Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #1001
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
God bless that poor Kenyan.
seeing as how that.... secretion... is toxic and acidic, someone should find out what the exact opposite location of Kenya on the globe is... they're in for some down times as far as crops are concerned.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 PM   #1002
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This is the 10th GDT to make it to 1000 posts...and I think it must be one of the quickest to get there as well.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #1003
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
This is the 10th GDT to make it to 1000 posts...and I think it must be one of the quickest to get there as well.
We love us some Mavs-Spurs.

btw.. congrats left texas. Hope you're planning on staying up late on sunday to start the next one.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #1004
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Probably has something to do with...TAPPING THAT SPURS ASS.

There are three more coming, and you can bank on that.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #1005
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Great win. I didn't think ESPN crew was that bad. They did talk about the Spurs a lot but that's because they were the home team and have won championships. Plus they have a ton of 3 point shooters so they were never really out of it.

Glad we got the win. Let's hope they boys dont play like their job is done in game 2 and get blown out.

I didn't really have a good feeling about their chances during the first half, but they proved me wrong with great hustle and energy in the second half. Way to go guys

Go Mavs!
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #1006
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

If we get to the 2nd round of the playoffs do they keep the team together next season? Do they keep Howard and is that good or bad? I still dont think this is a contender for the title and having some mild success this playoffs might be fools gold. But hey I'm happy we won and who knows maybe they'll just win it all. Greg Popovich said himself before the game the Mavs are playing on the Lakers/Cavs level lately. 15 more wins to go. But I just think if it doesnt happen this year changes have to be made.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-19-2009 at 12:05 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #1007
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRookie View Post
I didn't really have a good feeling about their chances during the first half, but they proved me wrong with great hustle and energy in the second half. Way to go guys

Go Mavs!
Yeah no kidding, as I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones saying "F*ck this team" I dont think thats cool.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:08 AM   #1008
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

We'll get out of the first round. And yes, we are playing at an elite level.

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of what happens to the roster makeup after this year.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:09 AM   #1009
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
If we get to the 2nd round of the playoffs do they keep the team together next season? Do they keep Howard and is that good or bad? I still dont think this is a contender for the title and having some mild success this playoffs might be fools gold. But hey I'm happy we won and who knows maybe they'll just win it all. Greg Popovich said himself before the game the Mavs are playing on the Lakers/Cavs level lately. 15 more wins to go. But I just think if it doesnt happen this year changes have to be made.
I don't think the 2nd round definitely gives it the green light. Like it or not, the Spurs are a different/weaker team without Ginobili. I think we could still beat them if he was out there, so that DEFINITELY means they can do it without him.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #1010
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

This is sort of a crazy stat.

3P Made-Attempted
Dallas 5-17 (.294)
San Antonio 11-14 (.786)

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-19-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #1011
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Pwnage.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:14 AM   #1012
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
The J.J. Barea bashing needs to stop now man, J.J. is doing the same thing Devin was doing to the Spurs in 2006 by driving and passing and J.J. was also able to keep up with Tony Parker, Rick Carlisle did a great job I'm not mad at him at all.
Don't get emotional about Barea. That's what kills teams. He had A good Game. leave it at that. Big Baby Davis has good games too, that Doesn't mean he's your star player, lets's trade KG.
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 AM   #1013
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah no kidding, as I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones saying "F*ck this team" I dont think thats cool.
Like I said before, chill out dude. Being an emotional fan doesn't make you less of a fan. I JUSTFIABLY said F*** Josh Howard before he went on his run. He was playing like garbage.

If you expect there to be no emotion from fans during a playoff game, you're foolish.

It'd be different if someone was saying it before the game, or during the offseason or something.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #1014
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Well I dont think saying "F*ck this team" is ever appropriate, especially half way through the 2nd quarter. I'm defensive of my team. You wanna say this team's playing like crap or blow this team up fine, but not F*ck this team. Just as they have a right to be emotional about the Mavs so do I for different reasons.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-19-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #1015
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
This is sort of a crazy stat.

3P Made-Attempted
Dallas 5-17 (.294)
San Antonio 11-14 (.786)
There is nothing crazy about those stats.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #1016
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Quote:
No I didn't. I said this team was an eff'n joke, the way they were playing at the time. I know it was knee-jerk reaction but I was just expecting a much better first quarter effort. But they got the win and that's all that matters.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #1017
NYMAVGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor20 View Post
jj is a really good shooter and has really good footwork on D - if he increases his court vision and decision making he can be a legit backup PG to guard the small, fast driving PG's.
He's slow, he can't guard fast pg's. He can't shoot that well either. He drives the lane well.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #1018
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Maybe it was another guy, but someone said F*ck this team. I just think if you're gonna say that go root for someone else. Be a fan through the good and bad. I was a fan in the 90s when they really were awful.

Anyway Ill say no more about it.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-19-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:30 AM   #1019
NYMAVGUY

Quote:
I don't watch the local broadcast for playoff games, because playoff games are not local matters.
Awe, the local guys cover the Mavs all year, rooting for them and everything, but when the playoffs come they get shut down for the Big network guys. Poor little local broadcasters. LOL
Old 04-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #1020
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMAVGUY View Post
Awe, the local guys cover the Mavs all year, rooting for them and everything, but when the playoffs come they get shut down for the Big network guys. Poor little local broadcasters. LOL
They don't get shut down. They still broadcast here in DFW when the game is on cable.

And lots of folks like to stick with them.

I don't, but that's not saying anything.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #1021
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I only watch the local broadcast when it airs.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #1022
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They don't get shut down. They still broadcast here in DFW when the game is on cable.

And lots of folks like to stick with them.

I don't, but that's not saying anything.
I do...and I will say that says something.

Followill was in to it big time tonight. Lot's a yelling and excitement. Skin was pretty good tonight as well. Bob was typical Bob. I'm getting used to the trio.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #1023
vRookie

Just to get the record straight, I never said F this team and I'll never say something like that. Here are all my first half comments in all their knee-jerking glory!:

Quote:
Howard's and Kidd's body language is extremely worrying. Howard is sleepwalking out there and Kidd looks scared to death
Quote:
Forget the Refs, this team is an eff'n joke.
Quote:
The way they are playing now out-weighs all the bullshit calls combined
Quote:
This team is mentally weak as shit. Just look at their body language.
Quote:
Kidd set the wrong tone for this series from the get go. He had a wide open lane for a layup but didn't attempt instead kicked it out to howard for a brick. That was in the begnining of the game and it shows he is not being aggressive and looks scared. Get it together you old geazer
Quote:
Did you guys see Howard smiling after that terrible lob pass into the stands. He is either high or just doesn't care. What happened to Josh from two days ago?
Old 04-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #1024
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

ESPN warms up their colors on their broadcast some...but I think KTXA's HD picture has come a long way from a couple of years ago. I used to watch ESPN because I thought the picture was better, but I have no problem sticking with KTXA now. Ortegal is a beating, but Followill is worth it single handedly for me.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #1025
vRookie

Quote:
ESPN warms up their colors on their broadcast some...but I think KTXA's HD picture has come a long way from a couple of years ago. I used to watch ESPN because I thought the picture was better, but I have no problem sticking with KTXA now. Ortegal is a beating, but Followill is worth it single handedly for me.
I would take Followill and Ortegal over any other broadcasting duo in major sports. They are suprising neutral too. Just a pleasure to listen to them
Old 04-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #1026
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersquad View Post
Fuck this team
here it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraided199 View Post
i second, third, and millionth that.
And someone who quoted it and agreed. Wasnt you Vrookie. I did neg rep you because of saying this team is a f'n joke which if you wanna neg rep me back you're welcome to.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 04-19-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #1027
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I do...and I will say that says something.

Followill was in to it big time tonight. Lot's a yelling and excitement. Skin was pretty good tonight as well. Bob was typical Bob. I'm getting used to the trio.
I don't doubt that Followil was into it. I don't doubt that Skin was doing his playoff best. And...we all know by now that Ortegel put his "all" into the broadcast.

But still and all...it's like listening to Sham and Hansen instead of Pat and John. Brad and Dale were great...but they weren't Summerall and Madden.

If and when the Mavs bring a title home, Followil won't be calling the action. Again...the playoffs are a different animal. They aren't for hometown announcers.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:55 AM   #1028
vRookie

Haha. Good digging MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Old 04-19-2009, 01:01 AM   #1029
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
I don't doubt that Followil was into it. I don't doubt that Skin was doing his playoff best. And...we all know by now that Ortegel put his "all" into the broadcast.

But still and all...it's like listening to Sham and Hansen instead of Pat and John. Brad and Dale were great...but they weren't Summerall and Madden.

If and when the Mavs bring a title home, Followil won't be calling the action. Again...the playoffs are a different animal. They aren't for hometown announcers.
See, I don't buy that. Now for the video/audio scrapbook...then yeah I could see where you want "the voice" or whatever to be what you hear when the title comes home.

For me, these are MY guys, they're part of the package with the team in a sense. They've seen the bumps and bruises, the success and glory. It's personal and you get a greater sense of connection that way. They're along for the ride. The playoffs are a beast, but you're little piece of home is right there in the thick of it.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #1030
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
See, I don't buy that. Now for the video/audio scrapbook...then yeah I could see where you want "the voice" or whatever to be what you hear when the title comes home.

For me, these are MY guys, they're part of the package with the team in a sense. They've seen the bumps and bruises, the success and glory. It's personal and you get a greater sense of connection that way. They're along for the ride. The playoffs are a beast, but you're little piece of home is right there in the thick of it.
A- wait for it.... MEN, brother.

Well said.

Besides, basketball doesn't have a Summerall/Madden. Not even close.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #1031
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
here it is.

And someone who quoted it and agreed. Wasnt you Vrookie. I did neg rep you because of saying this team is a f'n joke which if you wanna neg rep me back you're welcome to.
I'm not sure what the problem is. It's an emotional game.. some people take it harder than others. The lows are low and the highs are high. You can bet your ass though that those same people will be back next game cheering louder than the rest.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #1032
vRookie

Quote:
here it is.

Nah, no need to. I probably deserved it so it's all good
Old 04-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #1033
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I'm not sure what the problem is. It's an emotional game.. some people take it harder than others. The lows are low and the highs are high. You can bet your ass though that those same people will be back next game cheering louder than the rest.
Tell me you guys heard the echos of "Let's Go Mavs" in the last two minutes...
It went from six to midnight at that point.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #1034
vRookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Amen to that.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #1035
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
A- wait for it.... MEN, brother.

Well said.

Besides, basketball doesn't have a Summerall/Madden. Not even close.
Thanks...
The games just don't feel the same when you're used to the local guys and then you might be forced to watch the national coverage of the game. Luckily, I don't run into that all too often during the season.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:14 AM   #1036
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:

Sorry, but I'm not looking for "my guys" when I watch a playoff game. I'm looking for recognition that my team is on a much larger stage, which means that "my guys" aren't calling the action anymore.

In other words, it's not Game 83...it's Game One of the playoffs.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:16 AM   #1037
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The mavericks are never going to be recognized that way until they sign a dominant, black 2 guard.

I don't care what ESPN thinks.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:16 AM   #1038
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm not looking for "my guys" when I watch a playoff game. I'm looking for recognition that my team is on a much larger stage, which means that "my guys" aren't calling the action anymore.

In other words, it's not Game 83...it's Game One of the playoffs.
That's totally fine, you have your way and I have mine...nothing wrong with that!
I just don't really feel I can trust the other guys when they call the action. They always seem too serious.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 04-19-2009 at 01:17 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:23 AM   #1039
NYMAVGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pth View Post
jj is so far in parkers shorts, eva is getting jealous.
LOL
Old 04-19-2009, 01:27 AM   #1040
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
That's totally fine, you have your way and I have mine...nothing wrong with that!
I just don't really feel I can trust the other guys when they call the action. They always seem too serious.
Brutha...there is nothing about the post-season that is "too serious."

Tags
barea > harris, gdt 08/09, san antonio sucks, we win super balls now?