Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-19-2006, 02:26 AM   #81
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimBig
Sick of the AJ hate on this board. AJ's been a class act since he's been here and you guys think "his true colors" are out now after a heartbreaking, frustrating loss? Gimme a freakin' break man.
I don't think anyone here hates AJ, (Chum might have him slotted, but that's for another time) but right is right and wrong is wrong.

I personally think he lost him temper, which anyone is allowed to do at times. But I hope I hear about an apology over this.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2006, 02:26 AM   #82
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Ah yes...I forget that humiliating other people has taken the shape of comedy in our society.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:26 AM   #83
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Poppovich was an absolute jerk to one of the SA press guys in a press conference after Game 7. Who the fuck cares? They're pissed an emotional. I think some of you forget NBA players and coaches are human beings.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:27 AM   #84
g30hd3

g30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the rough

Turning our centers into a bunch of foul machines just isn't working. They're putting us over the limit way too early... ended up chipping away the lead we had.
g30hd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:27 AM   #85
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
Fine. I'll give you a "maybe" so that we can all move on

Quick question though. As Mav fan to Mav fan.... who made a bigger mistake? Avery? or Bennett F***ing Salvatore?
Well duh! Salvatore's parents. For having sex. Around 90 years ago. And not using some primitive form of protection.

If I see Dan Crawford Tuesday...I'm not even going to watch the game.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:29 AM   #86
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Poppovich was an absolute jerk to one of the SA press guys in a press conference after Game 7. Who the fuck cares? They're pissed an emotional. I think some of you forget NBA players and coaches are human beings.
I think humans are allowed to be held to certain standards.

I don't think anyone has said Avery should be taken out and stoned. The fact is he make a mistake. He made a poor decision. It happens. I don't think any less of him, but I do wish it hadn't happened.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 06-19-2006, 02:29 AM   #87
victornewman

victornewman is on a distinguished road

The players and head coach "have to" speak to the media or be fined by the NBA.
When is the last time you heard a member of the media actually ask an intelligent question???
Avery is pissed and rightfully so.
If Avery had acted the same way as he had in the previous 2 losses, I would have been extremely disappointed in him.
I like his spunk. (Or passion for a better word.)
It wasn't Avery that lost this game for us tonight...... that responsibility would fall to our so called "Super Star."
victornewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:31 AM   #88
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Clearly you and I have different understandings about a journalist's role. I wish you the best.
You think the journalists are supposed to ask the boring and mundane? Other journalists seemed to skirt the issue just fine until Fast Eddie came in with his "hard-hitting" question. Yeah, maybe we do have different understandings about their role. I guess that's why I had no interest to get into journalism despite a vested interest in sports.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:32 AM   #89
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
Well duh! Salvatore's parents. For having sex. Around 90 years ago. And not using some primitive form of protection.

lol... good call my man
Old 06-19-2006, 02:33 AM   #90
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

Okay...I'm going to bed. Later all.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:35 AM   #91
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I think humans are allowed to be held to certain standards.

I don't think anyone has said Avery should be taken out and stoned. The fact is he make a mistake. He made a poor decision. It happens. I don't think any less of him, but I do wish it hadn't happened.
I wouldn't have any problem if Avery apologized, and I wouldn't have any problem if he didn't. Unless you've apologized for every time you've ever been rude to someone cause you were angry, I really think you're in absolutely no position to judge.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-19-2006 at 02:35 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:36 AM   #92
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I brought protection!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:40 AM   #93
sly
Banned

sly can only hope to improve

Quote:
For all of you who didn't have a chance to see Avery's post game conference, he pretty much was a complete jerk to Eddie Sefko. Sefko asks AJ is he thought the last drive of Wade's was a foul. AJ responds "I don't know. What do you think?" Sefko, quite obviously, can't answer that question. But AJ keeps on pressing. He went after Sefko and DEMANDED that he answer the question. Sefko finally sidesteps the question and moves on. When he makes that attempt he kinda stutters and AJ says, "Don't stutter. Don't stutter." Talk about an asshole way of handling things. If you didn't like the officiating...SAY SOMETHING. You've got plenty of money. You can afford the fines. Don't make the entire organization look as bad as Cuban.

And, once again, after two games 90% of the people on this board KNEW this series was over. I'm sure 90% of the people in Dallas felt that way. And I'm pretty DAMN sure that most of our players felt that way. Is there a lesson we can learn here? Or is it just blatantly obvious that Der Stern won't allow Miami to lose?
The media are PIGS. Sefko got what he deserves. What a stupid question to ask. First, Eddie knows Avery can't say anything negative about the officiating and second, Eddie knows it wasn't a foul. So why ask?

Ask a stupid question and you get a stupid answer. Long live Avery.

After a game like that and a night like that, Sefko should have shut the F up. Nobody cares about his stupid question anyway.

Fact is journalists and the sports media are obsolete, they just like to pretend like they still matter. We have the internet now, so we know about everything before they can tell us. Same as radio. When's the last time you heard something you didn't know on the radio? Uhh never. Same with newspaper.

Worrying about a journalists feelings is like worrying about a lawyer's ethics. Neither has either.

Last edited by sly; 06-19-2006 at 02:43 AM.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:41 AM   #94
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
I wouldn't have any problem if Avery apologized, and I wouldn't have any problem if he didn't. Unless you've apologized for every time you've ever been rude to someone cause you were angry, I really think you're in absolutely no position to judge.
Fair enough. But if he was being rude he's really in no position to have people defending him. Which is it. Was he being childish or not?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 06-19-2006, 02:41 AM   #95
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
You think the journalists are supposed to ask the boring and mundane? Other journalists seemed to skirt the issue just fine until Fast Eddie came in with his "hard-hitting" question. Yeah, maybe we do have different understandings about their role. I guess that's why I had no interest to get into journalism despite a vested interest in sports.
I suspect you made a good career move.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:49 AM   #96
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by g30hd3
Turning our centers into a bunch of foul machines just isn't working. They're putting us over the limit way too early... ended up chipping away the lead we had.
Good point, G3. Being in the penalty early every single damned quarter was a damnable killer for us tonight. I think our Mavs got a tad too liberal trying to play the hack-a-Shaq game and that (along with the refs, the history making 21 FTM D-Wade game, and all our other mistakes) helped to kill us tonight...

But just to stay on topic... I've long thought that Sefko is a turd and poor, relatively uninteresting Mavs beat writer, and I also thought that Avery's response to his bushwacking question in tonight's post-game interview was amusingly both mete and proper. I'm sure that Eddie doesn't have a stuttering problem, but even if he does, I'm not going to get mad at AJ for throwing some mud in the Sefko's face, after the fellow tried to bait the Little General into answering a -$20,000 question...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-19-2006 at 02:58 AM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #97
sly
Banned

Quote:
Fair enough. But if he was being rude he's really in no position to have people defending him. Which is it. Was he being childish or not?
What are you the "rude police"?

Get over it. Everyone is rude at some point and when you've gone to hell and back since November to get where you are only for some dickhead in an ivory tower to fix the last series on you, you'd be pretty testy at a RETARDED question as well.

Who are you to say a damn thing? Go worry about your own politeness.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #98
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I suspect you made a good career move.
You would think Sefko could make the same good move too.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:54 AM   #99
LonghornDub

Quote:
I think what he did was rude. But I also understand completely why he did it. And to be honest, though I'm sure Sefko was probably quite taken aback at the time, he probably understands too (not saying he's happy about, just that he's probably been angry and said something rude at some point in his life as well).

Childish? I don't know about that. Rude? Yeah.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-19-2006 at 02:55 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:58 AM   #100
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Let's just go ahead and say that when Avery Johnson is older and wiser he will not be likely to repeat the youthful indiscretions of days gone by.

It's a learning process, for his players and for him.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:58 AM   #101
dashiet

dashiet is on a distinguished road

It was a little rude but he just lost a big game that ended on controversy, give him a break. It wasn't that serious and kinda funny, actually.
dashiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 03:02 AM   #102
LonghornDub

Quote:
Let's just go ahead and say that when Avery Johnson is older and wiser he will not be likely to repeat the youthful indiscretions of days gone by.

Agreed. Like I said, he's human.

Though, also like I said, Popovich was rude as hell to one of the reporters after Game 7, and he's been around a longggg time. Not saying that makes what Avery did "ok", but I don't think that just with age and experience anyone ever becomes fully desensitized to the lures of angry emotions.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-19-2006 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:34 AM   #103
bigbsezwazup

bigbsezwazup is on a distinguished road

I don't care if anyone on this board likes AJ or not. If you live in Dallas, It's about time AJ went off. Jimmy Johnson didn't take crap, Ken Hitchcock didn't take crap, Bill Parcels doesn't take crap, and I'm glad AJ doesn't either. What do all of these coach's have in common? Championships. Screw the Media and the NBA!
bigbsezwazup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:17 AM   #104
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Here's the deal.. Sefko got himself into the situation when he played dumb. Sefko said something like " I don't understand what you're saying" or "I don't know what you mean".. something like that when AJ asked him whether or not he thought it was a foul. If Sefko would have simply said "AJ, I can't answer that" this whole thing would have been done. But, Sefko played dumb and AJ then made him look dumb.

Personally, I hope Sefko loses his job after this season. He is miserable.
I'm with you on this one Murph. And to people don't Know Avery and don't know what went down a couple of months back, this is just "classy" avery. I saw him do nothing classless. Loser Sefko doesn't studder, he was howefer taken abback that Avery would call him on such a supid question.You could tell Avery is pissed from the moment he walked to the stand. Sefko wanted to get him to say something for a fine, and AJ had none of it. What's the big deal. Sefko's a loser. Go Avery!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:14 AM   #105
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
I'm with you on this one Murph. And to people don't Know Avery and don't know what went down a couple of months back, this is just "classy" avery. I saw him do nothing classless. Loser Sefko doesn't studder, he was howefer taken abback that Avery would call him on such a supid question.You could tell Avery is pissed from the moment he walked to the stand. Sefko wanted to get him to say something for a fine, and AJ had none of it. What's the big deal. Sefko's a loser. Go Avery!
couldn't agree more, however i think AJ will probably extend an apology to him anyways, just because he's a class act.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #106
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Sefko was trying to bait him into getting a fine or getting a "no comment answer. Sefko knew he was drawing Avery into a no-win situation with Avery probably as angry as he has ever been. It wasn't Avery's classiest moment (nobody's perfect) under fire, but Sefko was asking for it by asking such a completely useless question.
sefko can bite me. and you are right, I love it when folks won't play a media's game.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:16 AM   #107
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I agree,

Here's the problem: The Mavericks arent going to get back to the Finals anytime soon. There isnt time to get older and wiser. Everything fell so perfectly for the Mavs all the way here. Its truly once in a lifetime.

The thing I feel most terrible about, is how long Avery and Dirks summers are going to be. Avery is so serious about all of this, I hope he doesnt let this ruin him or negatively affect him next season.

Poor Mavericks.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:17 AM   #108
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So avery is supposed to be "classy" and say amen to the league when he sees one player get whisper fouls called on him that cost him the most important game in the franchise history? BS....

Sefko can go try to get his headline somewhere else.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:22 AM   #109
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's not about the MEDIA. It's about AVERY. He was a jerk. An asshole. Someone I don't like representing the Mavs. Place the blame where it's due. Sefko might suck, but so do a lot of you. You're not given inexplicable commands in the national spotlight.
Why are you criticizing Avery. I think he did the right thing in trying to force some of these media guys into stating the truth, which is: "This was a totally wrong decision and there should've never been a call."

Why does he have to say the things a journalist should point out and even get fined for that?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #110
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

In no way shape or form is it Eddie Sefko's responsibility to diffuse Avery's temper. If he didn't want to answer the question (and sure he had good reason not to) there were a variety of answers he could've used without making an ass of himself.

Dirk got asked about the foul call. Dirk didn't try to humiliate anyone or be a jerk about it...he said it was a tough call.

I don't even like Sefko and I love Avery to death, but he didn't handle himself well at all IMO.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:39 AM   #111
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why are you criticizing Avery. I think he did the right thing in trying to force some of these media guys into stating the truth, which is: "This was a totally wrong decision and there should've never been a call."
Why would he? It wasn't Eddie Sefko's press conference.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 06-19-2006, 08:40 AM   #112
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember the days when journalists didn't try to be the focus of any story. Those were better days. Avery may have been rude by the definition but he certainly did nothing wrong.

Eddie Sefko is the human equivalent of a hot steaming pile of horsecrap, but a little worse. Maybe horsecrap that has been pissed on by a sheep (Sefko's girlfriend of choice) or somesuch.

Last edited by Drbio; 06-19-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:44 AM   #113
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I remember the days when journalists didn't try to be the focus of any story. Those were better days. Avery may have been rude by the definition but he certainly did nothing wrong.

Eddie Sefko is the human equivalent of a hot steaming pile of horsecrap, but a little worse. Maybe horsecrap that has been pissed on by a sheep (Sefko's girlfriend of choice) or somesuch.

lol.

Maybe Sefko just smelled thay way because he slipped and fell in a big hot steaming pile of "Josh Howard Free throw shooting" on the way in, and that got Avery all fired up.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #114
Tokyo Drift
Banned

Tokyo Drift is infamous around these parts

It has been said before....Avery is not much of a coach... He is a hell of a cheerleader.. or a fine mascot... a charming story or whatever
just not a very good coach or human
Avery is the product of Dirk Nowitzki
He's got nothing
Tokyo Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:53 AM   #115
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Drift
It has been said before....Avery is not much of a coach... He is a hell of a cheerleader.. or a fine mascot... a charming story or whatever
just not a very good coach or human
Avery is the product of Dirk Nowitzki
He's got nothing
Its been said before by whom? Go away troll!

Old 06-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #116
sly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
In no way shape or form is it Eddie Sefko's responsibility to diffuse Avery's temper. If he didn't want to answer the question (and sure he had good reason not to) there were a variety of answers he could've used without making an ass of himself.

Dirk got asked about the foul call. Dirk didn't try to humiliate anyone or be a jerk about it...he said it was a tough call.

I don't even like Sefko and I love Avery to death, but he didn't handle himself well at all IMO.
Go be holier than thou somewhere else. You're absolutely lost with your head way up your ass on this issue.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #117
Tokyo Drift
Banned

Tokyo Drift is infamous around these parts

Avery and his old lady suck at being christian

Last edited by Tokyo Drift; 06-19-2006 at 09:00 AM.
Tokyo Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #118
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Go be holier than thou somewhere else. You're absolutely lost with your head way up your ass on this issue.
Excuse me, I don't think you are in any position to be telling me where and when to post. If you disagree with me, then you disagree with me - that's fine.

But, if you just joined the webiste, have fewer than 100 posts and already have a red box by your name, there is greater than 100% chance that I don't really give a crap about your opinion of me or my posts.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #119
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and young and full of testoterone.....BFD.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #120
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I guess after growing up reading Mad Magazine's "Snappy answers to stupid questions", I found it a little humorous.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote