Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #1041
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be interested to see the reports that come out about whether the Mavs are merely disappointed by this, or are in fact angry about it. Because that's what'll tell us whether the Magic reneged on a handshake deal here. If they did, I will be wishing season-ending injuries on some of their players.

Also, just so everyone's prepared, it may be a little while before we see how the team responds in terms of player acquisitions. The odds on the Mavs using Buckner's contract in a trade just went up, but it'll be a while before he can be packaged with other players.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #1042
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Is there any other team that gets f'ed over in the history of organized sports more than the Dallas Mavericks?

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-13-2009 at 03:50 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #1043
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Oh well.

Congrats to the Magic for retaining their 10 minute back-up center.
LMAO

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #1044
OttoOC

OttoOC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I'll be interested to see the reports that come out about whether the Mavs are merely disappointed by this, or are in fact angry about it. Because that's what'll tell us whether the Magic reneged on a handshake deal here. If they did, I will be wishing season-ending injuries on some of their players.

Also, just so everyone's prepared, it may be a little while before we see how the team responds in terms of player acquisitions. The odds on the Mavs using Buckner's contract in a trade just went up, but it'll be a while before he can be packaged with other players.
If Mark Cuban feels he got screwed on this I think he'll let the world know. I am eagerly watching his Twitter account.
OttoOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #1045
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The only thing that irritates me is how confident our FO was in getting him. .
yeah. Whiffing on Gortat isn't the big surprise. Actually getting a player like Marion is off the track record. We've seen this kind of swing and a miss before from our FO. Can't wait for the db.com story about how the Mavs FO didn't screw up on this one. I'm sure they are really geniuses.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #1046
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't Houston's offer to Gortat less than the 34 million he is going to receive? So why exactly are they going to be banging on Otis Smith's door to get Gortat at a more expensive price where they have to give up some good pieces?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #1047
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Keep in mind this is the same GM who gave Rashard Lewis that ludacris deal. The man has no clue what he's doing. The Magic will be good next season, but this signing makes no sense.

At least we still have the MLE, let's go out and get someone else. We still have 4 former/potential all-stars and should still be excited about how good we'll be next season. Damp is still a capable starting center, and aside from that we still have our five that will close out games in Kidd, Jet, Howard, Marion, and Dirk. Now, there doesn't seem to be other legit big men to go after... so the question becomes, what's next on the list?
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #1048
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Huh? The only tram that is clearly better than the Mavs is the Lakers. Everyone else it is a crapshoot. Losing Gortat (did they really even have him?) doesn't drop a team from 2 all the way to 8.
hahahaha are u serious????
are u ready to watch a repeat of damp getting ran over by the nuggets and lakers bigs??
i believed the answer was gortat bc of his atleticism and ability to run the floor, control the paint, and block shots.
i dont understand why orlando would match.
i guess gortat can jus be dwight howards ***** for the rest of his carrer!!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #1049
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

some of you are just ridiculous. what more could they have done to get Gortat? they offered him money that virtually no other organization would cough up for a backup center. the can't hold a gun to otis's head (although i really want to right now) and force him not to match.
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #1050
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

There's no good reason for the Magic to keep him, NONE. It's almost like Smith just won't let himself lose him for nothing no matter what, even if he doesn't come out ahead by keeping him. What kind of asshole is this guy? If nothing else why didn't he just match on day one?

Thanks to Otis Smith..

Mavs lose
Magic lose
Gortat loses

'ppreciate it, Otis!

And Otis if you ever decided to post on this forum I'm neg repping your ass!

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-13-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #1051
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Orlando has to be thinking they are just gonna use him at least as insurance behind Howard. Maybe they fear he can become something big that they let get away for merely the MLE. He can veto anything they want to trade him for going forward if I followed correctly. Still doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #1052
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

So with the old farts all signed and delivered, McDyess, Rashweed and Artest all off the market for MLE or less.....what's left. Anthony Parker just signed with Cleveland. What centers are out there, Hollins? I guess we'll see a lot more of Marion at the 4 and Dirk at the 5 next year.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #1053
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Yeah there's a few guys we could have targeted with that MLE while it was tied up with Otis' inability to make a decision.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #1054
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Good news is this should solidify us bringing Hollins back.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #1055
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The F Otis Smith Thread

Otis, karma is a biatch, and you will see how that works.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 07-13-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #1056
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
There's no good reason for the Magic to keep him, NONE. It's almost like Smith just won't let himself lose him for nothing no matter what, even if he doesn't come out ahead by keeping him. What kind of asshole is this guy? If nothing else why didn't he just match on day one?

Look, you and just a couple others that post this kind of post are the reason that Douchers from Orlando are coming on here and attempting to rub it in our face. That is annoying enough, could you guys please relax a bit? It's one thing to be frustrated but they jump all over this crap and I hate reading it...from them!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #1057
dmavs1980

dmavs1980 will become famous soon enough

Drew Gooden lol...
Old 07-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #1058
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
some of you are just ridiculous. what more could they have done to get Gortat? they offered him money that virtually no other organization would cough up for a backup center. the can't hold a gun to otis's head (although i really want to right now) and force him not to match.
we also let Bass go for nothing in all this. Knowing that Orlando wanted Bass, they could have worked the trade angle harder before losing out on Gortat and our best backup center. They again misread the tea-leaves in this situation. What's really scary is how (over)confident they sounded. Did they bother with a plan B?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #1059
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

the only reason why i see orlando matching this deal is bc of sheed going to the celtics and shaq to the cavs!! so i guess he needs a 34mill 10 min backup center!!! hahaha
Old 07-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #1060
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Sheed would have been phenomenal. I wouldn't have lost sleep over Parker either.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #1061
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

maybe otis just saved cuban from himself..
Old 07-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #1062
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

To steal a Bill Simmons bit:

Anytime you can sign a 10 minute-a-game center for $34 million, you gotta do it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 07-13-2009 at 04:02 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #1063
mav_love

mav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nicemav_love is just really nice
Default blazin' the trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Is there any other team that gets f'ed over in the history of organized sports more than the Dallas Mavericks?
in the NBA, at least, we have tough competition from Portland.

i'm still telling myself Otis Smith gives up at the very last second, either coming down from whatever manic episode he is in or getting punched in the face by his executive assistant.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #1064
clutch#41
Golden Member

anybody have a pic of otis smith????
i wana know what a true dumb A looks like haha
Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #1065
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, the good news is that the Grizzlies released Stackhouse........
Old 07-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #1066
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Look, you and just a couple others that post this kind of post are the reason that Douchers from Orlando are coming on here and attempting to rub it in our face. That is annoying enough, could you guys please relax a bit? It's one thing to be frustrated but they jump all over this crap and I hate reading it...from them!
Eh I could care less about those lame ass Magic forum posters, or your lack of ability to tolerate the garbage they post. I'm pissed and I'm going to say my opinion.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #1067
Tokey41
Platinum Member

That team will be bleeding cash for a while. I wonder how Orlando fans are reacting to this.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #1068
OttoOC

OttoOC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
OttoOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #1069
dmavs1980

dmavs1980 will become famous soon enough

Only decent low post scoring big men i can think of atm is Drew Gooden and Big baby....eww.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #1070
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
Keep in mind this is the same GM who gave Rashard Lewis that ludacris deal. The man has no clue what he's doing. The Magic will be good next season, but this signing makes no sense.
And who traded one of their best young players (lee) to the Nets for a way past his prime player (sound familiar?). They also lost Turk in that deal. Magic wont be good for long, and probably wont get back to the Finals for a long time.

BEAT LA
Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #1071
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

As I mentioned in the other thread, not even Otis Smith understands why Otis Smith matched the offer.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #1072
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the dumb ass now:

Old 07-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #1073
badfish22
Golden Member

Otis smith just couldn't say good bye to that polish sausage..

BEAT LA
Old 07-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #1074
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default I think it will be a blessing in disguise

As the market dries up, there will be free agents out there that the Mavs can get for the MLE. Not sure if the Mavs are so f*cked up by not getting Gortat. I am not so bummed about it. Mavs still have Kidd, Howard, Marion and Dirk as the other 4. You could put Shawn Bradley as the 4th and they'd still be good. Not worries really. Event he Nivins kid looked pretty good.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #1075
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post

At least we still have the MLE, let's go out and get someone else. We still have 4 former/potential all-stars and should still be excited about how good we'll be next season. Damp is still a capable starting center, and aside from that we still have our five that will close out games in Kidd, Jet, Howard, Marion, and Dirk. Now, there doesn't seem to be other legit big men to go after... so the question becomes, what's next on the list?
I'll hold off on saying he has no idea what he's doing. I mean they did get to the East. I do wonder why not bring Turkoglu back with VC? That's what I question. Unless they feel Bass and Gortat is a better option. Which maybe the case.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #1076
clutch#41
Golden Member

haha he looks like stuart scott from espn.com lol

Last edited by clutch#41; 07-13-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #1077
Lewis4thewin

Lewis4thewin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I'll hold off on saying he has no idea what he's doing. I mean they did get to the East. I do wonder why not bring Turkoglu back with VC? That's what I question. Unless they feel Bass and Gortat is a better option. Which maybe the case.
he's already on the decline and we didnt want him for 5-6 years. even if this carter thing doesnt work we'll have a ton of cap space in 2011
Lewis4thewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #1078
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
And who traded one of their best young players (lee) to the Nets for a way past his prime player (sound familiar?). They also lost Turk in that deal. Magic wont be good for long, and probably wont get back to the Finals for a long time.
I'll drink to that. VC with a long term deal at home, is bound to have a few lazy games, problem with Orlando now, is that Superman has lost some of his lockerroom voice with VC now in town. Howard won't cross a star like VC, same thing with Kidd and the countless players who teamed with VC. VC has cred, but we all know and they all know he will take a few nights off.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #1079
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Eric Dampier is excited to hear the news.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #1080
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic threads, epic fail, f otis, hammered, he's polish, no gortat no chance, offseason trolls!, orlandomatchesoffer, otis loves polish sausage, otis you son of a..., that's racist!, the return of windmill, trade black, we win super balls now?