Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #81
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Cuss words are only edited of you're NOT a UT fan.

I will make this one point, before I let you "win." Had VY had to play offense against UT's defense, would he have put up 467 total yards? What if Reggie could have played against USC's defense?
Old 01-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #82
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
if you think bush is better than him you are a nut. Vince Young with a big fuck you to the heisman voters as well. Reggie bush, once in a generation my ass.
Bush had 13 carries, Young touched the ball on every play for Texas. To me, it seems like you havent seen many USC games over the last 3 years or you just hate Reggie Bush for some reason (getting the heisman over Vince), to be able to say all these negative things about him.
Reggie Bush and Vince Young are the best in colllege football in thier respective positions that we have seen in a while. You have to go back to Ricky Willams for Bush at Running back and Tommie Frazier for Vince Young as Dual-threat quarterbacks.
Both Vince and Bush project to be outstanding in the NFL (both seem to have some things to work on before that happens, though). IMO, neither is overrated or underrated.
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:19 AM   #83
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-06-2006, 01:46 AM   #84
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs413
Bush had 13 carries, Young touched the ball on every play for Texas. To me, it seems like you havent seen many USC games over the last 3 years or you just hate Reggie Bush for some reason (getting the heisman over Vince), to be able to say all these negative things about him.
Reggie Bush and Vince Young are the best in colllege football in thier respective positions that we have seen in a while. You have to go back to Ricky Willams for Bush at Running back and Tommie Frazier for Vince Young as Dual-threat quarterbacks.
Both Vince and Bush project to be outstanding in the NFL (both seem to have some things to work on before that happens, though). IMO, neither is overrated or underrated.
I agree that Reggie Bush is something special and deserves the recognition he's gotten but IMO Vince Young is even more special and even harder to come by. When was the last time we saw a qb that was 6'5 who could move around like a running back, throw with the best of them (in cfb he's done that), and have a special knack of brining his team back no matter what the situation? I'm thinking never. That’s without mentioning that he’s one hell of a leader while still being down to earth somehow.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:17 AM   #85
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Reggie Bush will be a good pro but I've heard him compared to Gayle Sayers, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton among others. If that's the standard then yes, he's overrated. We don't even know if he has the heart to be an every down back or if he can consistently run between the tackles. That's why I'd take Peterson over Bush without a second thought if they were in the same draft.

Another thing that annoys me about Bush is this "All Purpose Yards" title. SC has him taking back kicks despite the fact that he's, at best, an average returner. Those are easy yards. If the opposing kicker can't force a touch back then you get about 15 to 17 free yards a kick. In the Fresno State game (the one where he took the Hiesman from Vince) he rolled up 135 return yards because SC couldn't stop Fresno and everybody's ready to hand him the trophy because he had 500 yards. Vince Had 500 yard from scrimmage against OK State!

The fact that a player who passed for 3,000 yards and ran for 1,000 lost the Hiesman to a part time back is a travesty.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:29 AM   #86
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Old 01-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #87
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

In the words of Vince.....that's so beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #88
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

There has never been a player like vince before. Cunningham was closest but there has never been anyone like him. Bush is a very very poor mans barry sanders. I have thought he was overrated as hell since last year. How a running back with 2 100 yard games got 5th in the heisman voting is just beyond me. yes he is better than his stats and you can say that all you want but to some degree the stats have to be in the same general area. I am a UT fan so yes it pissed me off that a guy with about 1/2 of benson's rushing yards got to be a heisman finalist. You have to go back to last year to find a running back better than Bush. Peterson is better. Benson imo was better mainly because for the majority of the year UT(vince) couldnt throw and he still racked up the yards. I love to watch bush play. He is alot of fun to watch but he is also vastly overrated. My point the whole time has been that people mistake the excitement he brings to the game for all time greatness when they arent the same thing.

About the draft I dont think i would draft a running back whom I am scared to give the ball to more than 15 times a game. I feel sorry for whomever of the 3 ends up in NO because Im pretty sure that that is the one of the 3 who will end up looking the most like a bust. About my last post, I have no clue how it didnt get edited if Ocelot's did but since its been qouted no point in me editing it either.

To elaborate on my point earlier about no one like vince and others like bush. There have been a hell of a lot of people rush for 1700 yards. A couple of them this year. Vince young is the first person in the history of cfb to rush for 1000 and throw for 3000. Yet somehow the guy who accomplishes a feat we see every year, though granted with alot of flash and a great ypc average, ends up with the heisman. That is dumb.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #89
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I think I have figured out a way to sum up my arguments about Bush. I remembered an article i read several years ago about a young jason williams. He was called an "MTV" player. He made a few flashy plays that wound up on sportscenter but then at the end of the game you look at the box score and he hasnt done much. Reggie bush is an MTV player in my opinion though on a different level. He makes a couple of plays that make you say WOW he is one of the all time greats and then you look at his stats at the end of the game and they are average for an elite college rb. I hope this does a better job of conveying my message then i have apparently been able to do if you guys really think i hate Bush.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #90
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

The VY picture is priceless.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote