Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #81
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Whoa, don't say anything about Dirk freaking Nowitzki, EVER... LOL. Take it easy killer read what it was in reference to before you go throwing virtual neg rep around for someone even mentioning our leader without kissing arse..
I would like to hold every player accountable if that is ok, regardless of what you think.
Accountable for what? Questioning Dirk's worth ethic is asinine. It's the one thing every player/coach that ever comes into contact with him talks about. Coasting through a pre-season game is not a sign of a poor worth ethic. It's a sign of a veteran knowing he can turn it on when he needs to.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #82
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

^So much rep going ungiven...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:05 PM   #83
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Accountable for what? Questioning Dirk's worth ethic is asinine. It's the one thing every player/coach that ever comes into contact with him talks about. Coasting through a pre-season game is not a sign of a poor worth ethic. It's a sign of a veteran knowing he can turn it on when he needs to.

Accountable for their play! WTF else? See KG, preseason or not he plays both ends of the floor. That to me, is setting an example of how to be a pro and quality work ethic.

Im talking about Sefkos stupid article, not Dirks work ethic in general, nor the regualr season.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki looked like the best player on the court Saturday night in the Mavericks' 124-109 exhibition win over Sacramento. It's the first time during the preseason he's taken over a game, finishing with 21 points in 28 minutes.

For most of October, Nowitzki's biggest imprint has been reminding the Mavericks how to be pros and what a quality work ethic looks like. He and Jason Kidd have made sure the Mavericks' newcomers know what is expected.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #84
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever dude. If you don't think Dirk is the ultimate example of a pro with a quality work ethic then I feel sorry for you and the other athletes you root for, because you must absolutely despise them.

Also, maybe if Dirk chose not to represent his country in international play (like Garnett) he would have the energy to go 100% in meaningless games.

Instead, he plays for his country, is the first person to practice and the last one to leave, and to make sure he makes it through the season, he takes it easy in a few preseason games.

Honestly, there are things you criticize Dirk on, but work ethic? You're nuts.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-20-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #85
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whoa, don't say anything about Dirk freaking Nowitzki, EVER... LOL. Take it easy killer read what it was in reference to before you go throwing virtual neg rep around for someone even mentioning our leader without kissing arse..
I would like to hold every player accountable if that is ok, regardless of what you think.
you need to back down on this one...you said something stupid...there is no reason to defend it.

You questioned Dirk's "work ethic". Dirk isn't a lot of things, but one thing he is, is one of the hardest working players in this league. Jason Kidd (and just about any guy who has ever played with Dirk) says so.

Or would you like to say you were questioning it only in this particular game?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #86
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

You feel sorry for me and the other athletes I root for? That doesn't make sense and the entire post is.. awesome. How far off can you take this, throwing accusations around, must be bored. Guy, I root for Dirk and the rest of the Mavs just like everyone else around here. Just because I think Dirk has things he needs to work on like Defense in particular, doesn't mean I don't root for him.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #87
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
You feel sorry for me and the other athletes I root for? That doesn't make sense and the entire post is.. awesome. How far off can you take this, throwing accusations around, must be bored. Guy, I root for Dirk and the rest of the Mavs just like everyone else around here. Just because I think Dirk has things he needs to work on like Defense in particular, doesn't mean I don't root for him.
Thinking he needs to work on defense is not the same as questioning his work ethic.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #88
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
you need to back down on this one...you said something stupid...there is no reason to defend it.

You questioned Dirk's "work ethic". Dirk isn't a lot of things, but one thing he is, is one of the hardest working players in this league. Jason Kidd (and just about any guy who has ever played with Dirk) says so.

Or would you like to say you were questioning it only in this particular game?

I don't understand. I AM questioning it in this preseason game and almost EVERY preseason game this year. I didn't say he wouldn't turn it up during the reg season did I? k
Old 10-20-2008, 12:39 PM   #89
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Thinking he needs to work on defense is not the same as questioning his work ethic.

Ok man. You would have had something stupid to say if I said anything about his D. It would have been "it's preseason he can turn it on".

Work ethic to me is working hard to improve especially the things that need to be improved. Why not go after it on D in preseason, play both ends of the floor in prep for reg season. The west is gonna be ultra tuff again and Defense is what is going to get us to the next level.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #90
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Ok man. You would have had something stupid to say if I said anything about his D. It would have been "it's preseason he can turn it on".

Work ethic to me is working hard to improve especially the things that need to be improved. Why not go after it on D in preseason, play both ends of the floor in prep for reg season. The west is gonna be ultra tuff again and Defense is what is going to get us to the next level.
Actually our defense was fine last season, but whatever.

Do you understand that preseason games are a drop in the bucket compared to all the other things this team has been doing to prepare for the season over the past month?

You have absolutely no idea what Dirk and everyone else has been working on behind the scenes.

And, btw, Dirk played that last game with regular season intensity. I was there and saw it for myself. You're barking up the wrong tree here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 10-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #91
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I AM questioning it in this preseason game and almost EVERY preseason game this year. I didn't say he wouldn't turn it up during the reg season did I? k
You didn't say he would either. Why would you expect a player of Dirk's caliber to put forth top effort during preseason? It makes no sense.

none of that has to do with work ethic in my mind...unless you have inside info that Dirk is blowing off practices and is not trying to learn Carlisle's system?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #92
SMC0007
Guru

Nothing I have said has anything to do with "in practice".

Our Defense was fine last season... Im talking about Dirks, this preseason. This is getting rediculous.

"Why would you expect a player of Dirk's caliber to put forth top effort during preseason?" Ohh, because KG is and does! I have watched their preseason games, I mean they just won a ring and they are going at it.

Jthig, I saw the game the same as you did against SAC. Barking up the wrong tree hahaa. And I will see it up close tomorrow because I have courtside seats. Dirk is great sorry I said anything. GO MAVS!!!

Last edited by SMC0007; 10-20-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #93
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

You know...I could show you articles from Boston fans talking about KG's biggest weakness being his inability to understand when to relax a little bit and not act like it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals. Most peole feel like his intensity has been holding him back because he's drained by the time playoffs start, and because he's so hyped up he twists himself in knots. There was a story during last year's playoffs about KG not sleeping for three days. But yeah, I really wish Dirk was as dedicated to his craft as KG.....

But whatever, it doesn't matter. I like that your responses have devolved into "haha". Dirk was just fine Saturday night. Enjoy your courtside seats.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 10-20-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #94
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Why would anyone shell out good money for courtside seats just to watch someone with a poor work ethic play basketball?

Old 10-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #95
SMC0007
Guru

Well I found some things funny. You jumped at my posts like I'm not a fan.

It's easier for me to roll with the thought that since KG and co, just won a ring that the way he is doing things is fine. It seems to have the rest of the team in the same mode and after winning it all no one over there is resting.

I will enjoy my seats esp since I got 2 for 76$. GO EBAY
Old 10-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #96
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...unless you have inside info that Dirk is blowing off practices and is not trying to learn Carlisle's system?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #97
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I think he was just saying he didn't see Dirk's work ethic in this game. And that he thought, in this game at least, Green was the best Mavs player out there. I could see how a case could be made that Green was the best player in Mavs uniform in that game, but then he went on the defensive about his stance and he was trying to defend a point he didn't originally make..... so his disagreement was with the article only.

Last edited by bernardos70; 10-20-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: You. You are my reason for everything!
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #98
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

green is putting up way better numbers than wright in my nba 2k9 season

just throwin that out there...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:27 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
green is putting up way better numbers than wright in my nba 2k9 season

just throwin that out there...
genius

Old 10-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #100
sike
The Preacha

Ladies and Gentlemen I have a groundbreaking, earth shattering NEWSFLASH!!!!!

"Dirk and KG are not the same."

Old 10-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #101
Underdog

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen I have a groundbreaking, earth shattering NEWSFLASH!!!!!

"Dirk and KG are not the same."
They look the same...

Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #102
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

wait so is KG Larry Bird?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #103
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
no you idiot! He is Robert Parish!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #104
fluid.forty.one

lol
Old 10-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #105
SMC0007
Guru

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ7dU...eature=related
Old 10-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #106
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Green was awesome in the game the other day. If he can keep that kind of play up we may have finally found that starting 2.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #107
fluid.forty.one

honestly, I doubt Green will be our starting 2 this year... but I hope I'm wrong. It'd be cool if Green turned into this years Bass.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #108
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno if the cat is out of the bag already, if you wanna say it hasn't then I would say Wright can be this year's Bass.

Both have issues with being consistent over a long period of time, but I think Wright has the inside track with that issue. If you have a revolving door with 2 up and coming guards for the SG position, that's a nice spot to be in though.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 10-20-2008 at 03:24 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #109
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
Green was awesome in the game the other day. If he can keep that kind of play up we may have finally found that starting 2.
With all young players, it's consistency, doing the same thing every night. He may not score 29, but is he getting his rhythm shots, is he playing within the context of the offense, Kidd by the 4th will know his hot players and will go to the well often...that's when you know you have a player.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #110
sike
The Preacha

Here's hoping that Green will be more than a flash in the pan!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #111
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

As simple as this sounds, Green needs to continue to be hungry. It takes the majority of high school kids a while to get acclimated to the NBA game. There aren't many LeBron James or Dwight Howards in this world who have an NBA body at the age of 18 who are also very mature beyond their years.

The great thing about Green is he has all the tools. He has gifts people can only dream of. We just have to hope that him being nearly out of the league was the kick in the pants the kid needed. I just really, really hope that the work ethic of guys like Dirk, Kidd, Bass and others on this team rubs off on him. He's saying all the right things which is fine, but it's now up to him to go out on the court and prove that he's ready to take that next step in his career from a prospect with insane tools, to legitimate NBA player.

I think he can do it.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #112
sike
The Preacha

I'm most interested to see what JKidd can do with him...if there has ever been a pg who rewarded athletic wings it was him.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #113
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, its more like Earl Boykins posting up Tim Duncan, with the and-1.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 PM   #114
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
No, its more like Earl Boykins posting up Tim Duncan, with the and-1.
That's pretty hard to imagine
Old 10-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #115
The Franchise
Banned

The Franchise is infamous around these partsThe Franchise is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Some nice inside poop on how hard Antoine Wright has been working.
HT to mavschamps at db.com

http://dallasbasketballdotcom.yuku.c...ster/1/?page=1
As much as I want to bash the Mavs I can't in this situation. I hope this kid (Green) finally figures it out..... even if it is in Dallas. Good luck to him. God that was hard.
The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:48 PM   #116
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so also, it will be a really nice move by the FO if he really pans out. It would be very,very interesting if JKidd was a big reason that he turns it on and becomes a valuable player. Sort of a side benefit of having him on the team.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.2b5466a.html

Quote:
Dallas Mavericks hope Green is figuring game out

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
esefko@dallasnews.com

If there is a player who has captured the fancy of fans and teammates alike in the Mavericks' preseason, it is Gerald Green.

The Mavericks firmly believe this is no tease. Green has energized everybody with his youthful exuberance. He's 22. He's got a ton of athleticism and maybe more savvy than his first three years in the league.

So where does Green stand in the big scheme of things?

"Is he definitely going to be in the rotation against Houston? I don't know," coach Rick Carlisle said. "Would I hesitate to use him? Absolutely not."

Green will probably be one of those players who provides a change of pace off the bench. If the Mavericks are sluggish, he can rev things up. If he comes in and lights up the scoreboard and doesn't make a slew of defensive mistakes, he'll play.

If he has mental lapses, he'll sit.

"Based on his preseason, he's certainly in the equation as a guy we got to consider for the rotation," Carlisle said. "But in the last game, you saw some of the things that have been his nemeses – over-dribbling a little bit, turnovers, a couple defensive mistakes. But he established over the first seven games some real consistency in those areas. So I don't look at those things as super-negatives."

One thing Green knows is that this is his best shot to become a genuine NBA player and not a novelty.

He's got one particular thing working in his favor: Jason Kidd.

"You can look at my old teams and the best guard I probably had was Rajon Rondo and I was very proud of him the way he developed," Green said. "But I haven't had a hall of famer.

"There's nobody like Jason Kidd. He sees what you're supposed to do before you do. He'll tell me, 'G, do this and trust me.' And then you do that, and it works."

Sometimes, being around one of the best passers and leaders of all time can help the light bulb go on for a young, talented player.

Briefly: The Mavericks took Sunday off. It may be their only rest day during the weeklong break between the last exhibition and the season opener Thursday against Houston at American Airlines Center.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 10-26-2008 at 07:50 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:23 AM   #117
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

What an awesome quote:

"There's nobody like Jason Kidd. He sees what you're supposed to do before you do. He'll tell me, 'G, do this and trust me.' And then you do that, and it works."
Old 10-27-2008, 12:27 AM   #118
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
What an awesome quote:

yeah... that just officially lit my mavs sports pants on fire
Old 10-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #119
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Why would anyone shell out good money for courtside seats just to watch someone with a poor work ethic play basketball?
Classic Ud post.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote