Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-05-2003, 10:23 PM   #81
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road
Default Quincy Carter Fan Club

Quote:
Originally posted by: QCarFan
come on MFFL, you cant still be upset about the whole aikman thing can you bro? my apoligies my good man. you win some, you lose some.
He never lost an arguement to you. Why do you make statements that have no validity everytime you post?
Old 10-05-2003, 10:26 PM   #82
Fah Q
Golden Member

I'm glad Quincy is doing well for the cowboys but I can't be a fan of his because I don't want to be mixed into a group with an ignorant poster.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:29 PM   #83
QCarFan
Golden Member

QCarFan can only hope to improve
Default RE: Quincy Carter Fan Club

what are you doing, auditioning? Quincy Carter is honestly doing all the talking for me, no need for me to say much at all, his play speaks volumes.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:33 PM   #84
Fah Q
Golden Member

Quote:
what are you doing, auditioning? Quincy Carter is honestly doing all the talking for me, no need for me to say much at all, his play speaks volumes.
Are you talking to me?
If so what the hell are you talking about?
Auditioning?
And I did say I was glad he is doing well.

Stupid people hurt my brain
Old 10-05-2003, 10:39 PM   #85
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Then you need not post again.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:43 PM   #86
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Quote:
But that wouldn't fit her agenda LRB. We all know Qtardfan's only purpose is to stir up sh*t, ignore facts and reason, inject stupidity and confusion and clutter up every thread. Not responding doesn't fit this yackoffs purpose of being.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 10:43 PM   #87
QCarFan
Golden Member

Quote:
Quote:
and not be around to hear the excuses every time Quincy does something good? I think not, I have got much enjoyment out of posting here for the simple fact that Quincy is making me look like a genius here.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:44 PM   #88
QCarFan
Golden Member

and making some of you, well no need to go there now is it?
Old 10-05-2003, 10:46 PM   #89
Drbio
Banned

Rocket Scientists couldn't make you look like a genius. if you really feel that way you are more ignorant than we all thought. Geez....you would have to obtain 1000 IQ Points just to be retarded.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:02 PM   #90
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
and not be around to hear the excuses every time Quincy does something good? I think not, I have got much enjoyment out of posting here for the simple fact that Quincy is making me look like a genius here.
Well "genius", you don't have to post to read posts of other memebers. Quincy may be doing well, better than expected, as quarterback so far this year; but he's a miserable excuse of making you look Nobel Prize worthy.

Old 10-06-2003, 02:04 AM   #91
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

I regret that my thread has become a mult-level ad homenim attack on QCarfan. Could we all try to get along? Please?

BTW, Quincy was pretty damn good today, a good running game is a QB's best friend. Sounds familiar... I seem to recall a couple of guys named Staubach and Aikman who also relied on better than average running games.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:06 AM   #92
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
I regret that my thread has become a mult-level ad homenim attack on QCarfan. Could we all try to get along? Please?

BTW, Quincy was pretty damn good today, a good running game is a QB's best friend. Sounds familiar... I seem to recall a couple of guys named Staubach and Aikman who also relied on better than average running games.
Yeah, he looks great when he plays the trash of the NFL. The Giants win was a good win, I think. We will know what we have in the weeks coming.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:58 PM   #93
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quincy was named Player of the Week by well respected NFL writer Peter King. Just trying to restore the positivity to the thread.

[/quote]Offensive Player of the Week

Dallas quarterback Quincy Carter. What a pretty deep ball he throws. I gain more respect for Carter every time I see him play or catch his highlights. Even yesterday, when Bill Parcells blistered the QB on the sidelines after he made an errant throw (It looked like Parcells screamed, "What the bleep were you thinking!"), the kid bounced back and made big plays. In the 24-7 win over Arizona, Carter was 20 of 31 for 277 yards, with two touchdowns and one pick.[/quote]

Old 10-06-2003, 01:11 PM   #94
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

it's difficult to understand what has happened to the real Quincy. He's never shown the ability to be an accurate passer even with time. He'd also never shown the ability to even throw a damn spiral. In previous years, he'd looked horrible throwing the ball on the move. He's improved so drastically in all of these areas SO FAR this year. I hope it continues. For the most part, he's making intelligent decisions as well.

Damn, ..this is the same guy that had lost his starting job at Georgia (which is a big reason why he declared for the draft)
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:27 PM   #95
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping sophmore year Quincy was the real Quincy.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:28 PM   #96
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

I predicted Offensive player of the week for QCAR, see prediction in Cowboys v. Cardinals thread [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quincy!! You'r my BOY!
Old 10-06-2003, 11:09 PM   #97
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

murph, I think Bill Parcells is what happened to Quincy. I think Quincy is really benefitting from Parcells' coaching. It is helping that he has an offense somewhat tailored to his strengths. Let's hope Quincy can continue to show improvement.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:16 PM   #98
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think Parcells taught carter how to throw a spiral or how to throw the ball on the run...or even taught him how to put the ball on the money right on stride
Old 10-06-2003, 11:24 PM   #99
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
i don't think Parcells taught carter how to throw a spiral or how to throw the ball on the run...or even taught him how to put the ball on the money right on stride

That's not what Quincy need to be taught. Parcells taught him to keep his head out of his ass and in the game. Quincy's big improvement is in decision making.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:39 PM   #100
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Ok....I think that it's time to stop this war and all the BS....Doc, both you and Qcarfan, have posted AT EACH other over and over and nothing's being accomplished. Both of you have said your peace...and I don't think that the name calling serves any purpose at all. So I'm calling on both of you to stand down.

Every member here knows the arguments that both of you have made and are intelligent enough to decide for themselves who makes more sense. And a lot of members have weighed in on one side or another...there's been a lot of participation. I'm asking that "cooler heads" prevail before either or both of you get banned.

This post isn't about Quincy...obviously, I've already stated my own position....this post is just to say...let's stop it. Nothing...and I mean nothing is being accomplished by this continued name calling....it's just gone way too far. And if no one else will say that...I will.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:18 AM   #101
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: OutletPass
Ok....I think that it's time to stop this war and all the BS....Doc, both you and Qcarfan, have posted AT EACH other over and over and nothing's being accomplished. Both of you have said your peace...and I don't think that the name calling serves any purpose at all. So I'm calling on both of you to stand down.

Every member here knows the arguments that both of you have made and are intelligent enough to decide for themselves who makes more sense. And a lot of members have weighed in on one side or another...there's been a lot of participation. I'm asking that "cooler heads" prevail before either or both of you get banned.

This post isn't about Quincy...obviously, I've already stated my own position....this post is just to say...let's stop it. Nothing...and I mean nothing is being accomplished by this continued name calling....it's just gone way too far. And if no one else will say that...I will.

I didn't have the balls to say it.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:35 AM   #102
QCarFan
Golden Member

Please tell me where I have called anyone on this board a name, please do. I have no need to, everyone here knows where I stand and it's right behind Quincy Carter. His play has spoked for me quite honestly, no need to get into a shouting match with anyone. I aint mad at one person because I was wrong about something, I have been wrong before but I suck it up and take it like a man. Kind of like I did after week 1, I still stuck behind the guy and took the thrashing on this board. I am still here now, and now that Quincy is playing better proving some of his doubters wrong the thrashing grew more for some reason. Sure I make it pretty clear I am a fan of the guy but that's no reason to bash a guy, just because he is a fan of a particular player especially a local product. People don't bash others for having Dirks name or Fins name in their username, so why me? The thing is, I can take it all and still not insult someone, it's really not in my nature. On the other hand, I have seen a few people on this board basically pick on others for the simple fact that they are new, their post totals aren't at a particular place, or they root for a particular player and that is not right. However you look at it, it's not right. I wont name names, but those people who do that to others know exactly who they are. I have recieved numerous PMs telling me that's how it is around here or rules only apply to some people. They tell me thier is a group who feel they are invisible so to speak, and I see what they mean. I am not knocking the board or anyone else because I like it here, it seems to be a pretty good board for the most part. And the bottomline is, I am here to talk about football and basketball from time to time. You will never have to worry about me insulting anyone, because I don't do that to anyone, because I wouldn't like it done to me. I will just keep watching Quincy do his thing, and be happy that he is playing well right now. If he plays well, I will let it be known I think he played well and if he plays bad I will say that too. I am a straight forward type of guy, I will not beat around the bush or be a homer or anything. Like someone said, if Quincy wasn't playing so well right now I wouldn't have to take any of this. But if Quincy continues to play the way he is, I will take all of this and more. Way to go Quincy Carter, keep it up bro. Prove the doubters wrong, and show them what you can really do!

Old 10-07-2003, 08:29 AM   #103
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Please tell me where I have called anyone on this board a name, please do. I have no need to, everyone here knows where I stand and it's right behind Quincy Carter. His play has spoked for me quite honestly, no need to get into a shouting match with anyone. I aint mad at one person because I was wrong about something, I have been wrong before but I suck it up and take it like a man. Kind of like I did after week 1, I still stuck behind the guy and took the thrashing on this board. I am still here now, and now that Quincy is playing better proving some of his doubters wrong the thrashing grew more for some reason. Sure I make it pretty clear I am a fan of the guy but that's no reason to bash a guy, just because he is a fan of a particular player especially a local product. People don't bash others for having Dirks name or Fins name in their username, so why me? The thing is, I can take it all and still not insult someone, it's really not in my nature. On the other hand, I have seen a few people on this board basically pick on others for the simple fact that they are new, their post totals aren't at a particular place, or they root for a particular player and that is not right. However you look at it, it's not right. I wont name names, but those people who do that to others know exactly who they are. I have recieved numerous PMs telling me that's how it is around here or rules only apply to some people. They tell me thier is a group who feel they are invisible so to speak, and I see what they mean. I am not knocking the board or anyone else because I like it here, it seems to be a pretty good board for the most part. And the bottomline is, I am here to talk about football and basketball from time to time. You will never have to worry about me insulting anyone, because I don't do that to anyone, because I wouldn't like it done to me. I will just keep watching Quincy do his thing, and be happy that he is playing well right now. If he plays well, I will let it be known I think he played well and if he plays bad I will say that too. I am a straight forward type of guy, I will not beat around the bush or be a homer or anything. Like someone said, if Quincy wasn't playing so well right now I wouldn't have to take any of this. But if Quincy continues to play the way he is, I will take all of this and more. Way to go Quincy Carter, keep it up bro. Prove the doubters wrong, and show them what you can really do!
Try this post on for size:

Quote:
whatever you say Drbio, I see why you aren't respected by many around here all you do is try and insult people when you look bad. Hell, I didnt make you look bad QUINCY CARTER did, blame him. Oh wait, that's what you are doing but you are taking it out on me. Wow, I just figured it out.

You love Quincy Carter, great. You think he's the best quarter back ever, great. You want to give him a virtual blow job, great. But at least admit that you attack anyone who speaks ill of you hero. And you and Doc have engaged in a war of words. And it sure as hell hasn't been on just one side.

Hell, I'm the 1st to admit that I'm very pleasantly surprised by Quincy's performance so far this year. Since you're such a big fan of his, why don't you leave the insults off, and concentrate on supporting your boy. You can site facts, stats, recount plays, etc. to prove your point.

Oh and you want respect. Well # of post don't earn it. What earns it is being able to respond to post with more that insults. If someone disagrees with you prove them wrong with facts. Contribute to the board with meaningful posts. Everyone on this board with more than a handful of posts has gotten upset at someone at least once. Most if not all have responded with posts that are primarily insults. But the better posters contribute far more meaningful posts than ones just wasted on insults.

You come on the board and seek to incite controversey. You try to make people mad. You work hard to get under people's skin. Yet you bring little of real value in your posts.

So I'll say again, if you want respect, then earn it. We don't give it away for free around here.

Old 10-07-2003, 10:05 AM   #104
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

this thread has regressed into a big pile of nothing. if we want to continue the silly name calling i may be forced to use the edit button on all of your posts at my own discretion.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:49 AM   #105
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: aexchange
this thread has regressed into a big pile of nothing. if we want to continue the silly name calling i may be forced to use the edit button on all of your posts at my own discretion.
Maybe had this been done when this guy showed up for the obvious purpose of not contributing things would be different around here.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:55 AM   #106
Murphy3
Guru

LRB, i hate to disagree, BUT...Carter's not only making smarter decisions, but he's throwing the ball much better than he ever has. It's inexplicable.

sure, parcells and the staff deserve alot of credit for certain areas of his improvement... but he's consistently putting the ball on the money (well, much more consistently, at least).. he's all of a sudden throwing the ball well on the run AND he's actually throwing a spiral
Old 10-07-2003, 12:01 PM   #107
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
LRB, i hate to disagree, BUT...Carter's not only making smarter decisions, but he's throwing the ball much better than he ever has. It's inexplicable.

sure, parcells and the staff deserve alot of credit for certain areas of his improvement... but he's consistently putting the ball on the money (well, much more consistently, at least).. he's all of a sudden throwing the ball well on the run AND he's actually throwing a spiral
I'm impressed with the spirals myself. I look back at the Tampa game and last season and he has come a long, long way.

1996-2005
Old 10-07-2003, 12:28 PM   #108
LRB
Guru

Quote:

Yeah, but I think that is more a result of having his head in the right place. More of a mental thing than a physical one. Still Quincy's improving and that's the important thing.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:36 PM   #109
Murphy3
Guru

if his throwing issues were all mental, then the credit probably needs to go with payton and carter
Old 10-07-2003, 01:08 PM   #110
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

thought i'd add to this. a quote from espn page 2's TMQ:

Quote:
The Football Gods Have Promised An Investigation: You may find this hard to believe -- TMQ certainly does -- but the Dallas Cowboys have the No. 1 offense in the NFL.

Dallas offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon has installed what looks like a college offense: lots of roll-outs and bootlegs, receivers dragging back across the action, basic one-man routes for deep routes. Carthon has designed the passing plays so that the formerly-erratic quarterback Quincy Carter has a simple three-step progression. Carter looks at his primary receiver, who usually is directly in front of him on the roll-out; if the primary receiver isn't open he looks at his secondary receiver; if the secondary receiver isn't open, Carter takes off running.

There's no standing there scanning the field, looking for a mistake to make: On every play, Carter knows where he is supposed to look and goes through the same three-step progression. This is the way college quarterbacks are coached, and Carter is responding well to it. Why don't other NFL teams try the approach?

Meanwhile, the Dallas offensive line, which had a terrible season run-blocking last year -- 16 percent of runs lost yardage, worst in the league -- is blocking well. TMQ would like to know what kind of vitamins they are taking.

Note to NFL coaches: Time to stop considering Dallas the automatic win on the schedule.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:02 PM   #111
QCarFan
Golden Member

I am done with this thread, and have said what I have to say. I think more than a few understands and agrees with exactly what I said. Edit my post, I can garauntee you that no insults will be edit-ed out in mine but hey whatever.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:07 PM   #112
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

I'm just amazed that this is the same roster we had last season and we are getting all of this praise from the media. Appreciate the article BBL.

1996-2005
Old 10-07-2003, 04:13 PM   #113
Murphy3
Guru

a big difference is a relatively healthy allen... plus, adams is playing much better this season.

an improved offensive line can help to cure alot of offensive problems. Plus, glenn was a huge pickup...
Old 10-07-2003, 04:19 PM   #114
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Anyone heard about Quincy going home to shower and comes right back to watch the game footage? I don't know how good of a qb he will be but he has the work ethic of a pro bowler.

1996-2005
Old 10-07-2003, 04:21 PM   #115
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

Quote:
a big difference is a relatively healthy allen... plus, adams is playing much better this season.

an improved offensive line can help to cure alot of offensive problems. Plus, glenn was a huge pickup...
I think you blame Bill for Flozell and Larry playing well. If Campo or any coach in the league is here for that matter these guys would be sitting on there asses. Larry worried me a bit this offseason.

1996-2005
Old 10-07-2003, 04:28 PM   #116
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Anyone heard about Quincy going home to shower and comes right back to watch the game footage? I don't know how good of a qb he will be but he has the work ethic of a pro bowler.

Why go home to shower? Why can't he shower there?
Old 10-08-2003, 01:17 AM   #117
dallas_esq
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Do pro bowlers work hard?

He should look at game film, he has only worked about 6 hours that day, he can put in a few more, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BTW, I am a big fan of this Quincy Carter guy...