Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-27-2006, 04:10 PM   #81
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
I need to see Ghost Dog, as well as other Jarmusch films.

I love Coffee and Cigarettes. There are some beautiful scenes, as well as some hysterical ones. Coogan/Molina, Waits/Pop, and GZA/RZA/Murray all get me rolling.
C&C was genius to the max

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #82
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Conan the Barbarian
"Pumping Iron" is actually a very interessting and funny documentation

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #83
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Repo man was awsome. And I mean totally awsome. Wasn't Emelio Estevez at one time engaged to Demi Moore? Whatever happened to that dude?

It is definitely time to revive Conan on the big screen. Ahnold's finally too old to argue for a role. I saw they have released the original short stories as graphic novels. They look great.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 01-28-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #84
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Repo man was awsome. And I mean totally awsome. Wasn't Emelio Estevez at one time engaged to Demi Moore? Whatever happened to that dude?

It is definitely time to revive Conan on the big screen. Ahnold's finally too old to argue for a role. I saw they have released the original short stories as graphic novels. They look great.
you seem to be the king of B movies UL.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #85
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

I almost called Repo Man "tubular" but couldn't remember if that was quite the right time period.

Was Conan a B movie?? Come on, one of them had Wilt Chamberlain. Wilt Chamberlain!
I really didn't like the old ones anymore - they're hard to watch. But they could do a good one now, I think.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #86
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I almost called Repo Man "tubular" but couldn't remember if that was quite the right time period.

Was Conan a B movie?? Come on, one of them had Wilt Chamberlain. Wilt Chamberlain!
I really didn't like the old ones anymore - they're hard to watch. But they could do a good one now, I think.
with Arnold?...or like the rock or something???

Old 01-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #87
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Arnold turned Conan into a lovable muscle-bound goof. He should be a savage. Conan should be more panther, and less gorilla. And mean. Very mean. If you ever get a chance to browse book covers, Frank Frazetta had the right idea. Sometime after Arnold's movie, the Conans on the covers started turning into pretty boys. If they did a new one, they'd probably go with a wrestler - Triple H or something, and it would suck. I don't know if the Rock could pull it off - maybe. I'd rather see a great actor - Joaquin Phoenix if he could bulk up.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #88
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Gladiator, the one with cuba gooding jr and brian dennehy (sp?)
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #89
sike
The Preacha

Lightning Jack

Old 01-30-2006, 10:46 AM   #90
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Dracula 2000 I liked the idea of who dracula was historically.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #91
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Dracula 2000 I liked the idea of who dracula was historically.
it was a total teen flick...but the ending was pretty sweet.

serenity

Old 01-30-2006, 11:11 AM   #92
Five-ofan
Guru

I was a teen when i watched it but the idea of him being who he was was interesting.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #93
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I was a teen when i watched it but the idea of him being who he was was interesting.
I agree
you youngster!

Old 01-30-2006, 11:48 AM   #94
Five-ofan
Guru

i am no longer a teen (20 now)
Old 01-30-2006, 02:11 PM   #95
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'll never see the movie, so tell me, who was dracula?
Old 01-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #96
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i'll never see the movie, so tell me, who was dracula?
dang....you should just go rent it....it's worth it...trust me

Old 01-31-2006, 02:26 PM   #97
Five-ofan
Guru

Butterfly effect and the Jacket. Both weird ideas but very good if you like movies that involve some form of time travel.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:39 PM   #98
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

The Jacket was pretty cool. Kris Kristofferson, right? I'll say pretty much all his movies I've seen are underrated.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:33 PM   #99
sike
The Preacha

yes, Kris Kristofferson

Old 01-31-2006, 05:34 PM   #100
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i really wouldn't consider the Jacket to be a kristofferson movie. The main stars are Adrien Brody and keira Knightley's nipple.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:09 PM   #101
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
i really wouldn't consider the Jacket to be a kristofferson movie. The main stars are Adrien Brody and keira Knightley's nipple.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:10 PM   #102
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
yes, it's Broody's movie...but Dristofferson plays the crazy doc...

Old 01-31-2006, 06:10 PM   #103
sike
The Preacha

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
gigedy!!

Old 01-31-2006, 06:20 PM   #104
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Kristofferson was great in it.
in the commentary, the director said Mark Wahlberg was originally slotted for Brody's part, and that that would have meant a completely different actor for the evil doc. Would've been interesting.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:23 PM   #105
sike
The Preacha

Broody > Wahlberg

Old 01-31-2006, 09:49 PM   #106
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeesh, wahlberg in that movie? that would have been horrible.

and yeah, i know kirstofferson was in it, and liked him in it. I was just saying i wouldn't consider it a kris kristofferson vehicle. that's like saying, "hey, you seen the new kris kristofferson movie, BLADE?"

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-31-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:07 PM   #107
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Broody > Wahlberg
psych (no pun intended). Wahlberg is the better actor.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:16 PM   #108
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
psych (no pun intended). Wahlberg is the better actor.
this is a joke right?

Old 01-31-2006, 11:28 PM   #109
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Well Wahlberg may not be the talk when it comes to Oscars, but you can always count on him to give you a good movie.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 01-31-2006, 11:29 PM   #110
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Well Wahlberg may not be the talk when it comes to Oscars, but you can always count on him to give you a good movie.
we may be looking for different things in a movie

Old 02-01-2006, 08:51 AM   #111
Five-ofan
Guru

I think marky mark is good in most of his movies particularly the italian job but brody is a better actor. Wahlberg just chooses generally more entertaining movies but "lesser films"
Old 02-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #112
Nash13
Diamond Member

And to add on to what 5-0 said, they are 2 style of actors, so you really can't compare them. But Wahlberg is the more accomplished between the two.

~The Salesman
Old 02-01-2006, 01:24 PM   #113
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
yeesh, wahlberg in that movie? that would have been horrible.

and yeah, i know kirstofferson was in it, and liked him in it. I was just saying i wouldn't consider it a kris kristofferson vehicle. that's like saying, "hey, you seen the new kris kristofferson movie, BLADE?"

Brody's the better actor, but I don't know if Wahberg would have made the movie terrible. It would have been different, though. Wally Wahl - I mean Marky Mark was fairly good in 4 brothers. His intensity is just a different quality than Brody. The way the movie was cast, the bad guy was rough/workingclass and the good guy was smooth/bookish (aestheticallly speaking). I imagine if Wahlberg was the good guy that dynamic would have been reversed. It would have been a completely different movie.

. . . And funny about the "so and so's movie" phrase. I would call Blade another Kris Kristofferson movie, even though he wasn't the main character in either. Blade was of course also a "Wesley Snipes movie", and was a "Wesley Snipes vehicle" but not a "Kristofferson vehicle", but if neither of these is a "Krist Kristofferson movie," does that mean actors that haven't gotten leads don't have movies?
Old 02-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #114
sike
The Preacha

freak the mighty

and Simon Birch

Old 02-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #115
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

well, UL, that's not what I'm saying (that non-lead actors don't have movies). I just thought it was interesting for someone to think of "The Jacket' as a Kris Kristofferson movie. Sure, he was in it, but it just sounded weird. I wasn't complaining or anything.

plus, it gave me the perfect opportunity to mention knightley's nipple.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:23 PM   #116
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
I wasn't complaining or anything.
yeah, and I don't mean to be argumentative. I study language development, so find it pretty interesting when people use the same phrase in slightly different ways. I mean, it's the same phrase, we must have learned it from the same or similar sources, we're members of pretty much the same culture, yet we've attributed to the phrase related, but different meanings. (if anyone reading this finds this kind of thing at all interesting, please send me $500,000, cause my advisors grant didn't get funded )

Quote:
heh.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 02-01-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:33 PM   #117
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #118
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, UL, i was in the same boat, i found it interesting.

so this weekend i'm planning to go see the new Q'Orianka Kilcher movie, "The New World"

Old 02-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #119
SaintofKillers

SaintofKillers will become famous soon enoughSaintofKillers will become famous soon enough

Equilibrium
Layer Cake
Primer (one of the best low budget science fiction movies around)
Old 02-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #120
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
yeah, UL, i was in the same boat, i found it interesting.

so this weekend i'm planning to go see the new Q'Orianka Kilcher movie, "The New World"

nice...make sure to let doc know about Colon Ferrel's nipple.