Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #1001
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@BallinWithBryan: Cuban said the other day that he knows what he would do in Houston’s shoes but wouldn't answer. Today? “I would have matched."
Wow. Listened to that interview and figured his answer would have been the total opposite, guess I don't know Mark.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #1002
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@BallinWithBryan: Cuban said the other day that he knows what he would do in Houston’s shoes but wouldn't answer. Today? “I would have matched."
Talk about rubbing it in and being salesy. No need to say something like that except to needle Morey ha.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #1003
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

New Maverick Chandler Parsons takes offense to how Rockets treated him during free agency

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:32 PM   #1004
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Are we all sure bosh is a better player than parsons? Because I'm not
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #1005
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
That's what no one seems to be discussing! I mean, the playoff experience and two titles matter experience-wise, but I'm not really sold with anything else. Be interesting to see how he does without Lebron around.

Parsons was quite honest about his displeasure with Houston and rightfully so. The Mavs run things far differently than Houston.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #1006
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That's what no one seems to be discussing! I mean, the playoff experience and two titles matter experience-wise, but I'm not really sold with anything else. Be interesting to see how he does without Lebron around.

Parsons was quite honest about his displeasure with Houston and rightfully so. The Mavs run things far differently than Houston.
After talking to multiple people on subjects non-Parsons related, this has to be true. Seems like there's a lot that goes on that no one really knows and it's solid. Hopefully can talk more about it later this week.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #1007
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am; at least right now. But: 1) I'm pretty used to thinking better of Bosh than most around here do, and 2) I'd love for CP to prove me wrong, because if you told me that Dallas just followed up the TC trade by signing a Bosh-caliber SF, I'd respond by saying that I expect them to be very serious contenders next year.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #1008
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Full text of Spears's Parsons article:

Quote:
New Maverick Chandler Parsons takes offense to how Rockets treated him during free agency

Marc J. Spears By Marc J. Spears
1 hour ago
Yahoo Sports

LAS VEGAS – Chandler Parsons was "offended" when the Houston Rockets went searching in free agency for a third star in LeBron James, Chris Bosh or Carmelo Anthony instead of sticking with him. Now the former Rockets forward is ecstatic to be a third star with the Dallas Mavericks, and a lot richer, too.

"Honestly, I was offended by the whole process," Parsons told Yahoo Sports on Monday in a phone interview. "They publicly said that they were going out looking for a third star when I thought they had one right in front of them. I guess that's just how they viewed me as a player. I don't think I've scratched the surface of where I can be as a player and I think I'm ready for that role.

"You can't knock them for always trying to get better. [Houston general manager] Daryl Morey is very aggressive, is a genius, a great GM and I have nothing but respect for those guys. And they are looking to make their team better. That's what they were doing. I just thought I could be that guy that could do that."

Parsons averaged 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and four assists with the Rockets last season as the third scorer behind James Harden and Dwight Howard. Quietly, Parsons was hoping for a bigger role offensively. The Rockets gave Parsons an opportunity to explore free agency as a restricted free agent by opting out of the final year of his deal that would've paid him $964,750.

The Rockets went after marquee players like James, Anthony, and Bosh when free agency began. While the Mavericks were interested in Anthony, too, they quickly convinced Parsons to agree to a three-year, $46 million offer sheet with a third-year player option and a 15 percent trade kicker, a source said. Parsons signed the offer sheet on the first day free agents were able to on July 10 in his hometown of Orlando with Mavericks owner Mark Cuban by his side.

"They really showed how much they cared for me," Parsons said. "They didn't want me to wait for Bosh. They didn't want me to wait for 'Melo. They came forward first."

While the Rockets had the option to match, Cuban was confident in the Mavs' maneuver.

"We knew based on the numbers they were going to have to make some tough choices," Cuban said before the Mavericks' summer league game on Monday.

James left the Miami Heat to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Anthony and Bosh stayed with the Knicks and Heat respectively. The Rockets, through a sign-and-trade deal, agreed to terms with free-agent small forward Trevor Ariza for three years and $32 million. And on Sunday, the Rockets decided that Parsons' contract was too expensive and didn't match.

"Throughout the whole process they pretty much told me they were going to match everything," Parsons said. "I understand it's a business. I understand they had to do what they thought was best for their organization. It definitely caught me off-guard a little bit."

Parsons said he is close with Cuban, loves Dallas and added that he believes he can compete with a championship in Dallas with Dirk Nowitzki and Monta Ellis.

"Dallas is the perfect match to where I am in my career," Parsons said. "It's where I can take that next step. They have a great organization. Mark is the best owner in all of sports. I get a chance to play with Dirk for however much longer he has. It will be unbelievable to learn and grown from him and the guys they have.

"We got a chance to win. Coach [Rick] Carlisle is the best coach in the NBA. It's the perfect situation for me. I'm ready for more leadership. I'm ready for a bigger role. They came at me with a high max offer and viewed me as a franchise player. That's what I wanted."

Parsons played a strong role in convincing Howard to sign as a free agent with the Rockets last summer. They could be free agents in 2016. And if things go well in Dallas, don't be surprised if Parsons tries to convince Howard to join him.

"I'm the best recruiter in the NBA," Parsons said. "Whatever Mark and the Mavericks need, they got me to do that."

He was viewed as one of the NBA's most underpaid players, but under his new deal he will earn a raise of over $14 million next season. Parsons is scheduled to be in Dallas on Tuesday to take a physical and sign paperwork.

Despite feeling slighted by the Rockets, Parsons said he has "nothing but respect" for his former club after playing his first three NBA seasons in Houston. He also said he will remain close with his ex-teammates, Houston coach Kevin McHale and assistant coach J.B. Bickerstaff.

"They gave me my first opportunity,” Parsons said. "They believed in me. They drafted me. I have nothing but love and respect for them. They will have a special place in my heart. The fans were unbelievable and I hope they have no hard feelings. I had to do what is best for my career. "
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/new-mav...030411610.html

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 07-15-2014 at 01:00 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:44 PM   #1009
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is he going to say, I wouldn't have matched?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:59 PM   #1010
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
What is he going to say, I wouldn't have matched?
Yeah really. That would send the wrong message to the guy you just acquired.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #1011
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

After reading that article, I feel like we made the right choice. If he truly hasn't scratched the surface then we gave him the right amount of money. We attracted the "right" free agent. Why try to get people that don't want to be here?
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #1012
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

Everyday I get more excited about Parsons.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:03 AM   #1013
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think there's a pretty good chance that Bosh is a better player at this point. It's just a little difficult to tell because Parsons is a player on the rise who's stats might have suffered because of the team around him..and Bosh is an established player that willing took a back seat to play in Miami. Bosh averaged 24 and 11 his last year in Toronoto. His numbers might not make it all the way back this year in Miami, but I can see them getting pretty close to that...

But, Parsons' arrow is pointed up. He could very well be the better player before long.

Last edited by Murphy3; 07-15-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #1014
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes. I certainly am. Bosh is so underrated right now. He went to Miami and developed into a very good defender and improved his range out to the three point line.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:10 AM   #1015
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

So Parsons took a picture of him photoshopped into the Mavs jersey as Twitter-Avatar? Epic
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #1016
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

"I'm the best recruiter in the NBA," Parsons said. "Whatever Mark and the Mavericks need, they got me to do that."

I wonder how many relationships has been formed in the 3 years he has been in the league, at any rate hopefully its easier to recruit.

Nothing better than a YOUNG and talented player recruiting ...its hard to convince free agents to come to a team, whose best player is over the age of 35.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:32 AM   #1017
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahahaha, a friend just told me about this.

Downfall of Morey...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7uzjyvO1O4#t=12

Old 07-15-2014, 10:16 AM   #1018
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Downfall of Morey...

"If you've ever made it to the second round of the playoffs, you can stay. Everyone else, leave now." *95% of room disperses*. Haha pretty funny stuff. "Plus we have Kevin McHale leading this sorry roster I made. I'd rather have GORDON BOMBAY coaching. He might coach hockey in a movie, but he's still better." I got a pretty good laugh out of that.

PS- I miss the Mighty Ducks...
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #1019
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

This article is largely focused on Houston's reaction to this past week and how they pick up the pieces, but there's something interesting in here about Parsons:

Quote:
The loss of the 25-year-old forward deprives Houston not only of a versatile secondary playmaker, but also a valuable voice in a locker room that wasn’t always on the same page a year ago. Parsons is a uniter, a player with a gift for bringing different groups together and making everyone he comes in contact with feel valued. His loss in that respect is by no means catastrophic, but it does place even more responsibility on the shoulders of Howard and Harden to grow, mature and prove that they are capable of creating a culture that is all about winning – and not just about winning their way and on their terms.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #1020
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"I'm the best recruiter in the NBA," said Parsons, who last year helped lure Dwight Howard to Houston. "Whatever Mark and the Mavericks need, they got me to do that."*

gotta like that

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #1021
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This article is largely focused on Houston's reaction to this past week and how they pick up the pieces, but there's something interesting in here about Parsons:
Not only did get a young and talented player, we also got a locker room presence, and team leader.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:05 AM   #1022
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
I wonder how many relationships has been formed in the 3 years he has been in the league, at any rate hopefully its easier to recruit.
Well, he recruited Dwight (diva) and is buddies with Dirk (laid-back), so it seems like he's friendly with all types. That's exciting because he's about to play for Team USA, which should give him an opportunity to get cozy-up to even more of the premier players in this league... Didn't LeBron/Wade/Bosh become friends through their experience at the All-Star game and/or Team USA? Yeah, Parsons can be that kind of a recruiter - something that Dirk never was.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #1023
Aguirre a Wrath of Mark

Aguirre a Wrath of Mark will become famous soon enoughAguirre a Wrath of Mark will become famous soon enough

Pretty fascinating take on Parsons and Daryl Morey:

https://medium.com/the-cauldron/the-...d-3df16d8b754a
Aguirre a Wrath of Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #1024
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.mavsoutsider.com/2014/07/...troducing-mor/
Old 07-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #1025
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Quote:
Well, he recruited Dwight (diva) and is buddies with Dirk (laid-back), so it seems like he's friendly with all types. That's exciting because he's about to play for Team USA, which should give him an opportunity to get cozy-up to even more of the premier players in this league... Didn't LeBron/Wade/Bosh become friends through their experience at the All-Star game and/or Team USA? Yeah, Parsons can be that kind of a recruiter - something that Dirk never was.
I believe it was the 2010 USA National team IIRC.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #1026
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Went back through this thread last night, and let me just say it was disappointing to see GB's string of unabashed Rockettes homerism end with such a whimper:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Have fun with Parsons.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:17 PM   #1027
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
I hated it when the zombies ate you and all anyone could talk about was that dumb bitch Laurie dying in childbirth. You were the best T-dog!
This is pretty great
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #1028
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yes. I certainly am. Bosh is so underrated right now. He went to Miami and developed into a very good defender and improved his range out to the three point line.
While he has range to the 3pt line, hes not good from the 3 pt line. He's shot 3s at a 31.5% clip during his time in miami and only shot 33.9% from out there last year while making 71 so it's not like he overwhelmed in either quantity of quality of 3pt looks. While his pedestrian stats are always attributed to playing with ball dominant stars it's important to remember that that really has no hearing in comparing him to parsons who has also played with Dwight and harden.

Also for his defense, he's got tools that allow him to be about as good at defending the pick and roll as anyone in the nba, but he can't guard anyone in the post anymore and that's a hue weakness for a pf. His post d is about as bad as brandan wrights. Given that and the fact that I don't think the take over a game offense is still there and I don't think it's remotely a give that bosh is still better.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #1029
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:

Downfall of Morey...

I lost it at the "those who made the second round stay, everybody else out" and the "i'd rather have Gordon Bombay coaching" parts. The Mighty Ducks was one of my favorite movie during my childhood. Awesome find, thanks.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 07-15-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #1030
Underdog

Old 07-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #1031
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Parsons was one of my favorite players on the Rockets. He will be good for 18-5-4, or so for the Mavs. But the dude talks waaaaay too much. His confidence has turned to supreme cockiness. My last memory of Parsons is him saying he is the best at something else....the best SF in the series....were hos exact quotes. This was followed by Batum laughing and taking a shit on him the entire series. Followed closely by Lillard hitting the series ending 3 in his face. He needs to settle down. He isn't a star, but a role player. Maybe even a super role player, but not a star. If he can post the numbers I posted on close to the same percentage as in Houston, he would have lived up to the contract for the Mavs.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #1032
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Parsons was one of my favorite players on the Rockets. He will be good for 18-5-4, or so for the Mavs. But the dude talks waaaaay too much. His confidence has turned to supreme cockiness. My last memory of Parsons is him saying he is the best at something else....the best SF in the series....were hos exact quotes. This was followed by Batum laughing and taking a shit on him the entire series. Followed closely by Lillard hitting the series ending 3 in his face. He needs to settle down. He isn't a star, but a role player. Maybe even a super role player, but not a star. If he can post the numbers I posted on close to the same percentage as in Houston, he would have lived up to the contract for the Mavs.

We went thru the same type of things with JET who was typically the most "confident" player ever born....it's a tough thing to deal with until it pays of the way it did in the biggest moments in the best way possible in the finals. I don't care for players who talk ALOT as you mention but if you're gonna do it, you have to own it and always do it and continue to work hard and back it up.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #1033
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny...from lakers board..

Ariza:
09' Contract year - played well for the Lakers - got 30+ million from Houston
10' Dissapointing season
11' Dissapointing season
12' Dissapointing season
13' Dissapointing season
14' Contract year - played well for the Wizards - got 30+ million from Houston
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #1034
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I'd prefer an overly confident player versus a mental midget. It could be argued that Parsons never becomes the player he is without such confidence.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #1035
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I'd prefer an overly confident player versus a mental midget. It could be argued that Parsons never becomes the player he is without such confidence.
you have 2 options be confident which is now called "cocky" or be non-confident and be what exactly? a generic guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEqeeCLPRZQ

pass the rock to the german moses

Last edited by jamaljasonandjimmy; 07-15-2014 at 06:17 PM.
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #1036
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Funny...from lakers board..

Ariza:
09' Contract year - played well for the Lakers - got 30+ million from Houston
10' Dissapointing season
11' Dissapointing season
12' Dissapointing season
13' Dissapointing season
14' Contract year - played well for the Wizards - got 30+ million from Houston
This is something that does worry me about Ariza. He seems to only play to his to his best during contract years, though he has shot better from 3 each season. One thing about him though, you can count on him during the playoffs.

Quote:
I see what you're saying, but I preferred the Parsons from his first two years where he was humble. After the Dwight summer, he got cocky and went all Hollywood. He had some questionable comments all throughout the season, but he still came to play pretty much every game.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #1037
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think this is fairly accurate. He may have the potential to be a "superstar" but right now he probably isn't the guy who is going to carry your offense on his back. I think of him very similarly to Gordan Hayward. We saw how that worked out for him in Utah. I do think that depending on how he develops and the training goes with Dirk in these next few off seasons, he could realistically become a 20/5/5 guy with continued progress efficiency wise. All of this is contingent on him actually developing with Dirk and us having another person to carry the load at times. This would help make Chandler Parsons the best version of himself imo.

On the topic of his cockiness, I think you have to take your own perception with a grain of salt. You were just on the receiving end of a very bitter and somewhat misleading divorce. It's always difficult to keep things in the proper context when you are closely tied emotionally to a subject. I've watched a dozen interviews of him in the last week and I have to say he comes off sure of himself. Is this cockiness or just a proper amount of confidence? Time will have to tell. Either way I think its premature to start concluding that he is a "cocky" guy who is fully of himself. The interviews are not even close to that bad.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-15-2014 at 06:32 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #1038
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:
This is something that does worry me about Ariza. He seems to only play to his to his best during contract years, though he has shot better from 3 each season. One thing about him though, you can count on him during the playoffs.

I see what you're saying, but I preferred the Parsons from his first two years where he was humble. After the Dwight summer, he got cocky and went all Hollywood. He had some questionable comments all throughout the season, but he still came to play pretty much every game.
The thing to worry most about Ariza isn't the "contract" year issue, but rather how he will fit in your offense without a true PG. Harden does drive well to the rack, but I could see some meshing issues with your current offense imo. Maybe I am wrong? Either way I think Ariza got a fair contract from Houston. Will he be worth 8 million? I would say most probably yes. His defense is borderline elite. His shot is the only question mark.

Last edited by hayth.james.g; 07-15-2014 at 06:30 PM.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #1039
BGMaverick9
Guru

He's schedule to comment to the media via conference call tonight. A full quote board will come tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #1040
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
He's schedule to comment to the media via conference call tonight. A full quote board will come tomorrow.
Are these conference calls new this year? I don't remember them in years past.

Tags
is this clutchfans.net?, nonclutchfans.net