Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #1001
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
The point of amnestying Haywood is to get cap space, there are other interesting free agents available other than DWILL/Dwight and it will make it easier to trade.
You don't free up the cap space until you KNOW that you're signing those guys.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-09-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #1002
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLove22 View Post
difference is, Dirk is coordinated.
So....if I'm getting this right, you think a 32-year-old Haywood is declining and a 33-year-old Nowitzki is not because Dirk started off the better player?

I'm not sure that's an argument against my point that neither one is a speed/athleticism player at their core. That was my only comparison.

And I'm not sure you can really say that Haywood is declining at 32. He's definitely not a top 5 or even top 10 center, but he's solid and he's probably better than we could pick up for the MLE-- particularly if its the smaller MLE of teams over the cap. If clearing Haywood gets you a better player or helps address a more dire need, then you do it. Otherwise, its not like our center position is swimming with talent.

Ian can be good offensively but plays hesitant and can be downright terrible defensively (expiring).
Wright is talented but undersized. He just can't play PF because he doesnt have a mid-range game (team option)
Williams is talented and also undersized but raw and hasnt gotten much PT. (expiring)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-09-2012 at 01:19 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #1003
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Even if we do get only DWILL I would amnesty Haywood I know he is having a pretty good year but old centers with little to no athletic ability do not age well.
We have enough room to sign DWill only without amnestying Haywood. You don't make that commitment unless you get a commitment elsewhere. GSW screwed that up so bad this past offseason. Why go after a restricted free agent in DeAndre Jordan and only give him a below market value deal of 4-40. Plus they didn't want to amnesty Biedrins because "they weren't sure about LA matching." Freaking idiots. But they wanted to show they were aggressive. You can't commit unless it's a sure thing. They amnestied Charlie Bell's 4.1 expiring to give Jordan an offer sheet. Now they're straddled with David Lee's 4 year 50 million and an even more useless Biedrins 3 year 33 million. Dallas is in a good spot again next summer, I mean if one doesn't come, that's fine, one year contracts all around, keep the amnesty in your back pocket, and go hunting in 2013, where Cuban predicts a major correction in player contracts due to the new tax penalties due to kick in.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #1004
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
So....if I'm getting this right, you think a 32-year-old Haywood is declining and a 33-year-old Nowitzki is not because Dirk started off the better player?

I'm not sure that's an argument against my point that neither one is a speed/athleticism player at their core. That was my only comparison.

And I'm not sure you can really say that Haywood is declining at 32. He's definitely not a top 5 or even top 10 center, but he's solid and he's probably better than we could pick up for the MLE-- particularly if its the smaller MLE of teams over the cap.
Haywood actually frees up Dirk from helping on the boards. Wood is big enough to block out a player, possibly 2 while cleaning the boards. I dont' think the guy is declining. He is what he is, a big man with good feet, a veteran of the game, knows the techniques and gets the job done. I think he has 2 good years as a solid pivot in this league left.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #1005
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious what people would do if Dwight/Deron weren't an option.

Every strategy I've heard involves us cleaning house to make cap room. What is plan B?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #1006
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:

Every strategy I've heard involves us cleaning house to make cap room. What is plan B?
Well, you don't clean house until they commit. Until they commit you hang onto your players, Marion, Wood....unless a trade favors you in terms of talent and contractually. So if neither D's are in the cards. We'll have several options, buy another year with the current crew. Cash out on some or all, make a trade, like the Odom deal to fill the cap space we will have. You will still have cap space to do some things, first question, offer Jet a 10-12 million one year deal? That's probably #1 on the Plan B List. I can also see us, going after Nash and signing up Kidd to a minimum. Packaging Marion with Boobs is another option to pick up another big body or wing defender type. I don't know what the Mavs plan B is, but from the Cuban comments about Market Correction happening in 2013, keeping status quo might be what he's planning if anything short of Triple D. Means a resigned Terry, Kidd at 1 year, possibly picking up Odom's option, but I heard that his option might have to be picked up really early in the process, before any of the D's can commit possibly, so Odom might be out due to timing.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #1007
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

get younger!! sign a SG. i wouldnt mind going after mcgee and eric gordon. amnesty haywood, and then using the rest of cash for fillers on the bench.

kidd?
eric gordon
marion
dirk
mcgee

west, roddy, wright, mahimi, stevenson?, darrell arthur? etc

my plan C would be a healthy brook lopez/ eric gordon. or brook lopez/steve nash

Last edited by clutch#41; 03-09-2012 at 02:44 PM.
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #1008
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Still have cap room and start over with that space. They can sign some free agents and work through trades.
How did the front office assemble the pieces leading up to last season? They got the pieces they wanted via trade and absorbed pieces to help facilitate that. They can easily do that again this time around. It'll be easier in the process because they'll have the actual space to absorb it.

You may dislike the end result, but acquiring Lamar Odom is a good example of the Mavs being opportunistic and not just panicking. Everyone was saying that the team was absolutely screwed by getting nothing in return for Chandler. Just a few hours later, something popped up and the team jumped on it. Things can change in a split second. If you have resources and a gameplan, then you're ready to run from the start.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #1009
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Still have cap room and start over with that space. They can sign some free agents and work through trades.
How did the front office assemble the pieces leading up to last season? They got the pieces they wanted via trade and absorbed pieces to help facilitate that. They can easily do that again this time around. It'll be easier in the process because they'll have the actual space to absorb it.

You may dislike the end result, but acquiring Lamar Odom is a good example of the Mavs being opportunistic and not just panicking. Everyone was saying that the team was absolutely screwed by getting nothing in return for Chandler. Just a few hours later, something popped up and the team jumped on it. Things can change in a split second. If you have resources and a gameplan, then you're ready to run from the start.
Exactly.

We'll ALWAYS have flexible options to keep contending as long as opportunists like Cubes and Donnie are running the show - those two seem to be getting smarter every season, even with a new CBA stacked against their preferred way of doing business (throwing money at it).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #1010
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:

Yea, same thing with Chandler, Damp Chip was all set to bring in something like JJ, Lebron, Bosh.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #1011
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

4 more days till the deadline... Orlando remains unwilling to trade Dwight.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #1012
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

3 days... (when) will the first domino fall?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #1013
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:

I think we'll definitely have a better team next year (on paper at least) i'm sure Cuban will make competitive moves, until Dirk is a Mav, that's the only way. There are options out there if strike out on Deron and Dwight. I hope we don't offer the max to Gordon though, same with Hibbert. I would love to finally get Gerald Wallace though, or Batum if for some reason Portland would go with Wallace. OJ Mayo another possibility i think.

Maybe Granger? It seems like Paul George has star potential, they may let Granger go this summer. Anyway, i'm sure Cuban will find a way to put together a deep, competitive roster either way. We need a starting PG, that's for sure, and a SG would also be nice. Gotta revamp that back court, that should be the number one priority.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 03-12-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:42 AM   #1014
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I would be very surprised to see cubes offer the max to any non-superstar player. From what I've gleaned he expects a pretty sizable correction the next few years. Only superstars would be worth market-max even.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #1015
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

Chris Mannix ‏ @ChrisMannixSI

quote:Bulls/Dwight Howard is just not a match. I'm told unequivocally Howard is not interested in signing there. As nuts as it sounds, rival executives say they believe Orlando will hold onto Howard after the trade deadline. Howard's camp thinks so too. I'm told Howard prefers going to free agency. Doesn't want a team he is traded to gutted just to get him. If Howard goes to free agency, throw out the three-team (Dallas, NJ, LAL) list. It's open season for bidding. LeBron, part II. Two teams sources say tell SI Howard will have interest in: Clippers and Miami. There are cap issues, but the interest is real.

Unreal...This won't happen, but if it did all I could do is LOL. This would make the league a joke...

Last edited by DTownKidd; 03-12-2012 at 11:50 AM.
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #1016
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

I call total bs on this one. Howard said he wouldn't play for Miami. If he changed his mind, and they trade Bosh for him... You can forget about it. But i don't think it would happen. July can't come sooner. (unless we stop being bad )

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 03-12-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #1017
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

They can't get a better deal than Griffen and filler for Howard, I don't see the heat trading any of the Big 3...at least until after this year (if they dont win it all). I also find it ridiculous that he won't consider playing with Chicago.

All this BS about wanting to be the main guy is so stupid, seeing as he is the man where he is!! But if it is the case then I guess he is NJ bound, where his team will be at best a top 4 in the east.
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #1018
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Jarrod N Rudolph‏@MisterRudolph

League sources have told me a Dwight Howard trade is not coming. Magic on the verge of blockbuster deal

interesting if Orlando does get a second tier star or steve nash type, would think he would think about signing the option.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #1019
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder if the Magic are now diving into their last ditch efforts to drive up the Nets' offer.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #1020
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTownKidd View Post
Chris Mannix ‏ @ChrisMannixSI

quote:Bulls/Dwight Howard is just not a match. I'm told unequivocally Howard is not interested in signing there. As nuts as it sounds, rival executives say they believe Orlando will hold onto Howard after the trade deadline. Howard's camp thinks so too. I'm told Howard prefers going to free agency. Doesn't want a team he is traded to gutted just to get him. If Howard goes to free agency, throw out the three-team (Dallas, NJ, LAL) list. It's open season for bidding. LeBron, part II. Two teams sources say tell SI Howard will have interest in: Clippers and Miami. There are cap issues, but the interest is real.

Unreal...This won't happen, but if it did all I could do is LOL. This would make the league a joke...
Agreed, what a joke, small market teams become viable, haha. Then again this whole rumors by Mannix, doesn't make any sense. So if he doesn't want to gut the team he's going to, why are the capped out Clippers and Heat interests Howard. Capped out teams won't have any chance, I mean we had the Damp chip and there was no interest from Bosh nor James' nor JJ's camp, no leverage at all to get a deal done.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #1021
Lestat_1795

Lestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to beholdLestat_1795 is a splendid one to behold

Chris Mannix makes no sense.
Mavs only chance was and still is Howard going to free agency.
Lestat_1795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #1022
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

If Howard goes to free agency, what would be the deciding factors between the Mavs and the Nets? I would imagine right now it would be easier to get to the Finals from the Western conference as opposed to the Eastern Conference. It's hard to see the Nets with Howard beating Chicago or Miami. I feel its much more plausible for the Triple D Mavs to win the west, especially with Harden/Ibaka approaching a payday. OKC might not be able to afford them after next year, which would give the Mavs a strong title window.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #1023
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...inge-on-dwight

Quote:
Bogut trade could hinge on Dwight

The Warriors are discussing ways to acquire center Andrew Bogut from Milwaukee as part of a complicated, three-team proposal that would send Monta Ellis to Orlando, multiple league sources told CBSSports.com.

The Warriors would get Bogut from the Bucks and send Ellis to Orlando as part of the Magic's efforts to persuade Dwight Howard that they are prepared to continue surrounding him with top-flight talent. The Magic are exploring multiple scenarios to upgrade their roster in the hopes that Howard would then relent on his strategy to opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

Howard remained noncommittal about his future plans Monday, despite the Magic's latest efforts to appease him, sources said. While it's unclear whether Orlando executives have set a hard deadline to get an answer from their star center, league sources believe the Magic need to get some direction from Howard by Wednesday or will move forward with the next phase of their strategy -- deciding whether to trade him or keep him beyond Thursday's trade deadline and hope he has a change of heart in the summer.

The Rockets also had been pursuing Bogut in what would've been a less complicated, two-deal deal with Milwaukee with many scenarios discussed. But a person involved in the discussions told CBSSports.com early Tuesday that Houston has backed away from the Bogut talks to pursue another deal. A second source said that deal did not involve Pau Gasol of the Lakers, whom the Rockets have been eyeing since their three-team trade sending Gasol to Houston and Chris Paul to the Lakers was rejected by commissioner David Stern, acting as owner of the New Orleans Hornets, in December.

Milwaukee also has discussed various trade scenarios with Washington for Bogut, but while that would be another acceptable destination to the 7-foot Australian, the Wizards' overtures thus far have been shot down. Washington, however, could re-enter the fray depending on how the complicated possibilities with Golden State, Orlando and Houston play out over the next 48 hours.

Efforts to engage the Warriors with the Bulls and Lakers in trade talks for Ellis have been unsuccessful, multiple sources said Monday. What the Bucks would receive in a three-team scenario with Golden State and Orlando is still under discussion -- as is what the Magic would surrender.

Bogut, 27, has been out since Jan. 25 with a fractured ankle but indications from doctors are that he could return for the postseason if he were on a playoff team. The Bucks (18-24) are tied with the Knicks for the eighth playoff spot in the East, a half-game ahead of Cleveland. It has been reported that Bogut has requested a trade, but neither Bogut nor his representatives have commented publicly on the matter.

The most difficult aspect of Bogut going to Golden State in the three-team scenario that would send Ellis to Orlando is Howard's apparent reluctance to commit one way or the other by Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline. Even if Howard decided he wanted to stay in Orlando, it's likely that he would opt out of his $19.5 million contract for next season anyway and test free agency, when he could get a five-year deal from Orlando as opposed to a four-year deal with one of his top two choices, the Nets or Mavericks.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #1024
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

would assume someone would have to take stephen jackson too
Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #1025
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

What would the Bucks get?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #1026
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
get younger!! sign a SG. i wouldnt mind going after mcgee and eric gordon. amnesty haywood, and then using the rest of cash for fillers on the bench.

kidd?
eric gordon
marion
dirk
mcgee

my plan C would be a healthy brook lopez/ eric gordon. or brook lopez/steve nash
AHHHHH anything but McGee haha. I want that man no where near the Mavs arena.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #1027
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post

kidd?
eric gordon
marion
dirk
mcgee

AHHHHH anything but McGee haha. I want that man no where near the Mavs arena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgSYA3Gb7oI

If that isn't enough...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=ml2SIuAKxN4#!

Last edited by OneLove22; 03-13-2012 at 02:08 AM.
OneLove22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #1028
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
What would the Bucks get?
I was also looking for this in the article. I am not familiar with the Bucks at all so what will they be looking for? They want to trade him, but it honestly just looks like they are trying to see if anyone will bite and then go from there.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #1029
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

One more day.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #1030
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...-list-revealed

Warriors owner Joe Lacob has no interest in sending Monta Ellis to Orlando to help the Magic keep Dwight Howard, wanting instead to preserve his own slim chances of landing the All-Star center, league sources told CBSSports.com Tuesday.

The Magic's attempt to put together a three-team deal that would've sent Ellis to Orlando and Andrew Bogut from Milwaukee to Golden State didn't pass muster with the Warriors' owner. The scenario was motivated by the Magic's ongoing efforts to appease Howard by acquiring a top-flight talent in the hopes that he stays.

Howard's representatives reiterated to teams inquiring about him in recent days that his No. 1 choice remains the Nets, and also revealed that he has a list of several players he'd like to play with, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday. Ellis, the Warriors' electrifying guard, is on the list, the person said. Nets point guard Deron Williams is presumed to be on it as well, though Howard's desire for new teammates is unclear beyond that.

It only added to the absurdity of the Howard sweepstakes after it was reported Tuesday that the Magic have promised to allow Howard to decide whether Magic GM Otis Smith and coach Stan Van Gundy would be retained after the season -- a preposterous notion that would completely undermine the organization's ability to navigate the decision of whether or not to trade him. Orlando executives are planning to explore upgrades to the roster that would satisfy Howard until Wednesday, at which point they will shift to the franchise-shaping decision of whether to trade their superstar by Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline or wait until the summer.

As for Bogut, who has not commented publicly on a reported trade request, the Warriors continue to pursue a trade for the 7-foot Australian outside of the three-team framework that would've involved Orlando. The Bucks also have spoken with the Wizards about Bogut, but the two sides "couldn't get the numbers to match up," a source said.

The Rockets have been informing teams that they're backing away from a potential deal for Bogut to pursue other avenues. It's a tactic they've used before, such as prior to the 2010 deal that sent Tracy McGrady to New York. But one person familiar with Houston's strategy said the Rockets don't want to jeopardize other deals while they wait for a decision from the Bucks. A trade for Bogut would be complicated because the Bucks would have to find a landing spot for Stephen Jackson and the $10 million he is owed next season

Last edited by MavsFTR; 03-13-2012 at 12:09 PM.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #1031
SchumiWDC

SchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to allSchumiWDC is a name known to all

IF this is true, I'm beginning to slowly dislike Dwight more and more...there is a certain player who was able to win a championship without any other All-Star caliber players around him...
SchumiWDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #1032
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

yea, it's one of those things, that there should be no list, no trade list, nothing. Why won't you sign an extension? No comment, just go out and play ball. it's all turning into a circus, similar to Lebron. Then again you look at how Cleveland has built itself with cap space and draft picks......Now the owner is so desperate he gave Howard free reign on next year's top basketball people?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #1033
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

What a weak whiner...

He wants to be a franchise player, but really is not.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #1034
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiWDC View Post
IF this is true, I'm beginning to slowly dislike Dwight more and more...there is a certain player who was able to win a championship without any other All-Star caliber players around him...
Dirk has us spoiled. All NBA talent, humble, works harder than anyone, 100% about the team, etc.. Nowadays if you can get a superstar and he isn't a total head case then you've done well. We just have to accept that no one will live up to the standard Dirk has set.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #1035
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

This is clearly heading the LeBron direction. With all the latest reports, the Magic are dumb keeping him.

Latest: Dwight Howard: He’s determined to join Nets, either now or later

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...s_trade_031312
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #1036
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I gotta say, all of this noise of him being "determined" to be a Net, and the Adidas thing are discouraging.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #1037
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I gotta say, all of this noise of him being "determined" to be a Net, and the Adidas thing are discouraging.
Was just gonna say the same. If Woj is accurate (and I'm sure he is), both the 3D thing and the Deron+Dirk thing are pretty unlikely....

Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #1038
Firnen

Firnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really niceFirnen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
This is clearly heading the LeBron direction. With all the latest reports, the Magic are dumb keeping him.

it's only that Woj guy who said that. This sucker is an incredible Nets homer. Think he even calls himself "Nets INSIDER"...
You don't remember him announcing that Melo to the NETS was a done deal last year? Don't trust any rumors... wait till the ink is dry
Firnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #1039
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post

This is bad for us. I would now like the LA scenario to happen..

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #1040
LonghornDub

As soon as I saw that Woj tweet, I was wondering, "How long until Fish has some sort of pro-Mavs spin piece up addressing this?"

Well, I can't read most of this since I don't pay, but I assume that's what his latest article posted 5 minutes ago is: http://mavericks.scout.com/a.z?s=268...80sZNM.twitter

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight