Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-26-2003, 11:42 PM   #1041
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Define "white"? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Is the league suspenision of Eduardo Najera the worst miscarriage of justice by the league office this year?
Old 02-26-2003, 11:54 PM   #1042
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

What will happen at the Sacto game to protest Najera's unfair treatment?
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 03:08 AM   #1043
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Maybe all the fans will show up with dark glasses and canes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Would anyone honestly hire Stu(pid) Jackson to run a Dairy Queen or any other kind of business that serves the customers for that matter?
Old 02-27-2003, 09:54 AM   #1044
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

No, he should be part of the clean up crew.

If you could get away with it, what would you most like to throw at Stu?
(and it lands right between his eyes) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2003, 10:26 AM   #1045
LRB
Guru

Brains, because he sure needs some.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

If it was up to you, would you fire the ref who blew the call against Eddie?
Old 02-28-2003, 12:39 AM   #1046
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

No. I'd fire Stern.

Were we better tonight against Sac?
Old 02-28-2003, 12:42 AM   #1047
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

no - there isn't such a thing as a "good" loss

K Clark - should we have signed him
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 01:21 AM   #1048
LRB
Guru

No. But Nellie should have but Bradley in the game so his crappy ass wouldn't have been able to hit the winning shot. Keon Clark is not the problem, it's the coaches attitude.

Did you like tonight's announcers?
Old 02-28-2003, 10:59 AM   #1049
Chiwas
Guru

Nope. Too much Sac.

Do they play at full throttle?
Old 02-28-2003, 12:50 PM   #1050
LRB
Guru

Unfortunately not in clutch time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Will you miss Emmitt as a cowboy?
Old 02-28-2003, 01:24 PM   #1051
Chiwas
Guru

Yes.

Do Kings' fans are "soft" dolls almost crying as Shewebb every time Nájera touches her pretty hairs?
Old 02-28-2003, 01:42 PM   #1052
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Yes

If Najera struck a ref intentionally, what would his injury be?
Old 02-28-2003, 02:46 PM   #1053
Chiwas
Guru

Impossible to think about it.

A serious question: how could you avoid the electricity by friction when you get out of your vehicle? It happens to me all the time and when I touch the car's door to close it or the garage door, it jumps a little spark through my hand. I'm tired of it.
Old 02-28-2003, 06:49 PM   #1054
LRB
Guru

You need to be well grounded.

What are the Mavs chances of winning a championship playing small ball?
Old 02-28-2003, 06:53 PM   #1055
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Slim and none.

According to chef Emiril Lagasse how long do you stir a roux?
Old 02-28-2003, 09:43 PM   #1056
LRB
Guru

Are you kidding, I don't even have a clue what a roux is.

Can you name 10 good things about France?
Old 02-28-2003, 11:19 PM   #1057
Chiwas
Guru

Yes.

Are programmers human beings?
Old 02-28-2003, 11:21 PM   #1058
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Yes, just strange ones.

And again, since LRB doesn't know...

According to chef Emiril Lagasse how long do you stir a roux?
Old 02-28-2003, 11:37 PM   #1059
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

You get somebody else to do it.

Is Bill Walton human?

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 01:04 AM   #1060
LRB
Guru

That's highly debateable.

Does Sweets have a thing for Emiril?
Old 03-01-2003, 01:28 AM   #1061
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

Apparently.

Is LRB jealous?
Old 03-01-2003, 01:37 AM   #1062
LRB
Guru

Of course I'm jealous, I don't even know what a roux is. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ok, what is a roux?
Old 03-01-2003, 01:59 AM   #1063
mavs_afroman

mavs_afroman is on a distinguished road

How to Make a Roux
From your Southern U.S. Cuisine Guide

A roux is a base of flour and fat used to thicken and flavor many Creole and Cajun dishes.

Difficulty Level: Easy Time Required: 15 minutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's How:
Melt 1/2 cup (unless a specific amount is called for) of butter, shortening, oil, or other fat in a heavy skillet over very low heat.
Gradually sprinkle the hot melted fat with the same proportion of flour and immediately begin stirring.
Stir the mixture constantly until it reaches the desired color, which may take from 15 to 30 minutes.
Remove from the heat and continue stirring until it has cooled down a bit and there's no risk of burning.
Add herbs, vegetables, or whatever your recipe calls for or store roux tightly covered in the refrigerator for later use.

Tips:

A dark roux will thicken less than light roux.
If black specks appear in the roux, it has burned and you'll have to start over.
If roux is made ahead and refrigerated, pour excess oil from the surface before reheating, or let it return to room temperature.

Mavs home unis or away?

(Sorry Sweets I know this still doesn't answer your question.)
Old 03-01-2003, 02:16 AM   #1064
LRB
Guru

Home. And I hope to see a lot of them in the playoffs.

Will Sweets ever tell us the answer to the Cosmo servery?
Old 03-01-2003, 08:41 AM   #1065
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Yes, in due time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

(BTW, according to Emiril you stir your roux, equal parts flour and fat, for the time it takes you to drink two beers...and some days you make the roux over and over and over. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And for God's sake Mavs_afroman you DO NOT refrigerate and reuse a roux. That's just wrong!)

Where does LRB eat most of his meals, 7-11 or McDonald's?
Old 03-01-2003, 10:52 AM   #1066
LRB
Guru

LOL Sweets, actually I avoid both like the plague. I'm more of a Wendy's and Subway kind of guy. Although it's going to be more of Subway for the next few months.

Should Sweets start a cooking thread and becoume the Dallas-Mavs.com Culinary Maven to educate use neanderthals that frequent the board? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 11:59 AM   #1067
Chiwas
Guru

Sure.

Is SS reading too many magazines lately?
Old 03-01-2003, 12:13 PM   #1068
LRB
Guru

Possibly.

Is Chiwas changing his icon too much lately? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 03:02 PM   #1069
Chiwas
Guru

Not really. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Is LRB even better poster than before the surgery? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2003, 03:08 PM   #1070
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Yes, the pain killers are helping him tap into his creative side.

Should the icons only be used by one person?
Old 03-01-2003, 03:26 PM   #1071
LRB
Guru

Ideally, but we would need more icons or the ability to creat a custom one. (DJ hint, hint [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Is Sweets Cosmo thread the best ever in the lounge?
Old 03-01-2003, 03:49 PM   #1072
Chiwas
Guru

No doubt. Better the answer be great, if not, we are going to solicit the banning.

SS: could you tell us if our answers are "warm" or "cold"?
Old 03-01-2003, 03:57 PM   #1073
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

There might already be a correct answer in there, but which one.

How many posts before I reveal the answer and the winner?
Old 03-01-2003, 04:10 PM   #1074
LRB
Guru

Tease. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Is Sweets among the 3%?
Old 03-01-2003, 04:15 PM   #1075
Chiwas
Guru

She is among the 100% to be soon banned.

Where is OP?
Old 03-01-2003, 04:24 PM   #1076
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Outerspace

Does Chiwas secretly believe he really is a tiger?
Old 03-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #1077
Chiwas
Guru

I don't think so.

How many tongues does SS have?
Old 03-01-2003, 04:43 PM   #1078
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Wouldn't you like to know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Has Chiwas dyed his hair black with orange stripes?
Old 03-01-2003, 04:47 PM   #1079
Chiwas
Guru

Grey stripes, in fact.

Does SS like my new look today?
Old 03-01-2003, 04:51 PM   #1080
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

Hell no! (you're kicked out of the D-M.com Najera fan club)

How many places will ban Uberdirk this season?