Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #81
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

"Mahinmi's eight free throws in this game match how many Haywood has made all season."

Wow.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #82
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Mahinmi's eight free throws in this game match how many Haywood has made all season."
It is hard to make free throws when you are a corpse.

Dirk's rebounding is an issue. Part of it is what Hawaii Five-O said. Part of it is with all the ankle sprains Dirk doesn't have the lift anymore. He can still dunk in open space. But he isn't quick off the ground like he used to be. And that extra second, and that extra couple of inches (right Sike? ) really does make a difference. I saw a defender tip the ball out of Dirk's hands twice tonight. In years past, Dirk easily secures that rebound.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #83
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I think he's at the point to where his rebounding is going to be based on need. If he and the Mavs can get by with him exerting less effort on the glass, then that's probably what will occur. Much of that has to do with who's around him.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #84
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

Wow.
It sure is a blessing that chandler arrived. Can you imagine the hack-a-wood that would be going on if haywood was asked to play in tight games. 25%....what a whip... You can be sure the rest of the team knows that if they throw it down to wood, it's as good as a turnover.

The other team is crazy not to pummell him as soon as he gets the ball.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #85
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Ajinca pointed out that the third member of Dallas' French Connection, injured guard Rodrigue Beaubois, scored 40 points against the Warriors last season.

"I guess French guys don't like Golden State," Ajinca said, laughing.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #86
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavspwnage View Post
I don't like looking at rebounds per game. Instead, it is better to look at PERCENTAGE of total rebounds collected.
I tend to agree with this. Its not about how many rebounds...but how many of the available rebounds you there were to be had that you grabbed.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #87
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

This is our 8th double-digit winning streak since 00-01, tied with the Spurs for most in the league (the Suns and Pistons are a distant second at 5 each...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-08-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #88
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Honestly, I think he's at the point to where his rebounding is going to be based on need. If he and the Mavs can get by with him exerting less effort on the glass, then that's probably what will occur. Much of that has to do with who's around him.
There are probably several factors that go into it:

past injuries, lack of desire, not as much need for it when you play along side Marion, Chanwood, etc....

But I agree with Murph, let the playoffs roll around and he'll be back to his 9-11 per.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 12-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #89
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
This is our 8th double-digit winning streak since 00-01, tied with the Spurs for most in the league (the Suns and Pistons are a distant second at 5 each...)
good note +rep

Old 12-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #90
sike
The Preacha

I'm glad to see someone pointing this out. Caron has been MUCH better the past week at adding a solid contribution...averaging over 16per and shooting over 50% Very encouraging. I hope he can keep pushing that trade value higher until the deadline (and help us keep winning in the meantime).

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Quite pleased with Caron's contributions tonight. Not a perfect game by any stretch, but the energy was there, the execution (on both ends of the court) was solid, and most importantly he seemed to be making quick decisions with the ball. The team really needs that from him.

Last edited by sike; 12-08-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #91
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Rhylan mentioned this on Monday and we're noticing it a LOT more now...

Does anyone else notice Jet is running out/leaking out a lot more lately and it's triggering an easy fast break opportunity? It happened at least 2-3 times tonight successfully, maybe even another instance or two where it really didn't get a chance to work.
I might be in the minority, but I haven't been impressed with Jet's defense. It's the same old thing. Run around and play free safety, every now and then get lucky and get a steal. Not even in the same zip code as the man he's supposed to be guarding most of the time. And I know you don't play a man when playing zone. But even in zone he just seems to wander and do his own thing.

The snow birding is just an extension of this. To heck with trying for a rebound or boxing an opponent out, just take off for our goal. My question is, is it due to the quality of the team we are playing? Or is this a trend that is only going to get worse?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #92
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Dirk's rebounding hasn't been the same since midway during last year campaign. I want to say it was against the Grizzlies but I'm not sure (it was before the elbow injury) but he came down hard on his hip/lower back area after he was fouled.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #93
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
good note
Our 8th double-digit game winning streak in the last decade is made even more impressive when you consider that it's our 9th in franchise history...

Last edited by Underdog; 12-08-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #94
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Our 8th double-digit game winning streak in the last decade is made even more impressive when you consider that it's our 9th in franchise history...
I can't rep you anymore right now..so stop showing off!

Its hard to believe that 80s team didn't rip of a few. wow.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #95
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

in the pistons game a couple weeks ago dirk had 12 rebounds, so it's not like he's not capable of rebounding.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #96
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
I might be in the minority, but I haven't been impressed with Jet's defense. It's the same old thing. Run around and play free safety, every now and then get lucky and get a steal. Not even in the same zip code as the man he's supposed to be guarding most of the time. And I know you don't play a man when playing zone. But even in zone he just seems to wander and do his own thing.
That's exactly what our zone was intended to do - with Chandler holding down the middle, JET has a lot more freedom to take risks around the perimeter. It not only masks Terry's limitations as a defender, but also takes advantage of his strengths, hence the high amount of steals and fast breaks...

I'm sure it will eventually come around to bite us in the butt during certain match-ups, but it hasn't so far (and hopefully Roddy will come back before it does...)

Last edited by Underdog; 12-08-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #97
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
(and hopefully Roddy will come back before it does...)

Old 12-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #98
Funkman

But UD, he was doing it before we went to a zone this year. Last year he was doing it.
So did we go to this zone because he was never going to change and we had to survive him somehow?

Plus could you please tell me what his defensive strengths are? Besides not being as big a liability as Barea (not by much), I can't come up with one.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #99
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
But UD, he was doing it before we went to a zone this year. Last year he was doing it.
So did we go to this zone because he was never going to change and we had to survive him somehow?

Plus could you please tell me what his defensive strengths are? Besides not being as big a liability as Barea (not by much), I can't come up with one.
He's always been decent at stealing the ball - as long as somebody like Tyson Chandler is holding down the center, JET can take those risks because he's not giving his man a clear path to the basket when he misses.

Sure he played like that before we switched to zone, but now it's not killing us.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-08-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #100
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I wanna see at least 10 such games from Ian before i jump on the bandwagon and declare Haywood useless.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #101
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I wanna see at least 10 such games from Ian before i jump on the bandwagon and declare Haywood useless.
You're not going to see 10 more games from Mahinmi as long as Chandwood is healthy... But Carlisle sees enough in practice to know who is and isn't worth their salt, so if Haywood gets shipped, it's because he knows Ian can handle the responsibility - we probably won't see it coming...

Old 12-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #102
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
That's a good point. It's certainly possible that Dirk isn't the rebounder he used to be at 32. That said, I've always been under the impression that he can increase his intensity and effort based on how much it's actually needed. His playoff stats (almost 11 RPG compared to 8.5 RPG during the regular season) actually support your observation.

As long as it doesn't hurt us in a way that we lose games because of poor rebounding on Dirk's behalf, I'm perfectly fine with him using less energy for rebounding and using it on the offensive end instead.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #103
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, he's needed so much more for what he provides offensively. He is getting older and something has to take a bit of a back seat. With Chandler and Marion helping out on the glass, I think Dirk sees an opportunity to base his rebounding upon need instead of busting his butt on every single play. Yeah, that does sound like he's loafing it..but, he's been in the league a long time. If he wants to have anything left for the post season, he's gotta do what he's gotta do. If the wins are coming with the decreased boards, then so be it. Save a little for the post season.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #104
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's been a pretty good decade.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #105
Murphy3
Guru

Don't get me wrong... 2 rebounds isn't good enough. I'm more or less talking about what I see from the guy over the past year.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #106
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to disagree about jet's defense. I think it is significantly better, in fact I think most of the non-defensive-type players are stepping up that way.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #107
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I have to disagree about jet's defense. I think it is significantly better, in fact I think most of the non-defensive-type players are stepping up that way.
It certainly does seem like the entire squad has bought into Carlisle's defense-first mentality - I don't see a lack of effort from anyone on that end of the court, regardless of their actual abilities as a defender...

Even Barea's defense has improved (it's not good, but it's better...)

Last edited by Underdog; 12-08-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #108
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I definitely see defensive effort from JT...he isn't great (or even good) at keeping a man in front of him, but with solid Centers behind him his ability to play the passing lane has increased value compared to past seasons.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #109
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I love dirk obviously he is playing the best on the offensive end and he is playing as good as ever at the defensive end, though he will always struggle at being a rim defender which is why we have TC. But with rebounding for Dirk i think its a lack of effort there were about 3 easy boards he missed because it looked like he was stuck in the ground and barely reached with his hands

Last edited by mavs777; 12-08-2010 at 01:22 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #110
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I definitely see defensive effort from JT...he isn't great (or even good) at keeping a man in front of him, but with solid Centers behind him his ability to play the passing lane has increased value compared to past seasons.
I think this is the right read on JET's improved defensive play this year. The additional mobility at the center spot this year is both masking his deficiencies (which are well documented) and allowing him to play up his strengths (which are less well-documented but no less real).
Old 12-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #111
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure anyone (offseason pickups) could have effected this team more positively than Chandler. I haven't seen Dirk block as many shots and go after as many blocks that he has this year. Those 4 last night were awesome to see, especially the one on Lee late in the game. He is still swiping at balls on the way up but I love that he is using his size to defend and block closer to the rim!

I don't really know a whole lot about their game before coming here but Ian and Ajinca both look to me like inexperienced semi-clones of Chandler perhaps with more offensive ability as far as shooting touch.

Imo RC is partly responsible but Chandler gets more credit for the change in mentality on the court from the other players.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-08-2010 at 01:42 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #112
Funkman

I do agree that Jet's defensive effort this year is much better. I never meant to imply that he wasn't trying. I just see marginally better results. But then maybe I look at the negatives more than the positives in his defense since it has aggrevated me for years. And I do agree that having Chandler back there does help cover a lot of mistakes.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #113
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
But with rebounding for Dirk i think its a lack of effort there were about 3 easy boards he missed because it looked like he was stuck in the ground and barely reached with his hands
But as Murphy said, this might as well just be a case of Dirk intentionally not going for every single battle of the boards to save some energy for the more important games. I've yet to see a playoff game where Dirk didn't show the necessary effort. He'll probably be fine. In addition, Dirk's one of the more unselfish players in the league. If there's a teammate next to him, he'll gladly let that teammate grab the rebound. TC is completely different in that respect and has that mindset to never give up a single rebound simply because the paint is his territory and rebounding a fundamental part of his job description.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #114
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is keying more on defense I think.

He's also having to play further from the basket than before as teams are taking away his inside stuff.

Having him far away and hitting at such a clip also opens up the inside for cuts and lobs.

In shorter words... it's working out!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #115
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'm not sure anyone (offseason pickups) could have effected this team more positively than Chandler. I haven't seen Dirk block as many shots and go after as many blocks that he has this year. Those 4 last night were awesome to see, especially the one on Lee late in the game. He is still swiping at balls on the way up but I love that he is using his size to defend and block closer to the rim!

I don't really know a whole lot about their game before coming here but Ian and Ajinca both look to me like inexperienced semi-clones of Chandler perhaps with more offensive ability as far as shooting touch.

Imo RC is partly responsible but Chandler gets more credit for the change in mentality on the court from the other players.
Haha, Tyson forced RC's hand, the guy probably dominated practices, where all the guys was able to see the difference he made on the court.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #116
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If you didn't see my tweet
A) shame on you
B) you should

Tyson Chandler was back at practice today and participated in practice. He's not 100% but they're hopeful he will play.

There will be an article on MMB later today.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-08-2010 at 03:39 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:15 PM   #117
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I love dirk obviously he is playing the best on the offensive end and he is playing as good as ever at the defensive end, though he will always struggle at being a rim defender which is why we have TC. But with rebounding for Dirk i think its a lack of effort there were about 3 easy boards he missed because it looked like he was stuck in the ground and barely reached with his hands
Did you notice what period that was?? I noticed that the dirkster came down really awkwardly once while going for a rebound and grimaced for quite a while. He didn't seem to land on anyone's feet, just came down funny.

I thought it was a tweaked back or some sort of hip issue. He didn't come out and he didn't milk it a lot but it seemed to effect him a little bit.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #118
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post

Have you noticed that dirk really only goes for blocks when it's late in the game and is really needed? I don't know if he's really, really conscious of not getting hurt (coming down on a foot, getting tripped, etc.) or he just doesn't want to risk a foul early...he still gets those strip fouls.

But when it comes to the fourth and someones trying to put it in the hole, he definitely tries to block it much more than during the first of the game, imo.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #119
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

It seems like in the last 4-5 games that the Mavs are simply content to maintain a 4-8 pt lead or being behind up until about 3 minutes into the 4th quarter....That is when they turn on the heat and play hard. This strategy seems to work...Maintain a reasonably constant level of energy (say 75% effort) and then pull all stops at the end and win the game...It's not what we are used to, but works with this team. 75% effort for this team, due to our talent and bench play, is probably better than 75% of the NBA teams.

This strategy reduces foul problems, potential energy problems, and reflective of the age of our team.

Last edited by Maringa; 12-08-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Maringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #120
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Defense is about effort, does it mean he wasn't trying in the past, probably for good reason, saving his leg on the offensive end, now that we have Butler, Chandler, he feels he can exude more energy on the defensive end. With Stevenson helping for 10-15 a night, that's more time off Jets legs.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote