Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-22-2004, 08:49 PM   #81
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Dallas @ Hawks GameDay Thread

I don't think it's the play that takes the energy out of a player on a back to back it's the fact you have to fly and play in the another city the next day. That's got to drain you somewhat.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2004, 08:51 PM   #82
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I don't think it's the play that takes the energy out of a player on a back to back it's the fact you have to play in another city the next day.
whatever it IS, all I've ever heard is that it is very draining

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:51 PM   #83
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future
Default RE: Dallas @ Hawks GameDay Thread

Only one assist by Terry? and 8 total? hmm
Old 12-22-2004, 08:52 PM   #84
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I don't think it's the play that takes the energy out of a player on a back to back it's the fact you have to play in another city the next day.
whatever it IS, all I've ever heard is that it is very draining

I'd imagine. I'd imagine that they have to sleep on the plane rather than playing every other day which i'm sure they sleep in a bed.

1996-2005
Old 12-22-2004, 08:52 PM   #85
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I just hate how Nellie has to "find a combination that works."

Which basically translates to:

I can't keep the same lineup and sub pattern for awhile because it would kill me if people knew who and where I was going to play players.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 08:53 PM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

not a good passing team...too much dribbling...but I think they can be, they are pretty unselfish

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-22-2004, 08:53 PM   #87
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
Only one assist by Terry? and 8 total? hmm
Blame the shooting on that.

1996-2005
Old 12-22-2004, 08:54 PM   #88
sike
The Preacha

Walker with 5 turnovers already

Old 12-22-2004, 08:55 PM   #89
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Take care of the ball Dirk!
Old 12-22-2004, 08:56 PM   #90
sike
The Preacha

Finley getting better with the left hand all the time...Ro Blackman says he practices lefty shots all the time in practice

Old 12-22-2004, 08:58 PM   #91
sike
The Preacha

17 turn overs for the Mavs...Nellie is going to go even craizer than he already is

Old 12-22-2004, 08:59 PM   #92
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

What happened there? 3 consecutive offensive fouls?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:00 PM   #93
Bayliss

Could the Mavs please put Dirk a little closer to the hoop when he has a smaller player on him? Getting him the ball at the 3 point line with a smaller player.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:02 PM   #94
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Nellie needs to tell Armstrong to only shoot layups.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:02 PM   #95
sike
The Preacha

can I dunk next please?

Old 12-22-2004, 09:03 PM   #96
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Nellie needs to tell Armstrong to only shoot layups.
as long as he's telling him that on the bench I'm happy

Old 12-22-2004, 09:04 PM   #97
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

wtf is this. come on mavs
Old 12-22-2004, 09:04 PM   #98
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

we are making that smith guy look like vince carter
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:05 PM   #99
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Is everyone enjoying the Hawk layup drill.. er, I mean dunk drill?
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:06 PM   #100
Bayliss

And why does Nellie play smallball against them?

Where is Bradley? When Damp's not on the floor... Bradley should be on the floor. Period.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:06 PM   #101
sike
The Preacha

Hawks shooting 53% so far....time for the D to step up.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:07 PM   #102
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Because he's Nellie and he has to scratch his "small ball" itch

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bayliss
And why does Nellie play smallball against them?

Where is Bradley? When Damp's not on the floor... Bradley should be on the floor. Period.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:08 PM   #103
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Take the damn shot dirk instead of worrying so damn much about drawing the damn foul.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:09 PM   #104
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Henderson, do you think you could join the rest of the team on the glass? If Dirk's contesting the shot, you've got to be there on the d'glass.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:09 PM   #105
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: StrikerV
we are making that smith guy look like vince carter

That's his doing. Smith is a player he just has to find his shot.

1996-2005
Old 12-22-2004, 09:10 PM   #106
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Is everyone enjoying the Hawk layup drill.. er, I mean dunk drill?
guess you've been waiting to say this all season...and now in 26th game you can.

What is the deal with Finley tonight? 4pts???

Old 12-22-2004, 09:12 PM   #107
sike
The Preacha

Walker is reminding us all what he can do when winning does not really matter.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:12 PM   #108
Murphy3
Guru

Who in the Hell is going to get on the defensive glass? If the center is contesting the shot, Henderson, you've got to get on the damn glass.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:12 PM   #109
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

It's time to end this. Here comes a quick Maverick run.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:13 PM   #110
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

where is our offense [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:13 PM   #111
sike
The Preacha

bull crap

Old 12-22-2004, 09:14 PM   #112
Murphy3
Guru

Great job handling the ball Daniels.

Mavs in trouble..who do they go to?.

Nice job drawing the foul Daniels.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:14 PM   #113
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Marquis is not a point guard, Nellie.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:14 PM   #114
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

What is the deal with Finley tonight? 4pts???
good question

Old 12-22-2004, 09:14 PM   #115
madape
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Walker is reminding us all what he can do when winning does not really matter.
Doesn't matter?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:15 PM   #116
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
Marquis is not a point guard, Nellie.
It's easy to see why Marquis will never be a PG. What's next? Will the Mavs try and make Fin into a point?
Old 12-22-2004, 09:15 PM   #117
NoHeartIncluded

NoHeartIncluded is on a distinguished road

ITS TIME FOR THE PRIMAL SCREAM THREAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Jimmy Valvano
NoHeartIncluded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 09:15 PM   #118
Bayliss

It isn't the players tonight.

The coach puts them behind the 8 ball by f'n with the rotation including not using a center or a f'n point guard.

Against the worst team in the league.

Someone defend Nelson. Quick!
Old 12-22-2004, 09:15 PM   #119
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Why are we running the zone with Dirk in the middle?

1996-2005
Old 12-22-2004, 09:16 PM   #120
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Finley out there? He's not shooting and doesn't look to be doing much else according to the stats.