Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-19-2006, 02:02 AM   #81
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
No, it's not. What the hell do I have to be self-rightious about? What on earth makes you think I get my jollies off finding some way to put myself above another poster?

I'm posting in these threads because I am genuinely embarrassed to be a fan of the same team as you and Erica and a few others right now. It's just damn EMBARASSING.

Mike Finley left because he was pushed out the door. To turn him into the freaking villain in all of this is ridiculous.

And yes Dude, a "love tap to the jewels" IS IN FACT as bad as clotheslining someone. In fact, I'll go so far as to say it's worse. At least Raja Bell was a man about it, physially challenged Kobe, and then owned up to it.

Terry, OTOH, tried to sneak it in like a little bitch, and then play dumb afterwards, and then was caught red freaking handed.

And just to say again, this is KILLING me. I love me some Jason Terry. And I'm all for treating Finely like the enemy. But to flip the tables on this and act like Fin did anything wrong in this situation is ridiculous.
You know, that's another element of this thing that really hasn't been discussed. Namely, how Terry responded to it. He didn't say "I was caught up in the heat of the battle." He didn't say "The guy was sitting on my face, and you do NOT sit on my face." He didn't show any defiance, or any toughness. Instead, it was: I don't think I did it, and if in fact I did do it, it wasn't intentional.

C'mon, now. What kind of crap is that? Ain't nobody believe that. At least with Bell it was a rallying cry. It was a guy standing up and saying: You aren't going to get it so easy against our team, as long as I have something to say about it. And what was the result? The Lakers basically bowed out from there, and in Game Seven Kobe didn't even want to take a shot in the second half.

But the company line in this one is: I didn't do it! You can't prove that I did it!

It's a weak move, and everyone knows it. The Spurs know it. Whatever Terry hoped to achieve by his punch to the nuts was negated by his "I don't think I did it" reaction to it. He said himself that the suspension wasn't going to get overturned, so why not man up and say what he really felt at the time?

If there's anything worse than a guy who will take cheap shots, it's a guy who won't own them afterwards. How gutless. As if it wasn't enough that he lets Manu steal the ball right out of his hands in the last minute, he has to go and act like such a slimy defense attorney afterward.

I'm done with this guy. He likes to act tough, with the chest-pounding and all. But when it comes time to BE tough, he punches a guy in the nuts and then denies it. Weak, weak, weak.

I, for one, will be happy that Terry isn't out there in Game Six. I'll feel better about our chances of not turning it over or making a stupid mental mistake in the closing minutes.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2006, 02:03 AM   #82
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickupyonuts
not for the entire season..barely at all. and that doesn't negate the fact that he would not come off our bench.

He never said he wouldn't come off the bench lol. Where are you getting your facts from lol? Fin played on a bad ankle for most of the season. Its been reported even on this site. It made releasing Finley easier because he was all of a sudden becoming more injury prone and he was getting older. But his release was due to the luxury tax being paid on it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:54 AM   #83
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You know, that's another element of this thing that really hasn't been discussed. Namely, how Terry responded to it. He didn't say "I was caught up in the heat of the battle." He didn't say "The guy was sitting on my face, and you do NOT sit on my face." He didn't show any defiance, or any toughness. Instead, it was: I don't think I did it, and if in fact I did do it, it wasn't intentional.

C'mon, now. What kind of crap is that? Ain't nobody believe that. At least with Bell it was a rallying cry. It was a guy standing up and saying: You aren't going to get it so easy against our team, as long as I have something to say about it. And what was the result? The Lakers basically bowed out from there, and in Game Seven Kobe didn't even want to take a shot in the second half.

But the company line in this one is: I didn't do it! You can't prove that I did it!

It's a weak move, and everyone knows it. The Spurs know it. Whatever Terry hoped to achieve by his punch to the nuts was negated by his "I don't think I did it" reaction to it. He said himself that the suspension wasn't going to get overturned, so why not man up and say what he really felt at the time?

If there's anything worse than a guy who will take cheap shots, it's a guy who won't own them afterwards. How gutless. As if it wasn't enough that he lets Manu steal the ball right out of his hands in the last minute, he has to go and act like such a slimy defense attorney afterward.

I'm done with this guy. He likes to act tough, with the chest-pounding and all. But when it comes time to BE tough, he punches a guy in the nuts and then denies it. Weak, weak, weak.

I, for one, will be happy that Terry isn't out there in Game Six. I'll feel better about our chances of not turning it over or making a stupid mental mistake in the closing minutes.

If he is just giving the company line, then wouldn't he be the good soldier in this case? I don't think there is a company line with the team, but I also don't think that Terry is "not-tough" based on what has happened. IMO, you don't cheap-shot a person and own up to it. You deny it. No one wants to be known as a cheap-shot artist, but I can probably name 4 or 5 people off the top of my head that would love to be the guy who close-lined Kobe.

If Terry did take a cheap-shot at Fin -- I still haven't seen any conclusive footage -- then what he did was in the mold of what many NBA players have done in the past. He probably deserves to be dog-piled a bit, but I don't think the man deserves to be crucified and judged as a coward because of it.
jleefilled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:24 AM   #84
veronicamae

veronicamae is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
I'm certainly not saying that, but I do find your stance here to be maybe a tad hypocritical because you were whining about the reffing in games 3 and 4 and now you sit here chiding several Mavs fans doing the same thing. Plus, I doubt even half the message board is claiming that there is a "fix."
I am only laughing about what's happening because the majority of you here did nothing bit complain about how Spurs fans were whining about the officiating as if it were a crime, when, after a loss, many Mavs fans started doing the same thing as if it were perfectly fine. I shouldn't have generalized, I'll apologize for that.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #85
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

This thread is classless. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Fin gave everything he had to this franchise. He stuck with us through years and years of SHIT.

Mark Cuban is a disgrace. The way he treats his players and former players is deplorable. When I heard him turning this all on Finley, it made me want to puke. Hearing his idiotic arguments echoed by his clueless followers is even more repulsive.

Mark Cuban. his fans.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 05-19-2006 at 12:15 PM.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:07 AM   #86
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by madape
This thread is classless. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Fin gave everything he had to this franchise. He stuck with us through years and years of SHIT.

Mark Cuban is a disgrace. The way he treats his players and former players is deplorable. When I heard him turning this all on Finley, it made me want to puke. Hearing his idiotic arguments echoed by his clueless followers is even more repulsive.

Mark Cuban. his fans.
i'd agree to some extent here. cuban's made himself look like a bigger buffoon and really has been classless here. he needs to STFU.

aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #87
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

Quote:

Mark Cuban. his fans.
For that much money I would stay on a no win team ....

Fact is Finley can F' it so can the Spurs. He's now our enemy.

(Although I think Finley was almost nothing as class here )

NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #88
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Finley's a whiney p*ss just like he was in Dallas. Honestly, I barely tolerated him while he was here. I'm glad that the overhyped whiney p*ss is out of Dallas. The Mavs should designate a player to break his f'ing nose once the Mavs have the game wrapped up tonight.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:01 AM   #89
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Finley's a whiney p*ss just like he was in Dallas. Honestly, I barely tolerated him while he was here. I'm glad that the overhyped whiney p*ss is out of Dallas. .
right on...

I thought the phrase "Where's Fin?" took on a whole new meaning over his last two seasons here.

at any rate this is the first time anyone's talked about Finley's juevos in a playoff series in quite sometime.

cheers
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:08 AM   #90
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that Finley *chose* San Antonio is enough to make me turn on him.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #91
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:

Mark Cuban. his fans.

Best post in the thread. Co-sign. I expect a lot more from our owner. Actually, no I don't.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #92
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.fourty.one
The fact that Finley *chose* San Antonio is enough to make me turn on him.

The fact that Mark Cuban *chose* to release Finley gave Fin the right to go with any contender he chose. Because he was released Fin should take a backseat and not attempt to get a ring from other team?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:20 PM   #93
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

first of all do you really think finley would have brought anything to the table this year?

and no it doesnt mean take a backseat, but he shouldn't expect dallas fans love as a spur. he's the enemy now.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #94
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

This is my take. Finley did what many people in the business world would do. If you get fired or layed off and a competetor of the business that fired you offered you a job wouldn't you take it just to stick it to your old boss? I would. I do not hold that against him at all. It's not that I hate Finley, I just hate the Spurs and always will. If I were at the game I would boo all Spurs at all times.

Later,
Flip
Flip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #95
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
first of all do you really think finley would have brought anything to the table this year?

and no it doesnt mean take a backseat, but he shouldn't expect dallas fans love as a spur. he's the enemy now.

I'm not debating the move to release Finley. That's been here and done that. What i'm saying is if you are upset that Finley signed with the Spurs well you have no one to thank for that but Cuban. I'm not upset he's a Spur. It just doesn't bother me. I don't think Finley expects Mavs fans to love him. I think he just wants respect from Mavs fans and rightfully so. Say what you want about him but he gave this team a foundation to work with. He made it a lot easier for Dirk and Nash to become superstars. Not giving Fin credit for that but just imagine how hard the transition would be for Dirk had he stayed a Buck? Having to learn the game from Glenn Robinson.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:33 PM   #96
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Finley was pushed out the door because he refused to do the little things this past year. What role would he have when he shouldn't be the starter but refused to do the little things required to be more of a role player? Finley was a puss last year. He had to be called out on multiple occasions and it was reported that he threw a tantrum because he wasn't happy with his role.

Screw Finley.

And for Madape to call anyone classless is the biggest load of shit that this board has ever seen.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-19-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #97
Flip41

Flip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the roughFlip41 is a jewel in the rough

Hey The BIG DOG was good in his day. Dirk would be dominant anywhere, maybe not as quick with the Bucks but he would still be dominant. That would be a damn good Buck team. I credit Nash mostly with Dirk learning the game. He was the one would provided all those open jumpers.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:35 PM   #98
101 6 7

101 6 7 will become famous soon enough101 6 7 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
WTF? Mavs fans are acting like Spurs fans now. I'm sorry but i'm embarassed at the classless comments made toward Finley by Mavs fans. God forbid Dirk ever gets traded or signs with another team.
No it's idiot fans acting like idiot fans. Every team has them. There are people in SA who don't want Avery's jersey in the rafters now: Pathetic.

I'm proud of Avery.
I'm proud of Fin.
I'm proud of the Spurs.
I'm proud for the Mavs.

F**k the NBA.
101 6 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #99
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Finley was pushed out the door because he refused to do the little things this past year. What role would he have when he shouldn't be the starter but refused to do the little things required to be more of a role player? Finley was a puss last year. He had to be called out on multiple occasions and it was reported that he threw a tantrum because he wasn't happy with his role.

Screw Finley.

And for Madape to call anyone classless is the biggest load of shit that this board has ever seen.

Finley was released due to his contract. Nothing more nothing less. Atleast that's what Cuban fed us. And it seems Fin is doing the little things for the Spurs. Fin just didn't fit in AJ's plans. Fin was 33 years old. The Mavs expected him to do things people 10 years younger than him couldn't even do.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #100
fluid.forty.one

I respect what he did in dallas, but I will not cheer for him as a spur. call it stubbornness but I would have cheered for him if he was on any team besides the spurs or suns. even if they played the mavs, I wouldnt boo him.

but he is a spur.. and he deserves booing. and to be honest I do not think he has not shown any dignity this series. from his self-pity quotes earlier in the series, to the overreation to a close fisted push from jet (i would have done the same thing as a reflex if i was jet), he is just annoying me.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #101
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 6 7
No it's idiot fans acting like idiot fans. Every team has them. There are people in SA who don't want Avery's jersey in the rafters now: Pathetic.

I'm proud of Avery.
I'm proud of Fin.
I'm proud of the Spurs.
I'm proud for the Mavs.

F**k the NBA.

Damn. Well I guess I shouldn't feel so bad now since there are guys who actually don't want AJ's jersey in the rafters just because he's coaching for the opposing team lol. You have guys mad at Finley for getting punched in the balls by Terry and you have guys in San Antonio who are mad at AJ for winning games. Wow lol.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #102
Flip41

This is what a NBA playoff series is all about. Remember the Knicks/Heat series. Man that had some hate in it. I love this. Bring the hate it's good entertainment.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #103
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Did Avery ever do anything worthy of getting his jersey in the rafters in San Antonio? I'm not hating on Avery, but I don't think San Antonio should have to hang Avery's jersey.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #104
Flip41

No huge stats just a great leader. We have Brad Davis's jersey hanging in our rafters. Is he worthy? Rolando is definatly worthy, but Brad. I don't know. You tell me.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:51 PM   #105
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

We have Brad Davis in our rafters. So from my perspective yea AJ deserves to have his jersey up there. He was the starting point for the championship and not to mention he hit the gamewinner. I never saw him play in San Antonio but i'm willing to bet that Spurs fans thought he deserved his jersey in the rafters before this series started. They're crying now because they are a game away from going fishing.

Last edited by Dtownsfinest; 05-19-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:53 PM   #106
101 6 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip41
This is what a NBA playoff series is all about. Remember the Knicks/Heat series. Man that had some hate in it. I love this. Bring the hate it's good entertainment.
The ones mad at AJ are griping about his "whining" about Bowen's "Bear Hug" defense.

I think your right, probably. They just don't want him to win. I think it's incredible. Undrafted point guard from nowhere U Louisianna....all the way to starting PG on an NBA Champ, multimillionaire, COTY, to.........all the while being humble and giving credit to his creator. He's David Robinson with more heart and 12 fewer inches (in height).
Old 05-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #107
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid that Cuban's comments about Finley yesterday may have served to awaken the Flying Tiger. I'm expecting Fin to go off for twenty tonight.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #108
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I'm afraid that Cuban's comments about Finley yesterday may have served to awaken the Flying Tiger. I'm expecting Fin to go off for twenty tonight.

no way.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #109
101 6 7

Quote:
Did Avery ever do anything worthy of getting his jersey in the rafters in San Antonio? I'm not hating on Avery, but I don't think San Antonio should have to hang Avery's jersey.
He's all time-assists leader; DID hit the game winner; Him, Sean and David (whose jerseys are already up there) are THE most beloved Spurs of all time - he got a good 10 minute standing "O" when he returned for the 1st time after signing with Denver.

No question his jersey will get retired. People are just idiots.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #110
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but Brad Davis might be the worst player ever to have his name in the rafters. I would wager that a good chunk of the NBA thinks it is kind of laughable that he has his number in the rafters. Do you think the Celtics would have a Brad Davis jersey in the rafters? No. If they did put a player of his caliber up, they wouldn't have any space left up there.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #111
fluid.forty.one

do the spurs fans expect him to throw the series to show his loyalty to them? not sure how they could possibly be mad at him for trying to win.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #112
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Yeah, but Brad Davis might be the worst player ever to have his name in the rafters. I would wager that a good chunk of the NBA thinks it is kind of laughable that he has his number in the rafters. Do you think the Celtics would have a Brad Davis jersey in the rafters? No. If they did put a player of his caliber up, they wouldn't have any space left up there.

i think they should retire bradley as a joke.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #113
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

I don't think the Mavs can afford to have Finley go off for 20 as well as Duncan, Ginobilli and Parker play as well as they have the past two games. Aren't they averaging a good 80 points these past two games? I hope bashing Finley doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #114
101 6 7

Quote:
do the spurs fans expect him to throw the series to show his loyalty to them? not sure how they could possibly be mad at him for trying to win.
There are apparently Mavs fans mad at Finley for that. Like I said: Idiots.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:09 PM   #115
101 6 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Duncan, Ginobilli and Parker.... Aren't they averaging a good 80 points these past two games?
Yes, and as a Spurs fan, it is damned scary that that isn't necessarily enough. An MVP and two all-stars, all playing like it as well as a 1st team all-defense guy bringing it as well!
That means absolutely that:

1) The Spurs are playing rare-elite basketball seldom seen in ANY series ANY year; would sweep 95% of playoff teams 95% of the time with very talented, experienced studs like that are kicking it AT THE SAME TIME.

AND

2) The Mavericks are playing at least that good.

I'm telling you. The Spurs have been 1 or two in the league for nearly a decade now; and this Spurs team would beat any other Spurs team (except the '99 one - with a still spry Robinson, but I digress) - meaning this is easily a very good to incredible championship quality Spurs team. This is a series for the ages. I hope the Spurs can give us another game.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #116
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Screw Finley.

You an Cuban are like two peas in a pod. You're both pissy little bitches. Both of you are starved for attention. Neither of you knows shit about basketball.

Cuban is a billionaire, so I guess we're all required to listen to what he has to say. You don't have shit. I'm not sure why I even read your posts anymore.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #117
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 6 7
Yes, and as a Spurs fan, it is damned scary that that isn't necessarily enough. An MVP and two all-stars, all playing like it as well as a 1st team all-defense guy bringing it as well!
That means absolutely that:

1) The Spurs are playing rare-elite basketball seldom seen in ANY series ANY year; would sweep 95% of playoff teams 95% of the time with very talented, experienced studs like that are kicking it AT THE SAME TIME.

AND

2) The Mavericks are playing at least that good.

I'm telling you. The Spurs have been 1 or two in the league for nearly a decade now; and this Spurs team would beat any other Spurs team (except the '99 one - with a still spry Robinson, but I digress) - meaning this is easily a very good to incredible championship quality Spurs team. This is a series for the ages. I hope the Spurs can give us another game.
i was worried that the public (with the downfall of nba tv ratings the past few years) wouldn't notice how incredibly amazing this series is, but apparently game 5 beat out american idol. that's a huge feat and i'm glad people watched the game, even though the mavs lost.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #118
101 6 7

Quote:
..game 5 beat out american idol.
NOW we ALL have our conspiracy theory.

I've said all along the only conspiracy which MIGHT exist would be one to extend the series.

Questionable calls games 3 & 4 (not picking a fight, Mavs fans, just Oliver Stoning)

Terry out for Game 6....

adds up to....

A Game 7 Ratings bonanza (where all are allowed to play, and is the first game of the series called straight up - the better team advances)

BTW; it should be noted that Detroit & Cleveland could lead off the double header!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 05-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #119
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Honestly, I don't see how you can have Brad DAvis' jersey up there and not Shawn Bradley's. Isn't Bradley a top 10 shot blocker of all time?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:37 PM   #120
fluid.forty.one

i'd like to think that game 2 was called straight up

and the better team dominated