Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #1001
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
How am I whining? WTF?
Obviously you're not... some people are just on edge.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #1002
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Kurt Helin

Changing moratorium has to be collectively bargained. Would require union to buy in. Union president is Chris Paul.

Holy shit I didnt know that whiny bitch was union president.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #1003
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Anyone see the video of the crazy mavs fan sounding off? I dislike it and love it at the same time.

Very NSFW: "Deandre Jordan Rot in Hell"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MhD3YfnAsU
Pure gold

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:08 PM   #1004
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I laughed really goddamn hard when he called Griffin an "ugly carrot-looking motherfucker."
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #1005
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
We'd win a few more games, sure, but again, I think we'd be in pretty much the same boat. 37 year old Dirk, 33 year old Tyson, Parsons, and bunch of scrubs is hardly enough to be competitive in the West- remember, we only got Matthews because Jordan had already indicated that he would sign here.

The two scenarios (2011 and now) just aren't comparable- especially when you consider that the Mavs only let Chandler walk AFTER Jordan had already indicated that he was signing here.

I know we're all in a bad mood, but chill out with that. I'm not "making up" anything. It was an expression.
This isn't true. Tyson agreed to terms with Phoenix well before the Mavs knew what Jordan was going to do. If I remember correctly, they hadn't even met with Jordan yet aside from the dinner.

Last edited by FreshJive; 07-09-2015 at 02:42 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #1006
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
This isn't true. Tyson agreed to terms with Phoenix well before the Mavs knew what Jordan was going to do. If I remember correctly, they hadn't even met with Jordan yet aside from the dinner.
He hadn't verbally committed yet obviously, but my understanding of it was that they had already gotten strong signals from Jordan or his agent that he was interested in playing for Dallas.

Either way, it's totally beside the point. Chandler being here now would not make a damn bit of difference.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:55 PM   #1007
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Either way, it's totally beside the point. Chandler being here now would not make a damn bit of difference.
Unless you're counting the $52m we'd be paying him until he's 36...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 02:58 PM   #1008
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Unless you're counting the $52m we'd be paying him until he's 36...
Right. What a fool Cuban was not to pull that trigger.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:03 PM   #1009
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Obviously you're not... some people are just on edge.
Yeah, this fanbase his been through a lot. Let's just try not to take it out on each other. Hopefully we get some kind of positive news soon though.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #1010
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Broussard is such a fuckhead. He's still spitting that shit live on Espn2 that Cuban was texting people in DJ circle trying to get his address.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:15 PM   #1011
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Broussard is such a fuckhead. He's still spitting that shit live on Espn2 that Cuban was texting people in DJ circle trying to get his address.
I attacked him on Twitter today. I told him that it must suck to be best-known for being a punchline on social media. He's literally best know for being a hack at his job.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:18 PM   #1012
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
I attacked him on Twitter today. I told him that it must suck to be best-known for being a punchline on social media. He's literally best know for being a hack at his job.
It's been a blur but pretty sure I let him have it at some point. No shame on my twitter handle
Old 07-09-2015, 03:31 PM   #1013
EastTxMFFL

EastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really niceEastTxMFFL is just really nice

Broussard can eat a dick. If it isn't Wojo or Stein I don't believe it.
EastTxMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #1014
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

Is @DickCarlisle from twitter on this forum. He went absolutely HAM last night, and I loved every second of it.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #1015
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

The best part of Broussard and Cuban's scuffle is that Broussard was trying to defend his story, despite the fact that Stein and Woj were credibly reporting something completely different.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #1016
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Cuban ‏@mcuban 1 hour ago
@Chris_Broussard how about this. You post any proof I was calling/texting his friends asking anything I give 100k to charity of yr choice.
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #1017
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Mark Cuban ‏@mcuban 1 hour ago
@Chris_Broussard how about this. You post any proof I was calling/texting his friends asking anything I give 100k to charity of yr choice.
Little bitch Broussard
Old 07-09-2015, 04:03 PM   #1018
conjurer

conjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to allconjurer is a name known to all

I'm just looking forward to that lawsuit against Jordan and Clippers by Cuban. In Texas a verbal agreement is taken serious and not even Jordan's camp is denying that one existed between him an Cuban. This will be interesting...

Last edited by conjurer; 07-09-2015 at 04:04 PM.
conjurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #1019
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to really be pissed off check out Doc Rivers' comments today.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #1020
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I decided I don't want to be pissed off. I'm gonna pass.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:11 PM   #1021
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
What'd he say?

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Old 07-09-2015, 04:12 PM   #1022
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He hadn't verbally committed yet obviously, but my understanding of it was that they had already gotten strong signals from Jordan or his agent that he was interested in playing for Dallas.

Sure he was interested, but he hadn't even met with the Clippers yet. The Mavs chose to gamble on a shot at the big fish rather than sign Chandler. Much like the first time around.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #1023
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
What'd he say?
@latbbolch: Doc Rivers: "This summer I’ve been turned down more than a freshman kid at a college bar and I have yet to get a call from the actual player
Old 07-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #1024
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
What'd he say?
Basically said Jordan didn't owe Cuban a call, agents typically do it (even though the agent was locked out too), blah blah blah -- don't listen to the words coming out of the snake oil salesman's mouth.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #1025
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Sure he was interested, but he hadn't even met with the Clippers yet. The Mavs chose to gamble on a shot at the big fish rather than sign Chandler. Much like the first time around.
So, just so we're clear, are you saying that's not what the Mavs should have done? That they should have just signed Chandler immediately and not have even tried to get Jordan?

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-09-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:29 PM   #1026
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
So, just so we're clear, are you saying that's not what the Mavs should have done? That they should have just signed Chandler immediately and not have even tried to get Jordan?
I was for either Jordan or Aldridge, so I'm OK with the gamble. Donnie said in a radio interview that they had inside information very early that Aldridge was going to the Spurs, so that wasn't an option.

I can see the other side of the argument though. If you wanted to go the safe route and make sure that Dirk had a nice two years, then you don't risk losing Chandler. Now that they have lost the gamble, and their safety net, it's time to pull the plug on next season.

I was completely against letting Chandler walk the first time around btw. That's when Cuban did Dirk a real disservice.

Last edited by FreshJive; 07-09-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:45 PM   #1027
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Doc Rivers: "I've decided that I want to become a woman to steal Kaitlyn Jenner's thunder. My new name is Glenda Rivers. Jordan understood this about me and helped sway his decision."

-quote reported by Chris Broussard

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #1028
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Doc Rivers: "I've decided that I want to become a woman to steal Kaitlyn Jenner's thunder. My new name is Glenda Rivers. Jordan understood this about me and helped sway his decision."

-quote reported by Chris Broussard
Is this a fucking joke? I've never garnered this much hate for an entire organization.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #1029
Dnowit41

The Miami Heat, Clippers, Dwayne Wade, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher, Rajon Rondo, DeAndre Jordan. Forever hated. Who else am I missing?

Old 07-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #1030
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: Full transcript of my interview with Chandler Parsons: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...ng-that-we-can

Quote:
You felt you had a foundation in place with a dominant center you’d play with the rest of your career …

Parsons: “Let me cut you off there. Those were his words. Those were DeAndre Jordan’s words: ‘We’re going to retire together. Next place I go to, I’m going to retire in that city.’ So of course I thought that, because those were his words, not mine.”

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #1031
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@espn_macmahon: Full transcript of my interview with Chandler Parsons: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...ng-that-we-can
This... whole thing is quote-worthy.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:27 PM   #1032
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
This... whole thing is quote-worthy.
Yeah, Parsons is being very diplomatic, but you can tell DeAndre isn't getting a Christmas card this year...

Old 07-09-2015, 05:28 PM   #1033
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Goddamn, just brutal. Everything about this situation is just appalling. Not only that he reneged on his commitment, and not only refusing to even pick up the phone, but that he did it at the very last second, after the Mavs had already put all their eggs in his basket, and after the stunning degree that the Mavs wined and dined him and prostrated themselves to get him.

It's just fucking disgusting. And this is a huge embarrassment for the NBA, not just the Mavs. The "moratorium" period is a fucking joke.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #1034
Underdog

Quote:
The "moratorium" period is a f*cking joke.
Oh, I'm sure the moratorium will disappear -- just not in time to save our franchise.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:39 PM   #1035
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

We just maxed Matthews
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:46 PM   #1036
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
That is such an awesome interview. Just lay it out there like it is and everyone (at least Mavs fans) are feeling. I pretty much liked Chandler Parsons and felt like he could be a nice franchise player personally if not purely skill-wise, but now I'm really hoping he stays with us. I really like this dude.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:49 PM   #1037
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
That is such an awesome interview. Just lay it out there like it is and everyone (at least Mavs fans) are feeling. I pretty much liked Chandler Parsons and felt like he could be a nice franchise player personally if not purely skill-wise, but now I'm really hoping he stays with us. I really like this dude.
Me too. I get a lot of the "Jason Terry" vibe from him.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #1038
Melonhead
Guru

Holy shit did Parsons nail that interview with Tim. Fucking A. Just what us fans needed. Time to ride or die with Parsons
Old 07-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #1039
Underdog

Quote:
Me too. I get a lot of the "Jason Terry" vibe from him.
So you're saying there's a good chance Jordan gets punched in the nuts if he ever scrambles for a loose ball on the floor against Parsons?

Old 07-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #1040
Melonhead
Guru

Let me cut you off right there: THOSE WERE HIS WORDS

Tags
power bottom, still a bottom btch