Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #81
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

This is the end for the Dirk-era Mavs. It was fun while it lasted.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #82
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Man I really like the idea of adding Wright. He just turned 22 on the 6th and from what I've read about him he seems like a much better prospect than Ager. Hoopshype says:

He's 6-7, athletic, good outside shooter and has a high basketball IQ

Very nice.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #83
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Antoine Wright:

7 ppg in 25 minutes per game?

My pants are on fire!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #84
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Man I really like the idea of adding Wright. He just turned 22 on the 6th and from what I've read about him he seems like a much better prospect than Ager.
ESPN says he's 24?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #85
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky
Did he teach JJB? The guy was as polished as he is now when he got here. The guy was playing international ball since he was like 16.

Anyway, I think the interesting thing is that many of the same people that were agreeing that this team deserved a fork, are crying now. If anything the optimists who thought we had a chance with Harris should be the only ones really crying.

I cant tell you how sad I am to see Diop and Harris gone-- this team was so ma and pa for a while, but there isn't any point in crying. Besides the negativity and pessimism about this teams chances was starting to develop inside me no matter how much I tried to stay optimistic. Maybe we needed a move and maybe this move will help us.

All I know is that we lost all chemistry there for a while and players weren't even trying. We kept Dirk and Howard. We still have sharpshooters in Terry and Dirk. We still have Howard to slash. We still have Damp who can really play inside with a good pass in to him. We still have Bass who is a power player like Kenyon Martin.
rep and amen

GO MAVS!!!!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #86
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

So we dump Nash because we didn't want to pay him x-amount of dollars when he would be in the latter part of his contract and old, and because we wanted to add Dampier to improve our post-D, then we turn around a few years later and get Kidd who's going to be paid x-amount of dollars in the latter years of his contract when he's old and dump Diop which will deprive us of a solid post defender. Brilliant....
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:50 PM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Man I really like the idea of adding Wright. He just turned 22 on the 6th and from what I've read about him he seems like a much better prospect than Ager. Hoopshype says:

Very nice.

Is he part of the deal?

What is the deal anyway???

Is George in or out?

Will Stack be coming back (or will he go join the Suns)?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #88
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Antoine Wright was a stud at A&M. Not sure how many college hoops fans are here.

Of course, that doesn't mean he'll do much for us. But I'm just saying.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #89
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Antoine Wright for a future second round pick does help to explain all the extra cash and picks headed away in the main trade.

Wright can be a useful player, imo.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #90
cjbcool

cjbcool is on a distinguished road

The object is to win it all, not get close. I think we will get close, but a failure non the less.
If we can't win now with this trade, what good was it?

Kidd can't mold Harris into a PG because he isn't on the team. We can't draft for a Center because we dont have first rounders. We dont have a DEEP bench anymore because we traded three of them to the NETS. We werent in a good money spot to begin with, but we now have to give NETS money.

Kidd doesnt have RJ and Vincanity to throw to. Some of the plays that Kidd makes are a product of their athleticsm. He wont have as many assists as he had in NJ.

I hope JJB has shown Avery something spectacular that he is willing to GIVE harris away like that.

And then you add the fact that many see King James coming there after his contract is up, and the Nets are in a good situation.

Last edited by cjbcool; 02-13-2008 at 03:53 PM.
cjbcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #91
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ok so Damp gets 2 quick fouls in the first....

What do you do?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #92
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope that 2010 pick is lottery-protected, because we may be better for the next season or two, but after that, JJB will be our starting PG as of right now.

While I personally would rather have kept Harris, I understand the deal from a personnel & cash standpoint--it's the draft picks that really bother me. We are going to need to draft a PG to become the "heir" to Kidd.
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #93
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I see Fazekas at back-up center.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #94
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Antoine Wright for a future second round pick does help to explain all the extra cash and picks headed away in the main trade.

Wright can be a useful player, imo.
I think the Mavs are using the separate Wright trade to sort of counter-balance NJ's advantage on the first trade.

Wright was a lottery pick (15th overall) in 05. We just traded a second round pick for him. Maybe that helps counter a bit the cash and picks the Mavs threw in.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #95
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

What do you do?

Ju-Herp, baby!

Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #96
Texas Hokie

Texas Hokie will become famous soon enoughTexas Hokie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Did he teach JJB? The guy was as polished as he is now when he got here. The guy was playing international ball since he was like 16.

Anyway, I think the interesting thing is that many of the same people that were agreeing that this team deserved a fork, are crying now. If anything the optimists who thought we had a chance with Harris should be the only ones really crying.

I cant tell you how sad I am to see Diop and Harris gone-- this team was so ma and pa for a while, but there isn't any point in crying. Besides the negativity and pessimism about this teams chances was starting to develop inside me no matter how much I tried to stay optimistic. Maybe we needed a move and maybe this move will help us.

All I know is that we lost all chemistry there for a while and players weren't even trying. We kept Dirk and Howard. We still have sharpshooters in Terry and Dirk. We still have Howard to slash. We still have Damp who can really play inside with a good pass in to him. We still have Bass who is a power player like Kenyon Martin.
Just because you think the Mavs were "done" as then-currently constructed, doesn't mean that you believe Jason Kidd is the answer. I did, and I don't. If the main problems remain unaddressed, this will accomplish nothing but making us older.
Texas Hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #97
littlelibo

littlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the roughlittlelibo is a jewel in the rough

wow... a lot of negativity. I was not rooting for a trade, but come on...

1. all anyone ever does around here is complain about stack... we might even get him back.. if not, eddie jones is an ok replacement
2. Diop is ok, but not all that... Maybe we pick up someone with our mid-level
3. Kidd for Devin is an upgrade... period. He runs an offense better, rebounds better, and he allows us to play Terry at SG because of his size

Lets try being optimistic for once!!!!
littlelibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #98
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbcool
We dont have a DEEP bench anymore because we traded three of them to the NETS.
I'm sick of the depth argument. Depth is a luxury for teams that have a killer starting lineup, which we didn't quite have. We had to start Eddie Jones, and if he's a starter, he doesn't count as depth.

Besides, our second unit always blows leads, no matter how big they are.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 02-13-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #99
vinylstar

vinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud ofvinylstar has much to be proud of

Quote:

What do you do?
Nailed it!

Against most teams Bass might be good enough...against others with real C's...trouble...big trouble...
vinylstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #100
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Very nice.
He's so awesome that the pathetic Nets didn't offer him a 4th year. We only get to see him until the end of the season and then he's a FA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Nets don't pick up option on Wright's contract
Associated Press
Updated: October 26, 2007, 4:09 PM ET

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets refused to pick up the fourth-year option on the contract of guard-forward Antoine Wright on Friday.

Wright will remain under contract this season and then become an unrestricted free agent.

"We are looking to have financial flexibility at the conclusion of the season," Nets president Rod Thorn said. "Antoine has worked very hard to become a rotation player, and we expect him to be a solid contributor during the upcoming season."

The 15th pick overall in the 2005 draft, Wright averaged 3.5 points and 2.0 rebounds in his first two seasons.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #101
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
jjb's definitely been improving.

Quote:
Maybe we needed a move and maybe this move will help us..
I'm pretty on the fence. It's a big gamble. I think bigger than staying pat, but big gambles sometimes mean big payoffs.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #102
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I'm sick of the depth argument. Depth is a luxury for teams that have a killer starting lineup, which we didn't quite have. We had to start Eddie Jones, and if he's a starter, he doesn't count as depth.

Besides, our second unit always blows leads, no matter how big they are.
One problem I see is that our starting lineup is now stacked but our 2nd unit is going to keep blowing leads. Who plays point, Barea? Lord help us.

Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #103
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
MEMO TO DONNIE: we still need a legitimate starting 2-guard...

Make that happen & I'll learn to love this trade...

Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #104
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
He's so awesome that the pathetic Nets didn't offer him a 4th year. We only get to see him until the end of the season and then he's a FA

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Nets don't pick up option on Wright's contract
Associated Press
Updated: October 26, 2007, 4:09 PM ET

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New Jersey Nets refused to pick up the fourth-year option on the contract of guard-forward Antoine Wright on Friday.

Wright will remain under contract this season and then become an unrestricted free agent.

"We are looking to have financial flexibility at the conclusion of the season," Nets president Rod Thorn said. "Antoine has worked very hard to become a rotation player, and we expect him to be a solid contributor during the upcoming season."

The 15th pick overall in the 2005 draft, Wright averaged 3.5 points and 2.0 rebounds in his first two seasons.
There's no such thing as a player who was bad ass in college, doesn't do much at his first team, but becomes a contributor on his second team?

Brandon Bass would like to speak with you.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #105
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
MEMO TO DONNIE: we still need a legitimate starting 2-guard...

Make that happen & I'll learn to love this trade...
My money says we're getting Miller. I can feel it.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #106
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
One problem I see is that our starting lineup is now stacked but our 2nd unit is going to keep blowing leads. Who plays point, Barea? Lord help us.
We can still use Terry the same way we have been. 2nd pg, and sg to finish the games off.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #107
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's no such thing as a player who was bad ass in college, doesn't do much at his first team, but becomes a contributor on his second team?

And maybe Ager will be the steal of the entire trade.

Ain't likely though.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #108
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
Golly gee, I'm looking forward to the day when Devin Harris lights us up for 20 and 10 now that f'n Avery Johnson is off of his back...
Now devin gets a chance to abuse avery johnson for all the screaming avery did
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #109
LonghornDub

Quote:

Ain't likely though.
So? We traded a second round pick for him. I'll take a guy who could be a Brandon Bass over a future second round pick. Who were we gonna draft with that?

Old 02-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #110
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:

Ain't likely though.
wouldn't that be the kicker. Just that sentence makes me miss Nellie for some reason.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #111
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This could be the best or worst trade in our history. Giving up a young pg who was nearly a star is really tough. I think I might tear up now...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #112
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
So? We traded a second round pick for him. I'll take a guy who could be a Brandon Bass over a future second round pick. Who were we gonna draft with that?
Fazekas. Our new backup center.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #113
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
We can still use Terry the same way we have been. 2nd pg, and sg to finish the games off.
If so, I hope Terry caught wind of some trade rumor and has intentionally played like a$$ to keep from being traded.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #114
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Wright is a FA after the season. If he "contributes on his second team" for a few months, who cares? He's gone.
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #115
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

so much for the market being set by the gasol trade!

4 decent to good players for kidd. plus 2 first rounders and cash?

and 1 decent player for gasol.

i like kidd A LOT. and realized harris was probably going. And i'm not THAT attached to stack, ager, george, or diop. but it still seems like A LOT.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #116
Underdog

Quote:
My money says we're getting Miller. I can feel it.

Damp/Fazekas/Allen
Dirk/Bass/Ju-Ho
Josh/George or Stack(???)
Miller/Terry/Jones
Kidd/Terry/JJB

That lineup makes me hard... A bit thin at center, but that's the only weakness (nothing new there!)

Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #117
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Great post Erica, awesome, gettin me fired up.

Look, I love Diop, always have, even wanted us to draft him.

We all must realize he wasn't going to resign with us. Someone was/is going to give Diop more money and he would have been gone next year, for nothing. At least we get some value out of him now, since Avery had decided to bench for about a month.

Giving up Devin sucks, but how much better was he going to get with Avery and with his age/experience. He always was pushed around by Avery and never got respect he deserved. This is his 4th year, will he ever get to 20/10? Doubt it and I doubt he would on this team, with this coach, with Dirk in his prime, which is only another few years.

The time is now. Win now. F the future, Dirk can't wait forever. And neither can I...
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #118
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
If so, I hope Terry caught wind of some trade rumor and has intentionally played like a$$ to keep from being traded.
It may have just worked out for him.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #119
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Antoine Wright:

7 ppg in 25 minutes per game?

My pants are on fire!!!
You can't expect a youngin like Wright to average very many points when he's playing with Carter, Jefferson and Kidd.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #120
MFFL
Guru

Quote:
I wouldn't mind adding a player like Big Baby over in Boston - he was a second. In fact the draft is littered with good solid players in the second.

I don't want to WASTE a second just to take a look at a guy for a couple of months.

Tags
haterism at its highest, homerism at its highest, jason kidd, your turn go!