:04 AM   #941
Syracuse Mavs Fan

Game 2 we should have won, Game 3 we got BEAT, game 5 we lost, we will win 6 and 7
Old 06-19-2006, 12:05 AM   #942
bgantz

bgantz is on a distinguished road

i'm sick....i hate realizing if we don't win the finals then we are a complete embarressment.
bgantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:05 AM   #943
ChicagoMavs

ChicagoMavs is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blab's Nemesis
You're an idiot! Avery called for the double. Goes to show your lack of basketball i.q. or awareness one of the two.
ChicagoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:06 AM   #944
mattyd
Banned

From Sefko's article about the game:
The Mavericks lost a lead in the third quarter because the referees were insistent on paralyzing the game with whistles. The Heat went to the free throw line 18 times in the period, including 11 times in a row without an official shot attempt.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:08 AM   #945
robattacks

robattacks is on a distinguished road

Has ther ever been a finals where every game was won by the home team. Right now history is against the mavs.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:10 AM   #946
mattyd
Banned

Terry has to go off in Game 6 - I don't think anyone on the Heat can guard him.

And I am litterally sick to my stomach that the refs called a foul with 1.9 seconds left...absolutely disgusting.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:10 AM   #947
Syracuse Mavs Fan

no comment by avery?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:11 AM   #948
Syracuse Mavs Fan

no comment by avery?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:12 AM   #949
g30hd3

g30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd
Terry has to go off in Game 6 - I don't think anyone on the Heat can guard him.

And I am litterally sick to my stomach that the refs called a foul with 1.9 seconds left...absolutely disgusting.
Superstar treatment...
g30hd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:13 AM   #950
robattacks

robattacks is on a distinguished road

Has ther ever been a finals where every game was won by the home team. Right now history is against the mavs.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #951
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Avery is furious on the podium.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #952
mattyd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig
Avery is furious on the podium.
He should be - he was totally outcoached tonight. Note: May not want to hack Shaq in OT when you're not in the penalty yet.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #953
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I feel bad for Howard. I was wondering why AJ was calling for a timeout at that point. That was my impression. That's what he gets for waving his arms like he was. It would be easy for a player to think he was calling for a timeout. It would be so loud in there it would be impossible for a player to hear him saying after the 2nd ft. Howard was clearly giving the timeout signal so how were the refs supposed to take it back?

Most coaches will call a player over and give instructions but to sit there waving your arms like that is stupid. I put that on AJ.

I'm more concerned about Dirk and whether the league decides to suspend him. I don't think it was deserving but you just never know with the league. He will certainly be fined for shoving the stationary bike into the wall and kicking the chair going into the back room. And that's after his 2 kick attempts on the ball while walking off the court.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:23 AM   #954
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

media bias. 2 superstar's vs. 1 in dallas.

all the commercials are for shaq or wade; none for dirk.

everyone is hyping wade as the next michael (he's good, but that's pretty high praise)

game 1-2 were why heat lost instead of why mavs won.

kinda reminds me of the last superbowl where steelers were in the spotlight..... although i have no idea why since dallas technically was the vegas favorite?

did anyone catch the comments on the last foul. someone said "it wasn't a ..." then stopped short. wonder what the guy was thinking... like "it wasn't a foul?"

Last edited by scorched03; 06-19-2006 at 12:25 AM.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:26 AM   #955
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm more concerned about Dirk and whether the league decides to suspend him. I don't think it was deserving but you just never know with the league. He will certainly be fined for shoving the stationary bike into the wall and kicking the chair going into the back room. And that's after his 2 kick attempts on the ball while walking off the court.
Interesting point.

They totally lost their cool tonight. I'm really concerned that the league is into their heads now.

They should've won this game tonight, easily even.

But frankly, even with all the questionable calls, they gave it away.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:29 AM   #956
mattyd
Banned

I hate ESPN, but I've been checking the message boards on ESPN.com. Lots of posts from unbiased fans - Jazz fans, Pacer fans, all fans in general - all bitching about the officiating. The NBA is so pathetic. The league's refusal to correct the bad officiating is giving it even MORE of a bad name.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 AM   #957
mattyd
Banned

Anyone watching the FSN postgame? Players are pissed.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:31 AM   #958
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I hate ESPN, but I've been checking the message boards on ESPN.com. Lots of posts from unbiased fans - Jazz fans, Pacer fans, all fans in general - all bitching about the officiating. The NBA is so pathetic. The league's refusal to correct the bad officiating is giving it even MORE of a bad name.
haha. yep. the 2 teams i was cheering for this weekend had some really awful phantom calls.
Team USA red cards
Dallas Mavericks lack of fouls called on them.
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:35 AM   #959
sifling

sifling will become famous soon enough

The officiating was laughable, yes, but so was our response.
We gave this game away innumerable times.
And now we're all going to have to spend the off-season hearing how we choked, how we're soft...
(and we'll know they're right)
sifling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:37 AM   #960
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Anyone watching the FSN postgame? Players are pissed.
What's the story with the timeout?
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote