Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-04-2005, 11:11 PM   #81
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Dallas @ Lakers GameDay Thread

Don't look now, but heeeerrrre come the Mavvvvvericks!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2005, 11:11 PM   #82
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

alright!!! we're looking good again. still don't like this combination of players out there. Take out either dirk or kvh. Let dirk rest while kobe rests...
Old 03-04-2005, 11:11 PM   #83
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dallas @ Lakers GameDay Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: ocelot_ark
Hell yeah, good work Hendu!
luckily the Mavs got the ball back on that out of bounds call....thought for sure it would be going to the lakers.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:12 PM   #84
PepperTheMavsFan41

PepperTheMavsFan41 is on a distinguished road

I like this lineup of

Quesy
Josh
KVH
Dirk
Hendu

Very tall, and playing much better D.
I can kill cause in god I trust.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
PepperTheMavsFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:14 PM   #85
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

It's about time the Mavs decided to start playing D. I'm glad they didn't wait until the 2nd half to do so. Their bringing the Lakers back to reality.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:14 PM   #86
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: Charlie Brown
i know marquis is a great scorer, but i just get the sense that he disrupts the flow of the mavs' offense. he rarely ever makes the right pass if he passes at all.
I think he might be the best option at the point for the moment. Terry rarely handles the ball, then when he goes in, he has a hard time finding others. And Harris seems to be looking to score more lately.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:15 PM   #87
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Daniels doesn't ever get anyone involved. Does he ever pass it to anyone besides Howard?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:16 PM   #88
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Why does Daniels shoot the three? He should be fined every time he shoots one.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #89
Murphy3
Guru

KVH, get your sorry ass on the floor for the rebound. Your play cost the team a bucket. If you'll put a little effort in to secure the damn rebound, the Mavs don't give up the prayer to Walton. But no, you'd rather not do that.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #90
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

give me a freaking break. luke walton.

Please call a timeout.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #91
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

This is what happens when your offense goes inept. Ugh.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:18 PM   #92
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

getting out worked right now...and the offense has absolutely no identity.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:18 PM   #93
PepperTheMavsFan41

You wont find a bigger Quesey fan than me, but untill he mixes in a couple makes he needs to pass or sit on the bench.

WERENT we told KVH could shoot???????? Someday.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:19 PM   #94
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk needs to start shooting.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:19 PM   #95
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
getting out worked right now...and the offense has absolutely no identity.
I can remember earlier in the season when the Mavs offense would go stagnant they'd put Dirk in the post and feed it to him a few times in a row. I suppose that has gone out the window. I haven't seen that happen much at all in the past several games.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:19 PM   #96
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

i like Quis much more as a SG than a PG.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:20 PM   #97
Murphy3
Guru

Anyone want to mix in a rebound?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:20 PM   #98
Bayliss

I hate merry go round shot selection.

Josh Howard: 2-6
Daniels: 2-7

They should not be shooting that much.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:21 PM   #99
Murphy3
Guru

I can't stand Don Nelson as a coach. He has no control over what goes on ON the court. Here's the ball and go do whatever the f' you f'ing want to do.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:21 PM   #100
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Good move by KVh getting to the free throw line. I don't like the play, though. Out of a timeout the best we can do is run an isolation play? And Don Nelson is an offensive mastermind?
Old 03-04-2005, 11:21 PM   #101
chumdawg
Guru

This will be an interesting lineup to watch: Bradley, KVH, Stack, Howard, and Terry.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:22 PM   #102
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown is on a distinguished road

terry is by far the best option at the point. he rarely forces shots. makes the shots he takes. and does a far better job finding open people than marquis or harris. armstrong might be a better passer, but that's only because that's all he thinks about. if you focus on doing one thing and one thing only, you should be pretty good at it. terry provides the best balance. i think terry's poor passing recently coincided with the loss of dampier. dampier provided an easy target whenever terry drove the lane. terry's a work-in-progress at point guard, but i think we should let him learn by giving him more minutes then letting marquis/armstrong take away his minutes at the point. i think it will pay great dividends in the playoffs.
3. Heidi Klum - the source of my perspiration
Charlie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:22 PM   #103
PepperTheMavsFan41

Terry
Quesy
Stack
Josh
KVH

All I can say is Nellie.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:23 PM   #104
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

It's a shame that so much god-given talent is wasted on such a god-less person as Kobe Bryant.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:23 PM   #105
Murphy3
Guru

Wow, Daniels was abused by Luke freaking Walton.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:24 PM   #106
Bayliss

Let's just lett everyone get a shot. Hey! That's the ticket.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:25 PM   #107
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Every loose ball finds its way to the lakers.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:25 PM   #108
Murphy3
Guru

Daniels, secure the rebound AND THEN r;un the break.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:25 PM   #109
Murphy3
Guru

Stack, great job stopping the penetration...way to just give them baseline.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:26 PM   #110
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

KVH actually put really good pressure on that Kobe three.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:26 PM   #111
PepperTheMavsFan41

QUESY MAKE A FRICKEN LAYUP.
It's EVOLUTION baby.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:26 PM   #112
chumdawg
Guru

I'm starting to think that Daniels has a little Antoine Walker in him.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:27 PM   #113
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Stack, great job stopping the penetration...way to just give them baseline.
Very true. OLE'

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:27 PM   #114
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Every loose ball finds its way to the lakers.
..and it's not because of effort by the Lakers and lack of effort by the Mavs...It's because of stupidity by the Mavs. They try and run with the ball before securing the rebound.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:27 PM   #115
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quis is a poor man's Wade. He's a natural 2, but can pass well for his position. He only played the point last year because of our depleted depth at that position
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #116
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

JETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! Nice shot!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #117
Murphy3
Guru

I'm convinced that being within 6 feet on the outside jumper is considered good 'D' for KVH.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:29 PM   #118
Bayliss

GET UP AND SECURE THAT SH%T DIRK!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:29 PM   #119
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Bought f'ing time they called an over the back
Old 03-04-2005, 11:29 PM   #120
PepperTheMavsFan41

This is on ESPN how embarrising.

Grab a board. Get a loose ball. Act like you care.
It's EVOLUTION baby.