Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-01-2018, 08:30 PM   #1001
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Our main target is to make DSJ and Doncic look awesome and as future stars. Thats the only way to attract stars as free agents. And Jordan is one of the best realistic pieces to make them look great.

So again: Great offseason for us
I can understand this. It's a better reason to sign Jordan than he'll help us push for the playoffs. He probably will help DSJ & Doncic some. Honestly, I'm so high on Doncic I think he's just a bad ass mofo who'd thrive with any NBA team, under any circumstances. I could be very wrong about that tho.

Still, I think, much like the NFL Network does its Top 100 players voted on by the players, that the players know which players are stars & which aren't. I don't think they need a dog & pony show to convince them. Maybe they subscribe to winning culture & all. I don't know that could have some merit.

Not against having hope for the playoffs next year. Just trying to be realistic. This conference is insane. I really don't think we're making the playoffs again til the teams at the top start to slow down. Which could be in 2-3 short years from now.
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2018, 08:34 PM   #1002
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Winning is the biggest aphrodesiac for players. Jordan is going to make us look much better. We may be .400, but its only because of the crazy conference we're in. Bigs are going to see Jordan averaging 19-16 and will want to join in.

Building hype is hard once its out. It's why Jordan didn't come. If we let Doncic's stock fall by providing him with a crappy supporting cast, then that hype disappears and may take years to get back. If we make a splash and look like a blast to play with-- regardless of making the playoffs, then free agents will flock here.

Jordan isn't in our longterm plans, but if we can get Smith and Doncic tasting a functional team and starting to have fun, then that is infectious.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-01-2018 at 08:35 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:38 PM   #1003
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Also...we dont like Jordan, but a lot of players/stars are friends with him. Durant is a really close friend (taking holidays together etc).

Its a buddy league right now. Buddies wanna play with Buddies. So if the testdrive works and we give Jordan next summer a solid longterm deal, it should help us recruiting. Together with a ~0.500 record and nice a season from DSJ/Doncic.

Last edited by sefant77; 07-01-2018 at 08:39 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #1004
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Winning is the biggest aphrodesiac for players. Jordan is going to make us look much better. We may be .400, but its only because of the crazy conference we're in. Bigs are going to see Jordan averaging 19-16 and will want to join in.

Building hype is hard once its out. It's why Jordan didn't come. If we let Doncic's stock fall by providing him with a crappy supporting cast, then that hype disappears and may take years to get back. If we make a splash and look like a blast to play with-- regardless of making the playoffs, then free agents will flock here.

Jordan isn't in our longterm plans, but if we can get Smith and Doncic tasting a functional team and starting to have fun, then that is infectious.
BINGO. DeAndre Jordan is here to make Doncic and Dennis look good so we can reel in bigger fish, and that's exactly what he'll do... He's bait.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #1005
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

This all makes logical sense, until you look at past champions. Well, I can't really say that because you do have sign & trades involved and those players don't stand in the way when they're going to a desirable location.

That said, Golden State was built through the draft. San Antonio built through the draft with Duncan, Parker, Ginobili… The Free Agents will flock here mindset is what's held us back the last 5 years.

But, hey fuck it! I'm on such a Doncic high right now that what you're saying sounds pretty damn good to me. I hope you're right!!!
Old 07-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #1006
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I dunno, maybe we should wait until the season starts before we start making predictions about next year? A lot can happen between now & then.

Not sure why you're so eager to start complaining, as if this offseason hasn't been phenomenally better for us than anyone could have predicted.
Whoa whoa! Dont discount the 5 year plan.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #1007
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
im talking longterm. Barea is 35 next summer when his contract runs out.

But yeah, at one moment this season Rick is going to roll out four playmaker + Jordan since Doncic can defend some PF
My all time fav was him playing Wes as the small ball 4 guarding Boogie I think it was? A few years back. Hope I’m remembering that right
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:58 PM   #1008
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Gordon was never an option. Magic would have matched a max offer...

Marc J. Spears hat Marc J. Spears retweetet

The Magic will re-sign Aaron Gordon to a four-year, $84 million deal, a source told @TheUndefeated[/QUOTE]

Last edited by sefant77; 07-01-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #1009
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hot take:

Gordon is not worth max money
Old 07-01-2018, 09:04 PM   #1010
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Hezonja officially gone to Knicks. 1 year 6.5 million.
Old 07-01-2018, 09:06 PM   #1011
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Gordon made a lot more sense when we were looking at drafting Mo Bamba.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:00 PM   #1012
3_Ball

Quote:
Yeah Gordon was never an option. Magic would have matched a max offer...

Marc J. Spears hat Marc J. Spears retweetet

The Magic will re-sign Aaron Gordon to a four-year, $84 million deal, a source told @TheUndefeated
Given they gave him 30 mil less than the max & probably started with an offer lower than that, I don't think you can just pencil in they would for sure have matched a max offer. I'm not sure I would say it was much more than more likely than not. 60/40 maybe. They were probably willing to go a little higher than 4/84, but I don't know they would of gone full 4/114...

The interesting thing here is Isaac, Gordon, Bamba. I don't see that 3some fitting together all that well. I'd want to keep my eye on the Magic if I'm the Mavs & make a lowball offer on whichever Isaac or Bamba who doesn't work out... That said, both Isaac & Bamba's lower bodies are so underdeveloped right now the chances of them both being healthy at the same time aren't very good.

Last edited by 3_Ball; 07-01-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:13 AM   #1013
Zaman314125

Zaman314125 will become famous soon enoughZaman314125 will become famous soon enough

I hope Adam Silver and the NBA changes the playoff format into the top 16 teams. That'll make the NBA and the playoffs so much much more fun to watch.

That being said, I think we're going to surprise some people. With Doncic and Jordan and Rick Carlisle's coaching, we'll have a more cohesive team than the Thunder, Wolves, Blazers. Nuggets will be good but will they be good enough. Will the Spurs have fallen off that far after this whole Kawahi situation? Will the Suns have improved that much that they will make the playoffs? I think we'll surprise people. And if Luka Doncic has an insane rookie season then we might be thinking even more. It'll be fun for sure!
Zaman314125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:39 AM   #1014
3_Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaman314125 View Post
I hope Adam Silver and the NBA changes the playoff format into the top 16 teams. That'll make the NBA and the playoffs so much much more fun to watch.

That being said, I think we're going to surprise some people. With Doncic and Jordan and Rick Carlisle's coaching, we'll have a more cohesive team than the Thunder, Wolves, Blazers. Nuggets will be good but will they be good enough. Will the Spurs have fallen off that far after this whole Kawahi situation? Will the Suns have improved that much that they will make the playoffs? I think we'll surprise people. And if Luka Doncic has an insane rookie season then we might be thinking even more. It'll be fun for sure!

I was thinking something similar. Maybe Luka could make up the difference, but then Sportscenter showed some stats tonight. Even when LeBron came back from Miami to Cleveland in 2014-2015, he only improved the Cavs from 33 wins to 53 wins. That's peak LeBron James & he accounted for 20 more wins. Mavs had 24 wins last year & would of needed 23 more wins just to have a chance at a tiebreaker for the playoffs. A lot to ask of Luka & DeAndre. I don't think any player has ever made up 23 games before.

The 16 team thing is interesting, but no other major sport does their playoff system that way. How would that work? Do you keep Eastern & Western conference teams playing as heavily in their own conference?
Old 07-02-2018, 03:07 AM   #1015
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_Ball View Post
I was thinking something similar. Maybe Luka could make up the difference, but then Sportscenter showed some stats tonight. Even when LeBron came back from Miami to Cleveland in 2014-2015, he only improved the Cavs from 33 wins to 53 wins. That's peak LeBron James & he accounted for 20 more wins. Mavs had 24 wins last year & would of needed 23 more wins just to have a chance at a tiebreaker for the playoffs. A lot to ask of Luka & DeAndre. I don't think any player has ever made up 23 games before.
It is interesting, I saw statistics where Kevin Love went from tougher Western Conference's T-Wolves (40-42) to the Cavaliers and improved Cavs record by 20 wins. T-Wolves were 16-66 after Kevin Love left.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:48 AM   #1016
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Quote:

The 16 team thing is interesting, but no other major sport does their playoff system that way. How would that work? Do you keep Eastern & Western conference teams playing as heavily in their own conference?
It's an interesting point, but do you honestly believe we didn't leave some wins on the table intentionally? Also, consider the impact of DSJ year 1 vs year 2. Year 2-3 is when we find out who he is going to be.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:34 PM   #1017
3_Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
It's an interesting point, but do you honestly believe we didn't leave some wins on the table intentionally? Also, consider the impact of DSJ year 1 vs year 2. Year 2-3 is when we find out who he is going to be.
For sure, we did, and I remember games like @ Denver where Wes Matthews last second, would-be-game-winning 3 draws back iron & the Mavs lose. There were OT losses to the Thunder & Pistons that could of & maybe should of went to the Mavs. But, at the same time, the Mavs also competed with their best players vs fellow tank teams & lost like when they coughed up an 11 point lead in the 4th quarter vs CHI and lost by 8. There were plenty of moments last season to let you know this team just ain't that good.

Mavs real record maybe should of been around 28-30 wins and not 24, but it's not like they should of been in the 35+ range last year & they just tanked their way to 24 wins.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #1018
sefant77
Guru

Favors back to Utah on two year deal

Noel to the Thunder...probably for exception money, means in the summer of 2019 he lost allready 25m. Well done Rich Paul

Last edited by sefant77; 07-02-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #1019
Zaman314125

Zaman314125 will become famous soon enoughZaman314125 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I guess at that time there would be no conferences. It'll all about being in the top 16 and your refund would put you in one bracket or another. Best team world be in bracket A and second best team world be in bracket B and so on and so forth. It would make the NBA so much more fun. Imagine seeing the Golden State Warriors play the LA Lakers in the NBA finals, it would be cool but it suck cuz no Mavs. That's how I would do it.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:26 PM   #1020
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Imagine seeing the Golden State Warriors play the LA Lakers in the NBA final
Wow, I guess I never went far enough down the road to see something like that ... or even more so an LA Lakers vs LA Clippers NBA Final.

You know what would make it interesting is they then make the Finals move to a host city. Like Dallas hosting the Lakers v Clippers final. Not sure if all of the works or not, but it's definitely something else to think about.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:32 PM   #1021
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Favors back to Utah on two year deal

Noel to the Thunder...probably for exception money, means in the summer of 2019 he lost allready 25m. Well done Rich Paul
Get contract FIRST.
THEN smoke dope and show attitude.

Rich Paul, take note.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:37 PM   #1022
sefant77
Guru

Its a minimum deal, means from 2017 until 2019 he lost allready 30 million
Old 07-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #1023
burner2014

burner2014 will become famous soon enough

HAHA

Nerlens Noel will make $3.5 million over two years with the #Thunder.
Last year, he turned down a four-year, $70M offer from the #Mavericks.
burner2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #1024
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol. But 3.5Milly will buy a shit ton of weed n hotdogs tho.

If he invested wisely he could buy both of those in bulk and make a killing and never have to lace up again.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #1025
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Its a minimum deal, means from 2017 until 2019 he lost allready 30 million
Yeah I have to feel for him. I get initially trying to get as much money as you can......but to accept that 1 year deal was just insanity.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #1026
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

The only thing about reformat is that they are going to need to change schedules too. I think it would be unfair for the Mavs to play the Lakers or Golden State 4 times a year each while the Knicks get to only play them 2 times each.It would still be problematic. Scheduling needs to be changed too.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #1027
3_Ball

Quote:
I guess at that time there would be no conferences. It'll all about being in the top 16 and your refund would put you in one bracket or another. Best team world be in bracket A and second best team world be in bracket B and so on and so forth. It would make the NBA so much more fun. Imagine seeing the Golden State Warriors play the LA Lakers in the NBA finals, it would be cool but it suck cuz no Mavs. That's how I would do it.
Ok now I remember hearing Adam Silver talk about this. He basically said the NBA would be close to implementing this, but travel makes it hard. You have a playoff series with POR vs MIA, and even in the regular season it's hard enough to get players enough rest without too many back-to-back games, which is something the players successfully negotiated for in their last round of talks. He basically said it'd be hard to do right now without adding in back-to-back-to-back stretches in the schedule & he doesn't want to that.

I don't think we're anywhere close to just best 16 teams for those travel reasons. Certainly not where every team plays every team an equal amount of times or as close to as possible. And then it would kinda be stupid to be the best 16 teams but you play the closest teams to you more often during the season.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:40 PM   #1028
Zaman314125

I agree with you 3 Ball, I don't think we're anywhere near a format like that. I just think it'd be much more intriguing. I hope we can make the playoffs this year. Optimistically hoping Doncic has a really good rookie season.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #1029
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mavs and Clippers made offers, but Tolliver is headed to Wimberwolves on 1/5.75m
Old 07-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #1030
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Lakers renounce Randle. He’s now an UFA.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #1031
sefant77
Guru

Lebron getting playoff veterans on one year contracts for a solid first season and then he can recruit his ass off with an almost clean cap sheet in the strong 19 FA class.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #1032
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Lebron getting playoff veterans on one year contracts for a solid first season and then he can recruit his ass off with an almost clean cap sheet in the strong 19 FA class.

What do they want for Ingram? They can have anyone in this team. It bamed Doncic and Smith.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #1033
burner2014

burner2014 will become famous soon enough

Is there any chance we can also sign Randle next to DJ? That would make a great Starting Lineup
burner2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #1034
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner2014 View Post
Is there any chance we can also sign Randle next to DJ? That would make a great Starting Lineup
Kills the spacing, no thanks
Old 07-02-2018, 05:05 PM   #1035
satrekker

satrekker will become famous soon enough

Rondo to Lakers. Okay, now let them sign Howard, and I'll buy some popcorn.
satrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:13 PM   #1036
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrekker View Post
Rondo to Lakers. Okay, now let them sign Howard, and I'll buy some popcorn.
I was gonna say...who is signing Howard?

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:14 PM   #1037
satrekker

satrekker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I was gonna say...who is signing Howard?
Whoever draws the short straw? Seriously though, I'm having a hard time thinking of somebody with his talent who has trashed a career like he has. Even bonehead Noel (not near the talent) hasn't flushed as much money down the toilet as Howard, but in Noel's defense, he sure tried! SMH

Last edited by satrekker; 07-02-2018 at 06:15 PM.
satrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:18 PM   #1038
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrekker View Post
Whoever draws the short straw? Seriously though, I'm having a hard time thinking of somebody with his talent who has trashed a career like he has. Even bonehead Noel (not near the talent) hasn't flushed as much money down the toilet as Howard, but in Noel's defense, he sure tried! SMH
What??! Howard has made at least 200 million in his career and is coming off of a 3/70 contract that Atlanta gave him. NN has made rookie scale money and now the MLE. Not comparable.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:54 PM   #1039
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Can't post the tweet because I'm still at work. But Woj just said Seth Curry is signing with the Trail Blazers. Two year deal. 2.75m this year and player option next year.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #1040
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
Can't post the tweet because I'm still at work. But Woj just said Seth Curry is signing with the Trail Blazers. Two year deal. 2.75m this year and player option next year.
Damn. We need shooting.