Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #1041
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Or is he already in on their plan? So he will be the cog in the plan perhaps? Although if that's the case wouldn't that mean she knew he would be snatched off the plane? That seems highly unlikely.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #1042
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That would be uber sneaky of them to do that.

But I believed Sayid when he had his revelation in the prison cell. He genuinely thought that the reason he was there was to kill Ben.

Now I think he'll latch on to Jack/Faraday's plan as the reason he's there. These people are desperately trying to find a reason for all of this...kind of like the audience.

Sayid wanted nothing to do with the island the night before 316 took off. I'd have a hard time believing that he was convinced to do something by the SOTS folks. (that's what I'm calling them now)

Still...that'd be pretty sneaky.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-12-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #1043
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Neither did Hurley though..... what changed his mind? Will we ever find that out?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #1044
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I have no clue on the...err....centricity (not a word) of the Finale. I doubt it's Hurley centric, however. That would be weird.

You're right though, I'd sure love to find that out. Among many other things.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #1045
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Something we haven't talked about since finding out more about Ilana: Why would she, and the rest of the "What lies in the shadow of the statue" crew want to bring Sayid back to the island?

In fact, if she knew who he was, I guess she knew who everyone in the first class cabin was, right?

I'd sure like to see Sayid confront her again at some point.
Maybe she was aware of the Hawking theory that they needed to re-create the original crash as closely as possible.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #1046
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Something we haven't talked about since finding out more about Ilana: Why would she, and the rest of the "What lies in the shadow of the statue" crew want to bring Sayid back to the island?

In fact, if she knew who he was, I guess she knew who everyone in the first class cabin was, right?

I'd sure like to see Sayid confront her again at some point.
Bc, according to eloise, to get to the island, all the variables on the flight have to be as similar to ocenaic 815 as possible...Maybe she knows this?
Old 05-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #1047
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Maybe she was aware of the Hawking theory that they needed to re-create the original crash as closely as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES View Post
Bc, according to eloise, to get to the island, all the variables on the flight have to be as similar to ocenaic 815 as possible...Maybe she knows this?
You gals are certainly on the same page.

Yeah, you could be right. I can't wait to find out more about those people.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #1048
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

could the Almighty be more cruel with this Wednesday night??!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #1049
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It is certainly a conundrum.

Mrs Flaco says that LOST will be on the HDTV. Since she's on week 15 of gestating the spawn of Flaco, I have a feeling that I'll be watching LOST at 8pm, maintaining radio silence, and fast forwarding through the Mavs game like crazy at 10.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #1050
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
You gals are certainly on the same page.
oops and ouch.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #1051
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Tomorrow nights is one of those nights I hate about DVR's... because you can only record 2 shows (as if I could record any prior, but I digress). When you turn the thing on it's on one or the other station. I turn down the station and try to hit the menu button fast enough not to be spoiled when it gets to the point our kids are in bed and we can actually watch something. But invariably I get spoiled. Most of the time it's on the game so if I remember, I usually will change the TV to an analog station, turn on the DVR and switch it to 8, push the menu button, then change the TV to SVid channel with the volume all the way down so i can traverse the menu without being distracted too much since there would be little chance I knew what was happening on craphole island.

But several times I get spoiled on the score... in which case I usually just go to the game at realtime and watch until I can watch Lost later.

edit: Unless the wife dictates I start Lost or she's going to bed (which she knows will get me everytime because I hate watching without her).

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-12-2009 at 04:10 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #1052
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

can't you hit the menu button on your remote before turning on the tv?

I also do that at night when my kid is sleeping cause i never remember how loud the tv was when i turned it off.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #1053
bourne63

bourne63 will become famous soon enoughbourne63 will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know if we will have to wait till next january to get the next season or will it be coming back sooner?
bourne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #1054
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

I have to watch the Mavs game live because otherwise I'll be nervous watching Lost and won't enjoy it properly :[

And I don't have TIVO/DVR so I'll have to wait several hours after the game to download Lost on mininova, so I'll be up till like 4 A.M. (Because, I have to watch it that night of course).
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #1055
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Tomorrow nights is one of those nights I hate about DVR's... because you can only record 2 shows (as if I could record any prior, but I digress). When you turn the thing on it's on one or the other station. I turn down the station and try to hit the menu button fast enough not to be spoiled when it gets to the point our kids are in bed and we can actually watch something. But invariably I get spoiled. Most of the time it's on the game so if I remember, I usually will change the TV to an analog station, turn on the DVR and switch it to 8, push the menu button, then change the TV to SVid channel with the volume all the way down so i can traverse the menu without being distracted too much since there would be little chance I knew what was happening on craphole island.

But several times I get spoiled on the score... in which case I usually just go to the game at realtime and watch until I can watch Lost later.

edit: Unless the wife dictates I start Lost or she's going to bed (which she knows will get me everytime because I hate watching without her).
Are you saying you have this problem because you intend to watch neither live?

I'll set the game to record and lost to record and watch LOST live most likely. Ordinarily I wouldn't record LOST if were watching it live, but it's the finale and I have a feeling it will require subsequent viewings.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #1056
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is certainly a conundrum.

Mrs Flaco says that LOST will be on the HDTV. Since she's on week 15 of gestating the spawn of Flaco, I have a feeling that I'll be watching LOST at 8pm, maintaining radio silence, and fast forwarding through the Mavs game like crazy at 10.
Congrats.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #1057
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

flaco likes to get it on.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #1058
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

It will be the Mavs game for me, live, though not by choice. I'd rather watch Lost live, but my mom will be watching American Idol on one TV while recording Lost, and my dad watching the game on the other. Ergo, my decision is made for me.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #1059
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
Michael Emerson, who plays Ben Linus on ABC’s LOST, says that the season finale for Season Five will make you want to eat your soul.

“Ours is a show that specializes in big shock endings, but I think season five…” Emerson tells E Online. “None of the other shock endings left me wondering how the show goes on. We have two kinds of huge shocks at the end of this one. Each one alone would be enough to keep an audience eating its own soul for the whole hiatus, but with two, I don’t know what you can do with that.”
You know, the closer we get and the stunning silence from even interviews these people are doing on network television has me so suspicious.

This is basically all we have to go on still ^^^^ and it says that the season finale will make you want to "eat your soul".

I'm at a loss.

So...what if they do change everything. Let's accept the possibility. Then what? Won't the universe course correct? It's not like they're going to have the marshall and shannon and boone in the show again if the plane just sets down in Los Angeles, right?

I keep coming back around to the idea that they won't wipe out 5 years of character development. That would be...unwise.

So if something truly shocking, more shocking than ever before is going to happen, without 815 landing in L.A., then what the hell is it?

I am so intrigued by this stupid tv show. Whenever you do get around to watching it tomorrow(about mid 2nd quarter when the Mavs are down 23) just be ready for anything, I guess.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:41 AM   #1060
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Like if Jacob is Dirk?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #1061
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 05-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #1062
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What a wonderful and sad day, all at the same time.

I just hope they don't hang too much of a WTF over our heads for 8 months. But I know they will.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #1063
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Damon, we know you're helping to co-write the next "Star Trek" movie. . . . Can you tell us more?

Damon: My hope is that the majority of heavy lifting on "Trek 2" will be done before we dive back into writing "Lost" in mid-July, though Carlton and I and the writers have already done about a month of work on the final season.
Good lord...Damon Lindelof has greatness just oozing out of his brain all over the damn place.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051300973.html
Old 05-13-2009, 09:15 AM   #1064
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Can't wait for tonight... and the answer to your question Flaco is yes. I have small group study at the church on wednesday nights, plus then when I get home I get to put the kids to bed.

So it will be closer to 9PM before we can watch anything.

I just found out that JJ Abrams is working on Dark Tower movie. AWESOME!!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #1065
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I bought the first book in that series some months back but haven't started yet. I assume it's good, yes?

The only reason I bought it was because I've heard Cuse and Lindelof reference it so many times in LOST interviews.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-13-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #1066
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Good wouldn't be a word to describe it. The lowest I would give it is great.

Well, the first book is totally awesome. There are some of the series that are eye rollers, but they are still entertaining.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #1067
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so pumped for tonight!!!

i read a pretty interesting spoiler about a new cast member making his debut tonight....could he be Jacob?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #1068
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
so pumped for tonight!!!

i read a pretty interesting spoiler about a new cast member making his debut tonight....could he be Jacob?
I love you.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #1069
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
wat
Old 05-13-2009, 09:50 AM   #1070
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Google News "Lost season finale" and witness the multitude of interviews done by Michael Emerson and seemingly no one else.

Why him?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #1071
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been too long since I posted in this thread.

So..go Lost. I'll see you all Friday, I suppose.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #1072
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Google News "Lost season finale" and witness the multitude of interviews done by Michael Emerson and seemingly no one else.

Why him?
because he is genius

Old 05-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #1073
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post

I just found out that JJ Abrams is working on Dark Tower movie. AWESOME!!!!!
seriously? this news just made my day. I just finished the 4th book... and such a great director working with a stephen king novel is BOUND to be incredible. I just hope it doesnt extend through 6 movies...
Old 05-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #1074
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Remember all that talk about Sun and Widmore during the hiatus last year? And then they talked in this seasons premier... Whatever happened with that?

I think that kind of fizzled out, but it would be cool if Sun did or said something unexpected tonight as a result of all of that.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #1075
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Crap. Don't read what the DMN has to say about the tonight's finale, whatever you do. They just blurted out some spoilers with no warning at all, and now I know two pieces of information; One very spoilerish, and one incredibly predictable.

In fact, the predictable one was that *shock* < someone will die. > Wow, surprise.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #1076
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
so pumped for tonight!!!

link?
Old 05-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #1077
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Charlie's dead corpse says...Go Mavericks!
Old 05-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #1078
XERXES
Diamond Member

ummm that doesnt make me feel too confident about tonight's game!!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:53 PM   #1079
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm afraid to even start with this. I don't even know where I would start.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #1080
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

What were the two big WTFs?

Locke being dead?
and the Kaboooooom?

Tags
best show ever, best show on tv, excellent television, lost stubby, lost! lost! my precious!, wait - i'm lost