Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-13-2009, 11:44 PM   #1081
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

that magnetism stuff at the end looked like student film stuff...weak effects. And Juliet was pretty bad in this one.

what did Richard answer to the question? And what did they mean they said Jeff Fayhey might be a "Candidate"?

so we're dealing with rival (little g) gods or demigods? Or the duality (Good/Evil Ying/Yang) of the universe? Any takes on that from our Lost faithful?

how stupid would that little god have to be to leave Locke's body intact in the plane?? Seems like an obvious move to cover your tracks.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 05-13-2009 at 11:44 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #1082
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to pose a couple of questions or observations. Understand, this is 1/100th of the LOST theory I will unleash upon this place tomorrow.

This is what I think is important:

Focus on the conversation between Jacob and....err...? We need to find a name for this character. Many will theorize this other island god or such is Smokey...I don't know about that.

Anyway. Their conversation. He seemed to imply that Jacob was bringing that ship to the island. Toying with them in a way. That it's all a game.

The Flashbacks. Take them all into account. The touching was very important. He touched every one of them. Even Locke. (Not Miles, btw)

The conflict between the two...the statue was intact. It was the 1700's? One wearing light, one wearing black.

The logo at the end of the episode flashed white. This corresponds with the nuclear blast and what was already on screen...true. Could be just a hair up the production teams ass. But then in the..."ad" we'll call it, for next week, they flash up a new logo in White as well.

"Locke: Two players. Two sides. One is light. One is dark. Walt... do you wanna know a secret?"

Yeah. Think about it.

Now think....what if Jacob was the evil one?

Was Jacob bringing everyone to the island to toy with them? To play his game? Was the touching something that meant "you will come to the island if I touch you"? Why were some of the interactions after the crash and some before?

I haven't even tackled the issue of the bomb and the Oceanic 6 and company yet. I haven't even considered it in my LOST pants. Wowza.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #1083
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

B.T.DUB

Christian? This whole time? Re-animated/vision via Jacob?

Or was he the evil...thing...the whole time?

What does the ash mean?

Dammit I have to go to sleep.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #1084
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

flaco, its certainly a light v darkness dichotomy...for now, I'm comfortable with thinking of Jacob as the "Light" and "Yet to be unnamed guy" as the "Dark"...

I wonder how you kill a "god" or "demigod" with a knife? How is Ben the loophole?

who the heck are these peeps carrying around Locke? They seem to be in the "know" about at least who their serving. Seems like a cult or something?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #1085
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
B.T.DUB

What does the ash mean?

Smokey? It would be something if Smokey turns out to be something more than just a security system.

I have a hard time accepting Jacob as a good guy....especially after the Nadia scene, that wasn't just a coincidence, right?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-14-2009 at 12:06 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:06 AM   #1086
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
B.T.DUB

What does the ash mean?

when they were in the shack, they said something about how someone was using it...but seemed to imply that it wasn't Jacob. Evil guy perhaps?...looking for his loophole?

Old 05-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #1087
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Smokey? It would be something if Smokey turns out to be something more than just a security system.

I have a hard time accepting Jacob as a good guy....especially after the Nadia scene, that wasn't just a coincidence, right?
I'm really doubting it...its something, but not either one of those two "beings".

Old 05-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #1088
sike
The Preacha

Rose and Bernard felt EXTREMELY tacked on and cheap.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #1089
sike
The Preacha

with this Jacob and "Man in black"...the entire show instantly starts feeling like a Greek legend.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:12 AM   #1090
sike
The Preacha

what lies in the shadow of the statue? What was Richard's answer?

Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #1091
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

According to the lost forum I read it was, "Our leader He who will save us all!".........translated from "Ille qui nos omnes servabit"

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 05-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #1092
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
According to the lost forum I read it was, "Our leader He who will save us all!".........translated from "Ille qui nos omnes servabit"
thanks, Mary. seems about right. Unless he's dead.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:24 AM   #1093
sike
The Preacha

So Richard was a sailor on that Ship? Ricardos?

Old 05-14-2009, 12:25 AM   #1094
mary
Troll Hunter

He certainly didn't put up much of a fight. In fact, he said exactly the thing to Ben that would piss him off the most.

I wonder if he was pulling an Obi-Wan-Kenobi.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #1095
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
He certainly didn't put up much of a fight. In fact, he said exactly the thing to Ben that would piss him off the most.

I wonder if he was pulling an Obi-Wan-Kenobi.
he is really big on the whole "free will" thing isn't he? kinda like they don't think we're smart enough to get it...so he says it tons of times to hammer it home. (As if from the beginning scene "Jacob" had tried many times to get men to use their free will and do the right thing, but as the "man in black" says...they always end up in greed, murder, betrayal, etc...)

Anyone else get a very Nietzsche vibe to the whole, man killing god thing at the end?

Ben, Sawyer, Locke were about the only really good acting performances in this episode from the main cast...

Old 05-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #1096
sike
The Preacha

"But when he asks to see you...he gets marched straight up here as if he was MOSES"...amazingly written and even more amazingly delivered line. The look fake Locke gives "Jacob" right after Ben says that is VERY interesting.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:38 AM   #1097
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
that magnetism stuff at the end looked like student film stuff...weak effects. And Juliet was pretty bad in this one.
In every one, sike. In every one.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #1098
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
In every one, sike. In every one.
nah...she was ok when she was giving that odd little look...you know, that one she gave like 98.6 percent of the time.

I LOVED the Jacob stuff...but the other storyline seemed almost forced or rushed...just not on pitch.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #1099
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
nah...she was ok when she was giving that odd little look...you know, that one she gave like 98.6 percent of the time.
She and Keanu Reeves attended the same acting school.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:52 AM   #1100
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

FOUND!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #1101
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I assumed the ship was the Black Rock.

I assumed "the loophole" was that non-Jacob was unable to kill Jacob himself. So, after apparently a very long time, he was able to get someone to do it for him.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:56 AM   #1102
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
She and Keanu Reeves attended the same acting school.
hahaha....if you think about her character arc...its pretty insane. I actually liked her when she was just a mind twisting Ben servant.

I so want to know if Jacob IS that Egyptian god...I feel it has to be "no"...but would like it to be "yes".

Old 05-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #1103
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I assumed "the loophole" was that non-Jacob was unable to kill Jacob himself. So, after apparently a very long time, he was able to get someone to do it for him.
You could be right, but that doesn't sound like much of a "loophole," which usually implies some sort of obscure technicality. If the rule is simply that one entity (guy in black) can't kill Jacob, but anybody else can, I think "loophole" would be an awful word to describe it.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-14-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #1104
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
I assumed the ship was the Black Rock.

I assumed both as well...but it has to be more detailed than...he had to get someone else to do it. Its like it had to be someone who had been a part of Jacob's gang or game or chosen few...etc.

Its hard not to love Ben...he just wants his.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:58 AM   #1105
LonghornDub

Quote:
hahaha....if you think about her character arc...its pretty insane. I actually liked her when she was just a mind twisting Ben servant.
The only reason I like her on the show is that she's fairly easy on the eyes. But I do think she's definitely had some moments in her story arc that fit her "acting style" better than other moments.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:00 AM   #1106
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
The only reason I like her on the show is that she's fairly easy on the eyes. But I do think she's definitely had some moments in her story arc that fit her "acting style" better than other moments.
I am not a fan of "good" Juliet...but sneaky Juliet was interesting.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:03 AM   #1107
LonghornDub

Quote:
I am not a fan of "good" Juliet...but sneaky Juliet was interesting.
I have a friend who works for a DFW paper and interviewed her last year (since she's from Highland Park), and my friend said she was a really nice, humble lady. So I'll give her some props for that, since so many Hollywood types are complete d-bags.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #1108
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I have a friend who works for a DFW paper and interviewed her last year (since she's from Highland Park), and my friend said she was a really nice, humble lady. So I'll give her some props for that, since so many Hollywood types are complete d-bags.
well...I don't care about here any more...just got blowded up!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:14 AM   #1109
sike
The Preacha

good night, lost.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #1110
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I was reading lost-forum.com and someone referred to non-Locke as "Esau." Good move. Kinda like how Ben was referred to as "Fenry (Fake Henry)" until Season 3. I think I'm gonna do that for the next EIGHT MONTHS OF MY LIFE.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:24 AM   #1111
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

loop hole = Non-Jacob being able to manipulate and use other people's human forms (John Locke) to travel through time with Jacob until finally finding someone that has the balls to kill Jacob (Ben).

Here's my mind f: Jacob asked Ilana to help him out. She agrees. She forms a team, brings Locke's dead body onto the plane and onto the island. Yet the living Locke is killing Jacob at the same time. WTF?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #1112
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:27 AM   #1113
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

mind = blown
Old 05-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #1114
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Rose and Bernard felt EXTREMELY tacked on and cheap.
Wow. I thought that was kind of...I don't know...sweet. I was happy for them. Whatever else happened, I was hoping they could go on like that.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #1115
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Here's my mind f: Jacob asked Ilana to help him out. She agrees. She forms a team, brings Locke's dead body onto the plane and onto the island. Yet the living Locke is killing Jacob at the same time. WTF?
Jack and Ben put Locke's body on the plane.

That ain't the living Locke dude. That's the guy that was in the first scene of the episode with Jacob... At least, I think that's what we're supposed to assume anyway. I wish they had given that guy a name.

How did she know Jacob already? I liked how she was in a hospital with her head all bandaged up. Ilana flashback next season anyone?
Old 05-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #1116
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

btw...the fish in the beginning: Red herring?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #1117
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
btw...the fish in the beginning: Red herring?
hahaha...if so, genius.

Maybe the loophole is as obvious as "the leader" of Jacob's people has to kill him? Which would another very good reason that "only the leader see Jacob...and only when Jacob requests the meeting." and "There can only be one leader on the island", etc.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #1118
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It felt a lot like the whole thing where Widmore asked Ben

"have you come here to kill me?"

Ben: "We both know I can't do that"
Old 05-14-2009, 09:19 AM   #1119
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
It felt a lot like the whole thing where Widmore asked Ben

"have you come here to kill me?"

Ben: "We both know I can't do that"
I thought that was become one "other" cannot kill another...or some such.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:33 AM   #1120
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I hate this show.

Instead of working, I am reading about underground nuclear tests to try and figure out if the intention of the writers was to imply that the whole island just got blown the F up and Juliet hit the reset button on the whole series, rendering everything (including all the stuff we were just shown with Jacob/Zombie Locke) moot, or if the resulting blast of only the core of that bomb 1000 feet underground is meant to be "the incident" (even though it seemed "the incident" was already happening...weak though it was)

Tags
best show ever, best show on tv, excellent television, lost stubby, lost! lost! my precious!, wait - i'm lost