Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 05-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #921
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
The lottery is in 11 days.
I'd love to see the Mavs somehow land a top-3 pick and bump the Lakers out... On the other hand, I'd hate for anyone else to sneak in there because I think there's a significant dropoff between #9 and #10.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2017, 06:37 PM   #922
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Finally a legit scouting video of probably a Love 2.0 with his own style. Strengths are PnR(which is what the Mavs badly needed since we were stuck with Bogut) and rebounding. This can balance out Noel's size guarding the paint.

Collins
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:58 AM   #923
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
How do pre-sales change the equation? sure they get they money now vs. when the shoe is delivered, but if it costs $4.4 million to make a batch of 10,000 shoes and they only get 3.5 million from the sales, then they're losing money.

If they sell direct-to-consumer, then yeah they pay more for S/H, but they also don't give Footlocker their cut. It still doesn't change the fact that developing a shoe is expensive and starting production is expensive. Once you're going, your best friend is bulk and 10,000 units is minuscule when you're talking about foreign manufacturing and tariffs for importing.

Can't lie-- I still want one. Not because it will be a great shoe or because I like Ball. I want one like I want a Delorean in my garage-- just to own a catastrophic bust.
Sorry, been away and site down.

I meant more along the lines of production costs. Lavar most definitely doesn't have the money, and I would doubt, the investors to back the costs. This allows him to have a presale to know exactly how many he has to make and not have to hold inventory. I would hope he is smart enough to not over produce but honestly, it would be the least shocking thing. He will make money on these if he only produces what is ordered, and obviously the margin will be much less, yet still more profitable than one of the big shoe companies taking their cut.

Let's be real though, another report came out and said he hasn't even come close to selling 500 of them. Even with all of the free marketing and trendiness in the world. And it is all because of Lavar Ball. I'd feel bad for Lonzo, but he is allowing it all to happen and seemingly enjoying it.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #924
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Owner Mark Cuban will represent the #Mavs on the stage during Tuesday night's NBA Draft Lottery in New York.

Just saw this:
LOTTO ALERT: @mcuban tells Dallasbasketball.com #Mavs rep at next Tuesday #NBA Draft Lottery will be @MichaelFinley ‬

Not sure what to believe!

Last edited by BPo001; 05-10-2017 at 01:02 PM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #925
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This will be Finley's big year to help get us a great player in the draft.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:00 PM   #926
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Owner Mark Cuban will represent the #Mavs on the stage during Tuesday night's NBA Draft Lottery in New York.

Just saw this:
LOTTO ALERT: @mcuban tells Dallasbasketball.com #Mavs rep at next Tuesday #NBA Draft Lottery will be @MichaelFinley ‬

Cuban is on the tv stage, Finley at the actual lottery happening before behind closed doors.

My guess
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #927
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post

Just saw this:

I honestly don't care who is up there, just as long as we don't totally blow the pick.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:59 PM   #928
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Per NBC sports. And they quote!

Quote:
9. Dallas Mavericks: Dennis Smith Jr., N.C. State. Strong playmaker, good handles good in the open court, but was up and down and didn’t seem consistently interested in defense.

Quote:
Zach Collins, Gonzaga. Fantastic performances on big stage of NCAA Tournament, he can make threes, score in the post, blocks shots, rebound. Came off bench at Gonzaga, still a work in progress.
Quote:
Frank Ntilikina, France, Tall 6’5″ point guard who is a good two-way player, someone with a lot of offensive potential.
Pretty underwhelming for Dennis Smith. Especially when they say his defense sucks. I'd rather just take the chance on Frank or Collins if we actually do end up 9th. Frank reminds me of a stronger Roddy B. Who can probably be a solid distributor from the start learning how to score.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #929
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Per NBC sports. And they quote!

Pretty underwhelming for Dennis Smith. Especially when they say his defense sucks. I'd rather just take the chance on Frank or Collins if we actually do end up 9th. Frank reminds me of a stronger Roddy B. Who can probably be a solid distributor from the start learning how to score.
Yeah Kurt Helin's and Rob Dauster's flippant and curt evals of who they like are way more important than scouting, professional assessments, attitude, and the overall lottery that is drafting players.

NBC guys get 100% of draft picks correct
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:38 PM   #930
Underdog

Quote:
Nobody says his defense sucks, just that his effort is underwhelming for his skillset...

SBNation:
Quote:
His lack of length gives him less room for error than other guys, and so far at N.C. State he has not played with the type of intensity one would hope. Smith’s natural defensive instincts are actually pretty good, as evidenced by his 3.1 percent steal rate and 1.2 percent block rate.
RealGM:
Quote:
When he puts in the effort, Smith can bend his knees to get in a stance and move quite well laterally to stay in front in isolation defense. He also offers some switch-ability, proving himself able to box out bigger players.
SportingNews: Point guard prospect Dennis Smith is a Hall of Fame coach's dream

Dennis Smith Jr. Offense & Defense Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIMZDoJOR6I

And, of, course, that's ignoring his offensive capabilities, which are lightyears beyond most players in the draft... But I could see Carlisle molding this young man into a solid defensive player as well.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #931
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Yeah Kurt Helin's and Rob Dauster's flippant and curt evals of who they like are way more important than scouting, professional assessments, attitude, and the overall lottery that is drafting players.

NBC guys get 100% of draft picks correct
Honest question.. did you watch a game Dennis Smith was in? I'll prefer Frank. And get a custom made jersey with it named Frank if we do end up getting him.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #932
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Nobody says his defense sucks, just that his effort is underwhelming for his skillset...

SBNation:

RealGM:

SportingNews: Point guard prospect Dennis Smith is a Hall of Fame coach's dream

Dennis Smith Jr. Offense & Defense Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIMZDoJOR6I

And, of, course, that's ignoring his offensive capabilities, which are lightyears beyond most players in the draft... But I could see Carlisle molding this young man into a solid defensive player as well.
Frank

These highlights really do show more promise being that he's an athletic PG being 6'5. Which could work better with guards on the team like Seth and JJ.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:49 PM   #933
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I like Frank's upside for defense if he realizes his potential. Having said that I'd take DSJ all day every day if he's there over Frank and it's not close. My only concern with him was the acl, and he played just fine all year coming off the injury.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 05-10-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:51 PM   #934
Underdog

Quote:
Honest question.. did you watch a game Dennis Smith was in? I'll prefer Frank. And get a custom made jersey with it named Frank if we do end up getting him.
Did you watch a game Frank was in?? (short answer: no... long answer: fuck no).

Don't get me wrong, I like Frank, but STFU about watching tape when you haven't. You're only bagging on Dennis Smith because the posters on this board who shut down your Markkanen hype happen to prefer Smith Jr.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-10-2017 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:56 PM   #935
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Did you watch a game Frank was in?? (short answer: no... long answer: fuck no).

Don't get me wrong, I like Frank, but STFU about watching tape when you haven't. You're only bagging on Dennis Smith because the posters on this board who shut down your Markkanen hype happen to prefer Smith Jr.
Markkanen's going to be gone around 6-7. So he could be gone, which I think Mavs would settle with. And I like how Cubes said he's considering free agent PG's or drafting one if its the right one(paraphrasing. I'll like Frank at 9 because he's in FIBA. That's good enough to show better potential since it's more competitive at guards. If Mavs almost has Roddy be an offensive machine. Then Frank is the dennis shcroeder. Even better than him Mavs draft. Smith I bet will drop to 11 and that brings up Justin Jackson or some other players moving up after the combine.

Last edited by yahyes; 05-10-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #936
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I like Frank's upside for defense if he realizes his potential. Having said that I'd take DSJ all day every day if he's there over Frank and it's not close. My only concern with him was the acl, and he played just fine all year coming off the injury.
Oh wonderful you mention an ACL injury that can be lingering his rookie year. It's gotta be Frank over Dennis Smith after this combine is over.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:10 PM   #937
Underdog

Quote:
Markkanen's going to be gone around 6-7. So he could be gone, which I think Mavs would settle with. And I like how Cubes said he's considering free agent PG's or drafting one if its the right one(paraphrasing. I'll like Frank at 9 because he's in FIBA. That's good enough to show better potential since it's more competitive at guards. If Mavs almost has Roddy be an offensive machine. Then Frank is the dennis shcroeder. Even better than him Mavs draft. Smith I bet will drop to 11 and that brings up Justin Jackson or some other players moving up after the combine.
Why would Markkanen go "6-7" when NYK needs guards? He'll go at 6 if the T-Wolves draft for need over BPA, which they probably will because they suck.

Dennis Smith Jr. isn't slipping past the Mavs... But if Frank is the last PG standing when we pick, then I'll happily take him. I doubt any PG makes it past 10 now that the Kings have a second top-10 pick. Charlotte will get stuck with the Zach Collins consolation prize.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-10-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #938
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Why would Markkanen go "6-7" when NYK needs guards? He'll go at 6 if the T-Wolves draft for need over BPA, which they probably will because they suck.

Dennis Smith Jr. isn't slipping past the Mavs... But if Frank is the last PG standing when we pick, then I'll happily take him. I doubt any PG makes it past 10 now that the Kings have a second top-10 pick. Charlotte will get stuck with the Zach Collins consolation prize.
Wait I think you're reading too much into mock drafts. And just tried to lecture me on sports journalists. That's kind of the same eh. Collins could legit move up after the combine. Top 10'er for sure.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:23 PM   #939
Underdog

Quote:
Wait I think you're reading too much into mock drafts. And just tried to lecture me on sports journalists. That's kind of the same eh. Collins could legit move up after the combine. Top 10'er for sure.
The top 9 players are pretty cut & dry, have been for the last year.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:27 PM   #940
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
The top 9 players are pretty cut & dry, have been for the last year.
Right, which I think is where Smith wont be. Collins could easily be top 9. Isaac's climbing in ranks. Which is really my first pick at PF. We'll see!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:34 PM   #941
Underdog

Quote:
Right, which I think is where Smith wont be. Collins could easily be top 9. Isaac's climbing in ranks. Which is really my first pick at PF. We'll see!
Isaac has pretty much been top-5, which is why all of us were surprised to see mocks where he dropped to the Mavs... And most of the teams in the top-10 need PGs, which is why you'll see all of them go early. This draft isn't being done in a vacuum.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #942
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Isaac has pretty much been top-5, which is why all of us were surprised to see mocks where he dropped to the Mavs... And most of the teams in the top-10 need PGs, which is why you'll see all of them go early. This draft isn't being done in a vacuum.
I think Boston thinks about trading their pick. Other big time trades happening for teams in the east to compete against Lebron. Then that's where Mavs have to keep this pick, unless it's for the first pick of course.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #943
Underdog

Quote:
I think Boston thinks about trading their pick.
For what? Seriously, what kind of return is worth giving up the #1 pick in a loaded draft?

Old 05-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #944
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Yeah, the ACL injury is long behind him now -- his athleticism didn't drop one iota last season.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #945
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For what? Seriously, what kind of return is worth giving up the #1 pick in a loaded draft?
Jimmy Butler?
Old 05-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #946
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm curious how Boston will address their guard situation if they draft Fultz.
Seems one of them could become available.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #947
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Or they could draft Josh Jackson.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:05 PM   #948
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely want Dennis Smith Jr.

I will take Frank as a consolation prize if Dennis is not available.

There's really not a lot of debate on my end for this pick. As long as we dont end up with 10 by chance, I feel like Mavs wont screw this up finally
Old 05-11-2017, 01:26 AM   #949
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly happy with any of Issac, Monk, Fox, DSJ, Frank, Collins

Collins is very intriguing. Very athletic, great frame and nice stroke that should develop into NBA 3point range in a couple years. Instinctive shot-blocker. Can potentially guard the p'n'r.
One of the sites had Brad Daugherty as his comp. I see Patton more as Daugherty only not nearly as good- Daugherty was great. Collins has some Ibaka only a little more bend and less robotic offensively potentially only without the insane weak side closing speed.

Tyler Lydon from Syracuse(my team) is going to make some team(Portland?) really happy in the early 20's. Has a lot of Collins good qualities without quite the size or strength.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:49 AM   #950
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I absolutely want Dennis Smith Jr.

I will take Frank as a consolation prize if Dennis is not available.

There's really not a lot of debate on my end for this pick. As long as we dont end up with 10 by chance, I feel like Mavs wont screw this up finally
As long as we dont end up with 10 and Markkanen is gone

Last edited by sefant77; 05-11-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:56 AM   #951
yahyes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Honestly happy with any of Issac, Monk, Fox, DSJ, Frank, Collins

Collins is very intriguing. Very athletic, great frame and nice stroke that should develop into NBA 3point range in a couple years. Instinctive shot-blocker. Can potentially guard the p'n'r.
One of the sites had Brad Daugherty as his comp. I see Patton more as Daugherty only not nearly as good- Daugherty was great. Collins has some Ibaka only a little more bend and less robotic offensively potentially only without the insane weak side closing speed.

Tyler Lydon from Syracuse(my team) is going to make some team(Portland?) really happy in the early 20's. Has a lot of Collins good qualities without quite the size or strength.
Let underdog learn this especially about Collins. He seems out of the loop. But yeah Collins has to be top 10 ranked after declaring just playing in the championship his freshman year.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #952
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Boston could very well go Jackson, if someone doesn't wow them with a trade. Which may slightly increase the chances Smith makes it to us.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-11-2017 at 08:27 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:43 AM   #953
sefant77
Guru

10th click and i got the worst case

Old 05-11-2017, 10:46 AM   #954
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I got an 11 this morning, too. 0.4% chanace of happening.

In the Mock, it still gave us Smith Jr.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:55 AM   #955
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I got an 11 this morning, too. 0.4% chanace of happening.

In the Mock, it still gave us Smith Jr.

Really? What player jumped into the top 10 that had Smith drop? It would be terrible if we land the 11th pick, but if we still land DSJ I'd be ecstatic.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:04 AM   #956
sefant77
Guru

I expect the Heat to jump into the Top-3 because Riley sold his soul to the devil a long time ago
Old 05-11-2017, 03:05 PM   #957
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
You do realize the NBA combine doesn't move the needle much on these prospects, especially the top 10, right? Hell, most of them don't even participate, if they end up attending at all. Mostly go for interviews/measurables and peace out.

You only get the fringe draftable players to even go through drills and participate in 5v5.

In other words, you're vastly overstating the importance of the NBA combine.

Last edited by saclare; 05-11-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #958
saclare
Platinum Member

FWIW, I would be thrilled if the Mavs got one of DSJ or Frank. I like Frank's upside just a little more, but there are many things to like about both players. Fisher has been saying the Mavs aren't as high on DSJ, but I don't believe it (I'll take it as smoke).

Doubtful Isaac drops to us, and taking Collins would be very redundant, given their desire to keep Noel.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:15 PM   #959
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
FWIW, I would be thrilled if the Mavs got one of DSJ or Frank. I like Frank's upside just a little more, but there are many things to like about both players. Fisher has been saying the Mavs aren't as high on DSJ, but I don't believe it (I'll take it as smoke).

Doubtful Isaac drops to us, and taking Collins would be very redundant, given their desire to keep Noel.
It could be slightly redundant. But then again Dirk will be gone soon.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #960
BPo001
Diamond Member

Player measurements from the combine.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ekR9Q/htmlview