Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-19-2009, 11:34 PM   #81
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfast View Post
I think I'll audition for the kicker spot next season. I'm always relaxed and have freakishly large legs.
lol

Don't wait, head down to valley ranch on Monday

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 12-19-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2009, 11:38 PM   #82
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

The cowboys are both lucky and cursed with that win. Win and you increase your chances to get into the playoffs. Win and you give Wade phillips more life. Win/lose. And despite playing a great game, the cowboys still almost lost in the fourth quarter.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #83
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

hell yeah, great win, saints suck!!!!!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:29 AM   #84
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Folk should be released by tomorrow. If not, the Cowboys are making a HUGE mistake...
Old 12-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #85
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Folk should be released by tomorrow. If not, the Cowboys are making a HUGE mistake...
Mavericks Rockets fan? ........gtfo.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:15 AM   #86
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-20-2009, 01:27 AM   #87
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

BeWare!!!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:59 AM   #88
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
Mavericks Rockets fan? ........gtfo.
I was born in Dallas and lived there for a long time. Now I live in Houston and have for a long time. I am a fan of both teams. If that is impossible for you to understand - not my problem...

Seriously though, how many field goals does a guy have to miss for us to cut him?! I am shocked if Dallas keeps Folk around for much longer...
Old 12-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #89
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

We win super balls now?

tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #90
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
I was born in Dallas and lived there for a long time. Now I live in Houston and have for a long time. I am a fan of both teams. If that is impossible for you to understand - not my problem...

Seriously though, how many field goals does a guy have to miss for us to cut him?! I am shocked if Dallas keeps Folk around for much longer...

Outstanding, some folks don't understand being a fan of more than one team.

Personally, I've rooted for the Mavs first, followed by the Rockets and Spurs...keeping it all in Texas...aint nothin wrong with it.

Don't sweat some of the fools from this board...as for Folk, don't cut him...just put him on the IR and give him an off-season to try and right the ship...if in training camp/pre-season he doesn't show positive consistancy, then you let him lose the battle and cut him.

But for now, for this season...it's time to see if anyone is available to go on the stretch run!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #91
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This just furthers my belief that whatever shmuck ass team comes out of the NFC is going to get creamed in the super balls.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #92
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
I was born in Dallas and lived there for a long time. Now I live in Houston and have for a long time. I am a fan of both teams. If that is impossible for you to understand - not my problem....
So when Dallas plays Houston, you are both a winner and a loser...nice...not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post

Personally, I've rooted for the Mavs first, followed by the Rockets and Spurs...keeping it all in Texas...aint nothin wrong with it.

Don't sweat some of the fools from this board...
It's not that you can't be a fan of multiple teams, but that in your cases, you aren't able to be a 100% Mavs fan--what are you, 50:30:20? I like to allocate all of my resources to Dallas. Live and die by the Mavs... I would rather not cheer for two teams that are our division rivals...it just seems logical to me.

Do Texas fans cheer for A&M? Cowboys for Redskins? Redsox for Yankees? Indeed, it is quite odd to me that you cheer for one of the Mavs' greatest rivals of all time...

Anyways, Martin Grammatica anybody?

Last edited by ty; 12-20-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #93
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
So when Dallas plays Houston, you are both a winner and a loser...nice...not really.

It's not that you can't be a fan of multiple teams, but that in your cases, you aren't able to be a 100% Mavs fan--what are you, 50:30:20? I like to allocate all of my resources to Dallas. Live and die by the Mavs... I would rather not cheer for two teams that are our division rivals...it just seems logical to me.

Do Texas fans cheer for A&M? Cowboys for Redskins? Redsox for Yankees? Indeed, it is quite odd to me that you cheer for one of the Mavs' greatest rivals of all time...

Anyways, Martin Grammatica anybody?
To answer your question...Yes, Longhorns cheer for Aggies, they are both from Texas and if the favorite team is out of it, then the back up plan is for the other Texas team. However Cowboys never root for Redskins and Redsox never root for Yankees...those are different situations.

One can root 100% for their Favorite team, Dallas (Mavs, Stars, Cowboys, Rangers, FC...Longhorns, etc...) then they can root for an alternate team when their team is out of it.

The only exception, I have is that I have a tough time rooting for the Texans...I suppose they are my 3rd team, as I still root for the Oilers/Titans after the Cowboys are out of it.

Trust me, when my Dallas teams are knocked out...a part of me dies, but if I am going to keep watching the sport, then I turn to my alternate Texas teams...If they are all knocked out, then I turn to the next sport.

But hey, I also understand fans who only follow one team...

Speaking of which, go 49ers...man I hate the Eagles, perhaps more than any other team, including the Lakers.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #94
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post

Don't sweat some of the fools from this board...as for Folk, don't cut him...just put him on the IR and give him an off-season to try and right the ship...if in training camp/pre-season he doesn't show positive consistancy, then you let him lose the battle and cut him.

But for now, for this season...it's time to see if anyone is available to go on the stretch run!!!
F*ck the Spurs.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #95
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm... It's exactly that you can't be a fan of more than one team. No effing way.

Tags
92brodneydangerfield, fluffaluffagus rex, got a bit fluffy in here