Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #81
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

I'm glad about this game. It will only help Dojo.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #82
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
1A Boston
1B SA
then the others...
right, heinsohn vs. elliott is like hitler vs. mussolini...
41N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #83
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Even Novak is missing FTs? Is there something in our Gatorade?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #84
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Thoughts on the game:

Loved the aggressive play, led by Dirk. Guys were taking it to the hoop and getting to the line. Dirk was going to the basket a lot.

DoJo played a good game until late in the 4th. Of course he massively chocked at the FT line, but even more telling was a play where we were up 2 with 40 or so seconds left. Dirk was calling for the ball in the post, DoJo waived him off to go iso. If you waive off your star player to iso, you damn well better make a play. What does he do? He dribbles for 5 seconds then dumps it off on Cardinal in the corner with 2 seconds left. Huge no-no.

Terry had a nice overall game. Nice passing, 5 steals.

Butler was solid. I really wish he wouldn't take so many contested 18 footers though. Problem is, he's not that quick, so on a lot of his drives, the defense is able to get into position for a charge, or block his shot.

Kidd still has the wizardry. Sick no-look pass to Butler and nice alley-opp to Chandler.

Chandler played a nice game. Needs to watch the 3 seconds though.

Haywood was solid as well. Needs to finish stronger. Could have had some and-1 dunks instead of FTS.

Marion was solid, but can't finish worth shit.

WHY is Cardinal playing over Novak?

Screw JJB. I know some people here will defend him to the grave. I don't care. He's terrible and hurts this team. Down the stretch in the 4th quarter he flipped up some awful shots. 3-9 again. The guy shoots too much. On defense he was being absolutely USED. James Johnson kept going right at him.

Bulls announcers are MASSIVE homers. They kept harping on how many minutes Dirk and Butler played last game against Chicago, yet they seem to have no qualms with Noah playing 35 minutes tonight and Rose playing all of OT against JJB and Dee Brown. They are horribly annoying. They show the replay 8 times of the lay-up Rose scored where Kidd got his hands right on the ball, and the guy says "he was fouled too." Dude, you just watched the replay. Seriously?
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #85
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The way Sean Elliott calls a game, you think he is out there still playing SF with his dialysis machine with him.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:57 PM   #86
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Even Novak is missing FTs? Is there something in our Gatorade?
Just nerves by a rookie and pair of little used vets I guess. Cardinal is usually 78-80%ish I think.

Dirk was perfect, he would have hit them.

Terry would have done his vintage 1 of 2.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #87
CadBane
Banned

Ian is pretty solid, I'd like to see him get more minutes, especially over Cardinal.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #88
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The way Sean Elliott calls a game, you think he is out there still playing SF with his dialysis machine with him.
This.

He is the absolute worst announcer ever - biased, way to loud when a good Spurs play happens and prolly the biggest Dirk hater ever.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #89
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a good game for Jones, he had some nice plays but also saw its a long way to go (and a long way on the training court).
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #90
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

I take Novak over Cardinal any day. Hope we sign him (or both).
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #91
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

I feel cautiously optimistic for the season. There seems to be some nice chemistry and players like Jones, Novak and Mahinmi are quite promising. Barea and Terry will disappoint, I can promise you that, so other players, especially Beaubois hopefully can step it up a bit. How much slower Kidd will be is yet another big question.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #92
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Screw JJB. I know some people here will defend him to the grave. I don't care. He's terrible and hurts this team. Down the stretch in the 4th quarter he flipped up some awful shots. 3-9 again. The guy shoots too much. On defense he was being absolutely USED. James Johnson kept going right at him.
Its the usual Barea.

"He can go to the rim" - sure but at least half of the time he throws a wild lob s*** over one or two defender. Other players "that are able to go to the rim" bully their way to the rim and finish the layup at the rim (basket or foul or both). Thats why he gets barely FT or And1. His penetration is so overrated. But of course in a team full of jumpshooter they wanna talk him strong...
Old 10-15-2010, 11:39 PM   #93
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I like how Cardinal has *more than one* really solid games, then Novak (after games of chucking at a bad percentage) has *one* great game as a starter, and then everyone hates Cardinal and loves Novak.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #94
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching the Rangers and only caught the last four minutes of regulation but 15 FTA's in 30 minutes for Jones is ridiculous. He needs to make more than 9 but that's still pretty impressive.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:21 AM   #95
CadBane
Banned

Novak wasn't getting the minutes Cardinal was getting. Cardinal isn't terrible, but between the two, I prefer Novak. Although no reason we can't sign both.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:22 AM   #96
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

How can you have a discussion about terrible announcers without talking about the Cavs announcers? Maybe they'll be a little more tame this year now that they're relegated to a little corner of baskeball nothingness, but goodness they terrible last year.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #97
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The Houston announcers get my vote.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #98
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

What I like about Mahinmi and Ajinca is that they both actually have talent. Ian doesn't looks as far away from being a contributor as I first thought. I'm sure the international play has helped both of them progress.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #99
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
DoJo played a good game until late in the 4th. Of course he massively chocked at the FT line, but even more telling was a play where we were up 2 with 40 or so seconds left. Dirk was calling for the ball in the post, DoJo waived him off to go iso. If you waive off your star player to iso, you damn well better make a play. What does he do? He dribbles for 5 seconds then dumps it off on Cardinal in the corner with 2 seconds left. Huge no-no.?
Exactly why rooks don't normally get a lot of playing time. They are stupid for a while.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #100
sefant77
Guru

And the good and smart rookies learn from this and dont do it again and the stupid ones do it again...so lets see the next games...
Old 10-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #101
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

I very like DoJo.I want see him in court.I want see him in all matchs.He must practice his free throw %.When he stayed on the line and he missed.I wanted kill him.Great match for Tyson Chandler.I love his play.Dirk he always plays well.Cardinal I think he isn't good choice for Mavericks.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #102
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
1A Boston
1B SA
then the others...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 41N View Post
right, heinsohn vs. elliott is like hitler vs. mussolini...
This. Both.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #103
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
And the good and smart rookies learn from this and dont do it again and the stupid ones do it again...so lets see the next games...
It's sorta strange, maybe he got caught up in the moment. He was looking for dirk all night long the first home pre-season game that he started.

Then again maybe he thinks getting into the lane is a better play than gettting a contested elbow jumper...hard to refute that logic really. We've talked about it ad nauseum..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 10-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #104
dude1394
Guru

I am pretty sure I heard the bench calling "DJ" when they were trying to get Dominque Jones attention. Maybe dojo isn't his knickname at all.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #105
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Dojo is getting better which is encouraging. 15 ft attempts is near-stratospheric. What I'm most impressed about is his ball control and court awareness. He always looks very focused and makes quick reactions/decisions. He just needs to keep practicing that shot....

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #106
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

DJ didn't pass the ball because RC was yelling at him to run Iso. In regular season game RC will be calling for the iso, but obviously with Dirk instead. I think he's doing fine and as DHWS said, keep practicing on that shot. Once his confidence comes around, who knows how good he could be.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #107
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
DJ didn't pass the ball because RC was yelling at him to run Iso. In regular season game RC will be calling for the iso, but obviously with Dirk instead. I think he's doing fine and as DHWS said, keep practicing on that shot. Once his confidence comes around, who knows how good he could be.
The problem is, DJ didn't iso. He ended up dumping the ball to Cardinal for a forced three as the clock expired. Got to make a play there. Still, he played an excellent overall game. If he improves that jumper, he could have a nice future as a role player.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #108
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

I think RC is using the pre games to work on various rotations. They played zone more than they would have in a regular game because they need the work. Chandler's skill set would work really well in the zone- covers a lot of territory. They also seem to run the ball better with him in there. They just hurt themselves with too many turn overs. I have not seen Kidd run the break like that in quite some time. I think they could exploit certain teams with it and it is good to have it as an option. So now is the time to work it out.
I also thought that DJ did not play smart. But we will also soon see if DJ's mistakes are just rookie stuff or if he will turn out to be another air head like JH. It is better to keep an open opinion about players than to have a preconcived image based on what we wish was so. There is nothing wrong if a rookie makes mistakes. What is more important is if they are teachable.
Some of you guys are just too hard on JB. He did get punished on D but he does some things very well. In limited min he could be very useful. With this roster I don't see any neccessity for more than limited min.

Is it just me or is Marions shot gone totally into the toilet. All he seems to hit is just lay ups or dunks. He hasn't been consistant with his foater since mid last year.
I sort of thought it was good that it went into over time it gave RC more time to tinker with his line up rotations. History has shown that he is a slow study so more time now means he might have it together sooner than mid season like he did last year.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #109
sefant77
Guru

Oh how i forgot the horrible Blazers homer...

Celtics
Spurs
Rockets
Blazers

Thats the top 4 for sure...