Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #1001
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius
mir gehts unglaublich gut was für ein schöner Tag
Guten Morgen und gute Nacht
I agree Julius this was unbelievable and have a beautiful day... A great day for Germany... a great day for Dallas... The greatest day for the Mavericks!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #1002
bricklayer

bricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the roughbricklayer is a jewel in the rough

Mavs all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:27 PM   #1003
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

this playoff run reminds me of the cowboys title runs. pure excitement!!! gotta love it man!!!

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:28 PM   #1004
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

I'm still laughing from the thought that maybe Bruce Bowen is still out there in the arena with the exact "Bring it on"-pose not knowing what just hit his 9pt, 3rb ass.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #1005
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricklayer
Mavs all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!
To the Spurs fans, great season and thanks for a great series! Now, How about them Mavericks!!!!!!! Let's get that trophy baby....
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #1006
DwD

DwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the roughDwD is a jewel in the rough

Oh Gosh! I am still sweating after all the jumping up and down I did cheerleading for the Mavs the entire game!!! How Awesome!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:29 PM   #1007
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

OMFGWTFBBQLOL!!!!!11!1one

Goddamn I love this team.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:30 PM   #1008
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

Phoenix got nothing on our half set game,NOTHING!
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:30 PM   #1009
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

good lord, how can i be so HAPPY, yet so EXCRUCIATINGLY angry at the same time?

we haven't won a championship, but champions have to overcome bad calls. and boy, did we ever. the officiating in this game was a joke.

some of my highlights from the game:

duncan is an offensive foul every time he gets it on the block, slapping the defenders hand out of the way.

loved when barry tripped over his own feet and looked at the ref for a call. dude, there was no one within 5 feet of you. surprised the refs didn't call it anyway.

manu's leg kick 3-pointer foul on howard. you have got to be kidding me. at least kerr admitted it was BS (sidebar - kerr was actually good tonight. normally he is up on the spurs' nuts).

i made a note of this - with 6:00 to go in the 3rd, we had 4 guys with 4 fouls. they had one guy in trouble, parker with 3. ridiculous.

duncan goes over the back, heinously, at the end of the third. no call.

ok, the refs got one right. the howard charge on manu. manu was set, and even though he was in the circle, howard bowled him over.

oh, and terry did foul parker on that fast break, but hey, one bad reffing experience for the spurs.

SHUT THE HELL UP, TONY PARKER. "We are their nemesis, that's why they take cheap shots." what a douche (i can say that, cause it's french).

LOVED dirk's attack of the rim for the three-point play at the end of regulation. HUGE BALLS!

i honestly did not see a foul against duncan on the last play of regulation. dirk blocked him clean from behind.

as for harris' foul before the ball came in. that's a chuck against the cutter. it happens ALL THE TIME in all levels of basketball. my college couach taught us all to do that. but of course, bavetta is looking for any way to get the spurs points without time going off the clock, so he calls it.

ok, i've been kind of negative in this post, and we just frickin' won. i just had to get stuff of my chest. back to the celebrating.

DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP! DIOP!

great d in overtime, and even got involved offensively.

strong minutes from van horn. good game from stack, including a great defensive read on finley's 3.

i wish i lived in dallas right now, i'd buy you all a beer. except you young'uns. but before you think i'm being nice, i'd probably expense it to my company.

this was a dog of a series, and there's still more to go. but man, i feel so awesome right now.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:31 PM   #1010
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

OMG, seeing Tony Parker in tears on the live press conference... Oh this feels so good....!

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 05-22-2006 at 10:31 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:31 PM   #1011
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I am so happy right now. I mean really, I'm giddy, I don't know how I'm going to be able to sleep.

I wish I could feel like this all the time.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:32 PM   #1012
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

there's always some harsh words being tossed around when we play the spurs, or even houston, but after all is said and done, we all still support each other. the title should be in texas, regardless of which team.

although i still prefer the mavs

Old 05-22-2006, 10:33 PM   #1013
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

I wish that somehow we could send a message into the past, exactly one year, telling ourselves that DeSagana Diop would be the final nail in the coffin enabling the Mavs to eliminate the Spurs. Oh, the wonderful hilarity.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:34 PM   #1014
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

How bout some rep for pulling some crazy mav GDT mojo out of my ass....

Damn, game 7 on the road, beat the champs in OT.... God this is the greatest.... Finally we break through... Get used to this people!!!

Last edited by birdsanctuary; 05-22-2006 at 10:34 PM.
birdsanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:35 PM   #1015
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilMavvento
I wish that somehow we could send a message into the past, exactly one year, telling ourselves that DeSagana Diop would be the final nail in the coffin enabling the Mavs to eliminate the Spurs. Oh, the wonderful hilarity.
Maybe we already did... and that's why we signed him? Hmm, ever think of that?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:36 PM   #1016
jly
Dirk for MVP

everybody "diop diop"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx6wN...ch=diop%20diop

haha, gotta bring back the classics. credit to the poster who i saw this from

Old 05-22-2006, 10:37 PM   #1017
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

HOLY SHIT... Duncan now crying at the live press conference. What a pussy!!! The Mavs were better, stop crying you puss and tip your hat to the Mavs!!! Just watching your face and your sniffly shit, I am losing respect by the second!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #1018
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

WOO HOO HOO HOO!!!!!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #1019
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I really didn't think that Duncan was crying.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:39 PM   #1020
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Killer says all of you doubters can KISS HIS ROSEY RED ASS!!!

Way to go killer!!! You have huge CAJONOES!!!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-22-2006, 10:39 PM   #1021
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsanctuary
It's not polite to ask.

But you get positive rep anyways
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #1022
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

duncan wasn't crying.

but someone asked about a foul on the last play... duncan replies, "yes he got me, but the refs won't call that". backhanded response.

but hey, duncan played a good game. the times when he actually was legitimately fouled, he had the and-1. strong game.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #1023
jly
Dirk for MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
maybe he just had some dust in his eyes

Old 05-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #1024
saturnring11

saturnring11 is on a distinguished road

WCF here we come!
saturnring11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #1025
dude1394
Guru

BIRDSANCTUARY is a STUD!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #1026
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Duncan is a whiney bitch but he showed some class after the final wistle. He congratulated Avery after the game and he wouldn't let the media bait him into blaming the officials.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:42 PM   #1027
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

Quote:
Murph, he couldn't look at the reporters, he was sniffling and his eyes were all teary... His voice is pretty crackly at first too... watch the replay on NBA.com again.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:43 PM   #1028
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Maybe we already did... and that's why we signed him? Hmm, ever think of that?
It's all beginning to make sense........even Doug Christie must have served some unseen cosmic purpose.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:43 PM   #1029
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I am still shaking.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #1030
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
BIRDSANCTUARY is a STUD!!!!
This was a team effort Dude! Just trying to take one for the team in the game 7. I know some of you got some kryptonite like mojo left on the GDT... I figured we had to save that stuff for the FINALS!!!!!

YEAH..... HELL YEAH!!!! I STILL CANT BELIEVE WE WON IT...

THE GREATNESS THAT IS THE MAVERICKS!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #1031
DirtyNashty

DirtyNashty will become famous soon enoughDirtyNashty will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Damn, game 7 on the road, beat the champs in OT.... God this is the greatest.... Finally we break through... Get used to this people!!!
You got it Bird......WTG anybody seen www.espn.go.com ? Great shot of Dirk and awesome title......
DirtyNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:51 PM   #1032
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan Ginobili

I will be rooting for Texas boys still... as you said, drbio, lets keep the trophy in Texas.

Um... Go mavs ? LOL I am going to go hang myself now.
Sure about that? Seems like you're riding the fence.

On the Spurs report:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi Wan Ginobili
DET is my 2nd fav Team.
Cavs #3.

I'm rooting for Detroit for he rest of the season. I respect them almsot as much as the Spurs.

GO PISTONS!
I'm just saying.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #1033
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyNashty
You got it Bird......WTG anybody seen www.espn.go.com ? Great shot of Dirk and awesome title......
Let's show it.

A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:55 PM   #1034
dude1394
Guru

Jason just said diop had a broken nose? I didnt' hear that. Big FTs by DIOP!!

Big shots KILLER!!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:58 PM   #1035
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Who were the two whiney bitches on FSSW complaining about the officiating?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:59 PM   #1036
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

Quote:
Who were the two whiney bitches on FSSW complaining about the officiating?
There is no way you can complain about the refs, especially after the Devin brain-fart...
Old 05-22-2006, 10:59 PM   #1037
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

some spurs fans complaining about the officiating?

I don't want to continue to say things about the refs. but i just couldn't ignore it, even with the win. i am still a fireball of emotions right now. ecstatic, and pissed off. this happiness could have been ripped from me unfairly, and that's what makes me angry.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:01 PM   #1038
Obi Wan Ginobili

Obi Wan Ginobili is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig

On the Spurs report:

I'm just saying.
That was before some of your mavs friends came thru and redeemed the city of Dallas in my eyes. I am a long time Mav fan from Blackman/harper days, but what i saw from everyone really got to me.

I have since been shown by drbio and many others that the REAL spirit of Dallas class is alive and well. I havent lost my city afterall.
Obi Wan Ginobili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:04 PM   #1039
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

Avery has to get some props for saving Diop until the end like he did... I can't think of any reason why he did it... But Diop certainly propelled the Mavs to victory in OT. I wish someone asked Avery about it during the press conference...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #1040
Obi Wan Ginobili

Obi Wan Ginobili is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig

On the Spurs report:

I'm just saying.
Also, the antics of that prick, Cuban tainted my feelings. I still think he is scum of the earth, but he is not a player or fan, and i shouldnt have held that against either. My many Mav buddies pointed that out to me in no uncertain terms... they hate him too.

So, ignoring him as best I can, i can now cheer for my former team and city.

Truely, best of luck.
Obi Wan Ginobili is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic threads