Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 10-14-2005, 12:08 PM   #81
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Stoudemire out with knee injury

I hope Amare makes a full come back...that's too much talent to be wasted...I want to see what it can become.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2005, 12:50 PM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Stoudemire out with knee injury

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
I hope Amare makes a full come back...that's too much talent to be wasted...I want to see what it can become.
I'd rather see Amare lose all of his money and end up flipping burgers at McDonald's.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:49 PM   #83
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

he's better than McDonald's, I say steak and shake..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:23 PM   #84
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he comes back at 100% eventually. I don't want the Suns to be able to exercise the 'oh but if' clause and I think we can beat them top gun to top gun. Plus, he's a fun player to watch even though his mouth is too much. Good health and speedy recoveries to all.

Anyways, I looking forward to the 'MVP' keeping the Suns in the playoffs. Good way to tell if it was the system or the player that made Nash's very manly 2004-2005 season. If he's really elevated to stud level - Amare's out for a few months... BFD! If he needs a couple All-Stars and 3 point monsters to win, last year was just a perfect recipe for Nasty; less on what he personally did.

Nash doesn't even have to duplicate last season or better upon it to prove it (though, he could and probably should - league MVPs should be able to raise their game in the absense of running mates - though you could argue the Nash-Amare relationship was like Stock-Malone). All Nash has to do is get the Suns in at 8 and he AND his contract will be validated IMO.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 02:56 PM   #85
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

suns will still win the division....they will be enough games over 500 by the time amare returns and he will help take them on a big run to end the season

BOOK IT
Old 10-20-2005, 02:57 PM   #86
Steve13

suns will still win the division....they will be enough games over 500 by the time amare returns and he will help take them on a big run to end the season

BOOK IT
Old 10-20-2005, 02:57 PM   #87
Steve13

BOOK IT
Old 10-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #88
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so booked, so booked, so booked.

the Wariors beat 'em couple nights ago...watch our for the GS warriors!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 10-20-2005, 03:15 PM   #89
Steve13

Quote:

spurs are 0-4 in pre-season guess that means they will be lottery bound then?

fact is suns still have the MVP and he makes guys better and the suns still have an all-star in Marion, very good shooters and role players ..to dismiss them is foolish.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:19 PM   #90
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
fact is suns still have the MVP and he makes guys better and the suns still have an all-star in Marion, very good shooters and role players ..
Look out that window....

The Suns seem very ordinary right now.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 03:24 PM   #91
Steve13

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
fact is suns still have the MVP and he makes guys better and the suns still have an all-star in Marion, very good shooters and role players ..
Look out that window....
I'm sure one day you will make sense

why dallas fans are so bitter against the suns is beyond me...always looking to see them fail...guess suns beating the mavs in the playoffs was the last straw uh?
Old 10-20-2005, 03:28 PM   #92
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Steve13, I would think the thing about the Mavs if Dirk went down. Most teams aren't equipped to handle losing their best player, and arguably the Suns are without their two best players from last year.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 10-20-2005, 03:31 PM   #93
Steve13

Quote:
Steve13, I would think the thing about the Mavs if Dirk went down. Most teams aren't equipped to handle losing their best player, and arguably the Suns are without their two best players from last year.
Difference is the mavs don't have a guy who won the MVP and another all-star after Dirk...suns are in a better position to cope. the suns would of been in worse shape if nash went down than amare....

suns added good role players and shooters this summer and finally have a guy who can rebound and score like kurt thomas..they will be fine and should still compete for the division title..people forget how good nash is at setting guys up..mainly guys who can shoot and run
Old 10-20-2005, 03:35 PM   #94
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Steve13
Quote:

fact is suns still have the MVP and he makes guys better and the suns still have an all-star in Marion, very good shooters and role players ..to dismiss them is foolish.
pull back the claws kitten.

If you want to bank your team on 17 pts, 11apg, wonderful shooting, no defense...fine...but with Amare out...you miss your Dominant force. I said nothing about the Suns being horrible and certainly said nothing stupid like spouting off preseason records to prove a point. If you would have actually read my post, it says to watch out for GS, not the Suns will blow.
I lovingly accept your apology.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:39 PM   #95
sike
The Preacha

for the record: I have nothing against the Suns, I don't need to be reminded that Nash is good at "setting guys up", and I realize that Nash is only as good as the cast around him...and the Suns cast has just gone from exceptional to good.

But there are lots of "good" teams out there...

Old 10-20-2005, 03:47 PM   #96
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
suns added good role players and shooters this summer and finally have a guy who can rebound and score like kurt thomas..they will be fine and should still compete for the division title..people forget how good nash is at setting guys up..mainly guys who can shoot and run
Don't forget that Nash has also had the fortune of A) playing with the best 7-foot shooter in the game and B)playing with one of the most athletic finishers in the game. The "he makes his teammates better" usually runs both ways.

Old 10-24-2005, 04:19 AM   #97
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Don't forget that Nash has also had the fortune of A) playing with the best 7-foot shooter in the game and B)playing with one of the most athletic finishers in the game. The "he makes his teammates better" usually runs both ways.
Thank you, Mary, for saying what I've been thinking.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:21 AM   #98
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: Steve13
Quote:

What happened to those Timberwolves last season? As I recall they had the MVP in KG (much better than Nash) and Sam Cassel was an All Star player...so was Spree, right? Point is, shit happens, teams fall apart. MVP doesn't promise success every season.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 02:54 PM   #99
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the Suns last night, and Nash was scoring at will and running over the defense as usual. They actually look like when Amare gets back they will better than last year. None of the slowing down or changed identity that I've seen predicted on here. Although it was the Kings they were playing.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #100
MeMavsFan

MeMavsFan is on a distinguished road

MeMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:39 PM   #101
MeMavsFan

Old 10-24-2005, 03:40 PM   #102
MeMavsFan

Old 10-24-2005, 03:41 PM   #103
MeMavsFan

Old 10-24-2005, 03:42 PM   #104
MeMavsFan

Quote:
Originally posted by: FreshJive
I watched the Suns last night, and Nash was scoring at will and running over the defense as usual. They actually look like when Amare gets back they will better than last year. None of the slowing down or changed identity that I've seen predicted on here. Although it was the Kings they were playing.

Not only were they plaing the kings but they were playing the kings scrubs. Adelman pretty much gave the starters the night off. None of them played at all past the 1st quarter. The argument is that the Suns won't be as good as last year and this although most like true has not been proven one way or the other, especially not by last night's game. No one said they would become the bobcats.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:47 PM   #105
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
Bibby, Peja, Shareef and Miller combined for a whopping 40 minutes last night. Nash, Marion, JJones, KThomas & Raja Bell combined for 153. But if seeing the Suns starting 5 beat up on Kenny Thomas and the Kings bench scrubs is the re-assurance you need that all will be well in the land of the setting Sun, then enjoy your big victory.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 10:40 PM   #106
sike
The Preacha

very nice, DN.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:41 AM   #107
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, DN. I am excited about the early reports of the new Suns teams doing well on the offensive end--especially against those hated Kings teams.

Go Nash, et. al!!!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:29 PM   #108
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: DelNegro
Quote:
Bibby, Peja, Shareef and Miller combined for a whopping 40 minutes last night. Nash, Marion, JJones, KThomas & Raja Bell combined for 153. But if seeing the Suns starting 5 beat up on Kenny Thomas and the Kings bench scrubs is the re-assurance you need that all will be well in the land of the setting Sun, then enjoy your big victory.
It seems I may have mentioned the competition, and the words "big victory" are nowhere to be found. My point was that contrary to what I have seen predicted a) the suns have not drastically changed thier playing style b) they seem to have plenty of shooters and scorers c) Nash looks the same as last year d) I wouldn't be surprised if they are a better team than last year after Amare comes back. Appreciate the box score, though. (Did I mention I saw the game?)
Old 10-25-2005, 06:14 PM   #109
DelNegro

DelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to allDelNegro is a name known to all

Quote:
It seems I may have mentioned the competition, and the words "big victory" are nowhere to be found. My point was that contrary to what I have seen predicted a) the suns have not drastically changed thier playing style b) they seem to have plenty of shooters and scorers c) Nash looks the same as last year d) I wouldn't be surprised if they are a better team than last year after Amare comes back. Appreciate the box score, though. (Did I mention I saw the game?)
While you were there did you notice the Kings 4 best players spending a dis-proportionate amount of time on the bench? All that game showed is that the Suns starters are better than the Kings bench. If that's all you need to see then fine, but color me un-impressed. If the Suns can do all that when the games count and teams actually give a damn, then we'll know whether your points "a" thru "d" have really been addressed.

Switching gears to Amare, I wish nothing but the best for him, but the smart play is to keep him out for the year. That procedure is way too scary and he's way too talented and way too young to take chances with. It ain't worth it. You don't take chances with the franchise player. I hope he makes a complete recovery, but the competitor in him is going to make him want to speed the recovery along and that's dangerous.
DelNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:50 PM   #110
FreshJive
Diamond Member

I wasn't there. I saw the game on the magic picture box, and yes I made a few guesses that cannot be proven until the season plays out. Hell, people here freak out about a few blocks or rebounds in a summer league game.