Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Will we make a deadline trade?
No 73 41.24%
Yes, for Kevin Martin 11 6.21%
Yes, for Iggy 22 12.43%
Yes, for Stephen Jackson 12 6.78%
Yes, for Crash 1 0.56%
Yes, for a backup 4 3 1.69%
Yes, for a backup PG 4 2.26%
Yes, for Lebron 20 11.30%
Yes, for more than one player above 4 2.26%
Yes, for other player(s) 27 15.25%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2011, 12:08 AM   #1121
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Nash & Hill - I can already imagine the retirement home jokes...
Two guys you can go to war with though. I love Roddy's potential. I personally think he can be even better than most people around here think. But if we're talking about winning a championship it's alot to put on a guy who's been hurt all year and is essentially a rookie(thanks again Rick).

Nash and Hill are shooting 52&50% from the field respectively and 40&37% from 3. And Hill is still a gritty defender. It would be tough to turn this down if it presents itself.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #1122
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think the only way that happens is if they move Nash somewhere else. I don't see them keeping Nash and trading Hill. That would just make Nash even more unhappy.
exactly. and xbox you're joking about not needing Nash cuz of JJB right .
please tell me you're only "joshing"(childress pun)
Old 02-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #1123
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I don't see a deal where both teams would agree for with just Hill, I think it will take both because I think Phoenix would demand Roddy regardless and Dallas won't trade Roddy unless we get both
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #1124
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban like to rent a player?

Prince + Jones for Butler and you agree silently to S&T both players back to the old team in the summer

That would be pretty awesome, makes me wondering with which "argument" the league office would decline the summer trade then, haha
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #1125
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think the only way that happens is if they move Nash somewhere else. I don't see them keeping Nash and trading Hill. That would just make Nash even more unhappy.
Maybe true.

And unfortunately, Phoenix is only like 2.5 games out of the 8th spot, so I don't think they're going to be having a firesale anytime soon.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-05-2011 at 12:18 AM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #1126
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I don't see a deal where both teams would agree for with just Hill, I think it will take both because I think Phoenix would demand Roddy regardless and Dallas won't trade Roddy unless we get both
Yeah Hill only gets moved if Nash does and vice versa. And it's going to take a young stud, a 1st round pick, expirings and cash. If Phoenix even does it.
As Sports Guy pointed out Nash&Hill are all class and never would demand a trade. But they'll be lucky to get in the playoffs and bounced 1st round. It would be a nice gesture on the part of the Suns to send them to a contender.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #1127
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

I'm not supporting a big move either. This team is playing well and I wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry we have right now. Something that looks good on paper doesn't necessarily look good on the court due to a lack of time to get used to each other.

If we could make a reasonable move with Caron's contract and trade for someone like Prince, I'd definitely prefer that type of a one-on-one deal. Integrating one guy into the rotation should be possible without losing chemistry.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #1128
mac222b
Diamond Member

I feel this way about Melo. think it could cause more headaches than it's worth. but Nash&Hill are pros and make others better. Either way we're integrating Roddy and Peja and potentially, say, Prince for Caron. Either way 3 new rotation players. I'd just love to see this team with another guy that create with the ball in his hands. Roddy can obviously do this, he just isn't playoff tested. Or even regular season tested for that matter...
Old 02-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #1129
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
I'm not supporting a big move either. This team is playing well and I wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry we have right now. Something that looks good on paper doesn't necessarily look good on the court due to a lack of time to get used to each other.

If we could make a reasonable move with Caron's contract and trade for someone like Prince, I'd definitely prefer that type of a one-on-one deal. Integrating one guy into the rotation should be possible without losing chemistry.
Your example probably isn't an option anymore. They're main priority is getting rid of Hamilton and that will be an impossible feat. If they want Prince, it's likely going to take absorbing Rip's contract.

At this point, I can see them
A) keeping Caron and attempting to re-up in the offseason at a discounted rate and standing pat
B) trading him and getting two nice pieces that can address needs
C) keeping Caron and attempting to re-up in the offseason at a discounted rate and using an exception to land a $3-4 million player.

it all just depends on what is available on the market.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-05-2011 at 12:38 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #1130
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
but Nash&Hill are pros and make others better. Either way we're integrating Roddy and Peja and potentially, say, Prince for Caron. Either way 3 new rotation players. I'd just love to see this team with another guy that create with the ball in his hands. Roddy can obviously do this, he just isn't playoff tested. Or even regular season tested for that matter...
The difference is that Nash and Hill would be completely new to the system. Peja's already been here for a couple of weeks, while Roddy's been practicing for a while now and he's played with our guys before. On top of that, we'd have to give up Stevenson to make that deal with Phoenix. So we'd have to integrate two new players and and lose one as well. In addition, giving up Butler and Roddy for a pair of 37-year-olds isn't too enticing.

I think that BG could be right that nothing big is going to happen. Prince is probably the guy we'd want the most, especially due to his contract, but he may not be available at all. Guys like Jackson, Iggy, Wallace or Maggette have pretty big contracts and may not be what we're looking for anyway under the given circumstances.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:17 AM   #1131
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I hope Prince isn't available, you guys are seriously overrating his game, jmo
Old 02-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #1132
dalger
Golden Member

Quote:
I hope Prince isn't available, you guys are seriously overrating his game, jmo
He'd have to be better than a towel-waiving Butler or either Cardinal, JJB or Peja in the starting lineup. Sounds possible to me.

Last edited by dalger; 02-05-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #1133
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
He'd have to be better than a towel-waiving Butler or either Cardinal, JJB or Peja in the starting lineup. Sounds possible to me.
Well he would most likely hurt the offense
Old 02-05-2011, 01:25 AM   #1134
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not sure how he'd hurt the offense. He's a pretty efficient player. He's come back down to earth lately but is having a good year. He'd get all kinds of good looks here. Weakside 3's and drives and such.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:27 AM   #1135
dalger
Golden Member

Quote:
If you think that he's worse than either Cardinal, JJB or a declining and injury-prone Peja, who has yet to prove that he can still deliver and stay healthy, you may be underrating Prince more than other people are overrating him.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:30 AM   #1136
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not sure how he'd hurt the offense. He's a pretty efficient player. He's come back down to earth lately but is having a good year. He'd get all kinds of good looks here. Weakside 3's and drives and such.
He isn't a great catch and shoot guy from what I have seen, he has a pretty good mid range game but past that meh, he almost never gets to the line, I guess the argument would be who would we get thats better? But I would rather just roll with Peja and Marion
Old 02-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #1137
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
If you think that he's worse than either Cardinal, JJB or a declining and injury-prone Peja, who has yet to prove that he can still deliver and stay healthy, you may be underrating Prince more than other people are overrating him.
Offensivley he is worse than JJB, but obviously he is the better player, and I would say him and Peja are about equal with slight edge to Prince, Peja can still score and shoot he is the vastly better offensive option even with virtually no quickness, obviously Prince's defense is better than Pejas.

but since it sounds like they would force us to take RIP too its not even worth discussing
Old 02-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #1138
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not that it's much of a comparison since Caron can contribute absolutely nothing, but:

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:38 AM   #1139
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not that it's much of a comparison since Caron can contribute absolutely nothing, but:

Prince wouldn't get near as many looks here. Prince doesn't even get to the line as much as Butler, Prince doesn't space the floor as well as Butler either. The three point shooting is a huge edge to Butler (attempts 1 more than Prince per game)

and I have thought for years Prince's defense is overrated... just an opinion but its how i feel
Old 02-05-2011, 01:40 AM   #1140
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
The difference is that Nash and Hill would be completely new to the system. Peja's already been here for a couple of weeks, while Roddy's been practicing for a while now and he's played with our guys before. On top of that, we'd have to give up Stevenson to make that deal with Phoenix. So we'd have to integrate two new players and and lose one as well. In addition, giving up Butler and Roddy for a pair of 37-year-olds isn't too enticing.

I think that BG could be right that nothing big is going to happen. Prince is probably the guy we'd want the most, especially due to his contract, but he may not be available at all. Guys like Jackson, Iggy, Wallace or Maggette have pretty big contracts and may not be what we're looking for anyway under the given circumstances.
Most likely have to give up Stevenson but that's just one version of the deal being bandied about...
I'm all for keeping chemistry and continuity. But there were times tonight when we had Dirk surrounded by DeShawn, Jet, Kidd, Marion, Tyson and there were simply not enough scorers among them. Except for Dirk and Jet we have no one that is comfortable with the ball in their hands with the clock winding down. JJB is a good change-up and Roddy will more than likely help in this regard, but how much exactly? And does Roddy really have that much chemistry with these guys? Nash and Hill could walk in tomorrow and have just as much, sheerly by virtue of experience alone. Also Nash and Dirk have played way more ball together over the years than Roddy and Dirk.

I'm not saying it'll happen. More than likely it won't. Like BG said, we'll probably see a smaller move for a TE--if anything is even available.

I just think there are alot of teams that like their chemistry but then would say- "it's freaking Steve Nash and Grant Hill!!! let's do this"... Two of the more well respected players in the game and great competitors both. They get calls and respect from refs. They have taken and made big shots. Those things are just invaluable IMO come playoff time.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #1141
dalger
Golden Member

Quote:
Offensivley he is worse than JJB, but obviously he is the better player, and I would say him and Peja are about equal with slight edge to Prince, Peja can still score and shoot he is the vastly better offensive option even with virtually no quickness, obviously Prince's defense is better than Pejas.

but since it sounds like they would force us to take RIP too its not even worth discussing
No one would want or make that deal with Hamilton included. We're only talking about the possibility of trading Caron, Dojo and a pick for Prince. Right now, the only legitimate option at the 3 is Peja. Cardinal or small ball with JJB will win us the occasional game, but not an entire series against a quality opponent.

Getting Prince for basically nothing would make us a better team and me much more comfortable than relying on Peja only. Then again, as mentioned by BG, Prince doesn't seem to be available, at least not for the right price, meaning without RIP.

Last edited by dalger; 02-05-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:45 AM   #1142
mavs777
Diamond Member

im not trading Dojo for Prince I don't see a reason for it, he is just a slightly better version than Peja

Peja/Marion is good enough
Old 02-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #1143
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
im not trading Dojo for Prince I don't see a reason for it, he is just a slightly better version than Peja
wat

Old 02-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #1144
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
He isn't a great catch and shoot guy from what I have seen, he has a pretty good mid range game but past that meh, he almost never gets to the line, I guess the argument would be who would we get thats better? But I would rather just roll with Peja and Marion
He's at least a guy who teams have to respect from 3 and mid-range.
And even if his D is slightly overrated, he's still a good defender. It's not like opposing wings are licking their chops at the prospect of facing Prince. Playing for a championship contender can only help his focus and desire on that end too...
How many teams in the league would have 2 guys like Marion&Prince to throw at opposing 3's? It's part of what was lost when Caron went down-- having two scrappy defenders at the SF to throw at the Gays,etc of the world. That and Marion being able to slide to the 4 to back up Dirk.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #1145
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
wat
Lolz.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:56 AM   #1146
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
No one would want or make that deal with Hamilton included. We're only talking about the possibility of trading Caron, Dojo and a pick for Prince. Right now, the only legitimate option at the 3 is Peja. Cardinal or small ball with JJB will win us the occasional game, but not an entire series against a quality opponent.

Getting Prince for basically nothing would make us a better team and me much more comfortable than relying on Peja only. Then again, as mentioned by BG, Prince doesn't seem to be available, at least not for the right price, meaning without RIP.
For now. He could be made available closer to the deadline. They arent going to make the playoffs and there is now bad blood between the Detroit FO/Coaches and Prince who has sided with Rip. And clashed w/ Kuester earlier.
Maybe they think they can get more in a sign and trade for Prince later? Or maybe they take a 1st and a youngster and an expiring. It's not like that wouldn't be a fair trade. I could see them doing Prince for Kaman being as he's from around there, but with ownership influx i doubt they'll take on contracts. But even they must know NO ONE is trading for Rip.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:57 AM   #1147
dalger
Golden Member

Quote:

Peja's only strength is his ability to shoot and spread the floor. That quality just hasn't been there as it used to over the last couple of years. Maybe he'll get back on track, maybe he won't. On top of that, it's always risky to rely on players who have been struggling with knee problems.

If you think that Jet's a one-dimensional player and useless when his shot isn't falling, you'll probably think the same about Peja in no time. Prince at least offers something on both ends of the floor and can be productive in different ways. That's why guys like Marion and Butler, even when their shots aren't falling, can still have decent games and help us win.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:59 AM   #1148
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:

Funny Joke...
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:02 AM   #1149
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Prince doesn't even get to the line as much as Butler, Prince doesn't space the floor as well as Butler either. The three point shooting is a huge edge to Butler (attempts 1 more than Prince per game)
This might be news to you, but Caron Butler is out for the season...

So, yes, Prince does all that stuff better than Butler.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:04 AM   #1150
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For now. He could be made available closer to the deadline. They arent going to make the playoffs and there is now bad blood between the Detroit FO/Coaches and Prince who has sided with Rip. And clashed w/ Kuester earlier.
Maybe they think they can get more in a sign and trade for Prince later? Or maybe they take a 1st and a youngster and an expiring. It's not like that wouldn't be a fair trade. I could see them doing Prince for Kaman being as he's from around there, but with ownership influx i doubt they'll take on contracts. But even they must know NO ONE is trading for Rip.
Like you mentioned, it is possible he becomes more available as the deadline gets closer. It sounds similar to the Philly situation from last year. They've got an asset (Prince/Iggy) and the team realizes that they're stuck with a contract so they're going to try to unload it in the process (Hamilton/Brand). It seems like that becomes the sticking point and Philly was fine standing pat.

For me, I'd trade Butler, Dojo and a first for Prince....really, what are you giving up in that scenario (a player that won't see the court due to injury, a player that won't see the court due to being trapped at the end of the rotation and something you can easily obtain for 3 million dollars.?

the fact I'm pushing the exception idea more is because Cuban mentioned it for the first time during the homestand. I honestly can't remember him or anyone really mentioning the exceptions themselves. He's knowledgeable of what they have, their value and when they expire.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-05-2011 at 02:21 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:09 AM   #1151
dalger
Golden Member

Quote:
This might be news to you, but Caron Butler is out for the season...

So, yes, Prince does all that stuff better than Butler.
That, and it's actually Prince plus Peja, not Prince instead of Peja...with Butler out for the season, yup.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:18 AM   #1152
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Like you mentioned, it is possible he becomes more available as the deadline gets closer. It sounds similar to the Philly situation from last year. They've got an asset (Prince/Iggy) and the team realizes that they're stuck with a contract so they're going to try to unload it in the process (Hamilton/Brand). It seems like that becomes the sticking point and Philly was fine standing pat.

For me, I'd trade Butler, Dojo and a first for Prince....really, what are you giving up in that scenario (a player that won't see the court due to injury, a player that won't see the court due to being trapped at the end of the rotation and something you can easily obtain for 3 million dollars.?

the fact I'm pushing the exception idea more is because Cuban mentioned it for the first time during the homestand. I honestly can't remember him or anyone really mentioned the exceptions themselves. He's knowledgeable of what they have, their value and when they expire.
Yeah I agree. Unless there is something bigger and better(Melo)or smaller and relatively equal(for the TE)out there i don't see how you pass on Prince for Butler/Dojo/1st.
You can plug Prince into Caron's role pretty seamlessly AND maintain flexibility. From that standpoint it's about the optimal move to be made.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:55 AM   #1153
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Three weeks ago Butler/DoJo/1st would've been a very worthwhile price to play for Prince. Now? I think that'd be Dallas bailing them out a bit, given how sour things have gotten over the Rip situation. And I also think Dallas is dealing from a much stronger position than they were before, with Peja signed, Dirk back in form and a pair of road wins against LAL and Boston to their credit.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 02-05-2011 at 02:55 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #1154
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

RIP is best nick for Hamilton at now, he's done and Prince isn't good as Butler was before injury.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #1155
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

What I saw last night is that we will have lots of troubles matching up with muscular 3's without Caron... DSteve is too small and Peja's going to be too slow.. Shawn is solid but he's not going to start and I don't like our flexibility if we HAVE to have him out there.

Until now RC's been able to pick and choose.. A good defender with a very good offensive iso game or a very good defender with a very poor offensive iso game. Although the mavs have been posting him up quite a bit.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 02-05-2011 at 09:48 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #1156
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
What I saw last night is that we will have lots of troubles matching up with muscular 3's without Caron... DSteve is too small and Peja's going to be too slow.. Shawn is solid but he's not going to start and I don't like our flexibility if we HAVE to have him out there.
I agree with your conclusion, but I'm curious how you got this from last night? Pierce was more or less a nonfactor. Was it from Quis posting up a couple times?

Old 02-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #1157
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yeah I agree. Unless there is something bigger and better(Melo)or smaller and relatively equal(for the TE)out there i don't see how you pass on Prince for Butler/Dojo/1st.
You can plug Prince into Caron's role pretty seamlessly AND maintain flexibility. From that standpoint it's about the optimal move to be made.
I'm not saying that Detroit would pass - but there are a couple reasons that that they might:

1) they don't value DoJo, don't want to pay another first round pick, and thus see little point in swapping expirings.

2) if they are getting any interest from other contenders (or just playoff likelies), that package wouldn't be extremely difficult to beat.
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #1158
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I agree with your conclusion, but I'm curious how you got this from last night? Pierce was more or less a nonfactor. Was it from Quis posting up a couple times?
I am guessing how Daniels got pretty much all his points in the paint.

And Prince can't play muscular guys either
Old 02-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #1159
LonghornDub

Quote:
I am guessing how Daniels got pretty much all his points in the paint.

And Prince can't play muscular guys either
I don't even know what to say.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #1160
mavs777
Diamond Member

Hamilton deactivated today

Tags
flushbane, i hate dumars, return of the quack!, strike 17 for cadban?, thanks mods! more cadban!