Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-24-2019, 06:17 PM   #1081
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Wow I wish Malcolm Brogdon would play on our basketball team
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2019, 07:07 PM   #1082
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

KD isnt coming and the reason is Luka. KD wanna be the man and (finally again) the beloved hero on his new team. He can have that with the Knicks and Clippers etc. He wont have that in Dallas. He will be the best player, but Luka will get all the love. Thats pretty clear after his rookie year.

I changed my mind on Jimmy Butler. He would be a great fit and does everything for winning, like Luka. The same mindset. There is some risk he may headbutts with Rick but i dont think so. The whole team will be so damn focused on winning, the completly opposite of that Wolves roster garbage with Towns and Wiggins

Butler was on Hot Ones and it was really interesting to hear about his mindset etc. And Sean Evans is one of the best interviewer in the entire media world, he does amazing research...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Alsk1lQ_no

Last edited by sefant77; 05-24-2019 at 07:07 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:39 PM   #1083
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

If the Mavs spend max money on a player, I'm pretty sure it won't be Butler... for a lot of reasons.

The Mavs can afford to be picky to get the right mix. If they don't see the right player, they can put together some good players on shorter contracts until the summer of 2021 when at least 10 all-stars become free agents including Giannis Antetokounmpo, Damian Lillard, LeBron James, Blake Griffin, Paul George, CJ McCollum, Bradley Beal, Rudy Gobert and Victor Oladipo. I don't think they need to be in a hurry to spend money if the player doesn't fit the profile they want.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:52 PM   #1084
Rostick

Rostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura aboutRostick has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I changed my mind on Jimmy Butler. He would be a great fit and does everything for winning, like Luka. The same mindset. There is some risk he may headbutts with Rick but i dont think so. The whole team will be so damn focused on winning, the completly opposite of that Wolves roster garbage with Towns and Wiggins

Butler was on Hot Ones and it was really interesting to hear about his mindset etc. And Sean Evans is one of the best interviewer in the entire media world, he does amazing research...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Alsk1lQ_no
So the Wolves were not focused on winning? I think they wanted to win just as bad as everybody else. I can`t imagine Butler coming here and accepting to play second fiddle to a 20 year old European who wants the ball in his hands. KP is better than him as well, so no way Butler would accept being the 3rd option, he would be a cancer just like in Minny, or maybe worse.

Last edited by Rostick; 05-25-2019 at 10:54 PM.
Rostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:23 PM   #1085
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah no thanks to Butler. I’d much prefer Beverly at half the price + a big.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:00 AM   #1086
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Opinion changed by a hot sauce show on YouTube is a new one
Old 05-26-2019, 09:44 AM   #1087
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Can you imagine what we’d do if Butler came and demanded the ball more when we have Doncic?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #1088
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Head case Butler is a genuine worry, but non head case Butler puts us on the map in a very serious way. He fought his ass off in the Toronto series often carrying the team on his back. That definitely shined a positive light on him.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #1089
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Butler worries me. His demanding ways will change the Mavs culture and nobody knows whether it will be for the good (Sixers) or the bad (Wolves)
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:02 PM   #1090
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

Butler isn’t happening. Can you imagine him and KP? Too much ego in one room.

Next...
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:03 PM   #1091
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

No to Butler. Maybe a few year ago and he’s still a good player but too many issue IMO. He would be a great fit skill wise but the baggage is not worth the risk at his age.

No to MAX Middleton. I like him a lot but not MAX.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:03 PM   #1092
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not high on Butler either. Not a high character guy, first grade diva. Best case is Beverly and Brogdon I guess? Harris maybe, but he'll be too expensive.

Generally I like the stream of speculation atm. Locked on Isaac isn't super plugged in, but he most definitely knows something he is extremely excited about. Add Windhorst theorizing about possible deals done at the combine and the mysterious Dwight situation and there's a real chance the Mavs have already set in motion their A plan (and that it's looking good so far).
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 02:02 PM   #1093
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Opinion changed by a hot sauce show on YouTube is a new one
wrong but whatever
Old 05-26-2019, 02:04 PM   #1094
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostick View Post
So the Wolves were not focused on winning? I think they wanted to win just as bad as everybody else.
No, they didnt and they didnt show enoug dedication.
Old 05-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #1095
taibumu

taibumu will become famous soon enoughtaibumu will become famous soon enough

Randle + Brogdon + Beverly this is my choice.

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk
taibumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:47 PM   #1096
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
No, they didnt and they didnt show enoug dedication.
What?
Old 05-26-2019, 09:02 PM   #1097
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone kidnap Windhort's dog and figure out who we signed at the combine.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:08 PM   #1098
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Someone kidnap Windhort's dog and figure out who we signed at the combine.
Is this really a thing? I can't remember him ever reporting on something Mavs related that was actually relevant.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:26 AM   #1099
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Is this really a thing? I can't remember him ever reporting on something Mavs related that was actually relevant.
Speculation based on the weird Powell "opt out news". He said on multiple pods that he feels like Dallas is up to something and that they might already have a plan in place that will unfold in July 1st.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:12 AM   #1100
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Butler is exactly what this team needs. Great scorer and defender and isn’t afraid of big moments. I don’t think he’d want to play here but he’d be my favorite target if he did.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #1101
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Butler is exactly what this team needs. Great scorer and defender and isn’t afraid of big moments. I don’t think he’d want to play here but he’d be my favorite target if he did.
Why wouldn't he want to play here? I dont know why anyone wouldn't want to play here. Totally invested owner. Great coach, trainers, a hall of fame player that took pay cuts at times and stayed for his entire 21 year career. 2 key young guys that are all-stars and a Great fan base.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:09 PM   #1102
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Speculation based on the weird Powell "opt out news". He said on multiple pods that he feels like Dallas is up to something and that they might already have a plan in place that will unfold in July 1st.
Seemed like he was just talking out of his ass when he said it.

Old 05-27-2019, 08:03 PM   #1103
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Seemed like he was just talking out of his ass when he said it.
I don't believe that a writer would talk out of their ass in American sports
Old 05-27-2019, 08:45 PM   #1104
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Why wouldn't he want to play here? I dont know why anyone wouldn't want to play here. Totally invested owner. Great coach, trainers, a hall of fame player that took pay cuts at times and stayed for his entire 21 year career. 2 key young guys that are all-stars and a Great fan base.
I'd rather play in the East with Embed then I would the Mavs with Luka.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:32 PM   #1105
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't hitch a toy wagon to embiid let alone my career. I'd bet the sixers quietly shop him this offseason and get very lukewarm responses.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:08 PM   #1106
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Embid is a very good player and a top C in the league....But at this point he has done nothing to make me pick him over Luka and the way Simmons is playing isn’t helping much. At this point as a younger player, I pick Dallas and Luka +KP over almost every other place in the league. GS is on a level of it own but they don’t have room for good players. Every other team doesn’t have much better to offer than the Mavs.

I would pick playing with Luka over Lebron at this point. Greek Freak and Kwhi are the only other 2 players I consider playing with over Luka at this point.

Last edited by AO41; 05-27-2019 at 11:10 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:59 AM   #1107
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Embid is a giant health scare. That said Butler will follow his comfort zone. I think Dallas is still too young for Butler. He'll be 30 when the season starts. Going with Dallas would mean having to take a risk with a youth movement on an unproven team. Butler will likely have suitors in bigger markets that have more experience in the playoffs.

As good as Dallas looks on paper, it's still just a vision. This is one problem Dallas can't dance around no matter how much money they have.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:13 AM   #1108
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

While I haven’t been able to stay close to the NBA rumor mill, I think there is a strong possibility we are looking at a Randle + Beverly or Green combo signing.

Personally, I rather prefer this over over committing 30+ million to one a guy that will be in his 30s for the majority of the contract.

Randle is an interesting fit as he can own the paint on offense while allowing KP to play the 5 on defense. I realize some will struggle with his limitations, but when you consider you can get a lock down 3&D player with him for the same price as a Walker; hard not to consider it.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:46 AM   #1109
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
While I haven’t been able to stay close to the NBA rumor mill, I think there is a strong possibility we are looking at a Randle + Beverly or Green combo signing.

Personally, I rather prefer this over over committing 30+ million to one a guy that will be in his 30s for the majority of the contract.

Randle is an interesting fit as he can own the paint on offense while allowing KP to play the 5 on defense. I realize some will struggle with his limitations, but when you consider you can get a lock down 3&D player with him for the same price as a Walker; hard not to consider it.
I'd legitimately prefer Powell to randle... and I'm not a Powell fan. I wouldn't want randle and his awful defense no shooting combo for free.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:48 AM   #1110
taibumu

taibumu will become famous soon enoughtaibumu will become famous soon enough

Quote:

+1

This is the Luka team. He is the commander and you need player around him for several years, not old stars for only one or two seasons.

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk
taibumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:08 PM   #1111
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:

I like the Randle and Beverly fit but we need some kind of defensive presence on the wing or we are going to have the most points scored on us in the entire NBA
Old 05-28-2019, 01:47 PM   #1112
SMC0007
Guru

Dedmon. Get him. Even if it means we would have to go with Beverley instead of Kemba.

Randle is just settling.

Old 05-28-2019, 02:30 PM   #1113
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Dedmon. Get him. Even if it means we would have to go with Beverley instead of Kemba.

Randle is just settling.
Dedmon + Beverly would be amazing and immediately change our identity.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:55 PM   #1114
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I just read this article about Middleton and now I'm not really sure he fits. Seems like he's always struggling with something

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...nd-second-star
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #1115
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Dedmon + Beverly would be amazing and immediately change our identity.
I'd be very happy with that. I know a lot of people want a star like Kemba, but I would be happy with a starting-caliber player at every position, playing their preferred position.

Dedmon
KP
Doncic
Hardaway
Beverly

Powell and Brunson coming off the bench to provide some oomph from the second unit.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:31 PM   #1116
SMC0007
Guru

For what we would pay Middleton it doesnt fill enough voids we have, when we could perhaps get Dedmon and Beverley for that price range.

Old 05-28-2019, 04:59 PM   #1117
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
For what we would pay Middleton it doesnt fill enough voids we have, when we could perhaps get Dedmon and Beverley for that price range.
Agreed. I like the player. I like the fit, but paying a 3/D guy 25-30 million seems silly to me.

You sign someone cheap or you try to develop guys like DFS into that role. You don't spend all your cap on a guy like that when you still need 2-3 starting-caliber players.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:03 PM   #1118
JJP

I agree about Dedmon and Beverley, but I would add that Beverley is going to the highest bidder, and several teams are rumored interested in him even if we get past the Clippers.

I doubt Kemba will really be in play for the Mavs no matter what happens. I'm of the mind that the Mavs won't feel obligated to overspend given the players that will become available in the next year or two (and the fact that the Mavs will likely have money in both years). The hard part is figuring out who the mavs have really targeted this season. I honestly don't think we know.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:18 PM   #1119
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Agreed. I like the player. I like the fit, but paying a 3/D guy 25-30 million seems silly to me.

You sign someone cheap or you try to develop guys like DFS into that role. You don't spend all your cap on a guy like that when you still need 2-3 starting-caliber players.
Yup. As far as development goes I could see Jackson over DFS. I'm hoping he has a breakout season.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #1120
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I feel this goes for Brogdon as well. Both guys are decent players, but they aren't going to move the needle the way some fans think.

Tags
win now