Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-21-2017, 10:18 AM   #81
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I don't think it's overreacting. I go back and forth with Rick myself. I think he's one of the best coaches in the NBA but I do wonder if he is the right guy for a rebuild. To be fair though I think he and the FO are on the same page, do what it takes to win as many games as you can and let the chips fall after. And his offense is really starting to kill me. He may make minor adjustments but I despise having DSJ dribble the ball across half court and watch him pass it to Yogi or JJ depending on who is in the game, run down and set a screen for Barnes then curl around to the weak side to either spot up or get the ball back and give it to Wes who is either posting up or running a curl to the top of the key after setting his own screen. It's awful to watch. I still think he has looked best when we have been out of the game and he's been allowed to freelance his own offense. Just wish Rick would call less plays from the side, call some to make sure everyone is getting involved, but he's calling too many IMO.
Yea, I don't understand why the bread and butter play isn't Barnes setting ball screens at the top for DSJ, especially with Dirk on the floor.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2017, 10:20 AM   #82
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Dirk could be 60 with two broken legs and I'd want him taking the last shot over Barnes.

After a slow first 4 games, Dirk is shooting about 49% from the floor and around 36-37% from 3. I'd like to see him get more touches, but that would probably result in more wins which wouldn't necessarily be the best thing for this team.
I meant it more in a sense that it's good for Barnes to take it as he is part of the future here.. I agree though that I want Dirk taking the final shot every time if it was up to me. Especially in a game that clearly we wanted to win.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #83
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I meant it more in a sense that it's good for Barnes to take it as he is part of the future here.. I agree though that I want Dirk taking the final shot every time if it was up to me. Especially in a game that clearly we wanted to win.
Yea, I prefer Barnes flooring the ball hard like he had been over him fading away OR Dirk which we all know would have been a fadeaway at this point.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #84
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea, I prefer Barnes flooring the ball hard like he had been over him fading away OR Dirk which we all know would have been a fadeaway at this point.
Normally I would agree with HB flooring it, but Boston was flooding the paint anytime we tried to drive late resulting in a turnover. Barnes got a clean look. He just missed the shot. Oh well, all in for a top pick this summer!
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #85
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Normally I would agree with HB flooring it, but Boston was flooding the paint anytime we tried to drive late resulting in a turnover. Barnes got a clean look. He just missed the shot. Oh well, all in for a top pick this summer!
Yea. I'm not butt hurt about the selection last night, but I mean in general with no time left on the game clock, go hard and maybe you get a layup or force the refs to make a call.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:05 PM   #86
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Absolutely this. That is how you lose. After 2 turnovers, DJS takes the ball down the court, I feel a bit better, it then ends up in Yogis hands with Dirk setting soft screens and not holding position against the smaller defender. Same struggle to get the ball to a spot where there is some type of security and stability...then Dirk gets ripped by Kyrie. How to lose 101.

I hope this is tanking 101.......
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote