Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #81
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
So you're saying that the +14 was what, a statistical error? What do you think that was? What do you think AJ's rationale was for keeping a player on the bench when his mere presence on the floor was enough to give the Mavs an edge?
So AJ just had a mental lapse and forgot he was on the bench???? No one said it was a statistical error, what I'm saying is it's a calculation of the game that OBVIOUSLY didn't have much credence to the HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM!!!! If HE didn't see the importance of Damp being on the floor, you can break down statiscally all you want how beneficial it is for him to be out there.

Darrel Armstrong got two rebounds in seven minutes. That's 0.27 rebounds per minute which is almost as good as Damp's 0.30 per minute in the first game. If you put him in the game the entire time, that averages out to almost 11 rebounds, I don't see how Avery Johnson missed that......
Knickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #82
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever
orange, let me try some of your debate strategy.

your an idiot
Well, it's "you're" an idiot...contraction of "you...are" but that's beside the point.

Aside from opinion, you still haven't been able to offer anything to back up your claim that Diop > Dampier.

Any statistical evidence? Anything beyond just what You think? Obviously you are very convinced of your argument, I'd really like to know why.

I'm going to sleep now so that will give you a while to think it through.

Good luck!
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:42 PM   #83
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickfan
So AJ just had a mental lapse and forgot he was on the bench???? No one said it was a statistical error, what I'm saying is it's a calculation of the game that OBVIOUSLY didn't have much credence to the HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM!!!! If HE didn't see the importance of Damp being on the floor, you can break down statiscally all you want how beneficial it is for him to be out there.

Darrel Armstrong got two rebounds in seven minutes. That's 0.27 rebounds per minute which is almost as good as Damp's 0.30 per minute in the first game. If you put him in the game the entire time, that averages out to almost 11 rebounds, I don't see how Avery Johnson missed that......
Are you confusing +/- stats with per-48 minute stats? I'll assume you were joking.

So you're saying...statistics have no bearing on the game? AJ doesn't ever make mistakes? You must be right, after all we did win Game 1...

oh...

shoot.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:42 PM   #84
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So AJ just had a mental lapse and forgot he was on the bench???? No one said it was a statistical error, what I'm saying is it's a calculation of the game that OBVIOUSLY didn't have much credence to the HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM!!!!If HE didn't see the importance of Damp being on the floor, you can break down statiscally all you want how beneficial it is for him to be out there.
Well crap, I guess AJ is truly perfect then. Avery Johnson is the head coach, therefore he is never wrong...

Screw stats then.... they're meaningless.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #85
Knickfan

Knickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the roughKnickfan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Well crap, I guess AJ is truly perfect then. Avery Johnson is the head coach, therefore he is never wrong...

Screw stats then.... they're meaningless.
Did you hear me say that???!!!! Essentially the point I'm trying to get across to you is stats tell ONLY half the story. If I wanted to look at solely stats, Damp would be worthless. If I wanted to look at stats solely a 6'11" center who averages 6.4 rebounds a game and 4.9 points a game during the regular season is NOTHING!!!!! IF I were to look at stats solely, but you can't when you're looking at Damp. His size accounts for a lot, changing shots, etc. etc. So if you wanted to rely solely on stats, then I don't see a need for him to ever leave the bench.

So if you want to say AJ is not on the sideline saying, "Well over the course of the game, Damp made us 14+ points better let's keep him in." NO, he's looking at the flow of the game and who's making an actual impact on the game, he's not looking for some stat to PROVE a player should be out there and that's what that stat you all keep talking about tells me.

I never said AJ is perfect BUT I might be crazy for saying this, but I believe the coach of the year just MIGHT have a better idea of what is best for the mavericks. Call me crazy, but he just MIGHT have an idea.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #86
Knickfan

Quote:
Are you confusing +/- stats with per-48 minute stats? I'll assume you were joking.
I was using the 48 minute statement to make a point, not as a point of comparison.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #87
Knickfan

Quote:
So you're saying...statistics have no bearing on the game? AJ doesn't ever make mistakes? You must be right, after all we did win Game 1...

oh...

shoot.
Yes I said stats have no bearing on the game, that's exactly what I said and that's what I meant too! I've said in every post so far that AJ never makes mistakes also! Since the Mavs lost game 1, he should be fired, they should get rid of this guy, he has NO CLUE!!!!!!

Oh and since you all seem to have a hard time understanding things, what I just wrote was sarcasm.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:58 PM   #88
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you hear me say that???!!!! Essentially the point I'm trying to get across to you is stats tell ONLY half the story. If I wanted to look at solely stats, Damp would be worthless. If I wanted to look at stats solely a 6'11" center who averages 6.4 rebounds a game and 4.9 points a game during the regular season is NOTHING!!!!! IF I were to look at stats solely, but you can't when you're looking at Damp. His size accounts for a lot, changing shots, etc. etc. So if you wanted to rely solely on stats, then I don't see a need for him to ever leave the bench.

So if you want to say AJ is not on the sideline saying, "Well over the course of the game, Damp made us 14+ points better let's keep him in." NO, he's looking at the flow of the game and who's making an actual impact on the game, he's not looking for some stat to PROVE a player should be out there and that's what that stat you all keep talking about tells me.

I never said AJ is perfect BUT I might be crazy for saying this, but I believe the coach of the year just MIGHT have a better idea of what is best for the mavericks. Call me crazy, but he just MIGHT have an idea.
And what were the results of that game btw?

AJ's made PLENTY of mistakes during his tenure here.

You think Erick Dampier didn't impact the game when he was on the floor? You're wrong. And if AJ didn't see that, so was he.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #89
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays
Well, it's "you're" an idiot...contraction of "you...are" but that's beside the point.

Aside from opinion, you still haven't been able to offer anything to back up your claim that Diop > Dampier.

Any statistical evidence? Anything beyond just what You think? Obviously you are very convinced of your argument, I'd really like to know why.

Good luck!

ok, i will, but i cant right now because i am going to the lake this weekend. gotta get the old boat ready cuz i havent caught a fish in months. thanx for the grammar lesson. i spotted a couple of errors in your post to me and you have all weekend to find them.

go mavs
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #90
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Yes I said stats have no bearing on the game, that's exactly what I said and that's what I meant too! I've said in every post so far that AJ never makes mistakes also! Since the Mavs lost game 1, he should be fired, they should get rid of this guy, he has NO CLUE!!!!!!

Oh and since you all seem to have a hard time understanding things, what I just wrote was sarcasm.
That may be sarcasm, but it's moreless what you've been saying.

It's always "HE'S THE HEAD COACH!!!! HE KNOWS BETTER THAN YOU!!!!!" as if his decisions are above critique.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:03 PM   #91
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
That may be sarcasm, but it's moreless what you've been saying.

It's always "HE'S THE HEAD COACH!!!! HE KNOWS BETTER THAN YOU!!!!!" as if his decisions are above critique.

hey spiral, orange would prefer you to use the words "more or less", not "moreless".

thanks

Last edited by mav4ever; 05-26-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #92
orangedays
Platinum Member

Thanks to Knickfan and mav4ever for the show.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:06 PM   #93
Knickfan

Quote:
And what were the results of that game btw?

AJ's made PLENTY of mistakes during his tenure here.

You think Erick Dampier didn't impact the game when he was on the floor? You're wrong. And if AJ didn't see that, so was he
So what you're saying is Damp should have been on the floor more and the Mavs would have won right????? NO ONE said AJ hasn't made mistakes, NO ONE, well atleast I didn't say that BUT with all his mistakes he coached a team to the second best record in the western conference and has his team in the western conference finals and you're going to say HE MADE A MISTAKE BY NOT putting Dampier on the floor????

Again I didn't say Dampier didn't have an impact, I NEVER said that at all. Let me clarify for you again what I said. I said if he made THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE don't you think Avery would have gotten him more minutes??? Well maybe he missed that first game, but we'll see this game because I'm sure he's aware of this difference Damp made after watching alot of tape SO Damp should get atleast 25 minutes tonight barring foul trouble. So I'm going to watch tonight just to see how many more minutes Damp gets, since he's the difference maker.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #94
Knickfan

[QUOTE][That may be sarcasm, but it's moreless what you've been saying.

It's always "HE'S THE HEAD COACH!!!! HE KNOWS BETTER THAN YOU!!!!!" as if his decisions are above critique./QUOTE]

Well he is the head coach and he is the head coach of the year and he did coach a team to the second best record this year too, so sorry for believing he has a better idea of what to do than what any of us may think. I'm so WRONG for thinking that way!!!!

Also OF COURSE we can critique him, that's the purpose of these boards to vent and say what we think. In saying that, if someone doesn't agree with your logic or say "maybe the HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM was right" doesn't meant I'm DUMB or a MORON either! It's funny, this entire thread I've been called several things but I haven't called anyone anything eventhough you all don't agree with me.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:13 PM   #95
mav4ever

Quote:
So what you're saying is Damp should have been on the floor more and the Mavs would have won right????? NO ONE said AJ hasn't made mistakes, NO ONE, well atleast I didn't say that BUT with all his mistakes he coached a team to the second best record in the western conference and has his team in the western conference finals and you're going to say HE MADE A MISTAKE BY NOT putting Dampier on the floor????

Again I didn't say Dampier didn't have an impact, I NEVER said that at all. Let me clarify for you again what I said. I said if he made THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE don't you think Avery would have gotten him more minutes??? Well maybe he missed that first game, but we'll see this game because I'm sure he's aware of this difference Damp made after watching alot of tape SO Damp should get atleast 25 minutes tonight barring foul trouble. So I'm going to watch tonight just to see how many more minutes Damp gets, since he's the difference maker.

lol. just imagine how awsome the mavs would be if we could elect orange and spiral into the coaching staff.

you guys could do better, right?

of course you would.

hava great weekend everyone!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #96
mav4ever

an interesting point in the damp debate:

here are some players earning less than damp this year

1. terry
2. stack
3. daniels
4. griff
5. howard
6. diop
7. harris
8. mbenga
9. armstrong
10. powell

only two players on the team make more

and whats even funnier:

he is slated under contract to get a raise every year till 2012

Last edited by mav4ever; 05-26-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #97
orangedays
Platinum Member

Howard also makes much much less than almost every other player on the team because he's still playing on his rookie contract. Hilarious? Or how the NBA salary system works?

Don't compare Damp's salary to other Mavericks, compare his salary to other big men. Get back to us.

Last edited by orangedays; 05-26-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #98
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well he is the head coach and he is the head coach of the year and he did coach a team to the second best record this year too, so sorry for believing he has a better idea of what to do than what any of us may think. I'm so WRONG for thinking that way!!!!
That's NOT what you've been saying. I'm sure that AJ has a better idea of what to do on a basketball court than we do. Buuuuut...does that mean he doesn't make mistakes? Noooo...If you're going to have a discussion on AJ - I would say the best defense to someone's argument wouldn't be, "Well he's the head coach!" a la post #76. And uh...#81. Did I hear you say that?

Quote:
I see it, everyone here is SO MUCH SMARTER than Avery Johnson, I get it.
Quote:
If HE (AJ) didn't see the importance of Damp being on the floor, you can break down statiscally all you want how beneficial it is for him to be out there.
In a discussion, you don't repeatedly crutch on what happened and say, "Hey, it happened this way, he must have KNOWN what he was doing...so uh...scoreboard!"

AJ f*cked up. Deal with it.

Quote:
Also OF COURSE we can critique him, that's the purpose of these boards to vent and say what we think. In saying that, if someone doesn't agree with your logic or say "maybe the HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM was right" doesn't meant I'm DUMB or a MORON either! It's funny, this entire thread I've been called several things but I haven't called anyone anything eventhough you all don't agree with me.
I'm pretty sure I always gave you an option of either being dumb, or in denial. You never made a choice. I came to that conclusion based on the 'veracity' of your arguments. If you can come up with something, anything more concrete than, "Dude! AJ did it! I'm right!", well that would be splendid.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:10 PM   #99
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
So wait. Let me get this straight. What is the correlation between his coaching prior to last night's game and his coaching during last night's game? None. He has made numerous errors over the course of both the regular season and in the playoffs. Just because we got this far does not mean that AJ knows exactly what he is doing all the time. You understand that right? Because that's what you're saying. Withdraw at any time. So yes, I'm going to say he made a mistake by not putting Dampier on the floor for more minutes. And you're going to have to come up with a better reason WHY that wasn't a mistake than simply, "he coached his team to the second best record in the western conference and has his team in the western conference finals". Because, well, that's not a reason at all.

Quote:
Again I didn't say Dampier didn't have an impact, I NEVER said that at all. Let me clarify for you again what I said. I said if he made THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE don't you think Avery would have gotten him more minutes???
THAT IS WHERE AJ F*CKED UP. How difficult is it for you to understand? Your circular logic is painfully evident to all but you and your dear dear friend mav4ever. +14. Do you understand what that means? +14 = big impact. The fact that he didn't get more playing time is a bad decision on AJ's part. THAT is what we are discussing. You don't have an argument on whether a coach made a bad decision by saying, "well if he made the decision, then it couldn't have been a bad decision!" How do you not see the craptacular rationale behind such a statement?

Quote:
Well maybe he missed that first game, but we'll see this game because I'm sure he's aware of this difference Damp made after watching alot of tape SO Damp should get atleast 25 minutes tonight barring foul trouble. So I'm going to watch tonight just to see how many more minutes Damp gets, since he's the difference maker.
I, too, shall be watching the game Knickfan.

Last edited by orangedays; 05-26-2006 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:16 PM   #100
mav4ever

Quote:
Howard also makes much much less than almost every other player on the team because he's still playing on his rookie contract. Hilarious? Or how the NBA salary system works?

Don't compare Damp's salary to other Mavericks, compare his salary to other big men. Get back to us.

are you watching?

yea diop is no damp, hes much better and quicker and you are gonna start to look goofy if you continue to deny the obvious

Last edited by mav4ever; 05-26-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #101
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

There aren't a lot of $70MM players who can't find the court, when completely healthy, in the conference finals.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:28 PM   #102
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
are you watching?

yea diop is no damp, hes much better and quicker and you are gonna start to look goofy if you continue to deny the obvious
He's much BETTER? That's been your argument all along, duh. You don't settle an argument over whether a player is better than another player by SAYING he's better, do you get that at all? I'm asking you for evidence. Any sort of evidence.

And, look. Let's use your logic. If Diop is better than Dampier, why did Damp play more minutes during the regular season? Why is Damp getting significantly more minutes a game than Diop? Do you even have any idea what you are talking about?
Old 05-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #103
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

OD, if that's how you settle it (minutes played), how do you reconcile tonight? Dampier hasn't seen the court at all. Are minutes played any sort of evidence? Further, is the fact that a guy can't play AT ALL in a conference finals game any sort of evidence.

Please advise.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #104
orangedays
Platinum Member

That's certainly not how I reconcile it. Read the previous posts in this thread and you'll understand (hopefully) why I wrote that.

Damp's play will be crucial in the NBA Finals. You know it too.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #105
chumdawg
Guru

Who said anything about the NBA Finals? We are playing the Western Conference Finals right now. And Dampier is so far in this game a healthy scratch.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:56 PM   #106
mav4ever

wow, the finals huh, well i hope so but i think your getting ahead of yourself. if diop plays well, we can get there. we will not if he does not.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:16 PM   #107
mav4ever

oh yea, do you mean damps, the word "damp's" is a contraction of the two words, damp is, so you might consider that old goose and gander thingy, whatever that is, i cant remember, probably cuz i am so stupid. is that that the correction you applied to me in post #82, lol, your a smart feller huh, lol!!!!

the most important part of setting a trap, is not stepping in it! lmao

p.s. just to let you know, you just got tagged, now you better go edit that post so you dont look as silly as you do right now to everyone who reads this, lol, sorry buddy, tommorow will be better, but this whole thing is just going down the crapper for ya!!!!!

Last edited by mav4ever; 05-26-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #108
mav4ever

Quote:

Good luck!

see, lol!!!!!

mav4ever is submitting this as evidence that orangedays is having a bad day

Last edited by mav4ever; 05-26-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:23 PM   #109
mav4ever

Quote:
That's certainly not how I reconcile it. Read the previous posts in this thread and you'll understand (hopefully) why I wrote that.

Damp's play will be crucial in the NBA Finals. You know it too.

unbelievable

mav4ever is submitting item #2 as evidence that orangedays thinks he's (note the punctuation od) smarter than everyone else, and when a person tries to prove his smarts, it sometimes does not work out . in fact, it sometimes does more harm than good!!!!

Last edited by mav4ever; 05-26-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:41 PM   #110
mav4ever

the game just ended and diop did a much better job clogging the middle, when they drove the lane tonight, the intruder on many occasions would just pull a u turn, and he is much better at getting back in time to contest the speed attack of the suns. lets have more diop for game 3 and we just maight can get another one!!!!!

LETS GO MAVERICKS!!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #111
Knickfan

Quote:
In a discussion, you don't repeatedly crutch on what happened and say, "Hey, it happened this way, he must have KNOWN what he was doing...so uh...scoreboard!"

AJ f*cked up. Deal with it.
AJ must have fucked tonight, Dampier no minutes at all. Damp really had an impact, so as you said he didn't play that much and AJ made a mistake and THAT'S the reason they lost. So what does AJ do tonight, he doesn't play Damp at ALL and play Diop for 31 minutes!!!! HMMMMMM so that stat you all were talking so much about, must have made a hell of a difference because as a result he got NO minutes tonight!!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:44 PM   #112
chumdawg
Guru

How many guys in the history of the league have been signed to a $73MM contract and been a HEALTHY SCRATCH in a conference finals game? How many? Hell, even a single playoff game?
Old 05-26-2006, 10:48 PM   #113
mav4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
How many guys in the history of the league have been signed to a $73MM contract and been a HEALTHY SCRATCH in a conference finals game? How many? Hell, even a single playoff game?

WOW!!!!!!! probably the single most telling statement in this thread. it hurts, but it's true.

p.s. i am sure glad they did it though, or i really think it would be 0-2.

Last edited by mav4ever; 05-26-2006 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:50 PM   #114
Knickfan

Quote:
And, look. Let's use your logic. If Diop is better than Dampier, why did Damp play more minutes during the regular season? Why is Damp getting significantly more minutes a game than Diop? Do you even have any idea what you are talking about?
We'll see how many more minutes Damp gets than Diop now!!!!!! Damp plays 16 minutes and Mavericks lost, Diop gets 31 minutes and Mavs win. Also don't forget, Diop still has the broken nose from the Spurs series. Again, I'm sure that HAD nothing do with Diop not playing in the first game.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:57 PM   #115
Knickfan

After tonight, I'm done with this thread...I've heard how AJ fucked up by NOT putting Damp in, that's why they lost. I've heard how dumb I am for not recognizing things, I've heard about how the Mavs were 14+ when Damp was on the floor, etc. etc. etc. I simply say, well let's see what happens tonight then, let's see if Avery recognized his mistake. Well he did, he didn't play DAMP AT ALL!!! This guy who is such a difference maker. This guy who is one of the better centers in the league doesn't play ONE SINGLE MINUTE but yet he's so important? I spend a day saying, he's not THAT important and I get called dumb, I don't know the Mavericks, I don't know anything, etc. etc. I say "maybe the head coach knows a thing or two." Then I'm told that's my only crutch, etc. etc. Well I used that because you two (and you know who you are) didn't want to listen to MY imput so I decided to refer to the HEAD COACH (which was so out of line of me!). Then what happens tonight, the guy you two have spent the entire day telling me how important and significant doesn't get one minute in a trivial playoff game???!!!!!! Oh but I'm the dumb one... MY ARGUMENT IS SETTLED!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 11:00 PM   #116
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

edit.....this thread is unfortunate.

Last edited by Drbio; 05-26-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #117
mav4ever

Quote:
He's much BETTER? That's been your argument all along, duh. You don't settle an argument over whether a player is better than another player by SAYING he's better, do you get that at all? I'm asking you for evidence. Any sort of evidence.

ok, here is some evidence, thats what your asking for right?

game 1: damp plays and the center position of the suns scores 34pts
damp plays and the suns score 74 pts in the paint
damp plays and gets 0 blocks
damp plays and gets 5 rebounds

game 2: diop plays and the center position of the suns scores 25 pts
diop plays and the suns score 46 pts in the paint
diop plays and gets 2 blocks
diop plays and gets 11 rebounds

ok my orange little buddy, listed above is the evidence you were all hung up on, anything else?
Old 05-26-2006, 11:13 PM   #118
mav4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
edit.....this thread is unfortunate.
hey doc, whats really unfortunate is when you state your opinion here, you get called stupid, thats the only reason your buds gettin tagged, he should learn to respect others and, perhaps, he will get the same in return. until then, he is an ez target for anyone that feels like not putting up with his bullshit.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:21 AM   #119
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After tonight, I'm done with this thread...I've heard how AJ fucked up by NOT putting Damp in, that's why they lost. I've heard how dumb I am for not recognizing things, I've heard about how the Mavs were 14+ when Damp was on the floor, etc. etc. etc. I simply say, well let's see what happens tonight then, let's see if Avery recognized his mistake. Well he did, he didn't play DAMP AT ALL!!! This guy who is such a difference maker. This guy who is one of the better centers in the league doesn't play ONE SINGLE MINUTE but yet he's so important? I spend a day saying, he's not THAT important and I get called dumb, I don't know the Mavericks, I don't know anything, etc. etc. I say "maybe the head coach knows a thing or two." Then I'm told that's my only crutch, etc. etc. Well I used that because you two (and you know who you are) didn't want to listen to MY imput so I decided to refer to the HEAD COACH (which was so out of line of me!). Then what happens tonight, the guy you two have spent the entire day telling me how important and significant doesn't get one minute in a trivial playoff game???!!!!!! Oh but I'm the dumb one... MY ARGUMENT IS SETTLED!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a knucklehead. And Avery also said that phoenix has chewed up teams that played their big 5 all year. So he played a more mobile big man tonight ( a "smaller one") as it were. But in game 7 against the spurs that "small center" didn't play at all until damp fouled out.

I'm glad you are done with this thread because it's stupid.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:26 AM   #120
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ok, here is some evidence, thats what your asking for right?

game 1: damp plays and the center position of the suns scores 34pts
damp plays and the suns score 74 pts in the paint
damp plays and gets 0 blocks
damp plays and gets 5 rebounds
17minutes he played knucklehead. Of course diop played 10 so he gets some of that as well.

Quote:
game 2: diop plays and the center position of the suns scores 25 pts
diop plays and the suns score 46 pts in the paint
diop plays and gets 2 blocks
diop plays and gets 11 rebounds
Diop plays 31 minutes and the mavs got back in transition all night. But they did NOT in game 1.

Stats are good things if you don't pull an enron with them.

Quote:
ok my orange little buddy, listed above is the evidence you were all hung up on, anything else?
Yea there is a lot "else" because you haven't found anything yet.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote