Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #1121
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
The fray are awesome orange. Have you seen them live? They are amazing.
I wish man, my college town was horrible so nobody ever came. Hopefully things will be better when I hit NYC.

Ya'll folks who don't like Panic! are crazy!

Lacuna Coil
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Stratovarius
Dream Theater

(a tad harder this time around)
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #1122
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
GZA - Legend of the Liquid Swords

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #1123
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Lacuna is also awesome. Do you have the new cd? I havent got it yet but i will. I did however pop comalies in the cd player yesterday. If you like them you should like flyleaf btw.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:43 AM   #1124
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Jeff Buckley - Grace
Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary
Flaming Lips - Providing Needles for Your Balloons

Old 06-06-2006, 08:52 AM   #1125
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Haha, as a proud pirate I haven't purchased a new CD in ages. But thanks for the heads-up man, I will definitely head over to my local mp3 outlet and get my hands on their new stuff. I'm a fan of flyleaf as well.

Some similar bands are Denali and Rasputina if you're interested (though they're a little less hard).
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #1126
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

gave you rep already, chaffy, but wanted to echo it here.

Grace is simply an AMAZING album. buckley was one hell of an artist.

lesson to all, do not attempt to swim in the mississippi river.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:06 AM   #1127
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I just downloaded a bunch of Panic! At the Disco. I give mad props to whover reccommended this stuff. It's great!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:11 AM   #1128
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
gave you rep already, chaffy, but wanted to echo it here.

Grace is simply an AMAZING album. buckley was one hell of an artist.

lesson to all, do not attempt to swim in the mississippi river.
a stout album from stem to sturn no doubt.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:12 AM   #1129
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

"sconic death monkey"

does anyone catch this?^^^

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-06-2006, 02:12 PM   #1130
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

High Fidelity, sike?

Old 06-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #1131
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
High Fidelity, sike?
gold star.

Old 06-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #1132
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I'm loving "Wolfmother" - Wolfmother right now.

Old 06-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #1133
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Katie Melua has a beautiful voice. Her music is the most relaxing I've ever witnessed.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #1134
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

David Hasselhoff - Looking For Freedom
Old 06-14-2006, 04:50 PM   #1135
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

damn! so many new cds coming out in this two week span...

gotta pick up at least these four:

actually picked it up today. good, mellow stuff.

seeing them in concert again July 22nd. really looking forward to this cd.

really liked their first cd, so this is a must buy.

always have to get the counting crows newest disc. it'll be interesting to hear how duritz sings his own lyrics in yet another different way.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:21 PM   #1136
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

just picked up another one the other day. really good cd, pretty funky:

and this cd actualy came out this week, but i've had the import for a while now. This band (strays don't sleep) features one of my favorite singers, matthew ryan. really cool cd, and it even comes with a dvd of short films, set to the music on the cd. pretty interesting.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-15-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #1137
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

BBL, I've been hyping Gnarls Barkley for months. I love it.

Been listening to Dr. Octagon, DangerDoom, and Queens of the Stone Age.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:35 PM   #1138
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I had heard good things elsewhere, but i thought i remembered seeing something about them on this board. just did a thread search, and you were definitely talking them up. cool, cool stuff.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:52 PM   #1139
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

does anyone else realize that Gnarls Barkley is really CeeLo form the Goodie Mob. Man talk about changing your image.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #1140
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just211
does anyone else realize that Gnarls Barkley is really CeeLo form the Goodie Mob. Man talk about changing your image.
I don't know. Like Andree 3000, Cee Lo has always been out there musically. Even within the framework of the Goodie Mob you tell he had a little more going on. Remember, he did collaborations with people like Santana and Everlast while he was still with them.

I'm a little surprised that everybody is flipping out over Gnarles Barkley. It's great stuff but Perfect Imperfections and Cee Lo Green is a Soul Machine were just as cutting edge and frankly, just as good as St. Elsewhere.

It seems that being associated with Danger Mouse is exposing him to new audiences...same thing happened to MF Doom. I'm happy for him, he's a talented guy.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #1141
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I don't know. Like Andree 3000, Cee Lo has always been out there musically. Even within the framework of the Goodie Mob you tell he had a little more going on. Remember, he did collaborations with people like Santana and Everlast while he was still with them.

I'm a little surprised that everybody is flipping out over Gnarles Barkley. It's great stuff but Perfect Imperfections and Cee Lo Green is a Soul Machine were just as cutting edge and frankly, just as good as St. Elsewhere.

It seems that being associated with Danger Mouse is exposing him to new audiences...same thing happened to MF Doom. I'm happy for him, he's a talented guy.
Dirno,

I have both Perfect Imperfections and Soul Machine. I loved both of them. I think that overall, they are probably more consistent albums than St. Elsewhere, Perfect being better than Soul. But, as far as peak songs, I think "Crazy" off the Gnarls album is the best thing that Cee-Lo has ever done. "Smiley Faces," "Gone Daddy Gone," and "Go-Go Gadget Gospel" are all amazing as well. Unfortunately, Gnarls has a few more clunkers, but it is still an awesome album, and I'm glad Cee-Lo is getting exposure.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:44 AM   #1142
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree with that assessment. Have you seen the version of Crazy that he did on top of the pops...the one where he slowed it down? Good stuff.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:48 PM   #1143
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I broke out my demon hunter cd since I saw them in concert at the door last week. They are so awesome. Also listened to a little HIM Its pretty good. Nothing that will change your life or anything but an enjoyable listen.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 06-27-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:12 PM   #1144
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

discovered Five Times August on myspace and I'm loving him! bought his cd off his website and I can't stop listening. he'll be in Dallas the first week of July, and I plan on checking him out live.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:10 PM   #1145
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

megadeth mix
Old 06-29-2006, 04:14 PM   #1146
Carolina Blue

Carolina Blue is on a distinguished road

The Fray
New Keane album
New Dashboard album

And currently listening to Mozart while I'm on hold.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:21 PM   #1147
Five-ofan
Guru

Also been listening to a lot of hinder recently. I love them. They have a terrible message but i love their sound. You can check them out on myspace if you want.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #1148
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue
The Fray
New Keane album
New Dashboard album

And currently listening to Mozart while I'm on hold.
I'm liking the new keane album. good stuff. not quite as good as "Hopes & Fears", but good. I have the new dashboard album, too. his stuff isn't amazing to me (i'm not an angst-ridden teenager), but it's pretty good.

still getting use out of my college ID (even though I'm 7 years out of college). got me an extra $3 off at best buy on that dashboard cd this week.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #1149
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Jessica's Theme - The Man From Snowy River
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #1150
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

gnarls barkley is definatly good

sufjan stevens too
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:23 PM   #1151
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Sage Francis - Personal Journals
Old 07-12-2006, 02:36 AM   #1152
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

AFI - decemberunderground
Old 07-12-2006, 03:09 AM   #1153
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Rascal Flatts- Me and My Gang

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:41 AM   #1154
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Happy Bullets - Vice and Virtue Ministry
The Theater Fire - Everybody has a Dark Side
Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage
Fiery Furnaces - Gallowsbird's Bark & EP
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #1155
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Today, it's a day to chill.... it's a day for:

The Stone Roses (self titled debut)

I really do want to be adored.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #1156
bernardos70
Diamond Member

CKY - Vol. 1
Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #1157
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

J-Dilla Donuts
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #1158
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Is that worth checking out, jlee? I've been interested in listening to it, but had kinda forgotten about it.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:04 AM   #1159
sike
The Preacha

the wall

Pink Floyd

Old 07-13-2006, 01:41 AM   #1160
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Is that worth checking out, jlee? I've been interested in listening to it, but had kinda forgotten about it.
I personally love it, but it's probably because I like to do that rap thing when I have some down time or when I'm driving. : )

It's definitely a laid-back listen.

Last edited by jleefilled; 07-13-2006 at 01:45 AM.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, got a bit fluffy in here