Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #1001
justvisitingsixerfan

justvisitingsixerfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Great first post. Welcome to the forum.

Thank you sir....Why is it that ALL the people in Texas are so nice ?...and all the people..( Well maybe not all )..in Philadelphia are so MEAN!!
justvisitingsixerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2015, 04:41 PM   #1002
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by justvisitingsixerfan View Post
Thank you sir....Why is it that ALL the people in Texas are so nice ?...and all the people..( Well maybe not all )..in Philadelphia are so MEAN!!
Might be a culture thing. Not sure. Never visited there.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #1003
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hello there Mav fans I am new here. I am a Sixer fan, so PLEASE...don't hold that against me okay ? ( LOL )

When this trade went down, I was the only person on another message board that said this was a horrible fit for Rondo. The Mavs team was cruising at the time. Averaging like 111pts a game for the season. And Rondo's style has totally clashed with the Mavs style of rotating the ball, and never keeping it too long in any one players hands.

Well it's not that Rondo is not talented...he is. But, is he really a fit here for the next 5 years ? And, if re-signed, does that maybe convince Ellis to not wanna sign back in Dallas ? Just wondering. Anyways, HELLO to all my NEW Texas Brothers & sisters.
Welcome.

But, why were the Mavs cruising? Because they played an easy schedule against bad teams (Sixers may fit in there ). Against good teams they had no shot and needed a change at the PG position. Rondo was available and the Mavs pulled the trigger.

P.S.: Somehow i get the feeling something like that was posted in this forum already, but not sure.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:49 PM   #1004
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

I think Darren Collison would have been a better fit on our current team than Rondo. (I'm not saying we should've tried to get him back, just putting this out there)
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #1005
justvisitingsixerfan

Quote:
Might be a culture thing. Not sure. Never visited there.

Well, what can you expect from fans who throw snowballs at....SANTA ??
Old 02-25-2015, 04:55 PM   #1006
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
"Not the first time, not the last time. It'll happen again. It's not just Rajon. It's a long season. In my 15 years, I've seen it happen more times than I can count, and we survive every time, except when it coms to Antoine Walker, Antawn Jamison, or Lamar Odom" --Mark Cuban
Fixed
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:06 PM   #1007
justvisitingsixerfan

So, are you fans suggesting that Dallas bring back Rondo at what will be at least a new deal starting at 13 million for 5 years ? And at the risk of outright losing Monta Ellis for nothing ?
Old 02-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #1008
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, are you fans suggesting that Dallas bring back Rondo at what will be at least a new deal starting at 13 million for 5 years ? And at the risk of outright losing Monta Ellis for nothing ?
No freaking way unless he takes a HUGE step forward in the next 20 games.

Right now? Dude is suspended. Hard to even think about how much he'll get when he's not even out there.
Old 02-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #1009
bvbull200

bvbull200 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The most rational response to that question is this:

It is far too early to make a definitive decision on Rondo's future with the Mavs. He was brought in to help this team beat the best in the West or, more specifically, give the Mavs a chance in the playoffs. If the Rondo move doesn't translate to playoff success, then he goes. If it does (and it very well still could), then you re-sign him.

No rational answer that is "yes" or "no" can be provided at this point.
bvbull200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:25 PM   #1010
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We have Bird rights to both of them so their FAs are unrelated to each other.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:26 PM   #1011
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tim MacMahon @espn_macmahon
Follow

Per sources, Rajon Rondo and Rick Carlisle had another heated exchange in the Mavs' locker room after last night's win.
Yeah thats awesome...
Old 02-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #1012
justvisitingsixerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvbull200 View Post
The most rational response to that question is this:

It is far too early to make a definitive decision on Rondo's future with the Mavs. He was brought in to help this team beat the best in the West or, more specifically, give the Mavs a chance in the playoffs. If the Rondo move doesn't translate to playoff success, then he goes. If it does (and it very well still could), then you re-sign him.

No rational answer that is "yes" or "no" can be provided at this point.

Fair enough sir. Thanks for your response sir. However, if the Mavs do not play well, and exit early in the playoffs....might I suggest a POSSIBLE Trade Involving Rondo ?
Old 02-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #1013
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Yeah thats awesome...
As an ever vigilant optimist I have to believe Rondo isn't an idiot. That he has to know if he wants big money next year from anyone he has to be on the court and has to fall in line to do so. I'm not sure that even the Lakers with Kobe in their ear would pay him much without some kind of team option termination type deal to get out of the contract if his ego can't get out of his own way. My optimism has it's limits as long as he's not even on the court though.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:44 PM   #1014
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fair enough sir. Thanks for your response sir. However, if the Mavs do not play well, and exit early in the playoffs....might I suggest a POSSIBLE Trade Involving Rondo ?
Rondo is a free agent this summer, so no.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #1015
justvisitingsixerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Rondo is a free agent this summer, so no.

I know that. But, he knows that no other team can offer him that 5th year on a new deal other then the Mavs. And if Rondo truly wants that 5th year on a new deal, he will agree to a sign & trade. Now, I know that Rondo and Kobe have a great personal relationship. And Kobe wants Rondo in L.A. next season desperately. I also know that the Lakers could just use what will be their available Cap money to just outright sign Rondo.

However as stated, if they do that, Rondo can only sign for 4 years, not 5. It also would take away most of the Lakers free agent spending money. Now, since I still feel that Kobe has a lot of say so and power over Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak, I know Kobe has no real desire to play along side a team of totally new Raw rookies. So what about this.....

Dallas re-signs Rondo, at say a new 5 year deal starting at 13 million dollars, and trades him to the Lakers for " Jordan Hill " and " Julius Randle " ?

Hill has one year left on a team option at 9 million next year, which I believe gets locked in if he is traded. But still, it's not like it would be a long term deal for the Mavs to have to absorb Then they get back Julius Randle. And even though I know a lot of people might say why would the Lakers do this, well as stated...Kobe does not wanna play with Raw rookies, but rather seasoned Vets in this his last season, or maybe he will play 2 more seasons.

In this above trade, it would save the Lakers Cap space cause they would be exiting around 13 million in Hill & Randle for Rondo's first year deal at 13 million. There by allowing a POSSIBLE offer to.....L.A. product Kevin Love to return to the city he Loves...( No pun Intended )...that would give the Lakers a core of Kobe-Rondo and Love, and whoever they draft in the top-5 this draft.

And Dallas gets to save some face from trading for Rondo in the first place, and gets something for him, instead of him just leaving outright. And correct me if I am wrong but...Isn't Julius Randle a Dallas Home Boy ? I can only Imagine how excited he would be to come home to his Home town Dallas Mavrick team. Personally fans...I think this is not only a very realistic possibility, but a fair trade all the way around.

Last edited by justvisitingsixerfan; 02-25-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:16 PM   #1016
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Any off season speculation regarding Rondo at this point is way too early. Might as well say maybe we can sign Andrew Wiggins when he becomes a free agent.

The way I see this is that two extreme competitors had a pissing match and order needs to be established. Rondo is a head case plain and simple. But he is also one of the few competitors in the league that truly wants to win so badly he's willing to yell at his coach.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:19 PM   #1017
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I see a potential sign and trade for Jeremy Lin happening after this season. Good riddance to Rondo. I wanted to like him, but I'm eager for him to get out of Dallas.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:22 PM   #1018
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dallas re-signs Rondo, at say a new 5 year deal starting at 13 million dollars, and trades him to the Lakers for " Jordan Hill " and " Julius Randle " ?

Hill has one year left on a team option at 9 million next year, which I believe gets locked in if he is traded. But still, it's not like it would be a long term deal for the Mavs to have to absorb Then they get back Julius Randle. And even though I know a lot of people might say why would the Lakers do this, well as stated...Kobe does not wanna play with Raw rookies, but rather seasoned Vets in this his last season, or maybe he will play 2 more seasons.
1 more year for rondo isn't going to be worth hill and randle to the lakers. And it's only worth hill if they don't want his contract. He's a free agent so if he isn't staying in dallas the only thing dallas would get in a possible sign and trade scenario is something the other team doesn't want and we do.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #1019
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I see a potential sign and trade for Jeremy Lin happening after this season. Good riddance to Rondo. I wanted to like him, but I'm eager for him to get out of Dallas.
Lin and Rondo are both UFA and both teams would have the cap space to sign the other player (Lin wont get more than 5-6m).
Old 02-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #1020
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

sefant77, I thought in order to get the 5th year the Mavs would have to sign him first. Same goes with Lin.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:35 PM   #1021
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Jeremy Lin is terrible now...
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #1022
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
sefant77, I thought in order to get the 5th year the Mavs would have to sign him first. Same goes with Lin.
Pretty sure the Lakers dont wanna give Rondo five years and neither the Mavs Lin
Old 02-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #1023
justvisitingsixerfan

I know the Lakers can just try to sign Rondo, but I respectfully disagree about them wanting to trade for Rondo. Like I said, a sign & trade where the Lakers give up near 13 million to get Rondo saves them their Cap money. As where just signing him outright does not. Yes they would keep Randle in such a move. But a still unproven Randle with Kobe and Rondo is not as good as a Rondo and Kobe team with perhaps Kevin Love, and whoever else they could sign with their remaining Cap space. Laker fans might like Randle, and wanna keep him. But I assure you Kobe would rather deal him away for Rondo in a trade, and still have the free agent spending money to use.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #1024
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
My feeling is that, barring anything awful that we haven't seen yet, the way to go this summer is to let Ellis walk (or trade him if he opts in) and try to get a quality two-way (3pt competent) shooting guard to stick next to Rondo. I think that fixes a lot of what ails this offense.
I'd say the odds of the Mavs choosing Rondo over Ellis currently sit at 0%.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #1025
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
I know the Lakers can just try to sign Rondo, but I respectfully disagree about them wanting to trade for Rondo. Like I said, a sign & trade where the Lakers give up near 13 million to get Rondo saves them their Cap money. As where just signing him outright does not. Yes they would keep Randle in such a move. But a still unproven Randle with Kobe and Rondo is not as good as a Rondo and Kobe team with perhaps Kevin Love, and whoever else they could sign with their remaining Cap space. Laker fans might like Randle, and wanna keep him. But I assure you Kobe would rather deal him away for Rondo in a trade, and still have the free agent spending money to use.
Boston offered Rondo to Lakers for Randle and Lakers said no. This was after Randle went down with an injury. No way Randle is in any rondo trade when he is an UFA. If they want something to win now he can be moved for an additional piece. Just like if they wanted Hill's salary off there are several teams who they could work a deal with separately.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #1026
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I won't post all the tweets, but EKS must have interviewed Carlisle on the Rondo situation.

https://twitter.com/EarlKSneed
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #1027
blankie123

blankie123 is on a distinguished road

the Celtics and Lakers are rebuilding teams. the Celtics got rid of Rondo to develop freakin Marcus Smart. the Lakers are the last team that wants Rondo at this point especially after Kupchak said that they're not going to build around Kobe's last year
blankie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:51 PM   #1028
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Jeremy Lin is terrible now...
I'd still take Lin over Rondo. Lin has never been as good as Rondo has been at the best moments of his career, but right now I'd definitely take Lin over Rondo. And Kobe wants Rondo in L.A. They Lakers can certainly sign him for 4 years, but Rondo needs to look out for himself first and get his 5 years.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:11 PM   #1029
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I'd still take Lin over Rondo. Lin has never been as good as Rondo has been at the best moments of his career, but right now I'd definitely take Lin over Rondo. And Kobe wants Rondo in L.A. They Lakers can certainly sign him for 4 years, but Rondo needs to look out for himself first and get his 5 years.
seriously? All the defense of Steve Nash. All of the ineptitude of Felton. All of the lack of listening of Rondo? You have yourself a winner there.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #1030
MaverickGold

MaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of light

Loved Rick's talk about Rondo before the game. Perfect response and position on it.

"The incident last night was more of....in large part from poor communication between him and I, and that's on both of us. We had a long talk about the situation today...and we both agreed that we need to communicate more frequently, and we need to work on the solution for making his stint as a Dallas Maverick the most successful one possible."
MaverickGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:47 PM   #1031
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Tried to find an article about Rondo's personality.

This one is interesting: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...xing-superstar

Kind of a mixed bag. Not a bad guy, but teammates hate him? hmmm... Ray Allen hated him so much, he didn't want to sign with the Celtics? Doc Rivers wanted to leave the Celtics because of him? What's wrong with this dude, really. Just play ball and get along with your teammates and coaches.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:27 PM   #1032
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
Tried to find an article about Rondo's personality.

This one is interesting: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...xing-superstar

Kind of a mixed bag. Not a bad guy, but teammates hate him? hmmm... Ray Allen hated him so much, he didn't want to sign with the Celtics? Doc Rivers wanted to leave the Celtics because of him? What's wrong with this dude, really. Just play ball and get along with your teammates and coaches.
He's a headcase. Maybe grew up in troublesome areas. Whatever it is, not a fun person to be around.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #1033
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Whatever it is, not a fun person to be around.
So how much time you spent around Rondo allready?

If its "zero" then pls gtfo

Last edited by sefant77; 02-25-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:50 PM   #1034
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'd say the odds of the Mavs choosing Rondo over Ellis currently sit at 0%.
I agree... they WON'T pick Rondo over Ellis but I think they absolutely SHOULD.

Quote:
Rondo can't get the extra 5th year as part of a sign-and-trade. My guess is, if the Mavs elect to keep Rondo, they give him a contract very similar, years and money-wise, to Parsons'. Shorter in length but still a lot of money.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:56 PM   #1035
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
So how much time you spent around Rondo allready?

If its "zero" then pls gtfo
I think there is more than enough evidence to show Rondo's character. But I guess you can ignore it if you want.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:02 AM   #1036
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I agree... they WON'T pick Rondo over Ellis but I think they SHOULD.
Please explain to me why you think the Mavs should get rid of their best or 2nd-best player to give a near-max deal to a guard having one of the worst efficiency seasons in league history coming off another bad season coming off a season where he tore his ACL. Please help me understand your point of view. It boggles my mind that anyone can hold this viewpoint who's not in Rondo's immediate family. I disagree with the people who think Rondo's a better point guard for this team than Devin Harris, but at least I understand them. Can't imagine why anyone would prefer Rondo to Ellis who's paid any attention to the Mavs this year whatsoever.

Last edited by iggymcfly; 02-26-2015 at 12:03 AM.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:13 AM   #1037
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
Please explain to me why you think the Mavs should get rid of their best or 2nd-best player to give a near-max deal to a guard having one of the worst efficiency seasons in league history coming off another bad season coming off a season where he tore his ACL. Please help me understand your point of view. It boggles my mind that anyone can hold this viewpoint who's not in Rondo's immediate family. I disagree with the people who think Rondo's a better point guard for this team than Devin Harris, but at least I understand them. Can't imagine why anyone would prefer Rondo to Ellis who's paid any attention to the Mavs this year whatsoever.
100% agree.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 AM   #1038
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll admit 100% that Rondo, especially offensively, fails the eye test, and he fails it hard. But I love how his presence has caused everyone on the roster to up their game defensively. I think with one or two roster tweaks, the Rondo/Dirk/Tyson core is a contender.

The reasons I would rather give him say, 3yrs/$48M over giving Ellis 5yrs/$80M are (A) spending less on Rondo gives us a better opportunity to bring back both of Aminu/Amar'e. I suspect both guys will be candidates to get the MLE or more if they want it. I don't assume either guy (or, frankly, Rondo or Ellis) gives the Mavs a discount this summer. And (B) I think you have a lot of options on the trade/free agent market to find a better fit at SG. Ellis, in a vacuum, is one of the 30-35 best players in the NBA, but I wouldn't commit to him long-term unless I knew I could put the right complementary pieces around him. And it's going to be hard to do that without making at least two changes to the starting lineup that address both Monta's need to have the ball in his hands a lot AND his pretty glaring deficiencies on defense. I think either a B- shooter/B+ defender or an A- shooter/B- defender type of guy at shooting guard, next to Rondo/Parsons/Dirk/Tyson, is a better bet at a deep playoff run than (FA or available trade target)/Ellis/Parsons/Dirk/Tyson with a slightly worse bench.

Honestly, a huge part of this for me is, if we trade (LOL, with successful S&Ts happening rarely with high-ticket players these days) Rondo or let him walk, the number of options at point guard is not good at all.

Maybe Ellis opts in this summer (which I think is slightly above 50/50 at this point) and we can put all of this talk on hold for a year. I don't know what he'll do. But I do think we can agree that a starting backcourt with Ellis/Rondo is not going to get the job done.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:09 AM   #1039
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you!!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 01:34 AM   #1040
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

did tim macmahon know something other people do not know:

"The reality is Rondo's run with the Mavs is extremely unlikely to extend past this season."

it is not maybe, possible, or probable, but "extremely unlikely"; and it is not i think, i guess, or i believe, but "the reality is"...
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat