Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-19-2005, 05:14 PM   #81
seal614

seal614 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Iverson is the man

haha Iverson would be a bad fit in Dallas... and many places. Personally I think Dirk deserves better (and he's gotten it). That doesn't mean AI isn't one of my favorite players and still one of the 10 best in the league.

Whoever made the "not perfect" comment. I think they've already made their true opinion of Iverson clear long ago and without re-hashing an old argument they made their opinion clear again without being overt. I appreciate that.
seal614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2005, 05:21 PM   #82
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

haha, I love it. I'm rehashing an old argument, but the Philly homer is coming up with something original each time.

And I personally only hate AI when he's hyped up by a fanatical group of homers, as we've seen here. I like the guy, I just can't stand non-Mavs homerism. I have problems with anyone whose sole purpose here is to support a single player who isnt even playing here. Antoine Walker, Eduardo Najera, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant. It doesnt matter. I hate Walker on this team and I think that Kobe's personality sucks, but I like every one of those players, but not when its a love fest. No one else on this board has gotten so much love these past month than AI-- not Nash, not Shaq, not Duncan.

And being sarcastic while trying to be a non-mavs-player homer-- it doesnt help. It also doesnt help when the main person on the thread is someone who personally insulted me.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 07:46 PM   #83
seal614

sarcastic? Why wouldn't I appreciate you keeping yourself out of it? You think I want you to continuosly bash AI in a topic that is for the ppl that appreciate him? I was not being sarcastic. If I were being sarcastic I would at least make SOME sort of comment to let you know that.

whatever Erica, seriously.

p.s. this is called "Around the NBA" not "Around what Erica feels like reading" so just remove yourself from the topic; honestly just leave. We have every right to sit here and say AI is the greatest human to ever bounce a basketball and honestly if you don't like it, create your own thread or leave. You've already told your side of the story, the only thing I've done recently is add AI's recent great lines. More to the point, why don't you search around the main Mavericks forum and see how much "homering" I pull around there. Especially recently. I even helped tone down the AI-talk in the MVP thread by mentioning he isn't the person who should win MVP. But then again what do I know Erica? You know everything so please continue to tell us how to carry ourselves in this forum concerning players that aren't your favorite. We'd all appreciate it.

p.p.s. the p.s. was sarcastic
Old 04-30-2005, 12:30 PM   #84
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Iverson 37 points on 15-26 shooting and 15 assists. Detroit must be getting a little scared.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:45 PM   #85
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

AI is indeed one of the toughest players I have ever seen...the man indeed.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:21 PM   #86
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I had paid more attention to AI earlier in his career. Hands down, my favorite non-Maverick in the NBA. Freakin' warrior, this guy. Everything a fan can ask for.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:50 PM   #87
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

too bad we wont see much of him after this series.
Old 04-30-2005, 02:11 PM   #88
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Iverson is the man

Quote:
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
too bad we wont see much of him after this series.
quit hatin'!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-01-2005, 07:06 PM   #89

Member will become famous soon enoughMember will become famous soon enough

Where's murph when we need him? I thought he'd be chomping at the bit for a thread like this.
Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:25 PM   #90
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road

can I have permission to say the B word here? it is certainly relevant.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:32 AM   #91
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

call me a bitch if you will, or a hata but after watching all 4 games of the series, the playoffs just wont be as fun to watch.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #92
sike
The Preacha

this leage is better when AI is playing...

Old 05-02-2005, 02:56 PM   #93
seal614

averaging 31pt 11ast 2.5 stl on 47% and 46% from 3.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #94
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

Leave Erica alone, she's entitled to an opinion about the guy.

Personally, I think Allen Iverson is a great scoring guard, but he can still elevate his game more, if he can learn to be less selfish. That's not a new opinion, but it still rings true everytime I watch him play.

The new AI (Andre Iguodala) will be an even better player because he knows how to share. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #95
seal614

Iguodala will be special but putting him ahead of Iverson says big things.

I think as AI continues to age, his scoring goes down... assists go up, way up. Personally I think he could average 9 seeing as how he had many, many 10+ assist games this season and only dipped below when he needed to take over.

...especially as he continues to gel with his new playing buddy Webber
Old 05-03-2005, 12:47 PM   #96
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough

I'm not saying Iguodala is better than Iverson now, but he has the potential to be.
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:11 AM   #97
seal614

Allen Iverson makes first team all-nba at arguably the deepest position in the league.

Not top 10?

Congrats to AI.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:27 AM   #98
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

that is ridiculous logic.

Ray Allen-- top 10? T-Mac 10-15?

Old 05-20-2005, 08:09 AM   #99
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

At least he's top 2 in guards for this year.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:45 PM   #100
seal614

the forward position is deep enough to keep some legitimate second team gaurds from top 10 overall consideration, if you can see what I'm saying.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:53 AM   #101
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
I'm not saying Iguodala is better than Iverson now, but he has the potential to be.
To say that Iguodala will ever be half the player Iverson is, is going out on a pretty thin limb IMO.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote