Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #1121
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
True, but he couldn't kill the candidates, right? It seems weird that upgrading from candidate to new Jacob would simultaneously downgrade Jack from not killable (by MiB) to killable.....doesn't it?
It sure does. F if I know.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #1122
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
True, but he couldn't kill the candidates, right? It seems weird that upgrading from candidate to new Jacob would simultaneously downgrade Jack from not killable (by MiB) to killable.....doesn't it?
but that was according to Jacob's game/rules, right? why would his rules as protector still apply?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:10 PM   #1123
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
but that was according to Jacob's game/rules, right? why would his rules as protector still apply?
That's true, but then it's weird that they'd apply to the candidates at all. It almost seems like if Jacob chose to apply those rules to the candidates (i.e., MiB can't kill them), he'd have to apply those rules to his eventual replacement too. Otherwise you end up with that confusing scenario I just mentioned where upgrading from candidate --> replacement means you're suddenly killable, which is weird.

But like Flaco said... F if I know.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #1124
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
But like Flaco said... F if I know.
This is a good theory that is starting weave its way through this thread. I think you guys may be onto something with this "F if I know" stuff...
Old 05-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #1125
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #1126
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I have what may be a dumb question, "Are they still candidates?" I mean, Jack took the job. I tend to think that now they are just people on an island with a very angry monster and a very rookie protector.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-19-2010, 03:17 PM   #1127
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
And here I was thinking the end game is defeating the MIB. (And also the timeline stuff)
It wasn't that long ago that we were speculating who would be the MIB replacement (until we learned there's only 1 replacement). I think "who ends up where" is a much larger part of the story, but that's just me. I think we watch the show for different reasons.

And I don't doubt that this current version of Smokey will somehow be defeated, which will coincide with a resolution of the timeline. But I think Smokey's existence will remain an open question.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-19-2010 at 03:24 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #1128
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
since it clearly was around before MIB.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.... Am I missing something?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #1129
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Was Claire ever told that Desmond was in the well? I think she actually saw him right? I wonder if she was the rescuer?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:24 PM   #1130
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
its theoretical at best...but someone/thing destroyed that human village and filled in that well and nothing about Mother or Jacob seems to be able to do that...only a smokey.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #1131
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Was Claire ever told that Desmond was in the well? I think she actually saw him right? I wonder if she was the rescuer?
I was thinking about that too.

As far as we know, everyone else is accounted for right? Miles ran off, but I doubt it was him...Claire...we don't know where Claire is.

All of the Others are gone. (presumably)

Jacks group is accounted for, or dead.

Widmore and his girl or dead. Think he has anyone left? I get the feeling that we're supposed to think not.

Anyone else who might be on the island we're not thinking of?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #1132
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I edited after I thought about it, its probably not clear at all.

But I'm assuming that the ancient Egyptian drawings indicated that Smokey predated the twins birth. It also seemed like CrazyBitchSmokeMama knew whoever went into the light would suffer a "fate worse than death". How else would she know? She could've been a smokey herself, but I'm not totally convinced of that one way or the other.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-19-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #1133
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Yeah, I edited after I thought about it, its probably not clear at all.

But I'm assuming that the ancient Egyptian drawings indicated that Smokey predated the twins birth. It also seemed like CrazyBitchSmokeMama knew whoever went into the light would suffer a "fate worse than death". How else would she know? She could've been a smokey herself, but I'm not totally convinced of that one way or the other.
I posted a very interesting theory on smokey that I found...its a page or two back. I honestly think its probably the best theory I've read thus far.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #1134
sike
The Preacha

here it is...

Quote:
thought this was pretty genius:

http://theoriesonlost.blogspot.com/2...-that-had.html
"First off I dont think Mother was a Smoke Monster, nor do I think that MIB was the first Smoke Monster.

I think that the Smoke Monster was the guard dog to the protector of the island being able to be summoned upon command to do their bidding...we see this with how Mother was able to destroy the village.

The ability of the Smoke Monster being able to be seen as dead people is just one of the fringe benefits. How this happens still not sure....but I am leaning to the ability to control the human brain and making people see what they want to see.

Now up until Jacob threw MIB down into the light the Smoke Monster was a creature without a mind of its own...its only purpose was to do the bidding of the protector. Basically it was a slave.....The Mother said that to go down into the light would be a fate worse then death...the only thing I can thing of that is worse then death is to live in bondage. So the Smoke Monster is a slave that knows of nothing except to serve....until

Jacob throws MIB down into the light. And MIBs thoughts perhaps even his soul become one with the Monster and now the Monster has a not a new purpose but I new view on his life because he now sees the world through MIBs eyes and not the eyes of a slave!?

Old 05-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #1135
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Going back to who the mother might be... Stole this from a poster at another site.

Quote:
Since they've gone to awkward lengths not to reveal the name of David's mother, I'm fairly certain we'll get this scene in the "Finally":

JACK: David, there's your mother. Let's go over and say hello.
[Cut to a familiar looking figure from behind, with distinctive blonde hair]
DAVID: Hello, mother.
[Cue dramatic music as David's Mother turns around slowly...to reveal Titus Welliver in a wig!]
DAVID'S MOTHER: Hello, David. Hello, Jack.
JACK: Hello...you.

LOST

Ha!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #1136
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Who is David?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #1137
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
Who is David?
Jack's sideways kid.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #1138
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I was thinking about that too.

As far as we know, everyone else is accounted for right? Miles ran off, but I doubt it was him...Claire...we don't know where Claire is.

All of the Others are gone. (presumably)

Jacks group is accounted for, or dead.

Widmore and his girl or dead. Think he has anyone left? I get the feeling that we're supposed to think not.

Anyone else who might be on the island we're not thinking of?
Rose and Bernard!!!...DUN DUN DUN.

Seriously though, I was thinking Miles or Richard (if not dead) let Desmond out. Miles seems the most likely to me because a dead person might have told him where Desmond is. No wait, his specialty doesn't work that way does it. He just talks to them about how they died. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)

Last edited by bobbyfg7; 05-19-2010 at 04:47 PM.
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #1139
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Jack's sideways kid.
Gotcha. I'm pretty sure it's Juliette. If it's Sarah it would make me happier though. I hope Juliette is home with her sister in Portland. Well, unless her sister is cured....
Old 05-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #1140
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Yeesh, I thought it was funny.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #1141
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

It was funny BBL but I was lost (DOH!) when I didn't know who you were talking about.

Bernarnd and Rose.... how, if at all, will they play into this?
Old 05-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #1142
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
Kudos to Miles for surviving this long.
perhaps the person miles walked over wasnt ben's daughter, but someone who had info about what was going to happen?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #1143
mavsman

mavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to beholdmavsman is a splendid one to behold

I thought it was hilarious when - after millions of hardcore fans spent weeks and weeks of thinking how the candidates were chosen and why Kate's name was crossed out - Jacob says "Hey, it's just a line of chalk, no big deal. Want the job?"

Last edited by mavsman; 05-19-2010 at 07:17 PM.
mavsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #1144
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Ha ha yes, mavsman. That was such a slap in the face it was actually comical to me (actually made me laugh). I didn't take offense to it, though. Not like the "asking questions only leads to more questions" thing. Damn last episode.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #1145
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsman View Post
I thought it was hilarious when - after millions of hardcore fans spent weeks and weeks of thinking how the candidates were chosen and why Kate's name was crossed out - Jacob says "Hey, it's just a line of chalk, no big deal. Want the job?"
If the Internet has led to one thing--other than unfathomable amounts of porn--it's overanalysis of everything.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #1146
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyfg7 View Post
Rose and Bernard!!!...DUN DUN DUN.
I don't think that's all that far fetched, actually.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #1147
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Especially cause they have to be involved in the finale in some way... Vincent, too.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #1148
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I read a message board last night where they were calling him "the smoke asshole" <--- This is my new favorite name for him.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #1149
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

http://io9.com/5541237/lost-the-14-c...started-it-all 14 of the LOST audition tapes. Jorge Garcia trying out for sawyer, and Michael Emerson trying out for hurley. rofl

Last edited by Ninkobei; 05-20-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #1150
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
http://io9.com/5541237/lost-the-14-c...started-it-all 14 of the LOST audition tapes. Jorge Garcia trying out for sawyer, and Michael Emerson trying out for hurley. rofl
Matthew Fox gave a better Sawyer audition than Holloway did. Holloway definitely looks the part better though (and the way he actually ultimately ended up playing Sawyer on the show was great).

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-21-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #1151
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

lots of eyeballs. Pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0QKgNNmCU
Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #1152
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Michael Fox gave a better Sawyer audition than Holloway did.
I really enjoyed him in Back To The Future.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #1153
LonghornDub

Quote:
I really enjoyed him in Back To The Future.
Haha, good catch.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #1154
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/518...-phrases.jhtml

More lulz from Michael Emerson. hahaha
Old 05-22-2010, 03:56 AM   #1155
mary
Troll Hunter

Earlier tonight I was flipping through AM stations and heard a man talking about "Jacob and Esau". I immediately thought "Oh! He's talking LOST!"

*facepalm*

Old 05-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #1156
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

No one posted that?

I laughed my ass off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfpBFYn-Jxw
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #1157
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

lost re-enacted by cats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DShnvNNv0
Old 05-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #1158
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Here they are talking rather frankly about mysteries that are unimportant.

Quote:
IGN: People tend to grab onto every aspect of this show, including things that might never have been intended to be a big mystery. Is there one that keeps coming back, where you're constantly amused people are putting a lot of importance into it?

Cuse: I think that there are a few kind of questions that surface, like are we ever going to see the Hurley Bird again. There was this huge bird flying around the island that made a cry that sounded like he was saying Hurley. We had just mentioned in the last couple of days that there's going to be a feature on the DVDs which will, sort of in an entertaining way, answer some of these questions that are unanswered. The show speaks for itself and it's not something anyone needs to see, but for people who are curious about some of these unanswered questions that fall into the category that you're talking about, then the DVD feature will be very enjoyable.

Lindelof: And then there are the Kate's plane phenomenon, where we actually think we've given a pretty good answer, but the question still is pervasive.

Cuse: "What are the polar bears?"

Lindelof: What are the polar bears, or, "What's the story with Aaron?" And we go, okay, the story with Aaron is that a psychic told Claire that he was special, but then subsequently, in an Eko episode, we revealed that the psychic was a fraud. So people are like, "Why is Aaron special?" and we're like, "But, that wasn't true. That guy was a liar." "Well, why did The Others abduct him?" Well, the Others revealed that they abducted him because he was a baby born on the island, and they wanted to see if there was anything they could glean scientifically to solve their fertility issues.

And so there it is in the show, in black and white, but people still say, "So why is Aaron special?!" or, "What are you going to reveal about him?" Aaron became emotionally special, because Kate ended up having to raise him and she ended up returning to the island to bring Claire back home. So that's why he's special. But if you're looking for the answer to, "What are his superpowers?" or "When will he finally deploy his laser eyes?", the answer is… the finale. He deploys his laser eyes in the finale.

I like that. Mostly because I never gave a rats ass about any of that.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #1159
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Awesome... so Aaron is going to have laser eyes.

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-22-2010 at 07:32 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #1160
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

T -23:43 and counting