Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #81
Cabbage

Cabbage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Best win in three years.
30.03.2013 against Chicago was quite impressive comeback as well. Dirk with the game winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aSVqETWn80
Old 11-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #82
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
30.03.2013 against Chicago was quite impressive comeback as well. Dirk with the game winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aSVqETWn80
What makes the Houston game better is the context. Last March, we knew the team was mediocre at best. We were just rooting for .500. Right now, we can see a team that will likely make the playoffs, and might make some noise there. We may have felt this way last November when we had high hopes for Mayo and Collison. But by March, those hopes had been dashed.

Plus, this was a win against a team with 2 max contract players playing at a high level. Well, not Harden...Marion held him down pretty well.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:36 AM   #83
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Finally watching the second half tonight...and Ive always liked Hubie but I thought he was heavily biased in favor of Houston.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #84
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

My 2nd favorite part of that game was watching Harden and Howard bicker. Oh how I did my best Mr. Burns impersonation when I saw that.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG

Last edited by GhostFace; 11-22-2013 at 01:58 AM.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #85
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
My 2nd favorite part of that game was watching Harden and Howard bicker. Oh how I did my best Mr. Burns impersonation when I saw that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayO1wtXbh_Q
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #86
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Does make you wonder: if the guy can't get along with people in Orlando, can't get along with people in LA, and now can't get along with people in Houston.

Maybe he's just a douche.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #87
jasonic

jasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to alljasonic is a name known to all

Hi all!
I just uploaded Shane Larkin's highlights if someone wants to saw them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaIdQ...ature=youtu.be
jasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #88
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonic View Post
Hi all!
I just uploaded Shane Larkin's highlights if someone wants to saw them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaIdQ...ature=youtu.be
Thanks! I'm hoping it is not my shiney new penny. Finishing around the rim is going to be an issue but offensively his passes were timely and on target. That one to dirk on the baseline while cutting off the screen was jkiddoesqe. Nice
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 11-22-2013 at 10:18 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #89
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Thanks! I'm hoping it is not my shiney new penny. Finishing around the rim is going to be an issue but offensively his passes were timely and on target. That one to dirk on the baseline while cutting off the screen was jkiddoesqe. Nice
Speaking of.... Here's the exact same play against the Rockets a couple years ago with Kidd.

http://youtu.be/9o_kN5ncKl0?t=16s
Jproxursoxoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #90
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have to watch to see if Calderon runs that the same. It requires passing it before they get there. Really nice job by Shane.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #91
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Opened a beer and reading clutchfans

Harden is an idiot and worthless as franchise player. Rockets a contender with Harden and Dwight in crunctime? Hahahaha
Sorry for the bump, but after reading your statement from last November and comparing it now with the outcome of the postseason I'm incredibly amused

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #92
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

It was so freaking obvious that the Rockets would be exposed like crap in the playoffs...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #93
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

...yep, I still feel pretty trololol-ish about the Rockettes. Still there.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #94
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

And they retained McHale. Good times!
Now we need OKC ownership to cheap out and keep Scotty Brooks.
Unfortunately GS ditched Jackson... they were the trifecta of crappy western conference contender coaches.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #95
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I will say that fans of teams like Houston (and people in general) sure as hell can't talk smack about the Mavs anymore. Hell, if we beat SA in game 7, then I think we had a real shot at the finals...at least WCF. Portland is just dogging that series.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #96
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I will say that fans of teams like Houston (and people in general) sure as hell can't talk smack about the Mavs anymore. Hell, if we beat SA in game 7, then I think we had a real shot at the finals...at least WCF. Portland is just dogging that series.
Yeah, I'm starting to think the Mavs taking SA to Game 7 was the jolt the Spurs needed to get going in the playoffs - kinda like Portland was for us in 2011...

I also think it was damn good for us because free agents are sure to take notice.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #97
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, I'm starting to think the Mavs taking SA to Game 7 was the jolt the Spurs needed to get going in the playoffs - kinda like Portland was for us in 2011...

I also think it was damn good for us because free agents are sure to take notice.
Bingo.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote