Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-28-2003, 03:21 AM   #81
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mavs vs. Lakers Game Thread

These mercilous Mavs are going to blow up tomorrow: We will win 128-109 and make a resoundingly brutal statement to the pundits and to our future victims in the league...
Old 10-28-2003, 04:31 AM   #82
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all
Default RE:Mavs vs. Lakers Game Thread

104-96 Mavs.

We´ll see a balanced attack with the Mavs breaking the game open in the late 2nd quarter and shooting their way till the final buzzer.

Each of the newbies will focus on a different part of his game - AJ on rebounding, AW on passing - and relieving the Big 3 they aswell might discover a new depth in their own game. Best, Delk and Bradley beeing the nine-inch-nail into the Lakers coffin ...
Old 10-28-2003, 09:29 AM   #83
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

AP is reporting that Kobe will not play tonight.

Says his knee is not 100% yet and he wants to wait.

Is this more drama or reality?

dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:12 PM   #84
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Mavs will win, drama or not.
Dirk shows up strong, Jamison and Fortson contribute.
Mavs by 7.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:13 PM   #85
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

dirt, you never can tell with Jackson...

it will be interesting to see how the new guys go tonight...SEELEN is right..we will not see a selfish play in tonight's game....everyone will be looking to better the other guy...lets just hope the other guy is Dirk....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 03:11 PM   #86
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Mavs finally get the monkey off of their backs... 110-99...
Old 10-28-2003, 03:24 PM   #87
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

KILL THE FAKERS KILL THE FAKERS! KILL THE FAKERS! First post of the year! Been waitin' for this! Mavs 112 Fakers 105

Old 10-28-2003, 03:34 PM   #88
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: GermanBlitzkrieg
KILL THE FAKERS KILL THE FAKERS! KILL THE FAKERS! First post of the year! Been waitin' for this! Mavs 112 Fakers 105
I got this mental pic of Blitz chanting this as he stares into a bubbling caldron...dropping stuff like newt eyes and lizard tails...and bits of pubic hair....calm down big boy...yes, yes, I know "Kill the Fakers"....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-28-2003, 03:38 PM   #89
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I got this mental pic of Blitz chanting this as he stares into a bubbling caldron...dropping stuff like newt eyes and lizard tails...and bits of pubic hair.
Either that or driving stakes into his Shaq Voodoo doll.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:44 PM   #90
sage
Banned

sage is on a distinguished road

funny, Sike and LRB!!!

make me laugh so that all the nerves about tonight go away.
sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 04:21 PM   #91
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Since Karl is now a Laker, I predict the number of stitches the Mavs will require will be greater than the number of rebounds they get.

If Kobe plays the Lakers will lose. If Kobe sits out Shaq will be obligated to have a monster game and the Mavs will be destroyed.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 04:30 PM   #92
sbjensen

sbjensen will become famous soon enough

I hope I'm really, really wrong.

Lakers 104, Mavs 88. Lakers open up early lead and never look back.

Further prediction: Mavs struggle throughout November.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:13 PM   #93
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: sbjensen
I hope I'm really, really wrong.

Lakers 104, Mavs 88. Lakers open up early lead and never look back.

Further prediction: Mavs struggle throughout November.
Steve, while anything is possible, I doubt the heart of this team will allow it to go on a long losing streak or even a bad month...it is just too far superior to almost every other team.....

Old 10-28-2003, 05:33 PM   #94
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

PTI is going to talk about the new uniforms in a minute. lol

Edit: Wilbon asked Kornheiser if he was going to watch the games for the Mavs new silver uniforms... Kornheiser said he was going to watch the show 24. lol
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 06:00 PM   #95
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Mavs win it in the fourth...redemption !

I say Mavs by 3...

105-102
Old 10-28-2003, 06:10 PM   #96
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Death to the LA jinx!!!!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:23 PM   #97
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Death to the LA jinx!!!!
no, no, death to all of L.A.!

Old 10-28-2003, 06:43 PM   #98
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Death to the LA jinx!!!!
no, no, death to all of L.A.!

Well unfortunately becaue of the fires there it might be a distinct possibility for lots of people there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

I'll settle for just the Lakers going down in smoke. With Kobe sitting I'll go Mavs 107 Lakers 102. And I'll even give Shaq my Chalupa. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 06:47 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

LRB has made me feel bad...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

i am sorry that i said that.....I really meant just the Lakers......die......oh wait that is still pretty mean...plague....no.....boils.....food poisoning..no.....oh well, I'll just settle for a mavs W!

Old 10-28-2003, 07:01 PM   #100
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
LRB has made me feel bad...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

i am sorry that i said that.....I really meant just the Lakers......die......oh wait that is still pretty mean...plague....no.....boils.....food poisoning..no.....oh well, I'll just settle for a mavs W!
Don't feel sad, just do like Shaq and blame it on Kobe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 07:05 PM   #101
Fah Q
Golden Member

Fah Q is on a distinguished road

124-109 Mavs
Old 10-28-2003, 07:13 PM   #102
Dirk41= konsesjonen
Banned

Dirk41= konsesjonen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: ReDIRKulous
PTI is going to talk about the new uniforms in a minute. lol

Edit: Wilbon asked Kornheiser if he was going to watch the games for the Mavs new silver uniforms... Kornheiser said he was going to watch the show 24. lol
Fortunately, the season premire of "24" the third season cfinishes half an hour before the Mavs game!
Dirk41= konsesjonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 07:14 PM   #103
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

n

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 02-15-2007 at 12:13 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:04 PM   #104
DrtyFlthyNasty

DrtyFlthyNasty is on a distinguished road

the season is finally starting!!!... lets see this new look mav team!...
"I know what I can do,'' Van Exel said. "I'm not really worried about what other people say, that I'm just a scorer or a ballhog or whatever. I know when I need to score, and I definitely know how to make players better.'' - Nick Van Exel

"The ROC handle like Van Exel,
I shake phoneys man, You can't get next to.."

-Jayz
DrtyFlthyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:43 PM   #105
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Disgusting to watch that Spurs Ring ceremony before their game...but at least they look like crap in the first period against the Suns....23-8...oh, my...I like that.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:48 PM   #106
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Disgusting to watch that Spurs Ring ceremony ...
At least Thalia sweetened the night.

The rings looked great, though. Make one feel like earning them. This season, perhaps.

Old 10-28-2003, 09:13 PM   #107
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

I am watching the Spurs Suns game right now and wondering how any media members could possibly complain about the Mavs "all offense" philosophy.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
Old 10-28-2003, 09:23 PM   #108
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs or the Kings (preferably the Mavs) would be the best thing to happen to this copycat league since Jordan. Basketball purest don’t mind watching 80 to 81 game. The casual fan is another story.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:28 PM   #109
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

mavs 107
lakers 106

does anybody know where you can listen to the game online?
Old 10-28-2003, 09:39 PM   #110
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

There is somekind of macho obsession with grind it out physical grudge matches. I wonder how the popularity of the league would grow if the league change their style of officiating to facilitate more running finnesse teams. It sounds like the Euoropean leagues have no choice but to run their leagues that way or their leagues would totally die.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:59 PM   #111
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Mavs 100
Lakers 92
Old 10-28-2003, 10:09 PM   #112
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs !!

I'm so excited and nervous. I'm hoping to sit back and enjoy a good game.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Enough with this boring matchup between the Spurs and Suns. Ugh.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:22 PM   #113
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

I am really excited too. I hope the Mavs don't stink it up like these guys... that would be really disappointing. A reaaalll let down.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:35 PM   #114
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUMMMMBBBBLLLLEEE!!!!!
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:36 PM   #115
LRB
Guru

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Old 10-28-2003, 10:36 PM   #116
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

I want the first play to be Fortson trampling Shaq's toe.

Old 10-28-2003, 10:40 PM   #117
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

Just end the Spurs game, we gotta get this thing started!

I feel like a little kid waiting for Xmas...
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:40 PM   #118
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Stupid Suns. Let them get back in the game & then runs into the Mavs starting time. Let's going, people. Chop chop.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:41 PM   #119
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
I want the first play to be Fortson trampling Shaq's toe.

Hope he remembered to wear the steel tiped Nike's.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:43 PM   #120
LRB
Guru

All I can say if the Spurs/Suns game goes into OT I'm going to go postal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]