Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #1121
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Sike might be the only one to appreciate this but I think Carlisle also looks like Duck from Mad Men.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2008, 06:10 PM   #1122
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I lose track of what shows are on what nights...I tend to DVR everything only to watch when I have time, before weekend football.

Too bad to see Numbers fixing to be on the chopping block, but it has run its course.

Of the new shows, I really like the following:

Of course as has been mentioned CHUCK!!!

The other ones I am getting into:

My own worst enemy
The Mentalist
Life

I need to check out a few of the other new ones...

My Own Worst Enemy grabbed me from the first episode and they do a pretty good job of twisting things around...some fun stuff, and hey, who wouldn't mind having a double life???
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #1123
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody catch the new South Park episode featuring Obama & McCain?

I think they nailed this election on the head...

[who knew that Sarah Palin really speaks in a British accent and that McCain & Obama were working together to steal the Hope Diamond from the Smithsonian? Ain't REALITY grand???]

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #1124
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Fox announced their mid season schedule for 2009.

House moves to Mondays (because of the scourge of civilization, American Idol)
Terminator moves to Fridays (where tv shows go to die)
Bones moves to Thursdays <-- which my wife is very partial to
24 on Mondays
Fringe stays on Tuesdays

My DVR situation is getting to be very complicated on Mondays and Thursdays.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #1125
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Fox announced their mid season schedule for 2009.

House moves to Mondays (because of the scourge of civilization, American Idol)
Terminator moves to Fridays (where tv shows go to die)
Bones moves to Thursdays <-- which my wife is very partial to
24 on Mondays
Fringe stays on Tuesdays

My DVR situation is getting to be very complicated on Mondays and Thursdays.
I'm with you...I've got 2 DVR's...one for each plasma, I forget which shows I have on which TV.

Wouldn't be nice to simply go out and buy a Main "Network" type home PC with a 1 Terabyte of HardDrive space that you could manage your TV Schedule and record all shows, and watch them on whatever TV you want.

Of course it would be nice to have such a toy and it not kill you in the pocket book.

The tough part is scheduling the TV shows and the Sports programming...stuff like Stars, Cowboys, Titans, Longhorns, EPL and such.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #1126
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

TiVo give you the ability to transfer shows between TiVo boxes. I run into cases where i have something recorded in the living room, but i want to watch it in the bedroom. So I transfer the show. Easy as that.

You have to have a wireless home network, but most people have that nowadays.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #1127
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

New show Summer Heights High on HBO was surprisingly funny. Nice little clever show from Australia where one actor plays three characters that are involved with a highschool. It's shown kinda like a mocumentary/reality show like a Christopher Guest movie. Definitely liked it a lot more than Little Britain USA.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #1128
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

My new obsession is Jon and Kate Plus Eight on TLC. My 9 week old baby loves to watch it with me. I adore those kids! I can't imagine having 6 year old twins and 4 year old sextuplets! The sextuplets are absolutely precious! Anyone here watch it? If so, am I the only one who would like to spank Mady, one of the twins? I have never seen such a brat! The kid complains constantly. She drives me nuts!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #1129
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, loved this on the Soup, about Jon and Kate Plus 8...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdm2Vqd3Uk
Old 11-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #1130
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

no chuck pics this week?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:11 PM   #1131
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

She didn't wear anything that great this week.

But it was still a great episode.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #1132
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

This is a really uncomfortable Lou Dobbs/Ted Turner interview.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:55 PM   #1133
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Anybody catch the new South Park episode featuring Obama & McCain?

I think they nailed this election on the head...

[who knew that Sarah Palin really speaks in a British accent and that McCain & Obama were working together to steal the Hope Diamond from the Smithsonian? Ain't REALITY grand???]

OBAAAAMAAAAAAA OBAAAAAMAAAA

I love Randy Marsh.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #1134
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
OBAAAAMAAAAAAA OBAAAAAMAAAA

I love Randy Marsh.
"LET'S TIP OVER THE COP CAR!"

Here's an explanation of how they aired that episode less than 24 hours after Obama won the election:

How South Park Pulled off "About Last Night..."
(Interview with South Park Co-Creator Matt Stone).

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #1135
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Chuck was tremendous again... They nailed every character with the actor/actress that they picked out. It's a tremendous show.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:40 PM   #1136
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
ha ha, loved this on the Soup, about Jon and Kate Plus 8...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdm2Vqd3Uk
I saw that and giggled. She definitely wears the pants in that relationship. She can be quite the biotch! But in her defense, I'd probably be pretty bitchy if I had to be locked in a house all day with 6 toddlers!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:48 AM   #1137
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up an hour ago and see my Tivo recording the new Top Chef.

Woohoo!

Why do they even bother casting someone that is 21 years old? What a waste of time.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 11-13-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:18 AM   #1138
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

hey obama you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind hey obama!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #1139
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Caught up on a little tv last night.

I like this Fringe show. I'm telling you, it's not bad at all. I love 'Walter." He is quickly climbing the ranks of my favorite tv characters.

Terminator.... fun episode this week. Still...I thought someone was going to die. If they really killed off Cromartie then that's too bad. This show got a whole season order, but will still likely be canceled over the summer.

House was good too. Still, I think he's figured it out at exactly the 52 minute mark of the show for 3 weeks in a row now...

No Pushing Daisies last night because of the Country music awards?? bleah.

Did anyone catch any of the final table for the WSOP? I have it saved on the DVR.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:14 AM   #1140
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, Fringe was quite good this week. I watched it last night as well. Walter truly is a great character. Tons of very subtle things that crack me up.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #1141
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Did you see the bald guy at the airport? They keep putting him in scenes in the background.

I guess there's a theory going around that Peter is a clone of Walter, or that the woman who runs Massive Dynamic is his mother...
Old 11-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #1142
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I did not see the bald guy.

I'm not doing any reading on this show, just enjoying it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 11-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #1143
92bDad
Platinum Member

Fringe was pretty cool...it's perhaps this generations "X" files...
Old 11-14-2008, 12:27 AM   #1144
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Sike might be the only one to appreciate this but I think Carlisle also looks like Duck from Mad Men.

I just hope he can be as cut throat as ole Duck.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #1145
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

JORDANA BREWSTER (FROM CHUCK) IS CUUUUUUTE

Last edited by nikeball; 11-14-2008 at 01:22 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #1146
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

she's on chuck too??

Contact Me
Old 11-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #1147
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

i know it has run it's course and, although i'm sad to see it ending, i knew it was time for er to wrap it up. i have to say though, if you were ever a fan (especially in the last 5 years), you might want to catch the 11/13 episode (i think nbc does webcasts of er, not sure) because it was one of the best one's they've done in years. maybe it was the mix of the old cast and the new one (dr. green makes an appearance. but he's dead? ya, i know, but it works).

i like they way they've handled this last season - giving the more prominent current characters an "out" episode while dropping in characters from the past. much better than just running it to the end and leaving all the storylines open.

it's been a weekly staple of mine for a long time. it'll suck when it's gone.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #1148
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i was wondering who still watches ER... Now i can say i know one single person that does. (obviously more people watch it, but i don't know anyone who does).
Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #1149
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

My wife was a huge ER fan for a long time, and even she dropped it during last season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #1150
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ok, i figured since we're in the middle of the Fall TV season, I'd run through what I record on my TiVo, day by day. Yes, it seems that I watch a LOT of TV (I watch most of the shows in bed before I go to sleep, or catch up on weekend mornings). The only major shows I like that I can think of that are missing from this are LOST (due back in '09), Scrubs (starting on ABC in '09), and Psych (typically airs in the summer).

Monday:
Chuck
How I Met Your Mother
Heroes
Worst Week (actually has some funny moments, although it's extremely predictable)
Samantha Who? (have about 4 weeks of this to catch up on)

Tuesday:
Biggest Loser: Families (I just fast forward through this to see the challenge and weigh-ins - why is it 2 hours?)
The Mentalist (hands down the best new show on TV for me)
Fringe (I have to catch up on about 3 weeks)

Wednesday:
Pushing Daisies
Life (Have to catch up on 3 weeks)
South Park
Top Chef

Thursday (the 2 dual-tuner TiVos are necessary):
My Name is Earl
Kath and Kim (funny enough of a show)
Survivor: Gabon
Kitchen Nightmares
The Office
30 Rock
CSI (original)
The Sarah Silverman Program
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Testees (new show, has its funny moments)

Friday:
Best Week Ever
The Soup
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Batman: The Brave and the Bold (just started last week)

Saturday:
Saturday Night Live

Sunday:
Amazing Race
Family Guy
American Dad
Pick-up Artist (I'm baffled how that dude gets chicks)
Rock of Love Charm School (my wife and i are suckers for the rock of love stuff, but not flavor of love)

Then factor in sports stuff (some college football on Saturday, NFL on Sunday, Mavs games when they're on national TV, some college basketball, and I record Pardon the Interruption every weekday). In the summer the list changes, of course.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 11-16-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #1151
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Chuck was great once again....
Old 11-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #1152
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Holy hell BBL...I don't watch half as much as that and I thought my schedule was full!

And yes, Chuck was great.

And I am still enjoying Fringe.

And Heroes was bleah again. Can't someone help those people write their show better?
Old 11-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #1153
alby
Guru

Heroes is still around?

also, pic of Chuck chick please.

Contact Me
Old 11-19-2008, 02:00 PM   #1154
Murphy3
Guru

In general, I'm almost always out on TV shows that try to incorporate time travel as a realistic plotline... Sure, there are a couple that have gotten away with it, but in general, I just don't buy it. This is just one of the many reasons as to why I'm completely out on Heroes.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #1155
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yes, it got waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too convoluted with the time travel stories/plotlines.

as for my TV schedule, I never watch any shows live anymore. 30 minute shows become 20 minute shows. Hour long shows become 40 minute shows. I'm efficient!

And I still work a full day, come home and play with my daughter, exercise, play basketball, eat dinner, etc. ( not all in the same day of course). it's a science!

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 11-19-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #1156
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I haven't missed Heroes, so I can only assume I made the right decision to stop recording it a month ago.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 11-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #1157
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm about to finish Season 2 of 24. I don't know if this has been brought up before but I think it would be a better show if it was called 12. It's such a high intensity, edge of your seat show that it's hard to drag out for 24 esisodes without borderline ridiculous plot twists.

It's still entertaining enough to watch but I think this is one of those cases where less would be more.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:38 PM   #1158
mary
Troll Hunter

There's a new scientific study that suggests the amount of tv you watch is inversely related to your level of happiness.

Let's all hold a good thought for BBL.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:39 PM   #1159
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
In general, I'm almost always out on TV shows that try to incorporate time travel as a realistic plotline... Sure, there are a couple that have gotten away with it, but in general, I just don't buy it. This is just one of the many reasons as to why I'm completely out on Heroes.
Did Quantum Leap do anything for you?

Old 11-19-2008, 03:57 PM   #1160
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
There's a new scientific study that suggests the amount of tv you watch is inversely related to your level of happiness.

Let's all hold a good thought for BBL.

Ha ha ha! I saw that study on another forum, actually. It seems to make sense, but i would imagine if you are depressed, you just sit around and watch whatever. I watch the shows, then come here to actively talk about them.

And i can definitely say that I am a generally happy person.

As far as media is concerned, I do watch movies every once in a while, but I prefer a good TV show to a movie for some reason. It's my preferred entertainment method (well, that and music). So if you factor in time that other people may be watching DVDs, I'm watching TV shows on TiVo.

Tags
dary, dvr fail, fluff warning, fluffhouse 92, fluffy envy, got a bit fluffy in here, its getting fluff in here, legen, legendaryfail, shut the fluff up!, tag wasting, wait for it, you married your tv?