Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #1001
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Initially, I thought the person Molly was referring to whom she couldn't locate was actually Peter and Nathan's mom lol. I do believe she does have some sort of power. She hasn't used it for whatever reason but I believe her powers are probably stronger then Nathan and Peters.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #1002
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think we're going to see a lot less of most of the characters next season anyway.

I don't know if this is considered a spoiler or not but I do remember hearing something about next season revolving around some of the older heroes like Nathan's and Peter's mom and I guess Hiro's dad.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #1003
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

You guys might want to go check out the new graphic novel at nbc.com/heroes
Old 05-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #1004
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
You guys might want to go check out the new graphic novel at nbc.com/heroes
post a link...sucker.

very disappointing episode last night....just totally boring.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #1005
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
post a link...sucker.

very disappointing episode last night....just totally boring.
Boring???

You are one strange alien.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:11 PM   #1006
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Boring???

You are one strange alien.
everything happened so TOTALLY by the book....I could have pretty much guessed most of it.

Sylar went down like a punk...there is no great showdown of any kind...DL isn't dead...none of the main characters died except Nathan (yawn) and the final confrontation seemed so rushed and weak that they made me think they couldn't wait to get past it....

Go to your husband he needs you (to stand next to him?) I have a better idea, why not we both use your huge strength and punch the snot out of him? Oh well, this show is no LOST...I was just hoping it could come up with something better...I'm not sure why though...since for the most part this show is just a bunch of stolen ideas from Marvel comics...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #1007
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
everything happened so TOTALLY by the book....I could have pretty much guessed most of it.

Sylar went down like a punk...there is no great showdown of any kind...DL isn't dead...none of the main characters died except Nathan (yawn) and the final confrontation seemed so rushed and weak that they made me think they couldn't wait to get past it....

Go to your husband he needs you (to stand next to him?) I have a better idea, why not we both use your huge strength and punch the snot out of him? Oh well, this show is no LOST...I was just hoping it could come up with something better...I'm not sure why though...since for the most part this show is just a bunch of stolen ideas from Marvel comics...
Sike, next time I need you to open up and tell us how you really feel....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #1008
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Sike, next time I need you to open up and tell us how you really feel....
I love you?

Old 05-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #1009
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I love you?
Um...panick

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #1010
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Um...panick
panic?

Old 05-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #1011
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
panic?
Yes, that too.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #1012
sike
The Preacha

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jthig32 again.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #1013
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sike again.

This show is interesting. But Lost it isn't. Most of my issues with the ending have been brought up here. But you know, that's the thing about serial dramas... they never satisfy you totally and the end game never turns out the way you want it to. You always want something spectacular but end up with something ordinary. For example, Alias.... but I digress.

This season everything seemed so worked out and well written and then the ending seemed to be pieced together clumsily like it was rushed or something.

One thing I noticed, the haitian guy supposedly stops the powers from happening. In the opening "previously on Heroes" thing they showed a part where Noah(we have his name!) and takeawaypowersandthoughtsdude were standing with Nathan when all of a sudden he took off. So does TAPATD only do that when he wants to?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #1014
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sike again.

This show is interesting. But Lost it isn't. Most of my issues with the ending have been brought up here. But you know, that's the thing about serial dramas... they never satisfy you totally and the end game never turns out the way you want it to. You always want something spectacular but end up with something ordinary. For example, Alias.... but I digress.

This season everything seemed so worked out and well written and then the ending seemed to be pieced together clumsily like it was rushed or something.

One thing I noticed, the haitian guy supposedly stops the powers from happening. In the opening "previously on Heroes" thing they showed a part where Noah(we have his name!) and takeawaypowersandthoughtsdude were standing with Nathan when all of a sudden he took off. So does TAPATD only do that when he wants to?
You know, I've seen that scene many times in the intros, and last night was the first time I thought of that as well. Weird.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #1015
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

One serial drama that is a glaring exception to the type I mentioned above? Six Feet Under.

(sorry, off topic)
Old 05-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #1016
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This is a long read:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...m.cgi?id=10616

But it's good Q&A with the writers. Some pretty good indications about some things and next season in there.

The Haitian as I understand it, has to be making a conscious effort to use his powers.

And for those complaining....at least we have resolution to the plot of the season. The fight was a little lame, I'll give you that. I think it was important to them that they had all their Heroes there that they started out the season with participating. This made it clunky.

They should've had only Peter and Sylar doing wicked stuff to eachother. But oh well.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:08 PM   #1017
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

either the haitian has to be actively using his powers (likely), or maybe he only affects powers that are mental in nature (telepathy, telekinesis, Hiro's time travel - those are the only ones we've actually seen him affect, if i recall).
Old 05-23-2007, 06:43 AM   #1018
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

why would the haitians powers always be on?
Are anyone elses?

But why wouldn't he have been using them there? Maybe he couldn't, maybe he has to know the other person's power first, and wasn't sure about Nathan's? Maybe Nathan took off too fast? Maybe, maybe, maybe.

- another failure to explain why someone didn't use their powers.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #1019
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Are anyone elses?

But why wouldn't he have been using them there? Maybe he couldn't, maybe he has to know the other person's power first, and wasn't sure about Nathan's? Maybe Nathan took off too fast? Maybe, maybe, maybe.

did they know Nathan had powers?

Old 05-23-2007, 11:04 AM   #1020
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
did they know Nathan had powers?
That's what I was wondering. I'm trying to remember that sequence. I might need to go watch that episode again.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #1021
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

weren't they working for Linderman? Why would Linderman set up the kidnapping, but not give his men the information needed to carry it out?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #1022
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Are anyone elses?

That meeting as a whole is sort of outside the continuity of what we now know the story to be. linderman was at the top of this so called "company" and we know that Grandma Petrelli is heavily connected to him and seemingly everything else...

So then why would the company kidnap Nathan to insert the tracking isotopes into him? His mother knew what was going on...plus he was never really going to be a hard person to find now was he?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #1023
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
That's what I was wondering. I'm trying to remember that sequence. I might need to go watch that episode again.
for some reason I don't think they knew...

Old 06-23-2007, 04:55 AM   #1024
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

pictures from the set...

http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2456

maybe you don't want to see it...
it's about HRGG and his daughter and well... I'm sorry, but it's just really really farked up.

Last edited by Pongo; 06-23-2007 at 04:55 AM.
Pongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #1025
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.jonnydigital.com/countdow...den-panettiere

maybe HRG is getting started early.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #1026
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo
pictures from the set...

http://wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2456

maybe you don't want to see it...
it's about HRGG and his daughter and well... I'm sorry, but it's just really really farked up.
I don't wanna believe this. I really really really don't wanna believe this.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:03 AM   #1027
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBvCrSjpx9I

Real life heroes =/

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:45 PM   #1028
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

I can't be the only one pissed out of my mind that Heroes was nominated for the Best Drama Emmy, but Lost wasn't.

Might as well give Heroes an award for Best Cliffhanger as well. Jesus Christ...
Old 08-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #1029
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Holy freaking crap.

Those last angles they show on the video make it look even worse. That is crazy. I'm sure he had some internal injury of some sort.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #1030
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
I don't wanna believe this. I really really really don't wanna believe this.
this has to be just a bad angle...

Old 08-11-2007, 01:09 AM   #1031
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I re-watched the Finale tonight.

It definitely grew my interest again. After watching 3 seasons of LOST this summer, I considered this show second rate.

But I was wrong. To compare the two, is folly. they are different kind of shows.

That being said....Heroes in 6+ weeks baby!!!!

I heart this show, still.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:57 AM   #1032
sike
The Preacha

they ARE different kind of shows...one show is beautifully written, directed, and acted...while the other is basically a mismash of just about every marvel comic ever written...and not nearly as well written, acted, or produced.

that being said, I can't wait for Heroes to be back....I am that big of a comic nerd.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #1033
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I re-watched the Finale tonight.

It definitely grew my interest again. After watching 3 seasons of LOST this summer, I considered this show second rate.

But I was wrong. To compare the two, is folly. they are different kind of shows.

That being said....Heroes in 6+ weeks baby!!!!

I heart this show, still.
Heroes in 6 weeks...Lost in half a year =[[[

I'm still wondering why the crap Hiro is in ancient Japan.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #1034
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

...Please don't tell me that some of you actually enjoyed that finale.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:06 PM   #1035
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Heroes in 6 weeks...Lost in half a year =[[[

I'm still wondering why the crap Hiro is in ancient Japan.
You saw Hiro of the future...... he's got awesome sword skills...... he must have learnt that somewhere

Last edited by bernardos70; 08-13-2007 at 01:22 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #1036
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

The 1st season comes to dvd on the last tuesday of the month.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #1037
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
...Please don't tell me that some of you actually enjoyed that finale.
consider this a hardy "nay"

Old 09-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #1038
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I keep seeing previews for season 2. I can't wait anymore.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #1039
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I keep seeing previews for season 2. I can't wait anymore.
Soon. Very soon....

And I get to enjoy in HD this year. Speaking of which, do they have any new hot chicks on the show this season ?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #1040
sike
The Preacha

when is the season 2 debut?