Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #1041
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Makes the most money, if you include endorsements, in Brooklyn. Also bigger spotlight in Brooklyn. They still don't beat the Heat.

Triple D in Dallas you win titles. Guess we'll see which is more important.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #1042
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firnen View Post
it's only that Woj guy who said that. This sucker is an incredible Nets homer. Think he even calls himself "Nets INSIDER"...
You don't remember him announcing that Melo to the NETS was a done deal last year? Don't trust any rumors... wait till the ink is dry
True, true, true, Woj is a Nets homer. Covering Howard and Williams is better than covering Humphries and Farmar. It would suck for him to suck into mediocrity, no one would care what he wrote, but now with those guys, the world would care. Good point. I mean, the Nets are losing, Avery has a reputation. They struck out with Lebron. There's a growing shadow of Linsanity a few miles up the road. Maybe he did fabricate the whole thing to give Orlando a little nudge to force a trade. Sort of his last desperate piece of sh!t to throw and see if it sticks.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #1043
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea where anybody got the idea that Woj is a "Nets homer." I'd like to a see a link with some evidence substantiating that (including his alleged claim that Melo to NJ was a "done deal").

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #1044
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I gotta say, all of this noise of him being "determined" to be a Net, and the Adidas thing are discouraging.
What is troubling is that outside forces (Adidas) could impact the situation. But someone like hdnet or any other group that cubes might get to have influence would be forbidden.

I have heard that there is some rapper dude as part owner of the nets. If he is bringing influence here I would be one pissed puppy if I were cubes and would seriously consider litigation, just to f em up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #1045
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
As soon as I saw that Woj tweet, I was wondering, "How long until Fish has some sort of pro-Mavs spin piece up addressing this?"

Well, I can't read most of this since I don't pay, but I assume that's what his latest article posted 5 minutes ago is: http://mavericks.scout.com/a.z?s=268...80sZNM.twitter
Nice try,possibly someone would summarize.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #1046
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I have heard that there is some rapper dude as part owner of the nets. If he is bringing influence here I would be one pissed puppy if I were cubes and would seriously consider litigation, just to f em up.
"Some rapper dude"? Seriously?

Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #1047
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell is a rapper?
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #1048
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
"Some rapper dude"? Seriously?
Yea..some rapper dude! .

Sheesh I had to find it myself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay-Z

"Jay-Z co-owns the 40/40 Club, is part-owner of the NBA's New Jersey Nets and is also the creator of the line Rocawear.[7] He is the former CEO of Def Jam Recordings, one of the three founders of Roc-A-Fella Records, and the founder of Roc Nation.[8] As an artist, he holds the record for most number one albums by a solo artist on the Billboard 200 with eleven.[9] Jay-Z also has had four number ones on the Billboard Hot 100, one as lead artist.
"
Old 03-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #1049
LonghornDub

Quote:
Yea..some rapper dude! .

Sheesh I had to find it myself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay-Z

"Jay-Z co-owns the 40/40 Club, is part-owner of the NBA's New Jersey Nets and is also the creator of the line Rocawear.[7] He is the former CEO of Def Jam Recordings, one of the three founders of Roc-A-Fella Records, and the founder of Roc Nation.[8] As an artist, he holds the record for most number one albums by a solo artist on the Billboard 200 with eleven.[9] Jay-Z also has had four number ones on the Billboard Hot 100, one as lead artist.
"
I knew who you were talking about. I was shocked you had apparently never heard of Jay Z. His fame extends far beyond rap. It'd be like saying that "some internet/HDTV dude" owns the Mavs.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #1050
ibivibiv

ibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really niceibivibiv is just really nice

It wouldn't surprise me if the Nets got Howard. When was the last time the Mavs nailed a really be free agent deal? This one would be HUGE. We are also working at the disadvantage of having to close TWO huge deals while the Nets only need to close one and retain an existing. All that aside I hope Cubes/Nellie get it done. Otherwise they will look like total a-holes for throwing away a winning combination in the hand for two in the bush
ibivibiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #1051
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
I have no idea where anybody got the idea that Woj is a "Nets homer." I'd like to a see a link with some evidence substantiating that (including his alleged claim that Melo to NJ was a "done deal").
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...honynets021711

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/18...with-nets-set/
Old 03-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #1052
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Fake_Prokhorov
If is true rumor that Magic of Orlando have allow Dwight Howard to run team, then Net fans don't hold breath. I am not surrender power.
If you're on Twitter, follow Fake_Prokhorov. Funny stuff.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #1053
LonghornDub

Appreciate the links, but I don't see him saying it was a "done deal," nor do I see any form of homerism from him. He reported "advanced talks" including a framework. I doubt he was wrong.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #1054
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibivibiv View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the Nets got Howard. When was the last time the Mavs nailed a really be free agent deal? This one would be HUGE. We are also working at the disadvantage of having to close TWO huge deals while the Nets only need to close one and retain an existing. All that aside I hope Cubes/Nellie get it done. Otherwise they will look like total a-holes for throwing away a winning combination in the hand for two in the bush
When was the last time the Mavs had the cap space to get a major free agent? Cubes did throw out the seed that the NBA market would correct itself come 2013, when the harder lux tax hits.....does his NBA feelers show neither will be here, thus the seed planting last week. I trust Cuban-Nelson with cap space and the flexibility going forward.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #1055
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I knew who you were talking about. I was shocked you had apparently never heard of Jay Z. His fame extends far beyond rap. It'd be like saying that "some internet/HDTV dude" owns the Mavs.
Lol... I don't partake of much rap stuff. I would have heard of cubes because I am interested in sport/high tech. But rapper dudes, not so much.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #1056
LonghornDub

Quote:
Lol... I don't partake of much rap stuff. I would have heard of cubes because I am interested in sport/high tech. But rapper dudes, not so much.
I definitely figured rap isn't your thing, but he is quite famous outside of that. This may also be a quasi-generational gap, though.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #1057
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Make no mistake, Woj is THE authority on player movement. Discount his sources at your own risk.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #1058
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Make no mistake, Woj is THE authority on player movement. Discount his sources at your own risk.
But Melo didn't get to NJ, nevertheless, he's painting this picture of Howard that is not a good image, if false. I mean you create this whole idea that Howard from the start has mislead a group of 40-50-60 year olds for the better part of 12-18 months? Telling Magic brass get him players he can play with or he's gone. Get SVG to lighten up or I'm gone. Geez, with this cloud Jameer Nelson is having the worst year. For Woj to paint a picture of Howard like this is brutal for his image. If true, Dwight Howard is a selfish liar, I don't want him any where near the Mavs.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #1059
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Woj's LeBron James prediction a week before The Decision:

Quote:
The Chicago Bulls are still the team to beat, with Cleveland a close second and New Jersey the looming wild card. Several people in the process remain dubious about the idea of the Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and James scenario with the Miami Heat. No one believes it fits James’ DNA, nor his agenda.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-13-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #1060
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

Geez you guys are really being harsh on the guy. He may have missed a couple of speculative trade scenarios but overall he is pretty credible and has good sources. Unlike SAS who just goes on NBA trade machine, sees what would be fun/ possible then says its likely....

Last edited by DTownKidd; 03-13-2012 at 03:23 PM.
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #1061
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I definitely figured rap isn't your thing, but he is quite famous outside of that. This may also be a quasi-generational gap, though.
I have heard of this rapper dude, but not enough to make note of him when I heard hemwasmpart owner.

Maybe cubes needs to get the fubu dude to be a part owner so he can throw endorsements under the table.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #1062
LonghornDub

Quote:
Maybe cubes needs to get the fubu dude to be a part owner so he can throw endorsements under the table.
Now there's an idea.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #1063
LonghornDub

Berger says Magic "coming to grips" with trading Howard, Nets in the lead:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...n-nets-in-lead

Unfortunate if true.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 03-13-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #1064
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't discount Woj, but if I had a nickel for every Dwight Howard rumor...

We'll see what happens when it actually happens.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #1065
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Official: Dwight Howard traded for Peyton Manning

Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #1066
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTownKidd View Post
Geez you guys are really being harsh on the guy. He may have missed a couple of speculative trade scenarios but overall he is pretty credible and has good sources. Unlike SAS who just goes on NBA trade machine, sees what would be fun/ possible then says its likely....
yea, we should direct that harshness to Howard for being a manipulative liar, laying in the way for his perfect opportunity to pounce. If I was Orlando, I'd ship his ass out to a rental, GSW or Houston. Get what you can. Boo the sh!t out of him when he shows up in Dallas. Make him into the NBA's most hated. He had us all fooled, not just Devos, the dude split the Magic front office, it's too bad SVG will probalby lose his job over this garbage and he was the one behind closed doors pining for a trade along with Otis Smith. Alex Martins, you're an a$$.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #1067
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Are you sure? I've heard reports that Peyton's arm strength is a long ways off.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #1068
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
yea, we should direct that harshness to Howard for being a manipulative liar, laying in the way for his perfect opportunity to pounce. If I was Orlando, I'd ship his ass out to a rental, GSW or Houston. Get what you can. Boo the sh!t out of him when he shows up in Dallas. Make him into the NBA's most hated. He had us all fooled, not just Devos, the dude split the Magic front office, it's too bad SVG will probalby lose his job over this garbage and he was the one behind closed doors pining for a trade along with Otis Smith. Alex Martins, you're an a$$.
Unfortunately, I think the Nets can offer better deals than GSW or Houston. Yea Houston could give Martin, Lowry, Scola, but they would be stupid to give those for a rental and their expirings are virtually worthless.

GSW Besides Ellis, Lee, Curry, who obviously the Magic would be after have nothing either.

The Nets on the other hand don't have a problem parting with Lopez, who is a decent replacement, possibly a draft pick or 2, Brooks and whatever else.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #1069
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
If you're on Twitter, follow Fake_Prokhorov. Funny stuff.
"I am hear Nets lose to team from Miami by many points. Is great moral victory as Chris Bosh is for sure future WNBA Hall of Fame player."

Lolz.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #1070
DTownKidd

In the end, congrats Dwight, you could have been liked if you stay in Orlando or possible won a championship if you came here. But no, you want to leave the #3 team in the east, where you can get to most money, probably have a decent shot if you get a player or two...to go play for a team with 1 player!!! NJ will never win a championship during his career. Also, why wouldnt you want to go to chicago...it appears you have other motives that are not basketball related, no passion for the game...build your brand or whatever... What a fucking bum...I have so much more respect for Rose, Durant, Nash, Love, ect. than this pussy

Last edited by DTownKidd; 03-13-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #1071
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

For the record, I'm not saying to take what Woj says as gospel. He's obviously been wrong before (Stephen A. scooped him on the Lebron/Miami thing). But saying he's a Nets homer is ridiculous. That guy breaks more trades than anyone in the business.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-13-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #1072
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

My completely unrelated take on Woj's credibility: He predicted the Blazers to sweep us last year.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #1073
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
My completely unrelated take on Woj's credibility: He predicted the Blazers to sweep us last year.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't put any stock in his analysis. His sources are a different story.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #1074
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
"I am hear Nets lose to team from Miami by many points. Is great moral victory as Chris Bosh is for sure future WNBA Hall of Fame player."

Lolz.
I love when he calls him "Brooke Lopez."

Old 03-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #1075
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If this plays out as it appears to be, I'd start to get to love the idea of Nash coming back.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #1076
dude1394
Guru

So when is the deadline again so I can quit seeing the Dwight posts?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #1077
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Quote:
For the record, I'm not saying to take what Woj says as gospel. He's obviously been wrong before (Stephen A. scooped him on the Lebron/Miami thing). But saying he's a Nets homer is ridiculous. That guy breaks more trades than anyone in the business.
Yea but this is not a trade, this is nothing more than painting a horrible picture of what Howard has been doing for the last 18 months. Is he breaking a story, possibly, because a lot of us were fooled by Howard's image as a happy go lucky talent of the NBA, but behind it all, he had a goal and that was Brooklyn from Day 1. Telling Magic brass to get Nash, Ellis, a superstar etc. When all along he wanted Brooklyn from Day 1. He lied to DeVos a man who has one dream and that was winning a championship, he lied to him. He coudl have said, I want Brooklyn, get me there, do a mini-Melo, but he painted a different picture above the crudeness that he is.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #1078
dude1394
Guru

Nevermind..

"If no newcomer is acquired by Wednesday, sources said, Magic officials plan to spend the final 24 hours before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET deadline evaluating all of their trade options and then deciding Thursday whether to stick to their long-standing desire to roll the dice and keep Howard beyond the deadline or make the best available trade."

Crap two more days of this...but conversely before the next Mavs game it will have become clear as mud.

Last edited by dude1394; 03-13-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #1079
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
21 points and grabs 15 balls per game? My PPR fantasy football team is going to be sweet!

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 03-13-2012 at 05:14 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #1080
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
If this plays out as it appears to be, I'd start to get to love the idea of Nash coming back.
I could live with signing Nash to a 1-year deal, especially with unrestricted FA's like Chris Paul, Jose Calderon and Jarrett Jack becoming available in 2013.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-13-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight