Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #81
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

A real gem from real gm by a female poster (no pun intended):

That game was so sexy. Downright explicit. Too hot for TV. I have the vapors! Terry and Peja coming up clutch in a huge game? Peja DENYING Odom on the baseline at the critical juncture? My world is collapsing. Dirk is a thunder god with flowing golden lockes! Snatching the heart out of LA and smashing it with the Mjöllnir. So easy even a caveman can do it.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #82
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from the game! OMG! So awesome!

So a little story about tonight's game. My brother has one of those reversible blazers that looks like a normal black one on the outside. BUT! It flips into a Mavs blazer. So, I don't flip it until the lights go out to announce the Mavs starting lineup. So I flip it and the game goes on til the end of the third where I was so hot, I had to take it off. The Mavs are down about 8 this point. I go to the bathroom, come back, put the blazer back on and that is when the run started. My brother and I always switch off the blazer to whoever goes to the game. Glad I put it back on . I seriously was about to pass out, and I said SCREW IT!

GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #83
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

"flip of the switch"? LMAO, Pau has NEVER been on Dirk's stratosphere.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #84
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

I'm a Chiefs fan and tonight was like watching Joe Montana slay the Oilers in the Astrodome in 1993. Dirk was absolutely ridiculous - on both ends of the court. He REFUSED to fold. He was shooting threes with a killer instinct. I've seen him pass the ball when he has open threes before but not tonight. He was taking every open shot.

I thought he MIGHT miss a free throw at the end but he swished them. ICE.
Nowitzness81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #85
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quite interesting that, probably contrary to some people's expectations, there's hardly been any officiating in the Lakers' favor in this series so far. We shot twice as many free throws as the Lakers tonight while they had 26 fouls as opposed to 18 for the Mavs. Raw numbers, I know, but still...

Dirk was beyond amazing today. Jet had a tremendous game as well. Peja came up big time in the final quarter. And Kidd, while not shooting well, was a true veteran and once again helped simply by being on the court.

Great, great win overall. We didn't even play that great as a team, the Lakers looked they were determined and able to win up until the second half of the 4th quarter and we still pulled it off at the end in incredibly clutch manner. This win must be another invaluable confidence boost.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #86
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

"Dirk are you playing your best basketball right now"

"As a team?"

I love this guy.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #87
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

missed some wide open shots in the first three that we then hit in the fourth. its not like we shot very well all game - marion was a no factor on offense.
haywood and chandler didn't really play too well down low (but bynum is prolly the toughest center left in the playoffs to guard)
few too many turnovers also in the first 3 ... but we just hung around and made plays in the fourth.

Last edited by Lor20; 05-07-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #88
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't even know what to say about this, honestly. I feel like I could take all night and not accurately assess that game, and specifically, Dirk's effect on it. I mentioned this on Twitter, but I'll expound a bit here: The fourth quarter of this game is what people miss when assessing Kobe and Dirk's games.

Kobe played a fantastic game for most of the night. But what happened in crunch time? Hero ball. Bynum didn't take a shot the last ten minutes of the game. The Mavs got away with guarding Odom with PEJA(!!!). And yeah, Peja represented himself well a few times, but let's be honest; Odom can destroy Peja pretty much any time he wants. But because Kobe has to win it, the Lakers don't exploit that match up. Kobe has to decide whether to be distributor or hero, he can't be both.

Contrast that with Dirk. This entire offense is built around Dirk drawing massive amounts of attention. It's completely dependent on him being EXTREMELY efficient and effective scoring the basketball. But at any point in the game, Dirk can just as easily draw attention and kick for an open shot as attack mercilessly. Every single good thing the Mavs did on offense down the stretch was because of Dirk.

And you know what else? Let's talk about Dirk's defense. I keep hearing the Gasol is in a funk, Gasol isn't asserting himself. Bullsh. Dirk is manhandling Gasol on defense and Gasol wants no part of it. Dirk is rooting himself in the post and not letting Gasol get position. Yeah he's getting some help, but I'm sick of Dirk not getting the credit he deserves here.

After Dirk comes Jet, who was just ridiculously awesome tonight. He was moving with purpose, he was destroying the nets, and he once again played better than solid defense. He showed fantastic awareness in swiping the ball away from bigs twice tonight (only one resulted in a turnover). He nailed clutch free throws. He was just effing awesome.

The bigs battled hard tonight. They weren't as effective defensively as the previous two games, and I attribute that directly to how the game was officiated. Such a stark contrast in reffing styles between the first two games and this one. But still give a ton of credit to the bigs that battled hard and had to play in foul trouble.

Next comes Peja, who showed by shooters keep shooting good shots. Now, I will admit that even I got sick of the constant threes in the third. The Mavs ended up with about five threes too many, by my estimation. But aside from that ugly stretch in the third, the threes were in rythme, open shots that have to be taken. They're efficient ways to score, and great shooters aren't going to keep missing them. So Peja kept at it and REALLY saved this team down the stretch (with Dirk's massic effort as well, obviously). I loved seeing the response Peja got after going to the bench from Caron et all.

After that...um...I guess JJ would be next. Quiet night, didn't shoot well but I thought he ran the offense fairly well.

Marion...holy crap man.

Kidd...yeesh. I still can't completely kill him because he had to exert SO much energy on Kobe and he brings so much to the table that is hard to quantify. But his offensive performance was...awful.

Stevenson...whatever. He's space filler. Love his attitude, but I'm dying for an upgrade there. He's not killing us, that's good.

What an awesome win. I had to forego Twitter in the fourth quarter. Pressure was too much.

Oh, and Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy can suck it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #89
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Odom 42, Gasol 40, Bynum 37, Kobe 38, Fisher 35.

Those are the minutes by the Lakers' starters. We play again in 38 hours. Good effin' luck.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:00 AM   #90
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

OK Hamburgers. Let´s go Kiez :-)
Old 05-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #91
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

this afternoon i went and watched thor, the god of thunder at the movies

then i came home and treated myself to dirk, the god of basketball
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #92
DULLAH

DULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the roughDULLAH is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
He had it in 6 tho
I had it in 6.

After we went up 2-0, I still stuck to winning in 6...via going up 3-0, then 3-1, then 3-2, then 4-2. I certainly hope me and Chuck are wrong. A sweep and plenty of preparation for the WCF would be a true blessing.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:03 AM   #93
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
"Dirk are you playing your best basketball right now"

"As a team?"

I love this guy.
This
Old 05-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #94
Rick Carlisle

Rick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant futureRick Carlisle has a brilliant future

How would a loss in this series compare to the loss in the 2006 Finals and 2007 1st round? I feel it would not be as bad as 2006 but worse than 2007.

Last edited by Rick Carlisle; 05-07-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Rick Carlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #95
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Carlisle View Post
How would a loss in this series compare to the loss in the 2006 Finals and 2007 1st round? I feel it would be not as bad as 2006 but worse than 2007.
should anyone respond to someone who predicted the Mavs would get swept?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #96
god_mode

god_mode is on a distinguished road

Phil need to go.

Congrats Mavs fans, you guys have been the better team this series or at least care more.

Only Kobe and Drew give a dam, the rest can't wait to go fishing
god_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #97
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
this afternoon i went and watched thor, the god of thunder at the movies

then i came home and treated myself to dirk, the god of basketball
Dirk is even better, he's all father
Old 05-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #98
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to get ahead of myself... but how great would it be if we could sweep them and get Kidd some rest.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #99
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

That lefty hook from Dirk was killer - nothing you can do to stop the guy when he busts new sh!t out on you like that...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-07-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:07 AM   #100
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Carlisle View Post
How would a loss in this series compare to the loss in the 2006 Finals and 2007 1st round? I feel it would not be as bad as 2006 but worse than 2007.
wait...you weren't the coach in 06 or 07
Old 05-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #101
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #102
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I don't want to get ahead of myself... but how great would it be if we could sweep them and get Kidd some rest.
And at the earliest, that series will end on Wednesday, and I expect it to go at least six. Kidd could get a week off.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #103
xrobx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
the red lifeboats are bringing survivors to a miami heat ship
Old 05-07-2011, 12:09 AM   #104
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
OK Hamburgers. Let´s go Kiez :-)
Hafengeburtstag and a Mavs win...talk about an awesome combination.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 05-07-2011 at 12:10 AM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:09 AM   #105
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
the red lifeboats are bringing survivors to a miami heat ship
lol

Old 05-07-2011, 12:09 AM   #106
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

"With his head almost completely severed off by a German mongoose, the Black Mamba gasps for 1 last breathe as he slithers away in confusion." - http://twitter.com/#!/TheBillWalton
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #107
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
should anyone respond to someone who predicted the Mavs would get swept?
I think you accidentally answered your own question
Old 05-07-2011, 12:10 AM   #108
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragism View Post
"With his head almost completely severed off by a German mongoose, the Black Mamba gasps for 1 last breathe as he slithers away in confusion." - http://twitter.com/#!/TheBillWalton
Greatness...

Old 05-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #109
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't even know what to say about this, honestly. I feel like I could take all night and not accurately assess that game, and specifically, Dirk's effect on it. I mentioned this on Twitter, but I'll expound a bit here: The fourth quarter of this game is what people miss when assessing Kobe and Dirk's games.

Kobe played a fantastic game for most of the night. But what happened in crunch time? Hero ball. Bynum didn't take a shot the last ten minutes of the game. The Mavs got away with guarding Odom with PEJA(!!!). And yeah, Peja represented himself well a few times, but let's be honest; Odom can destroy Peja pretty much any time he wants. But because Kobe has to win it, the Lakers don't exploit that match up. Kobe has to decide whether to be distributor or hero, he can't be both.

Contrast that with Dirk. This entire offense is built around Dirk drawing massive amounts of attention. It's completely dependent on him being EXTREMELY efficient and effective scoring the basketball. But at any point in the game, Dirk can just as easily draw attention and kick for an open shot as attack mercilessly. Every single good thing the Mavs did on offense down the stretch was because of Dirk.

And you know what else? Let's talk about Dirk's defense. I keep hearing the Gasol is in a funk, Gasol isn't asserting himself. Bullsh. Dirk is manhandling Gasol on defense and Gasol wants no part of it. Dirk is rooting himself in the post and not letting Gasol get position. Yeah he's getting some help, but I'm sick of Dirk not getting the credit he deserves here.

After Dirk comes Jet, who was just ridiculously awesome tonight. He was moving with purpose, he was destroying the nets, and he once again played better than solid defense. He showed fantastic awareness in swiping the ball away from bigs twice tonight (only one resulted in a turnover). He nailed clutch free throws. He was just effing awesome.

The bigs battled hard tonight. They weren't as effective defensively as the previous two games, and I attribute that directly to how the game was officiated. Such a stark contrast in reffing styles between the first two games and this one. But still give a ton of credit to the bigs that battled hard and had to play in foul trouble.

Next comes Peja, who showed by shooters keep shooting good shots. Now, I will admit that even I got sick of the constant threes in the third. The Mavs ended up with about five threes too many, by my estimation. But aside from that ugly stretch in the third, the threes were in rythme, open shots that have to be taken. They're efficient ways to score, and great shooters aren't going to keep missing them. So Peja kept at it and REALLY saved this team down the stretch (with Dirk's massic effort as well, obviously). I loved seeing the response Peja got after going to the bench from Caron et all.

After that...um...I guess JJ would be next. Quiet night, didn't shoot well but I thought he ran the offense fairly well.

Marion...holy crap man.

Kidd...yeesh. I still can't completely kill him because he had to exert SO much energy on Kobe and he brings so much to the table that is hard to quantify. But his offensive performance was...awful.

Stevenson...whatever. He's space filler. Love his attitude, but I'm dying for an upgrade there. He's not killing us, that's good.

What an awesome win. I had to forego Twitter in the fourth quarter. Pressure was too much.

Oh, and Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy can suck it.

Spot on with everything, but AMEN on the bolded.

I am SO sick of Dirk's defense being underrated. It's always good, and it's been FANTASTIC in the playoffs.

Someone posted the PPS of post defenders earlier, and Dirk was TIED with KG for the best post defense of ANY of the good PFs. There are areas on D where he isn't great. But his man and post D isn't okay, it isn't good, it's fucking very good to great. He has LOCKED Pau up. Pau is scared to go at him. A number of times he passed out to Kobe with the shot clock running down. Dirk is keeping Pau 15 feet from the basket, and guess what, he's staying there.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #110
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Oh my god. I need to follow Bill Walton. I never knew he had updates like this for live games. Followeezy take some notes
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #111
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Greatness...
Never realized that B.Walton is bringing the twitter goods on a regular basis...his last 30 posts are just full of win.

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 05-07-2011 at 12:13 AM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:13 AM   #112
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

It's not Bill Walton's twitter (although I can see him saying that stuff) but it's all still hilarious.

Last edited by Fragism; 05-07-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #113
CadBane
Banned

Hot damn Kobe is pissed.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #114
fluid.forty.one

Kobe is so smug.

"I still think we're going to win this series"..

"Lets see if they can win in LA"

uhh they already did

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 05-07-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #115
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I loved that pass out from dirk to peja for a 3.. I loved it. It's the right basketball play, and it's a play where you trust your teammate...

I LOVED IT!!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:15 AM   #116
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

Kobe in full denial
Old 05-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #117
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Kobe still thinks he can the series. Niggplease

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #118
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Kobe is so smug.

"I still think we're going to win this series"
I want to punch him in the face. Good God, what a creep.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:16 AM   #119
Underdog

Kobe sounds like such a douche - "win Sunday and see if they can win in LA..."

You mean AGAIN, loser?

Old 05-07-2011, 12:17 AM   #120
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yeah I mean, I'm all for optimisim, but Kobe is in serious denial. Your ego is losing the series Mr. Bryant....and losing it badly.