Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #81
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Are you out of your mind? If that were true, they guy wouldn't have been a lottery pick. The kid a very impressive college career. Even in his rookie year, which was pretty rough, he drew constant comparisons to Tony Parker. The people who said he would never be starting material were pretty few and far between. Even when he wasn't scoring consistently, anyone with eyes could see he was one of the fastest players in the league, and could get into the paint at ease.

Wright? He's a decent defensive player and he's got some creativity around the rim, but I see nothing in his game to indicate that he'll ever be much more than he is now. Do you? The guy is Marquis Daniels only slower and without the passing skills.

Has anyone ever called you a Negative Nancy? Lot's of players develop through their time in the leaue. I agree a stud would be nice at SG, but we aren't going to have the all-star team. You play to the stregnth's of the players you do have. You can't just learn to be athletic, but shooting you can most def learn. It's players like Wright you need on your team.

I will agree we need another star scorer, but if you don't have the Wrights and Singletons then you won't do anything. Knock him all you want but I am willing to say that we would have a ring if he was on our team in 06.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX425 View Post
Knock him all you want but I am willing to say that we would have a ring if he was on our team in 06.
Does Wright have mafia connections or something?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #83
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Terry is a completely different player when he's not jacking up threes. Completely...He is quite little (f'em) nickiesque in the lane right now. He's got his little one-handed jump-hook going and it's nice.

From the post-game it appears his wrist was a little bummed out so he didn't jack up threes. He should really, really take that to heart. If he mixes it up, he's just a different animal.

His shot-chart was beautiful.

I also admit that everytime I see GG out there...you sort of go "wow" why in the world can't this dude get some time. It would seem that he needs a personal trainer/mentor to get his head right with ball..Maybe he just doesn't have enough work ethic to get it done in the NBA...He did have a nice post-game interview with chuck c.

Quote:
Rick Carlisle didn't decide whether to start Jason Terry or J.J. Barea until minutes before tipoff. The fact that he went with Terry isn't a sign that the coach lacks confidence in Barea.

Carlisle just didn't want Terry's wrist to have time to stiffen up in the first few minutes of the game. Jet jammed his right wrist during yesterday's practice when he ran into Matt Carroll.

"I just felt he'd have a better chance to work through that if he was able to go right from the warmups to the game," Carroll said.

Can't argue with the results. Terry lit it up for 26 points on 10-of-15 shooting. Barea filled his sixth man shoes with 20 points and seven assists.

Don't be fooled by Terry's 67-percent shooting, though. The wrist bothered him, which is why he didn't launch many jumpers.

"That was because I couldn't shoot," said Terry, who expects his wrist to be very stiff when he wakes up in the morning. "This could be a blessing in disguise for me. It's letting me know that I can get to the rim and finish."
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #84
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Didn't get to catch the game last night but I'm glad to see GG got some minutes.

Good win by the Mavs.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #85
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Has anyone ever called you a Negative Nancy? Lot's of players develop through their time in the leaue. I agree a stud would be nice at SG, but we aren't going to have the all-star team. You play to the stregnth's of the players you do have. You can't just learn to be athletic, but shooting you can most def learn. It's players like Wright you need on your team.
Actually, no, you can't really learn shooting. Players can improve their shooting slightly. It's really a talent just like any other. Players can work with shooting coaches for years and improve their shooting only a little bit or not at all. Look around the league and you'll see that guys who are really good shooters have always been that way. And yeah, players like Wright are needed... on the bench. If the Mavs are going to compete for a championship, the Antoine Wrights of the league are just not going to cut it.

Quote:
I will agree we need another star scorer, but if you don't have the Wrights and Singletons then you won't do anything. Knock him all you want but I am willing to say that we would have a ring if he was on our team in 06.
What exactly does Antoine Wright bring to this team that Marquis Daniels didn't? The guy is just another guard that can't shoot, and god knows we've had more than enough of those over the years. How exactly would he have helped in the Finals?

As for the "Negative Nancy" bit... I'm merely a passionate fan who is unhappy with the direction my team has taken. Two years ago this team was favored to win the title. Now we're perennial first-round losers. Am I not supposed to be pissed off?
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:11 AM   #86
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, no, you can't really learn shooting. Players can improve their shooting slightly. It's really a talent just like any other. Players can work with shooting coaches for years and improve their shooting only a little bit or not at all. Look around the league and you'll see that guys who are really good shooters have always been that way. And yeah, players like Wright are needed... on the bench. If the Mavs are going to compete for a championship, the Antoine Wrights of the league are just not going to cut it.

Yes, you can learn shooting. If you are talking about a Shaq type player roaming around shooting 3's then yeah. He isn't gonna ever be good enough at that no matter how much he practices or gets coaching. On the other hand, guys that are shooters can become great shooters with practice and coaching.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #87
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, no, you can't really learn shooting. Players can improve their shooting slightly. It's really a talent just like any other. Players can work with shooting coaches for years and improve their shooting only a little bit or not at all.
Spiral do you have any data to back this up? What do you mean by slightly for example?

Raja Bell (as one example) has gone from a below 30% to a perinnial above 40% since his first 2 years. In fact that looks a lot like awrights path also.

I don't want to debate what awright does/does not bring as he's currently a second tier player( might get better, might not...

But I seem to recall earvin johnson, jordon, lebron getting better at long-distance shooting. I wouldn't expect a "non-pure" shooter to ever get better at shooting on the move..but with their feet square and open I would expect they would.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 03-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #88
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
Thanks but stick to BB comments budd. Your opinion otherwise doesnt matter. You dont like?? Dont read ; )

Old 03-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #89
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Spiral do you have any data to back this up? What do you mean by slightly for example?

Raja Bell (as one example) has gone from a below 30% to a perinnial above 40% since his first 2 years. In fact that looks a lot like awrights path also.

I don't want to debate what awright does/does not bring as he's currently a second tier player( might get better, might not...

But I seem to recall earvin johnson, jordon, lebron getting better at long-distance shooting. I wouldn't expect a "non-pure" shooter to ever get better at shooting on the move..but with their feet square and open I would expect they would.
Not really, I don't. It just seems to be a talent like any other to me. Guys who are mediocre shooters can become decent. But a guy who is a flat-out terrible shooter is never gonna be a reliable outside threat IMO.

Yeah, some guys are mediocre when they come into the league and then improve within their first couple of years, but again, I think after 4 years in the league guys are what they are. Granted there are exceptions, but they are few and far between.

I'm not trying to hate on Wright. I just don't think he's a starter. If he were going to develop a 3 pt shot, I think he would have done so by now.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-26-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #90
MX425

MX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to allMX425 is a name known to all

I think he is working on it. He is a shooter, solid from 18-20, so why couldn't he add 3 feet to that shot. 4 years isn't long when you are not big getting minutes.

I am pissed too at the direction the team has gone, but bashing everything about it isn't going to fix it. I agree Wright is not the end all for our 2 problems, but he isn't the worst stop gap and does what is asked of him.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #91
dude1394
Guru

Well to be honest if wright were our starting 2 on this team...

Bdiddy
Wright
Someone(I'm thinking granger. )
Dirk
Kaman..

I would be okay with it. He could concentrate on defense and shooting a corner three.

Our lack of other scoring options in the starting line-up gives me a pain.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #92
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

winner.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #93
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This is so wrong in so many ways. I disagree.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #94
dude1394
Guru

I awright doesn't fix this...he'll never go anywhere..

Old 03-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #95
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
This is so wrong in so many ways. I disagree.
Can you elaborate on why you feel it's wrong?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #96
MaVs0541

MaVs0541 is on a distinguished road

all i can say is green finally got to play more then .9 secs i hope he gets to play alot more now
MaVs0541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #97
MX425

Green played very well. I felt like he was in control and didn't force the issue. I hope he gets some solid minutes from now on. I want to see a line-up of Kidd, Terry, Green, Singleton, Dirk. Could put some points up in a hurry.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #98
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Can we atleast agree that any team that starts Antoine Wright and Eric Dampier can't be taking this run at a title too serious? I agree with some in this thread. Wright would be a great bench guy. There's nothing wrong with that. Look at the Lakers. Without their bench they're not the same team even with Bynum, Kobe and Gasol. Mavs may have something with this bench. That's if we can get consistency out of Singleton and Barea. You throw Wright into the mix and you have something. Some teams can afford to have Wright start for them since they have a Dwight Howard in the middle or a Dwayne Wade to dominate the ball. But not this team.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #99
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Green played very well. I felt like he was in control and didn't force the issue. I hope he gets some solid minutes from now on. I want to see a line-up of Kidd, Terry, Green, Singleton, Dirk. Could put some points up in a hurry.

With 11 games left into the season I think the chance of Green getting any consistent minutes are over. Which makes you wonder why even give him consistent minutes at any point during a run where we're trying to atleast stay in the 8th spot at the very least? Carlisle should have this rotation set at this point in the season even if Josh is out.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #100
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

Unfortunately I wouldn't count on Green getting consistent minutes or playing time, Hollins too for that matter. All I can hope for aside from that is the Mavs resigning him.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #101
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Can we atleast agree that any team that starts Antoine Wright and Eric Dampier can't be taking this run at a title too serious? I agree with some in this thread. Wright would be a great bench guy. There's nothing wrong with that. Look at the Lakers. Without their bench they're not the same team even with Bynum, Kobe and Gasol. Mavs may have something with this bench. That's if we can get consistency out of Singleton and Barea. You throw Wright into the mix and you have something. Some teams can afford to have Wright start for them since they have a Dwight Howard in the middle or a Dwayne Wade to dominate the ball. But not this team.

Agreed

Old 03-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #102
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Unfortunately I wouldn't count on Green getting consistent minutes or playing time, Hollins too for that matter. All I can hope for aside from that is the Mavs resigning him.
If there is a positive about the minutes Green has gotten this season is that he should be cheap to resign. I guess the question is would he resign after receiving such little playing time? I remember earlier in the season I wondered would Green receive the mid-level from a team after this season. He won't see even half of that now but that's how well he was playing at the beginning of the season. I'm not sure how he fell out of favor with the coaching staff.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:53 AM   #103
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
If there is a positive about the minutes Green has gotten this season is that he should be cheap to resign. I guess the question is would he resign after receiving such little playing time? I remember earlier in the season I wondered would Green receive the mid-level from a team after this season. He won't see even half of that now but that's how well he was playing at the beginning of the season. I'm not sure how he fell out of favor with the coaching staff.

I don't think a lot of teams will go overboard for him. As you said, he may not want to resign with us due to lack of playing time but who knows. I could see the case being that he tends to make an error on the floor in practice and then he dwells on it and complicates things(chicken with its head cut off). Like he bogs himself down with trying to live up to his abilities and has a hard time making the simple play or feeling the flow of what s going on if that makes sense.

I think for now he is good for the type of role where he is allowed to touch the ball alot and generate offense off the bench as he did last night and has done many times. I don't think he has been fully broken yet by the coaching staff and player coaches. I think once he can play with other stars and "feel" when he needs to dominate the ball while others (jet,dirk,jho) are struggling or being doubled he will be capable of a significant role. Something is going on behind closed doors (in practice)that is making the staff think that if his wheels come off, it effects his overall game too much to risk playing him in big situations.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #104
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm not trying to hate on Wright. I just don't think he's a starter. If he were going to develop a 3 pt shot, I think he would have done so by now.
Is Adrian Griffin a starter?

Nonetheless I agree with you. We have the right guys in the wrong spot in the rotation. Singleton is a great 10th man. He's ~7th for us. Wright is a great 7th man. He's a starter for us.
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #105
SMC0007
Guru

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ck-carlis.html

Gerald Green gets props from Rick Carlisle

Gerald Green might have played his best game as a Maverick in last night's blowout over Golden State.

"Gerald Green gave us a big boost -- in 18 minutes, going for 14 points," Rick Carlisle said. "He just played a real solid, sensible game."

We all know the ex-Slam Dunk champ is capable of the spectacular. Solid and sensible? He'll have a long future in the league if that becomes a trend.

Green grabbed five rebounds and actually had an assist -- his 14th in 327 minutes this season. He made six of 10 shots from the floor, and I can only recall one that I thought was forced, which he tends to do too often.

Of course, Green did give the fans an ooooooh moment, throwing down a two-hand windmill jam on a breakaway during garbage time.

Antoine Wright mentioned to Green in the locker room after the game that Golden State's Keleena Azubuike had a chance to catch up on the play. Green cracked a big smile.

"He didn't want none of that duh-duh-duh," Green said, busting a bit of the SportsCenter tune.

If Green keeps giving Carlisle glimpses of solid and sensible, he ought to get a lot more opportunities to make SportsCenter.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #106
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

I agree with most people. ddh33 and jthig both had great recaps.

What happened to ddh33? I always looked forward to his game recaps. Haven't seen him do one in a long time.

Last edited by monty55555; 03-26-2009 at 03:54 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #107
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I hate to bump this thread.... but it was already at the top so it's not a huge loss.

The opening poster of this thread, ghazi, is pulling some shtick on us I believe. Shtick that was born on spurstalk.com by a poster by the name of SpursDynasty. I know ghazi posts there as well so I guarantee he knows of SD. I'm beginning to wonder if ghazi IS SpursDynasty by his posts here.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #108
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'm not sure either get consistent everyday minutes, but I think Carlisle will go to either of them if he feels it is the right situation. Before, Carlisle wouldn't go to Hollins or Green even if they matched up really well with the opponents.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #109
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

What exactly does Antoine Wright bring to this team that Marquis Daniels didn't? The guy is just another guard that can't shoot, and god knows we've had more than enough of those over the years. How exactly would he have helped in the Finals?

As for the "Negative Nancy" bit... I'm merely a passionate fan who is unhappy with the direction my team has taken. Two years ago this team was favored to win the title. Now we're perennial first-round losers. Am I not supposed to be pissed off?
WOW buddy...ease up a lil.

First off YES both of those guys are not that good of scorers but they can both IMO give you about 15 ppg.

BUT dont even try to say that Daniels didnt bring anything to this team or that even NOW he wouldn't. He is a good overall BB player just like Wright is. Actually the 2 guys are very close.

** A really bad point that you made is that Wright cant pass...really now?? Why does he have the ball soo much then?? He is actually a good passer. Maybe you should watch him play a little.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #110
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Bdiddy
Wright
Dirk
Kaman..

I would be okay with it. He could concentrate on defense and shooting a corner three.

Geez, Granger, Nets passed up on Granger for Wright in the draft years ago. Could have plugged him in at the 4.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #111
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Uh, Tony Parker sure as hell improved his shot. Considerably, not "slightly."

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:22 PM   #112
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I hate to bump this thread.... but it was already at the top so it's not a huge loss.

The opening poster of this thread, ghazi, is pulling some shtick on us I believe. Shtick that was born on spurstalk.com by a poster by the name of SpursDynasty. I know ghazi posts there as well so I guarantee he knows of SD. I'm beginning to wonder if ghazi IS SpursDynasty by his posts here.
This is why I said ghazi's doing a bit--SD is exactly who he's imitating. I figured the people who have seen SD's posts (e.g. yourself) knew what I was talking about, and everyone else wouldn't know even if I explained it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #113
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:

Bdiddy
Wright
Dirk
Kaman..

You know as much as people talk about how limited we are offensively all thing considered we ARE tied for 7th in the league in offensive efficiency. You look at the names like Wright/Kidd/Dampier in starting 5 and think the offense sputters but all things considered, our guys in blue have a decently efficient offense although not nearly as efficient as the Nelly days and even Avery days

Kaman and Davis are very inefficient players themselves though. I hate to use player efficiency rating as a measure but Dampier is actually having a better year than Kaman and Davis is having a worse year than Kidd.

It all starts with the D, our guys are 15th in the league. That won't get anything done. Our D is a bigger problem than the O.

We've also seen numerous example since the Kidd trade where the D ignites the transition game, so I'd imagine if our D was a little bit better the O would be even more efficient.

Last edited by ghazi; 03-26-2009 at 07:01 PM.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #114
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post

No difference. It's old and boring whether he's trying to be serious or funny.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #115
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Even more reason to officially get someone else to start the post game threads. Shtick or no shtick, it's bad for the forum.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:16 PM   #116
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Someone else volunteer to start the next post game thread in a VERY timely fashion, and someone might think about deleting whatever ghazi throws out there.

Maybe...someone.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #117
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If it's really that big of a deal to people...I guess it might actually be, then I'd consider doing it. I won't be here for EVERY game, but I will be for a majority. I know monty55555 and some other guys have nice recaps as well...if they want it, they can have it. I know GDTs definitely kicked me in the butt.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #118
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I can see my beloved Mavs fans have scolded me and that my posting is not appreciated on this board. We've had a many laughs and cries together this year but it seems I was mistaken in thinking I was welcomed in the family of Mav fans.

Very well then
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:53 PM   #119
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I can see my beloved Mavs fans have scolded me and that my posting is not appreciated on this board. We've had a many laughs and cries together this year but it seems I was mistaken in thinking I was welcomed in the family of Mav fans.

Very well then
Your punishment is to go sit in the $2 seats.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #120
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Your punishment is to go sit in the $2 seats.
Hey now!

Not all of us get the luxury suites treatment...

Tags
fluke reaction, fluke win, i never add tags, nothing to see here, postgame thread = fail, supposed to beat them, vex-uncadonk, vexadocious, vexage, vexalicious, where art thou ddh?, your recaps suck again