Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-23-2006, 09:35 PM   #81
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
It looked like Richardson cleared out with his left...he might have been fouled before that though.
The Richardson clearout was minimal.... definite good call.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2006, 09:35 PM   #82
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

good pass by Stack...
Old 03-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #83
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

dirk is just unstoppable again tonight
Old 03-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #84
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

that's what stack should be doing...distributing the ball.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #85
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The old fashioned four-point play by Fisher.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #86
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Super spare forgot to block out.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 03-23-2006, 09:37 PM   #87
The Crippler
Diamond Member

and then a turnover by super spare.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:38 PM   #88
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

How many people are going to defect to Texas/WV here in a few minutes?
Old 03-23-2006, 09:38 PM   #89
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

That wasn't 3 seconds by damp. Bullshit.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:39 PM   #90
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

So did Dirk take his +50 pills tonight? It's been awhile since Mashburn and J. Jackson hit 50 on the same night.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:39 PM   #91
Folterkammer

Folterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really niceFolterkammer is just really nice

13 turnovers in one half is just terrible
Old 03-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #92
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

I really can't believe that "amateur" (don't know a better word for it) sport is so huge in america =) (not that it is a bad thing)
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #93
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Fair enough. Nice email, by the way. I think I remember reading it once before. Tough to argue with anything there, except maybe that you did a good enough in the beginning of establishing that Dirk was indeed a go-to guy already, which diminishes your complaint that Nellie set Dirk's development toward *becoming* a go-to guy back by one year.

You also demonstrated how Nellie was able to go to his bread and butter when he needed to, as in the last game of the SAC series. So perhaps Nellie was going counter to the rep he always gets, which is to say that perhaps he was sacrificing regular season wins in an effort to develop a system that would work in the playoffs.

Either way, I think we all can be happy that Dirk seems not to have suffered any long-term effects from the '04 season, and he is now playing as well as or better than anyone else in the NBA.

I kinda doubt that he will win the MVP this year. But I'm pretty certain he will win at least one, and probably more than one, before his career is done.
Fair enough of a complaint. I was saying that the Mavs didn't have a go to guy in 2003-2004 because it was stripped away from him by Nellie. I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't a go to guy caliber player..just that he wasn't the MAVS go to guy simply because Nellie screwed the pooch and decided to remove him from that role in favor of Walker. Follow me? He WAS the definitive go to guy, but that had been stripped by Nellie in 2003-2004 because of his foolish coaching decisions along with whoever made the decision to bring in Walker...
Old 03-23-2006, 09:40 PM   #94
The Crippler
Diamond Member

i agree bookit. he was in there 2 seconds at most...that ref was looking to make a call and take away that posession from Dallas. Bavetta's crew...coincidence?
Old 03-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #95
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

With all our guys out they are even double teaming Marquis on the low post. Too bad there isn't anybody there to hit the outside shot.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:42 PM   #96
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crippler
i agree bookit. he was in there 2 seconds at most...that ref was looking to make a call and take away that posession from Dallas. Bavetta's crew...coincidence?
Its weird that our Bob and Mark didn't notice with the clock winding down so you could easily see he wasn't in there 3 seconds.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:43 PM   #97
Murphy3
Guru

MVP? anyone?
Old 03-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #98
Murphy3
Guru

Too many TO's...too much Stack...Allowing a bit too much to GS's guards.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #99
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

I think we will make a run at the end of the third and then pull away in the fourth
Old 03-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #100
Murphy3
Guru

No offense to Diop and Marshall, but when they're your second and third best players on the court in a half...you know you're in trouble.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #101
chumdawg
Guru

If nothing else, this game is entertaining. How many does Dirk have?
Old 03-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #102
NXperience

24 on 12 shots
Old 03-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #103
Bookit
Diamond Member

Lets hope the Mavs clamp down in the second half.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #104
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Marquis made a nice shot.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #105
Murphy3
Guru

Daniels has hit a couple of mid range jumpers...good to see.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:01 PM   #106
NXperience

I hope the crowd gets an MVP chant started soon ...

go Reaf4MVP ^^

Last edited by NXperience; 03-23-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:01 PM   #107
The Crippler
Diamond Member

nice Marquis, if he can ever make that consistantly...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:02 PM   #108
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

Yeah. If he could ever consistently knock that shot down.

But this is his 3rd year in the league and he still hasn't improved his shot. Personally I think it's a lost cause by now.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:02 PM   #109
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXperience
24 on 12 shots
Outrageous efficiency.

When you think about it, if Dirk is ever going to have a Kobe-esque night, a stretch of injuries like this one is what it is going to take. I guess if Terry were unable to go, we might actually see how many Dirk could score. If we played the Raptors, that is.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:02 PM   #110
Murphy3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXperience
I hope the arena gets an MVP chant started soon ...
The atmosphere is too pathetic at Mavs games for that to happen.. Plus, Humble Billy Hayes would never allow for the spotlight to be off of him long enough to get a chant going.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:02 PM   #111
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Mavs back on top? Niiice...
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:03 PM   #112
Murphy3
Guru

Terry's on fire...him and Marquis have decided to help out.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:03 PM   #113
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Jet's got 15 in 15 minutes.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:04 PM   #114
The Crippler
Diamond Member

unbelievable.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:04 PM   #115
Murphy3
Guru

How can you leave Dirk open from 3?
Old 03-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #116
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Ah...so far my over/under is doing well. I'm very happy to see that we are containing Murphy to the point of irrelevance.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #117
The Crippler
Diamond Member

that's a f'in ridiculous call on marshall.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #118
orangedays
Platinum Member

Dirk's at 27 pts now on 9-13 FGMA, 8-8 FTMA. Outrageous.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #119
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy's a nice player...so yeah, they are doing a good job on him.

Someone has to block out Foyle.. Dirk had Murphy...Who has Foyle?
Old 03-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #120
chumdawg
Guru

Oh, my goodness, Dirk has it going. Get the chant up, fans!