Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #1001
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I'm rooting against the Steelers. I want the Cowboys to be the first club to get #6.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #1002
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL @ Flaco's joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I'm rooting against the Steelers. I want the Cowboys to be the first club to get #6.
I was rooting against them today...felt like the only person in my pack of friends that was rooting for SD. I just think they're a little over-hyped, the Steelers. I think the Ravens will still win that game.

The Eagles have all the momentum you would really want for where you're at right now, it's hard to count the Cards out though. They're running the ball, had a sharp gameplan against the Panthers, and hopefully they have Boldin back.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #1003
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the Steelers are over hyped. If anything they exceeded my own expectations greatly today. I had some doubts about them moving the ball, but moved it they did. It will be harder next week against Baltimore obviously...but you wonder how many games a team (Baltimore) can win in a row.

I thought the little highlight reel they did with Ben R on CBS was nice. Touchdowns...he throws blocks...he kicks...he wins. He doesn't have great numbers, but he wins. He is a stud.

Non-interesting side note: The cowboys lost to all 4 teams still alive.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-11-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:29 PM   #1004
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been particularly fond of the Steelers since I moved to Dallas in the early 90's. I also thought their Super Bowl win over Seattle was aided by some of the most suspect calls I've ever seen in a big game like that. So I hold that against them.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #1005
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I don't think the Steelers are over hyped. If anything they exceeded my own expectations greatly today. I had some doubts about them moving the ball, but moved it they did. It will be harder next week against Baltimore obviously...but you wonder how many games a team (Baltimore) can win in a row.
It's hard to count out that Ravens D. Flacco...the QB, now maybe you have a point there.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-11-2009 at 10:45 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #1006
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
The Panthers will not destroy the Cardinals because the Panthers have no answer to the Cards' passing attack. (Witness the TB game.) The Giants will not kill the Iggles. In fact, the Giants will lose to the Iggles.
If you want to know the results of next week's game, just ask.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #1007
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Can you branch out and predict if me and my dad will be able to make it to Vegas next week? We're waiting to hear if a project of his will stall out or not.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #1008
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Quote:
Who is gonna win teh Oscarz!?
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #1009
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, guys, let's keep it to NFC football!

As such, Dawkins rips up yet another NFC championship game and the Iggles make it to the Super Bowl. Which they will win.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #1010
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I demand to know how chum knew that Jake Delhomme was going to throw 5 picks.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #1011
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I demand to know how chum knew that Jake Delhomme was going to throw 5 picks.
Everyone knows about that underrated Arizona pass defense.

But to your point, they certainly didn't need five picks to beat the Panthers.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:15 AM   #1012
LonghornDub

Does your prediction that the Eagirls will win the SB hinge at all upon the AFC representative?

Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 AM   #1013
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Does your prediction that the Eagirls will win the SB hinge at all upon the AFC representative?
Not at all.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:23 AM   #1014
LonghornDub

Quote:
Not at all.
Interesting.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #1015
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

It would be interesting if 6th seeds from both conferences make the Superbowl.

They have to win every game on the road...that would be pretty amazing.

Last edited by nikeball; 01-12-2009 at 01:32 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:22 AM   #1016
LonghornDub

Count me as one who thinks that home field in the NFL is severely overrated. It makes a huge difference in college football. In the NFL, not so much.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:58 AM   #1017
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Lots of birds...Ravens Cardinals and Eagles.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #1018
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Even though I hate the Eagles I am glad to hear that they will finally nut up and win a Super Bowl.

My brain is in a rut not only because my beloved football team isn't playoff worthy but I can't figure out who to root for the AFC representative. I don't want the Steelers to win their 6th, and I don't want to hear Nasty Nester ranting about the Ravens if they make it.

What would be ideal now knowing that the Eagles are predetermined winners is for the Ravens to be the AFC representative.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:34 PM   #1019
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I would hate it if another NFC East team won the SB...

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #1020
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I would hate it if another NFC East team won the SB...
I think it's already foretold. Giants 08, Eagles 09, Cowboys 10...... what a run the NFC East is on.

I wonder if the Redskins will win in 13 after the three-peat?

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 01-12-2009 at 03:52 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #1021
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Panthers will not destroy the Cardinals because the Panthers have no answer to the Cards' passing attack. (Witness the TB game.) The Giants will not kill the Iggles. In fact, the Giants will lose to the Iggles.
Not bad.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #1022
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Count me as one who thinks that home field in the NFL is severely overrated. It makes a huge difference in college football. In the NFL, not so much.
I agree, in College sports I think it makes a much bigger deal.

I think it's really hard to count out the Cardinals on Sunday. They've got Thanksgiving film and memories to go off of and they're at home. I really think it'll be the Cardinals and Ravens.

It's pretty hard to beat a team twice in the same season.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #1023
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes and no. I think if a "finesse" throwing team..or a warm weather/dome team..goes up north to an dirty cold weather game..the home team would have an advantage. The play would definitely be dominated by the home team's brand of football.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #1024
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going with Arizona because

* Fitz is a beast.

* Kurt is throwing back the Greatest Show on Turf.

* Edgerrin is fresh.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:15 PM   #1025
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Arizona lost their TE Spach (great name)

And Boldin is still very questionable.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #1026
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Yes and no. I think if a "finesse" throwing team..or a warm weather/dome team..goes up north to an dirty cold weather game..the home team would have an advantage. The play would definitely be dominated by the home team's brand of football.
True, but that's not really what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about the "advantage" a team supposedly gets every game it plays at home from being in its own stadium, having its own fans there, etc. What you're talking about is a weather advantage that sometimes, but not always, arises for a home team, and theoretically could even arise for an away team from time to time (e.g. the Patriots fly out to Oakland for a game, and by some freak occurrence it's 15 degrees and snowing).

But yes, you're clearly right that a warm weather team may be at a disadvantage playing in the snow.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-13-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #1027
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I think it's already foretold. Giants 08, Eagles 09, Cowboys 10...... what a run the NFC East is on.

I wonder if the Redskins will win in 13 after the three-peat?
I am in love with u2.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #1028
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I'm going with Arizona because

* Fitz is a beast.

* Kurt is throwing back the Greatest Show on Turf.

* Edgerrin is fresh.
Now you know why I am on cloud nine! Go Cards!!

The rest of the story - 03-05-2007, 05:24 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the story

There is a reason I probably appreciate the Dallas Mavericks more than any Mav fan out there. First you should know that I am a two team fan, one in football and one in basketball.

I am a true blue fan of both. First let us look at basketball. I became a Dallas Maverick fan when I moved to Texas in 1983. They were a joke (but they went well with my football team as you will see). Any streaks that we were counting back then were on the other side of the ledger. Wins were harder to get than than understanding Einstein’s theory of relativity.

Then Mark Cuban comes along and all of a sudden the Mavs become a legitimate NBA team. The team has gone from doormat to contender. Each year it seemed we would have a little more to cheer about. A little more hope. The last two years have been a fans dream (with the exception of the finals). This year we currently have more bragging rights than any one in the league. I am not taking that for granted, I am truely loving it!!!

That brings to the football team that I am true blue too, and why I appreciate the Mavs so much, I am an Arizona Cardinals fan (if only Mark would buy them).

Now you know the rest of the story!

GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by left texas; 01-19-2009 at 10:09 AM.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #1029
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think ? Which game will be more entertaining / close
Old 01-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #1030
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
What do you think ? Which game will be more entertaining / close
I think they are both going to be very competitive and entertaining games. I think we are in for a great day of football watching.

For the record, I think the Cardinals and Ravens will win. But both matches are very close.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #1031
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think they are both going to be very competitive and entertaining games. I think we are in for a great day of football watching.

For the record, I think the Cardinals and Ravens will win. But both matches are very close.
OK, i say Eagles/Steelers. Let´s see, who is right. The one more familiar with the game, maybe.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #1032
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

How are the Eagles going to win the Super Bowl then?

That's going to be quite a bit of adversity to overcome

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 01-18-2009 at 03:31 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #1033
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I agree, in College sports I think it makes a much bigger deal.

I think it's really hard to count out the Cardinals on Sunday. They've got Thanksgiving film and memories to go off of and they're at home. I really think it'll be the Cardinals and Ravens.

It's pretty hard to beat a team twice in the same season.
I'm hoping this is right. I definitely don't want to see the Eagles or the Steelers holding the trophy. So this would pretty much be best case scenario in my book.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 01-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #1034
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

lol eagals getting their choke on.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #1035
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Man, Fitz has to be the best receiver in the NFL. That dude has been amazing.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 01-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #1036
BGMaverick9
Guru

Fitzgerald keep Beast Mode on from last week.
No one can stop him right now.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #1037
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The eagles just got punked.

At some point they're going to need a longer drive than that to give their defense a rest
Old 01-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #1038
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'm feeling better about going 2 for 2 today...
Old 01-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #1039
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully we get a home field advantage like this stadium has.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #1040
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Penalties will doom the cardinals today