Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #81
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Refs without a line of sight on the play making late calls when the ref right there doesn't blow the whistle, traveling, its just garbage.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #82
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Now Carlisle is giving up points. I will never understand why coaches get tech's when the opposing team comes back down from double digits. It never fails.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #83
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I am done with this. What they're getting away with on Dirk is unreal.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #84
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Ahhhhh some very questionable calls there, but w/e. Mavs need to keep it up and keep fighting.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #85
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

WOW...dirk is getting abused on the court. Foul calls...anyone???

Last edited by candid_snoop41; 03-29-2009 at 12:57 PM.
candid_snoop41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #86
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Mavs need to nut it up once and don't blame refs. Just play smart/hard.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #87
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

ah yes, the black ref treatment of Dirk on display once again...

Sweet.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #88
frankvizza

frankvizza will become famous soon enough

back to the same old mavs work hard for a big lead and give it back within 5 mins , they just shoot jump shots when the other teams on a roll . get to the fucken rim
frankvizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #89
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Hmmm. I want to see Damp back in the game. Hollins played okay but Damp was playing really well earlier.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #90
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Now Carlisle is giving up points. I will never understand why coaches get tech's when the opposing team comes back down from double digits. It never fails.
I would have been thrown out 3 minutes ago.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #91
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Because if you don't stand up for yourself you're gonna be walked all over, all game. Right now the refs are letting the Cavs get away with BS left and right and calling the Mavs for crap that didn't happen.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #92
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post
Refs without a line of sight on the play making late calls when the ref right there doesn't blow the whistle, traveling, its just garbage.
Wait. Your watching this game and all you see is the refs making bad calls or hell none at all? Looks like they're letting them play which should probably work in favor of the Cavs. But the Mavs are going back to their jumpshots. The stat was 16 points in the paint through the 1st quarter. Now they're going back to their 3 point shot because they started off 3-4. Its predictable. This is what the Mavs do. Why Dirk is settling for fade aways when he's getting to the rim with success is mind boggling. Dirk's gotta put this team on his back and take this W home. Its a must-win. Dampier and Kidd can't win this game.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #93
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

what happened to the link?
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:59 PM   #94
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Hollins went straight up there and was tripped, yet he was called for the foul. That's why Carlisle was pissed, but VanGundy thought it was on the shot.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #95
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

HOLLINS IS A ANIMAL!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #96
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

JET is making some of the dumbest passes...
Old 03-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #97
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Nice one Hollins!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #98
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wait. Your watching this game and all you see is the refs making bad calls or hell none at all? Looks like they're letting them play which should probably work in favor of the Cavs. But the Mavs are going back to their jumpshots. The stat was 16 points in the paint through the 1st quarter. Now they're going back to their 3 point shot because they started off 3-4. Its predictable. This is what the Mavs do. Why Dirk is settling for fade aways when he's getting to the rim with success is mind boggling. Dirk's gotta put this team on his back and take this W home. Its a must-win. Dampier and Kidd can't win this game.
I didn't talk about the Mavs play. I talked about the refs. They are a joke this game.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #99
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Shame on me! I forgot that the game started so early today...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #100
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Shame on me! I forgot that the game started so early today...
I knew someone would
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #101
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Because if you don't stand up for yourself you're gonna be walked all over, all game. Right now the refs are letting the Cavs get away with BS left and right and calling the Mavs for crap that didn't happen.
There's a way to stand up for yourself without giving up points. The players should stand up for themselves. I'd feel better about one of our players getting a tech than the coach. Then the players can blame themselves for giving up points. Coach shouldn't put his team in a hole.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #102
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
OK folks pick this one

http://atdhe.net/live-tv-5746.html
doesn't work for me. weird

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 03-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #103
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

SMH. This guy Ilgauskaus almost made a half court 3.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #104
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Wright is playing great D

The whole team is doing good on D thou

Keep fighting

GO MAVS

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #105
Dim499
Platinum Member

Dim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud ofDim499 has much to be proud of

Dirk has to find a way to go 9-12 in the second half doesnt he?
Dim499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #106
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Dirk will shoot better in the second half.

I'm thrilled that the Mavs have this lead at the half, no matter how it happened.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #107
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Terrible 2nd quarter from dirk. Just awful
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #108
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I didn't talk about the Mavs play. I talked about the refs. They are a joke this game.
Gotcha. I'm one of the few who think they're a joke most games though. Just gotta play through it. I think today has been decent. They're letting them play. As a fan of basketball I like to watch that. And when I say let them play i'm referring to the physical play. They should call travels and double dribbling and stuff you learned in elementary.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #109
monty55555
Platinum Member

Nice first half for the Mavs. Well, it would have been nicer if they had a bigger lead. But considering they are playing the best home team in the league, its a pretty good showing so far. We all knew that the Cavs would make a run. Its still nice to come out on top at the half.

Come on Mavs! You can do this!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #110
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTnERb View Post
what happened to the link?
Try using this one meanwhile
Old 03-29-2009, 01:06 PM   #111
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

What do you expect? He's getting shoved in the back every 5 seconds out there. Their "defense" on him is the biggest joke I've ever seen.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #112
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Good game soo far. We can pull it out and I dont want to get on any player. Jet is making some bad plays on O, but I am once again worried about Dirk missing OPEN shots. He really needs to figure this out.

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #113
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499 View Post
Dirk has to find a way to go 9-12 in the second half doesnt he?
Yeah......
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #114
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

I hope that Carlisle will let Brandon Bass out of his doghouse in the second half, we could use him.
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #115
Mavsin08

Mavsin08 is on a distinguished road

what's up guys? haven't posted much on here a lot. I liked the first half, still don't have a lot of confidence in 2nd half. Love Hollins.

Anyone know what's up with Bass? Is he in the doghouse? I thought he could of matched up with Joe Smith when he got a couple of his shots to go down.
Mavsin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #116
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
What do you expect? He's getting shoved in the back every 5 seconds out there. Their "defense" on him is the biggest joke I've ever seen.
Agreed. To be fair though, he missed 3-4 wide open shots that he really should have made.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:09 PM   #117
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Hopefully Dirk will shoot better in the second half.

I'm thrilled that the Mavs have this lead at the half, no matter how it happened.
Its discouraging to see that 15 point lead come down to 2. You knew they were going to make a run but when Lebron was on the bench they should've built on that lead. Lebron can put up 15 in 2 minutes himself.

Some good things out of the half is that the refs are letting the guys play and the Mavs are answering to the challenge. Hollins is a animal. He damn near jumped over Varajeo. Gotta love his hustle. I don't care what Damp did in the 1st quarter. Hollins offer's so much more. He missed a dunk which he's done at times this season.

Dirk and JET are sucking. I guess it matters how you look at it. They're up 2 with their two best players sucking but on the other side you have Lebron and Mo Williams sucking.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #118
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Black screen, nothing else. Well, it's halftime, I will try to find some in the meantime

Old 03-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #119
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

Quote:
There was some rough play and Dirk should have gotten a call or two. But the game is physical on both ends. BUT Dirk missed 3-4 open shots on of which was the put back dunk by Hollins. This has become a pattern

........GO MAVS
Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #120
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Did they shove him when he was driving to the rack? The refs are letting the Mavs play Lebron just as physical which is rare. I don't expect that in the next half. Expect Lebron to start getting those calls.

Tags
gdt 08/09, i take it back, slaughterhouse, washington generals, well..... what's new?