Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #81
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts
Default RE:Mavs @ Suns Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: ames7
What happened to all the rebounding?
what happened to over the back? these refs suck.

wow, glad we run the last play of the qtr. thru harris, AJ sure is on top of things.
DeusDeOmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #82
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible defense. There is no cohesivness on offense.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #83
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Crippler
i don't think devin has "it"
Harris is overrated. On three consecutive defensive series I saw him standing and watching the ball in flight. On that second to the last basket by Phoenix the guy walked right past him for the rebound and bucket.

Hey Devin....you aren't a damn rookie anymore. Hustle.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:28 PM   #84
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: Mavs @ Suns Gameday Thread

I like Devin offensively in spurts but his defense sucks.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #85
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I never used to like Van Horn, but man, he has seriously grown on me.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:30 PM   #86
Drbio
Banned

KVB is playing well. Very aggressive.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:35 PM   #87
Drbio
Banned

Have to finish those 2-4 footers. That drives me more crazy than anything else. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 11:35 PM   #88
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

man, make a freakin shot
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:36 PM   #89
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

What's the deal here?

Things are gonig okay, I guess. It was a little embarrassing to see the way we ended the first quarter, but all things considered, we're doing alright. I hope no one was expecting a blowout! Because I don't think it is going to happen.

Diop looks very good, in a certain way. That offensive rebound was strong. It was nice to Josh hit the three. Dirk looks exactly like he looked six months ago against this team, though.

Nice to see KVMFH with the defense earlier. Some good things, some good things. But I'm starting to feel like our offense goes only two deep. What do we do if Terry and Dirk aren't on fire?

On another note, this is a low-scoring game for these two teams. Or.....is it?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:37 PM   #90
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

can someone take the lid off of the basket please?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:39 PM   #91
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

WTF, let's challenge Nash on defense!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:40 PM   #92
Drbio
Banned

I like what I am seeing out of Pork Chop Diop. Nice looking kid and he has obviously worked very hard this offseason to get into great shape.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:41 PM   #93
Drbio
Banned

Someone should put Steve Cash on his heiny.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:43 PM   #94
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Geeze... it looks like one on one play again.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:43 PM   #95
Drbio
Banned

Way to go Chrissy. You could have grabbed it but you thought yo uwould be cute and push it right to the Suns for a layup.

What? No hand signal to the alpha female?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:43 PM   #96
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

The media is doing the thing again where they put on such a lovefest for a player, I start to turn against him. Goodness, I like Nash too, but come on, people.

The defense looks exactly the same. I know it's the first half of the first game, but it would be nice to see a glimpse of improvement.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:45 PM   #97
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

This looks exactly like the performance we had against the Suns in the postseason. I mean its damn near identical. Damp gets some of the most dumbest fouls known to mankind. Sometimes I think refs just have it in for him. No way can he get fouls like he does without even contesting anything. He gets fouls for just standing.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:45 PM   #98
Phil Helmuth

Phil Helmuth is on a distinguished road

why in gods name did terry dive on the floor and knock the ball to the Suns rather than just picking it up? Stupid stupid play.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:46 PM   #99
Drbio
Banned

Dirk + JET and pray for rain.

Let's see how many of you kiddies understand that one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Good job Devin.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:47 PM   #100
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Phil Helmuth
why in gods name did terry dive on the floor and knock the ball to the Suns rather than just picking it up? Stupid stupid play.
Because that was Christie?
Old 11-01-2005, 11:48 PM   #101
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

nice d, devin.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 11-01-2005, 11:49 PM   #102
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all

Avery better show us some quality adjustments against Nash, cuz this Nash dominance is "deja vu all over again!"
Old 11-01-2005, 11:50 PM   #103
Drbio
Banned

I see no team identity yet. It will come but I see little progress so far.

Down by 9 already and feeling like game 8 of the WCF. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 11:52 PM   #104
The Crippler
Diamond Member

when did Dirk turn into a little girl? that's how he is playing.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:52 PM   #105
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Here's why Dirk isn't the MVP, and may never be. Because in games like this, he gets the ball isolated on the wing, and he can't do anything with it. Shawn Marion flat-out takes the ball away from him. No dribble, no nothing. He just takes it away. That doesn't happen to MVP's.

But a steal can just happen. What is bothersome here is that every time Dirk gets the ball in that spot, he doesn't appear to know what to do with it. Well guess what? Maybe Dirk just isn't a one-on-one player. Maybe he NEEDS someone to deliver him the ball in just the right spot. Maybe shooting spot-up jumpers IS his game.

Ugh. So far, no better, when it comes to Dirk. Our offense looks horrible. I almost want to say that it would be better without Dirk. Because at least then we wouldn't think that we absolutely had to run everything through Dirk.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:54 PM   #106
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts

What a f'ing joke. Bell doesn't miss, all our shots roll out, absolute BS call after BS call.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:54 PM   #107
Windmill360
Diamond Member

If only they were on the same team.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:55 PM   #108
Drbio
Banned

Cold blooded shot by Dirk after w pretty amazing play by Nash.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:56 PM   #109
chumdawg
Guru

Good thing Dirk hit that three. How would we have liked a 40-point half against the worst defensive team in the league???
Old 11-01-2005, 11:56 PM   #110
ames7
Diamond Member

It doesn't even feel like we're shooting 40%. And it definitely doesn't feel like we're only being outrebounded by 6. They better get it together at the half.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:57 PM   #111
The Crippler
Diamond Member

dirk has to be spoon fed in order to score. that's just the way it is. If he is going to be sucessful, he needs a drive and dish pg. Isolating him doesn't work.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:58 PM   #112
Drbio
Banned

Oh what could have been but for another couple of million.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:59 PM   #113
Windmill360
Diamond Member

You heard it straight from the mouth folks. The Mavs WILL make the playoffs..
Old 11-02-2005, 12:00 AM   #114
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Dirk's playing like a trick right now. This is ridiculous. He's just playing soft as hell right now as if he doesn't want to be out there. Its the first game of the season. He should be hyped and ready to play. He's playing like something is owed to him or something. I guarantee he will not play like this next half. AJ's chewing that ass out right now as I type.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:00 AM   #115
The Crippler
Diamond Member

yep. and with the contracts being signed this week, that couple of mill doesn't look too bad now...
Old 11-02-2005, 12:01 AM   #116
DeusDeOmini
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: The Crippler
dirk has to be spoon fed in order to score. that's just the way it is. If he is going to be sucessful, he needs a drive and dish pg. Isolating him doesn't work.
Don't be ignorant. Mabye the fact that everytime he's touching it he gets doubled has played a part?
Old 11-02-2005, 12:04 AM   #117
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

Barkley said it right, time for someone to put nash on the floor a few times.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 12:04 AM   #118
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Good thing Dirk hit that three. How would we have liked a 40-point half against the worst defensive team in the league???
don't judge the suns defensively on last year, they are much improved in that area.

mavs look very bad.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:05 AM   #119
Drbio
Banned

I think Deus is drinking contaminated water again. It's affected his ability to <observe> the game.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:06 AM   #120
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Why does Dirk start his post-up 20 ft from the basket?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote