Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-21-2007, 11:21 PM   #961
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I tried really hard not to be underwhelmed, but I was. It was like, it had all the elements that it was supposed to have, but it was put together clunkily. Disappointing by this show's standards. The quality of the 5 years in the future episode & "Company Man," that's really where my expectations were. I guess it's hard to live up to that level & still cram in everything you want to cram in.

Overall, I thought the fight scene at the end was clunky & I didn't like how it was them each approaching Sylar one by one (especially when Niki went to fight Sylar & conveinently gets called back by Micah b/c "Dad needs her," as if she can really do anything for DL... it was pretty awesome when Peter got super-strength though). There was just something off about both the dialogue & the pace tonight, which this show usually does pretty well. I mean, it is a show that will over "destiny" & "hero" you, but it doesn't usually bother me this much.

I'm trying to picture how Peter's going to get back down to earth once he regenerates. I suppose he'll fly? Isn't there an oxygen issue? Am I thinking about this too much?

I still don't know how I feel about the "Generations" concept for Season 2. I thought one of the major strengths of this show was it always kept the storylines moving, slowing things down is the opposite of what I want. But maybe they'll somehow do it so it's awesome, who knows. Anyway, great first season!
Old 05-21-2007, 11:50 PM   #962
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Meh...

It felt anti-climatic. I guess I'm just a sucker for cliffhangers...I don't even know if that's it. I enjoyed the series, but the finale didn't do much for me. It just seemed too convenient and in the end I would've preferred Peter blow everyone to smithereens.

It would've made for a great second season.
Well then....you'd like the way they usually do it on "24" then. (I haven't watched tonight's finale of that, please don't spoil it here anyone)

Oh and they conveniently left shape shifter hotty girl alive didn't they?

I like that Sylar isn't dead. He's too much fun, and Zach Quinto is perfect in that part.

Oh and what did everyone make of HRG revealing his first name to be Noah? Do we see some parellels between "Noah" and the 5 years gone episode, where he was saving "them" ? It's no ark, but hey it'll do.... That was definitely a sure sign that he'll be back in action in season 2, no?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:56 PM   #963
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I would've liked to have seen "the hatian" a little here. I know he's not one of the 'main' heroes, but I grew to like him.

And whatever happened to Claude?

Oh and I like that they saved Ando. I know it's a cop out, but I just grew to like him too much.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-21-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:04 AM   #964
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

wtf happened to sylar at the end? Did he shape-shift to a cockroach? lol
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #965
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, speaking of the Haitian, couldn't he just stand in the middle of New York and negate all of what happened?
Old 05-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #966
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Orrr, couldn't Peter get his power and then just keep Sylar from doing anything?
Old 05-22-2007, 12:19 AM   #967
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey
Yeah, speaking of the Haitian, couldn't he just stand in the middle of New York and negate all of what happened?
lol that would be so funny
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:29 AM   #968
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

You know, as much as I like him, keeping Ando alive really makes last week's Hiro subplot kind of pointless. If Ando isn't Hiro's heart that he's willing to sacrifice, how else do you interpret that story?

I don't remember what actually happened, but remember way back in Episode 2, the one where Matt first saves Molly? Didn't Matt actually shoot Sylar & he got away in a similarly weird fashion? What/Whose the hell power is that?

If the way Candice looks is an illusion (i.e. she's really "huge" as she says, or deformed or something), why didn't she change back to her actual form when Niki knocked her out? Her other illusion (of her as Jessica & of Micah on the floor) disappeared. What, did the writers forget to finish her storyline that they just spent 3 episodes making the most interesting part of her character? Disappointing.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 AM   #969
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I liked it a lot. It was a good end to the season.
I agree, though, with the "clunkiness" comment. Some things were just a little too convenient, other things just didn't flow well. I'd like to see a list of directors for the season.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:35 AM   #970
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
You know, as much as I like him, keeping Ando alive really makes last week's Hiro subplot kind of pointless. If Ando isn't Hiro's heart that he's willing to sacrifice, how else do you interpret that story?
If the way Candice looks is an illusion (i.e. she's really "huge" as she says, or deformed or something), why didn't she change back to her actual form when Niki knocked her out? Her other illusion (of her as Jessica & of Micah on the floor) disappeared. What, did the writers forget to finish her storyline that they just spent 3 episodes making the most interesting part of her character? Disappointing.
I think Hiro's "heart" is his innocence or something. He'll have to be a cold-hearted killer to get stuff done. He'll have to sacrifice part of who he is in order to save the people he loves. But I would've liked it more if Ando had died.

and I never thought Candice was really huge - she was just playing, maybe trying to gain Micah's confidence. She did change back to her natural form when she was knocked out. It would have been cooler if she was big or old like she hinted, or if she was really deformed or something, but it still works.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 05-22-2007 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:04 AM   #971
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't remember what actually happened, but remember way back in Episode 2, the one where Matt first saves Molly? Didn't Matt actually shoot Sylar & he got away in a similarly weird fashion? What/Whose the hell power is that?
Similar to what? I don't remember anyone shooting Sylar.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #972
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Like I think someone said earlier, why would Claire be freaking out about shooting Peter? Put a bullet in his brain, push it out with a stick later, and the dude's fine... I've gotta be missing something(?)

That's really the only big problem I'm having with last night's episode, all in all a good season finale....
Old 05-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #973
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I agree...I thought those were both wasted opportunities.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:45 AM   #974
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irontoad
Like I think someone said earlier, why would Claire be freaking out about shooting Peter? Put a bullet in his brain, push it out with a stick later, and the dude's fine... I've gotta be missing something(?)

That's really the only big problem I'm having with last night's episode, all in all a good season finale....
I can just assume that she wouldn't have brought him back, because he would still be a bomb.

What I didn't understand is why Peter ever went looking for Ted in the first place. Its seems like the prudent thing to do would've been to get the hell out of town and avoid Ted at all possible costs - not go wandering the streets looking for him. If he never met Ted, he never would've absorbed his power. The entire plot rested on this very random happenstance that was completely avoidable.

There might be some key plot point I'm missing here.

Oh well, I guess Frodo could've just ridden an Eagle to Mordor...so what are you going to do?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-22-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #975
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

speaking of Frodo and friends, did anyone else chuckle when the show stole yet another plot point? Molly says the big evil boogieman can see her when she uses her ring - er, power - to see him.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #976
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
speaking of Frodo and friends, did anyone else chuckle when the show stole yet another plot point? Molly says the big evil boogieman can see her when she uses her ring - er, power - to see him.
It crossed my mind, but I didn't chuckle.

It stands to reason that in a world where people can fly and read minds and locate others they've never met with a map and a push pin, that powerful individuals might encounter eachothers minds.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:32 AM   #977
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

my two cents -

not a bad finale by any means, but it was definitely clunky, and i was underwhelmed.

a few points:

1) I would have liked it better if Hiro teleported right next to Sylar. We're supposed to believe that Sylar, bad-ass that he is, didn't have time to react when Hiro was running at him from like 10 feet away? A better scene would have been Hiro appearing right behind him and calling Sylar's name. Sylar turns around and immediately gets a chest full of sword.

2) Sylar didn't turn into a cockroach, people. That scene was showing he escaped down into a manhole. The cockroach was just there.

3) I agree about Candice. I thought it would be cool if she turned into someone completely different. If the director thought the audience would be confused, then show her changing to the Candice we recognize, then changing to someone else.

4) I agree with Thig. I actually liked Niki this episode (not DL, though, he still sucks). It was cool when she realized that she actually had the super strength all along.

5) parkman should be dead. 4 bullets to the chest? So all that buildup and no one actually dies (for sure), except Linderman? Nathan could be dead, Peter could be dead, Parkman could be dead, Sylar could be dead, DL could be dead, but no one knows. that's a lot of possible deaths left up in the air.

6) I did like the ending with nathan flying Peter away. Touching moment between brothers.

7) So what was the deal with Peter's flashback? Had he gotten a power from being around simone's dad (assuming he has a power)?

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 05-22-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #978
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
7) So what was the deal with Peter's flashback? Had he gotten a power from being around simone's dad (assuming he has a power)?
I was curious about this as well. That's the second time we've seen him have a sort of interactive dream, but the last one wasn't a flashback to past events.

I assume they'll explain that at some point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-22-2007, 10:41 AM   #979
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
5) parkman should be dead. 4 bullets to the chest? So all that buildup and no one actually dies (for sure), except Linderman? Nathan could be dead, Peter could be dead, Parkman could be dead, Sylar could be dead, DL could be dead, but no one knows. that's a lot of possible deaths left up in the air.
I feel pretty certain that Nathan has to be dead.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #980
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I feel pretty certain that Nathan has to be dead.
Yeah, I don't see any way around that one.

And I don't see any way that Peter is actually dead.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-22-2007, 10:53 AM   #981
mary
Troll Hunter

Two more things I would've liked last night.

Hiro chopping off Sylar's head...that's what samauri swords are for!

And the warrior at end taking off his helmet...that has to be George Takei...right?

Last edited by mary; 05-22-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #982
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Two more things I would've liked last night.

Hiro chopping of Sylar's head...that's what samauri swords are for!

And the warrior at end taking off his helmet...that has to be George Takei...right?
Takei was in the opening credits...we didn't see him anywhere else did we?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #983
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

we saw him walk out into the street with Hiro at the beginning - was that the credits?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #984
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, takei was in the episode earlier. but i do agree that the original Kensei is takei.

nathan could have flown really high and let peter go. who knows. it's certainly implied that he died, but you never know with shows like this.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:13 AM   #985
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
we saw him walk out into the street with Hiro at the beginning - was that the credits?
I'm sorry, I meant his name was in the credits.

I actually didn't see the first 4 minutes of the show, I was rushing home.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #986
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
2) Sylar didn't turn into a cockroach, people. That scene was showing he escaped down into a manhole. The cockroach was just there.
adding to my statement. It certainly appeared that Sylar died, his life seemed to flash in his eyes. perhaps he was dragged into the sewers by someone else? Maybe it was the Morlocks?!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #987
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I know!!! This guy that's even worse as Molly said, was also doing what Sylar was doing.

He swooped in, took Sylar to the sewers, and ate Sylars brain!!!!

(lol imagine if they did some stupid crap like that)

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-22-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:23 AM   #988
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
adding to my statement. It certainly appeared that Sylar died, his life seemed to flash in his eyes. perhaps he was dragged into the sewers by someone else? Maybe it was the Morlocks?!
or a mutant with special cockroach powers! (Mrs Petrelli)
Old 05-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #989
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

you know what would have been cool? If Hiro was actually Kensei. I know we get into some weird time travel crap, but imagine if he went back in time and was a bad-ass due to his powers, then when he was born in the future, he's actually hearing stories about himself? but sulu is kensei, so forget that.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #990
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
you know what would have been cool? If Hiro was actually Kensei. I know we get into some weird time travel crap, but imagine if he went back in time and was a bad-ass due to his powers, then when he was born in the future, he's actually hearing stories about himself? but sulu is kensei, so forget that.
I was kinda wondering along those lines - next season is "generations." What if Hiro's mutant seed initiated all of the "evolution" hundreds of years ago? He's his own ancestor!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:32 AM   #991
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
1) I would have liked it better if Hiro teleported right next to Sylar. We're supposed to believe that Sylar, bad-ass that he is, didn't have time to react when Hiro was running at him from like 10 feet away? A better scene would have been Hiro appearing right behind him and calling Sylar's name. Sylar turns around and immediately gets a chest full of sword.
I thought the same. This show has been consistently poor in explaining why people don't use their powers at times.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #992
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I thought Peter would just fly up himself. But then we couldn't get rid of Nathan.
You known I never thought about that lol. Maybe Peter can't use two powers at once?

Quote:
I don't see how any of them are dead to be honest lol. I maen why have their death's as cliff-hangers? Why not just kill them in the finale like Liederman? Sylar clearly isn't dead and rightfully so. I'm guessing next season is going to revolve around Sylar and another guy who looks at Molly when she tries to locate him lol. I don't think Parkman is dead because they kept trying to feed the "Parkman is Molly's heroe" storyline. And for some reason it felt like DL, Nikki, Micah and Molly were sort of becoming a family in a way even though it was just one episode. I wouldn't be shocked to see Molly living with them in the next season.

Quote:
nathan could have flown really high and let peter go. who knows. it's certainly implied that he died, but you never know with shows like this.
Initially this is what I thought. Go into outerspace and just throw Peter and fly away lol. Maybe I was thinking too hard but it seems a little early to get rid of Nathan doesn't it?

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 05-22-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #993
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i don't think peter has ever been shown using two powers at the same time. even in the future, he was separating them. he showed up at HRG's place invisible, then became visible to use telekinesis, then froze time, then teleported.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #994
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Yea has it ever been explained why he can't control that damn radiation powers of his? Now that I think about it though Ted couldn't control it either though I believe. He couldn't control it at Clarie's house anyway.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:59 AM   #995
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, peter had that power for a very short time and probably never practiced it because he didn't really know how to access it.

Sylar, on the other hand, definitely studied the powers and took the time to control them.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #996
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Oh yea that is a good point. Sylar could definately control it when he had it so I guess the powers were containable.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:17 PM   #997
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
yeah, peter had that power for a very short time and probably never practiced it because he didn't really know how to access it.

Sylar, on the other hand, definitely studied the powers and took the time to control them.
I think the problem was he was never around Ted to figure out that it happened to Ted when he got upset.

So he didn't realize that as he got more and more worried about what was happening to him, he just lost more and more control.

That's why I didn't understand why someone didn't just cold-cock him. I guess the only one that really realized that about Ted was Parkman, and he was out of commission by the time the stuff was happening to Peter.

It's a bit frustrating because WE see all the pieces, and realize what needs to happen, but most of the heroes have spent very little time with on another.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-22-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:19 PM   #998
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

Quote:
I can just assume that she wouldn't have brought him back, because he would still be a bomb.

What I didn't understand is why Peter ever went looking for Ted in the first place. Its seems like the prudent thing to do would've been to get the hell out of town and avoid Ted at all possible costs - not go wandering the streets looking for him. If he never met Ted, he never would've absorbed his power. The entire plot rested on this very random happenstance that was completely avoidable.

There might be some key plot point I'm missing here.

Oh well, I guess Frodo could've just ridden an Eagle to Mordor...so what are you going to do?
I think that while he thought he might be the bomb, he also knew that Ted and/or possibly Sylar could be the bomb as well and he might be the only way to stop it. He talked somewhere in one of these past couple episodes about how he couldn't just sit back and not do anything.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:19 PM   #999
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It's too bad Nathan couldn't drag his bitch mother up there and killed her too. I suppose we'll be seeing more of her.... probably going after Claire. Who at this point is a pretty spare character.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:22 PM   #1000
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
It's too bad Nathan couldn't drag his bitch mother up there and killed her too. I suppose we'll be seeing more of her.... probably going after Claire. Who at this point is a pretty spare character.
Hmm. Maybe. Her jump out of the window last night kind of opened my eyes. I mean she could theoretically get into a lot of places that other people can't by doing stuff like that.

Obviously her main purpose was to give Peter the power to regenerate, but she could still do some good in other ways.

I think we're going to see a lot less of most of the characters next season anyway.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game